April 27, 2024, 07:50:40 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 91261 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: A BITTER TASTE
« Reply #390 on: April 14, 2013, 02:12:40 PM »
Excellent post dey TT.

People just want to be blind, TT. Allyuh ain't see I does save by breath.

When leadership are spineless, what can we realistically expect?

Oh Gosh! "Not even a toy in a cracker jack box?"  :rotfl:
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 06:38:07 PM by Cocorite »
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: April 14, 2013, 02:19:56 PM »
King Deese yuh summed it up..now how can we overthrow them?
We should stage a football coup..

Offline Observer

• Hero Warrior
  • The best gift for a footballer is Intelligence ---
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: April 14, 2013, 02:22:15 PM »
Let us put things into perspective and then draw a comparison, before the bitter criticism.

This Panama squad all attend the same school (30 players), from age 15. They train 5 days a week together & play on the weekend.
They have played 15 International games & possibly another 30+ games versus local semi & pro clubs, in the last year.

Now I ask you, quite frankly, what really are our expectations  ??? We buying canal cart & want it to run like Benz.
To argue with a person who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead
                                              Thomas Paine

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 U-17 Thread
« Reply #393 on: April 14, 2013, 05:46:10 PM »
But how all yuh so??  My favourite team taking a good licking from Honduras right now.....and ah happy like pappy!!    :cheers: :flamethrower: :wavetowel: :party: :beermug: :beermug:

I missed the first half but caught all of the second half.  Some sweet goals from dem Honduran youngsters papa.....also apparently mih good friends up North have always qualified for this tournament......not this time apparently if they can't pull off a miracle in the next 8 minutes....

Anybody see Zeppo??  He not around much these days is he??   Ah missing him at a time like this.... ;D ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: April 14, 2013, 06:01:58 PM »
But how all yuh so??  My favourite team taking a good licking from Honduras right now.....and ah happy like pappy!!    :cheers: :flamethrower: :wavetowel: :party: :beermug: :beermug:

I missed the first half but caught all of the second half.  Some sweet goals from dem Honduran youngsters papa.....also apparently mih good friends up North have always qualified for this tournament......not this time apparently if they can't pull off a miracle in the next 8 minutes....

Anybody see Zeppo??  He not around much these days is he??   Ah missing him at a time like this.... ;D ;D

I NOW coming on to arkske if anybody tink we go hyear from him dis roungz but yuh beat meh to it.  :laugh:   

All dem goals was some wicked golazo, even zeppo and dem own.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: April 14, 2013, 07:36:51 PM »
Ah know ah will sound like ah broken record eh, but damn Shaq Moore woulda be ah nice addition to our defense.
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Men's Championship Thread
« Reply #396 on: April 14, 2013, 08:18:43 PM »
if we get thru we play probably play panama. we could beat that side. unless bdos upset them we could end up playing ja, even better.

If Bdos upset Pan. they win there group and we finish sec to Can then we play Bdos and Can plays Jam.

thanks for the correction. bdos even more better  :beermug:

wow.......we never learn.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: April 14, 2013, 09:01:52 PM »
So ... in South America we're left with Argentina, Brazil, Paraguay, Peru, Uruguay and Venezuela. Eliminated from WC contention are Bolivia, Colombia, Chile and Ecuador.

Last week Brazil and Uruguay played to a 1-1 draw. Today Brazil beat them 1-0 ... after a couple days downtime before the second phase of the tournament began.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/HMhpCA7Aq68" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/HMhpCA7Aq68</a>
Mosquito #9: first to react to the ball.

Also today:
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YPzXb6TypMw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YPzXb6TypMw</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/S51WgaSwsUs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/S51WgaSwsUs</a>
Sunday saw an increase in attendance to support the home team.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: April 14, 2013, 09:20:22 PM »
Let us put things into perspective and then draw a comparison, before the bitter criticism.

This Panama squad all attend the same school (30 players), from age 15. They train 5 days a week together & play on the weekend.
They have played 15 International games & possibly another 30+ games versus local semi & pro clubs, in the last year.

Now I ask you, quite frankly, what really are our expectations  ??? We buying canal cart & want it to run like Benz.

I refuse 2 watch d game. I will not get emotionally attached to TT football. I took a break 89 till Latas return v Guatemala in 05. I want us 2 win every game we play but I will not get worked up. I will go d odd game wit friends 4 d lime but d days where I would b depress when we loose. gone. If it were not 4 this site I would lock of football like how I lock of WI cricket. I have not seem the WI team live for the past 10 yrs.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: April 14, 2013, 09:41:45 PM »

Hmmph!!  Yuh eh go get no argument outta me.

*****************************************************************************************

We have to look no further than Venezuela to see how "easy" it is to build something out of nothing, as far as putting a good, solid development program/structure in place. From youth to senior level, men and women. But it will never happen.
« Last Edit: April 14, 2013, 09:50:00 PM by Mango Chow! »

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A BITTER TASTE - U-17 team.
« Reply #400 on: April 15, 2013, 07:48:50 AM »
Did you fellas see the cut ass Honduras put on USA last Evening. Development program has both the youth and the senior team playing the same brand and a force to be recon with in Concacaf.
 Just look at Panama. Steady . methodical and no quick fix. Now the Coaching staff is saying the players did not step up. Well , we need a scapegoat as usual. What's new?. Listening to Mr Corneal I really thought given his long exposure and hands on with T&T football , that we were in the world Cup mix.
 When the USA  did not make it in this qualifier , the first Question was a Review and Questions about the teams failure. I hope it is not business as usual for The Coaching staff and the team .

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: April 15, 2013, 09:54:32 AM »
Did you fellas see the cut ass Honduras put on USA last Evening. Development program has both the youth and the senior team playing the same brand and a force to be recon with in Concacaf.
 Just look at Panama. Steady . methodical and no quick fix. Now the Coaching staff is saying the players did not step up. Well , we need a scapegoat as usual. What's new?. Listening to Mr Corneal I really thought given his long exposure and hands on with T&T football , that we were in the world Cup mix.
 When the USA  did not make it in this qualifier , the first Question was a Review and Questions about the teams failure. I hope it is not business as usual for The Coaching staff and the team .

Corneal has the best wuk in the footballing world...im convinced! One man can continuously fail at his job and still keep his job for so long is remarkable to me. He has the responsibility to groom young players into strong professionals that is supposed to feed into our national setup...how has that project gone thus far? Look at our current national team and you'll find your answer! Corneal and them is just one long cancerous part of T&T football.
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: April 15, 2013, 12:05:08 PM »
I could be wrong here and am open to correction.......but i've never seen a country's or any team's technical director sit on the bench with the coaching staff and players

Better yet, I was surprised to see de man get off de bench and belt out instructions.  "Who is the coach?", was my question.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: April 15, 2013, 12:24:28 PM »
I could be wrong here and am open to correction.......but i've never seen a country's or any team's technical director sit on the bench with the coaching staff and players

Better yet, I was surprised to see de man get off de bench and belt out instructions.  "Who is the coach?", was my question.
I ask this question in another thread and start to do some 'research' about it, ah ketch and say to mehself, "boy doh make yuhself ah ass", is TnT football yuh talking bout :)

Someone mentioned though dat Wim used to do him same thing when he TD, so ah guess the current TD feel is ok for him to do it to Shawn and dem.

@ Injunchile, sadly I'm guessing it will indeed be business as usual :(

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: April 15, 2013, 02:20:17 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6wkNBuGEDE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X6wkNBuGEDE</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: April 15, 2013, 03:40:12 PM »
We stirred up the jep nest by scoring too early if we had gone in at half time 0-0 maybe we would have won.The Panamanians had nuff time to organize and come back at us very strong.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #406 on: April 15, 2013, 04:45:31 PM »
Look how far Mexico has come! All of the Mexican teams are highly competive and that always wasnt the case, especially at youth level (I'm not talking Concacaf im talking on the world stage).

Fordy, Mex has always been there from the beginning. I more believe they did not take the tournament as seriously as the U-20 or U-23 for the Olimpics. But when they see the US qualifying for 10 straight tournaments, they up the ante and started to put more emphasis on the U-17. When the U-19 started in 72, I think they and Cuba reached the Concacaf finals. They have been to more WC finals than anyone else.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Men's Championship Thread
« Reply #407 on: April 16, 2013, 05:13:42 AM »
Honduras tops U.S., earns U-17 WC spot 
By Michael Lewis

PANAMA CITY, Panama -- Honduras recorded a 3-1 quarterfinal win to stun the United States to qualify for the FIFA Under-17 World Cup and reach the semifinals of the 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Championship on Sunday night.

The result denied the Americans from qualifying for the U-17 World Cup for the first time. The U.S. was the only country that had participated in every FIFA U-17 world championship, having qualified a record 14 times.

The Hondurans will play the winner of the Mexico-Guatemala quarterfinal match in the semifinals on Wednesday.

Christopher Alegria, Alberth Elis and Kevin Alvarez scored for the Central Americans, who defeated the U.S. for the first time in eight meetings in the U-17 championship. Honduras entered the match with a 0-0-7 record vs. the U.S.

The Americans controlled the early part of the game, but had little to show from their efforts.

With the match barely three minutes old, the U.S. had the first opportunity as Shaquell Moore had close-range header off a corner kick.

Corey Baird fired a left-footed shot that bounced to Honduras goalkeeper Cristian Hernandez, who bobbled the ball a bit, but covered up for his second save in the 10th minute.

Three minutes later, Hernandez was up to the task again, denying Joel Sonora from eight yards.

The Hondurans got back into the swing of things, placing their first shot on goal in the 18th minute. Devron Garcia tapped captain Luis Santos a free kick and Santos launched a low shot that went right to goalkeeper Jefferson Caldwell.

Brayan Velasquez broke through the U.S. defense in the 26th minute and raced in on Caldwell, who managed to knock the ball away before the Honduran could get off a shot. Velasquez was injured on the play and limped off the field before rejoining the action minutes later.

Honduras grabbed a 1-0 lead in the 42nd minute on a screaming, 30-yard drive by Alegria. Alvaro Romero, on the left flank, passed the ball to an unmarked Alegria toward the middle of the field and he fired a line drive that Caldwell got a hand on, but could not stop from going into the far right corner.

Sonora equalized for the U.S. in the 45th minute. The Boca Juniors youth product took a pass from Christopher Lema and as Honduran players converged, he sent a 30-yard rocket to the near left post for a 1-1 tie.

Velasquez turned playmaker for Honduras in the 57th minute. He sent a diagonal pass to an onrushing Elis, who beat defender Thomas Redding to the ball, before he tipped it past Caldwell from six yards for a 2-1 lead. An exuberant Elis took off his blue shirt to celebrate as referee Henry Bejarano of Costa Rica issued him a yellow card.

Elis almost gave the Hondurans a two-goal lead off a counterattack in the 66th minute. He raced down the field with U.S. defender John Requejo Jr. and fired 12-yard blast that hit the underside of the crossbar. The game officials ruled that the ball did not cross the goal line and play continued.

However, Honduras did give itself some breathing room only two minutes later. This time Alvarez powered home a 28-yard rocket off a free kick to the left near post past a leaping Caldwell for a 3-1 advantage. Copying Elis, Alvarez also ripped off his shirt to celebrate his goal and was assessed a yellow card.

So it.

Mexico, Canada, Panama and Honduras going on.

Shaquell Moore .. o o...  :rotfl:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: April 16, 2013, 09:30:49 AM »

Read this comment found here:

“It’s been a learning experience. I’m now getting introduced to a lot of different training methods and the way that we prepare youngsters for a tournament like this. It’s been a really good learning process for me and I’m really impressed by Anton (Corneal) and his coaching tactics as well.

« Last Edit: April 16, 2013, 10:00:58 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: April 16, 2013, 04:48:56 PM »
So was SH scouting or inte
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/X6wkNBuGEDE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/X6wkNBuGEDE</a>
So was SH scouting or interviewing  ? Enquiring minds looking for change.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: April 17, 2013, 04:45:26 PM »
Today:

Keep our U-17 boys together and reach out to VEN to see if they're interested in a warm-up ... VEN is on track to qualify for the WC based on present runnings.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BxFQ4s_bDzQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BxFQ4s_bDzQ</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: April 17, 2013, 04:46:51 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/BPbGmb59EZ4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/BPbGmb59EZ4</a>
Paraguay 3 Peru 1

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: April 17, 2013, 04:55:11 PM »
Argentina v Uruguay is in progress ... dos tantos por los argentinos. No response from Uruguay ... yet. In other words, 2-0 so far.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: April 17, 2013, 06:44:38 PM »
Uruguayans have some serious lionheartedness on the field ... Game draw 3-3. Pride!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: April 17, 2013, 07:13:37 PM »
Uruguayans have some serious lionheartedness on the field ... Game draw 3-3. Pride!

Them is pure "badmind". They have done a lot for football for a small country. 

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: April 18, 2013, 10:54:45 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/PmtZIqGweEs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/PmtZIqGweEs</a>
These fellas are sons of Maradona in trute ... aka a bunch of tiefing  ... whaiz de Guyanese word ah looking for ;D ? ... sc**ts! Tiefing sc**ts. Argentina does not deserve to go to UAE. Not only did Uruguay recover from the 2-0 deficit, they also went ahead a goal to make it 3-2. Watch this video and look at Argentina's equalizer :bs: Glaring injustice.

Credit to them though ... candidate for goal of the tournament off ah that chest trap followed by a bicycle!!!
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 10:57:16 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: April 18, 2013, 11:07:50 AM »
...and please no one remind me about Suarez conduct versus Ghana during the WC, ah eh want tuh hear bout that right now  :).

... and this builds on my point about teams playing in tournaments on their home soil. Look at ARG's conduct after the game. Look at their conduct during the game. Bringing the game into disrepute  ::).
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 11:11:23 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: April 18, 2013, 11:10:00 AM »
It really hard for Uruguay to get done in by such a blatant foul on that last goal...classless display by some of the young Argentines :(

The bicycle was unbelievable!!!!

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #418 on: April 18, 2013, 11:14:12 AM »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: April 19, 2013, 06:40:12 PM »
Exciting 3rd place game Canada v Honduras, going to PKs after extra time...I wonder if we TnT coaches and players following up and watching these games?

Just a thought.

1]; } ?>