March 28, 2024, 05:20:57 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 89767 times)

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-17 Championship Thread
« Reply #510 on: September 17, 2016, 11:36:13 AM »
Unbeaten as they may, the U20  ain't that great either. At least they weren't 2 months ago..maybe they are better now. I hope.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: September 17, 2016, 12:13:39 PM »
Unbeaten as they may, the U20  ain't that great either. At least they weren't 2 months ago..maybe they are better now. I hope.

Not great but with the inclusion of Keston Julien and Chaz Burnett the team is improved. I expected more inclusions by the time they head to Curacao. The U20's will make it to CONCACF

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: September 17, 2016, 12:17:42 PM »
I still doh understand how dem men spend years in europe and come back coachin like yuh play all yuh life with trintoc, fellas like dey eh learn nutten

Oh! How we chop down our heroes so quickly!
Deeks it eh no cut down, latas have licenses and exposure to modern training methods and how the game is played at a fairly high level, yet many of the same deficiencies seem to exist between his stint with seniors and these u17s, is either his messages are not being received clearly by his charges or messages get lost, but dat team looked rudderless last night and became increasingly so as the game wore on.........I have seen this scenario play out before, guess when and where?

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: September 17, 2016, 12:20:18 PM »
I still doh understand how dem men spend years in europe and come back coachin like yuh play all yuh life with trintoc, fellas like dey eh learn nutten

Oh! How we chop down our heroes so quickly!

People are speaking the obvious, what is in front their eyes, but yet you talking about 'chopping down heroes'. Latas is in a coaching position so he has to be evaluated like any other coach. This is the reality.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: September 17, 2016, 12:50:15 PM »
In all meh years going and watch T&T play, yesterday was the fuss time I walk out a match before it finish  :frustrated: :frustrated:... Them fellas had no determination, no hunger, no vision, lacked formation, seemed uninspired.... As I mentioned elsewhere, hopefully is jus nerves and they'll grow and become more cohesive as the tournament progress... Latapy, can't take all the blame, but he sure as hell need to shoulder some..  With all that said, ah still supporting, and will be there on Sunday again, doh make meh waste my blasted $30 please

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: September 17, 2016, 01:36:19 PM »
just support them. they will come around. need to get foreign kids on the squad so that they can get motivated.  :banginghead:

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: September 17, 2016, 02:02:24 PM »
Latapy should not be addressing these developmental issues in NT training. Latapy time should be spent on implementing his ideas on how they should approach qualification.

I personally think he should be a youth development trainer and build from there,or give him some u12-13 to "bring up", say way yuh want about d man his pedigree in individual technique and execution is up dey with d best and from what I gathered most of his jobs since retiring have centered around technique training with club youth.....I guess his ambitions go beyond simple transferring his playing talent others. but he seems to have not perfected or improved in his chosen field.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 02:07:16 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: September 17, 2016, 02:32:07 PM »
#%#÷×!€&# elan!!!!!! Iz now ah know iz time for Lasik yes.  :)

Hoss ... we sent out a search party with a body bag, buh after a while de worst was feared ...  :devil:

Welcome back to football heaven.  :P

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: September 17, 2016, 02:43:16 PM »
Here's what I find interesting. A few days ago, I was pleasantly surprised to hear what was effectively unanimity (among guests on a popular radio station) regarding Coach Hart keeping his job.

One of the weaker reasons advanced was that our competition calendar was too advanced to make a change at this point.

I say "weak" because that could be interpreted as a default reason ... all other things being equal, maybe those voices would be less supportive? I doh know.

The point however is that they are  supportive on the face of the reasoning above.

Then, with Latas having assumed the helm a month before U17 qualifying... should not those same or similar voices feel the same way about the U17 ship?

Just curious.

Keith Anderson via e-mail.   Oops.  ::)
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:15:58 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: September 17, 2016, 03:00:46 PM »
 I was happy with the performance of the TNT under 17 players- very colorful bunch of kids - they showed alot of grit and heart vs haiti - who were strong, physical - they absorbed alot of pressure - was patient in defense and they picked their moments carefully. I also saw the time wasting tactics just to kill off any momentum tnt had going forward - it was clever, they were away from home. You could tell they are a well nit group of guys that knows how to play in these types of matches.

Overall I can't be more pleased with the players in the squad, especially the back 4 and our midfield was really strong. I felt that we didn't have a good approach to the game - we played like we were the away team in some occasions - I saw alot of individual plays it wasn't until 80 minutes where the team found a rhythm but credit to haiti for doing everything to kill off the game. Also you have to respect your opponents - and this is important here - conserving energy and not overly exerting while pushing forward. This was totally going to be one of those grind games if we were going to get a result but instead it turned into a beats show.

It is so important in these qualifiers not to concede the first goal. Anytime u do that it allows the opposition to control the flow of the game - and this by no means should suggest parking the bus early but I was expecting the back 4 and midfield to be a little more patient pushing forward - they were too direct - and predictable at times. We were using the left flank alot not switching the ball to the right much and sometimes the guys tried to go straight down the middle. We got around this haitian team once.. and it was in the 90 minute.

I do like Latas as coach! I know he has more experience and knowledge of the game that any of his counterparts in this competition- and this gives the youths an advantage. What we saw was not a polished finished prepared team but a ragtag effort to last minute a surprise result. The referee didn't give us any calls - I saw many occasions where the haitians should of been booked and wasn't.. again we are not capable of dealing strong physical teams - not at the under 17 or senior level it seems. And the team has to learn how to pace themselves.
Still proud tho.. they looked good, were soundly beaten by a superior side well coached and determined /confident in themselves.. it showed .. onto next game.. Worried about Jamaica.. b.c they look really really technical and structured vs bermuda.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: September 17, 2016, 05:38:37 PM »

Not great but with the inclusion of Keston Julien and Chaz Burnett the team is improved. I expected more inclusions by the time they head to Curacao. The U20's will make it to CONCACF
Can't say I'm familiar with the team and those guys,but since they not name God or Jesus, I will pray for them still

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: September 17, 2016, 06:50:25 PM »
That cannot be  the best we have to offer. I staying home to watch the Emmy's put the 30 in gas.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: September 17, 2016, 07:46:53 PM »
#%#÷×!€&# elan!!!!!! Iz now ah know iz time for Lasik yes.  :)

Hoss ... we sent out a search party with a body bag, buh after a while de worst was feared ...  :devil:

Welcome back to football heaven.  :P

Ah know yuh would not leave meh out there jus so.  :beermug:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #523 on: September 18, 2016, 07:18:20 AM »
We need a positive result today. What changes you think Latas need to make?

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #524 on: September 18, 2016, 08:19:50 AM »
Under-17s stumble as team lacks midfield creativity.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T’s Under-17 footballers got off to their worst possible start to the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) U-17 Men’s Qualifiers at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, on Friday night, going down 2-0 to Haiti in their opening group encounter in front an appreciative crowd.

Though coached by a man considered a master of trickery, the under-17s lacked creativity in the midfield and paid dearly for allowing the opposition room and time, in and around the goal area. They excited the crowd as early as the 7th minute when Isaiah Hudson found room some 20 yards out, but his powerful low drive just whisked past the right upright.

Two minutes later the Haitians squandered a golden opportunity to take the lead. Captain Steeve Selso Saint-Duc found himself at the end of a nicely threaded pass but his weak attempt took a deflection off T&T defender Tyrike Andrews and into the path of Nael Wellofky Elysee who blazed over with the goal at his mercy.

Andrews would be the saviour for the home team in the 17th minute as the visitors found their rhythm. Elysee stormed down the right side and delivered perfectly for an unmarked Steeve Moondestin on top the area but his shot took a deflection off the charging body of Andrews, before rolling to safety. However, the Haitian’s persistence would not be denied in the 21st minute.

Jimmylson Guillaume’s long searching ball for Saint-Duc was met on the head by Jesse Williams deep in the T&T defence, but only as far as Elysee on top the box. The skilful Haitian took the ball down nicely, and drilled it into the bottom right corner, well past the outstretched arms of Emmanuel John in the T&T goal.

Apart from the Haitians, the home team struggled to find the confidence as a unit to keep possession and mount attacks, otherwise it all happened in spurts. They were lucky not to concede another goal before the half-time interval, after Andrews failed to pick up the flight of another searching long ball from the right side to Saint-Duc. But when it fell invitingly for the stocky striker, he turned it wide of the post, with John beaten.

Coach Russell Latapy made two changes at the start of the half, replacing striker Nion Lammy and defender Brandon Semper with Jaydon Prowell and Mickel Orr in an attempt to improve his offence, and it almost produced the desired effect when Hudson broke loose of his marker in the 55th minute but Prowell could not control when Hudson picked him out free in the Haitian area.

They were however made to pay for this in the 67th minute as Haiti scored a second time. Saint-Duc, though clearly the Haitian dangerman, still found himself unmarked on top the T&T area when Jean Jacques Danley picked him out with a telling pass. The skillful striker raced into the box before lifting the ball over the advancing Emmanuel to assure his team full points.

Later the striker missed a golden chance to make it 3-0 when he weaved his way through the T&T defence but his powerful shot came off a defender before being cleared to safety.

T&T’s best chance of the game came in the 90th minute from a free-kick when Andrews went up to use his height. Still, when Jodel Brown picked him out, he headed wide of the mark with the goal at his mercy. 

After the game Saint-Duc was adjudged Man of the Match. In an earlier game on the day Jamaica clobbered Bermuda 6-1. The home team will come up against Bermuda this evening from 6.30 pm at the same venue.

RELATED NEWS

T&T U-17s go under to Haiti in CFU opener.
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s Under 17 Men’s Team went under 2-0 to Haiti in their opening Group A fixture in the Caribbean Football Union Men’s Under 17 qualifier on Friday night at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

The game followed the opening Group A match which saw Jamaica defeat Bermuda 6-2.

Haiti went ahead in the 21st minute when Nael Wellofky picked up a loose clearance at the top of the box and clinically drilled a low right footer into the left corner of the net past goalkeeper Emmanuel John.

Haitian captain Steve Selso then put his team 2-0 ahead in the 67th minute after a breakaway.

See post-match reactions from T&T head coach Russell Latapy and Haiti’s head coach James Morisset below.

Video - Latapy at Post Match Press Conference after opening loss to Haiti

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-17s must beat Bermuda
« Reply #525 on: September 18, 2016, 08:34:42 AM »
U-17s must beat Bermuda
By Ian Prescott (T&T Express)

HAITI dented Russell Latapy’s ambition of a winning start to the Caribbean Football Union Final round of qualifying for the India 2017 FIFA Under-17 men’s World Cup, when beating Trinidad and Tobago 2-0 on the opening night of Caribbean qualifying at Ato Boldon stadium on Friday.

The impressive young Haitians look good enough to win the group, while Trinidad and Tobago will likely bounce back this evening in their second match of the tournament, against Bermuda, who were defeated 6-2 by a workmanlike Jamaica in the tournament’s opening match.

Trinidad and Tobago’s must-win encounter against Bermuda will be played from 6.30 p.m. today at Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, following Haiti’s match against Jamaica, starting at 4 p.m.

Everything was ripe for a T&T victory on Friday night. An official 1,200 paying patrons turned up to back the Soca Warriors, leaving the pie and nuts vendors lamenting the fact that they had not anticipated the “big” turnout, and so had sold out their goods early.

Haiti, though, spoiled the party. A seasoned bunch, the young Haitians withstood some early pressure, then bossed the match through relentless hard work, precise passing and smothering defence.

The Haitians got a goal apiece from twin strikers Nael Elysee (22-nd) and Man of the Match Steeve Saint-Duc (67’), while both also had one incredible miss. And T&T goalie Emmanuel John, the Naparima College keeper, twice foiled the Haitians with timely saves.

“The reality of the game is that the better team won tonight. I can see why they are defending champions,” T&T head coach Latapy said, while expressing his disappointment at not winning at home. “They are a very organised team and they made it very difficult for us. They played very well.”

Trinidad and Tobago’s best chance of a goal came in the early moments, when they were playing well, and W Connection midfielder Isaiah Hudson arrowed a mid-range shot which seem set for the far corner of the net, until a flying save saw the Haitian keeper Redondio Alliance touch the ball further wide. Haiti then settled down and took over.

Latapy, though, still has lots of coaching to do. His charges played too slowly, while showed either poor or no off-the-ball movement. The defence looked suspect down the centre and the midfielders seemed to have little no clue how to play without the ball.

There were brief, individual flashes of T&T talent—Luke Singh’s deep searching ball picking out overlapping Brandon Semper; a couple testing shots from the captain John-Paul Rochford; and Hudson’s hot shot.

“I just think their positional sense was better. We seem to have big gaps,” Latapy stated. “I think it showed tonight that we weren’t really prepared as Haiti was to play international games.”

Still, the former Porto midfielder is backing his men to come good against Bermuda tonight, before meeting Jamaica in another key game on Tuesday.

“I know that we have good players and tonight we did not play to the standard we can play at,” Latapy added. “I am backing them to bounce back.”

FRIDAY’S RESULTS:

(Group A)
HAITI 2 (Nael Elysee 22’, Steeve Saint-Duc 67’) TRINIDAD & TOBAGO 0
JAMAICA 6 (Raewin Senior 5’, Kaheem Parris 17’ & 72’, Kendall Edwards 36’, Nicque Delay 42’, Tokia Russell 90 ‘(OG) BERMUDA 2 (Smith Jones- Rahzir 30’, Tokia Russell 81’)

CFU FINAL ROUND SCHEDULE:
(Today)
(Group A)

Jamaica vs Haiti, 4 p.m, Ato
Boldon Stadium
T&T vs Bermuda, 6.30 p.m., Ato Boldon Stadium

(Monday)
(Group B)

Guadeloupe vs Cuba, 5 p.m.,
Hasely Crawford Stadium
Suriname vs Curacao, 7.30 p.m., Hasely Crawford Stadium
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: September 18, 2016, 08:38:35 AM »
Is Judah injured
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: September 18, 2016, 10:16:05 AM »
It was reported that he was injured and deselected . However he is training with club and playing SSFL. Not sure what is going on.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: September 18, 2016, 03:36:02 PM »
From what I am reading, Jamaica is defending in numbers, but Haiti defense is not looking good, Haiti is also down to ten men, I think its half an hour gone.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: September 18, 2016, 03:56:07 PM »
Haiti and Jamaica draw 0-0

Standings
Jamaica  4    +4
Haiti      4    +2
TNT       0     -2
Bermuda 0    -4

We in a must win situation

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: September 18, 2016, 04:16:43 PM »
they r going to loss again if they r playing to slow and i guess lazy.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: September 18, 2016, 05:00:48 PM »
We down 2-0
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: September 18, 2016, 05:13:30 PM »
u17 no technical ability with n without the ball

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: September 18, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
We down 2-0
Even if they are lucky enough to come back and win,who can really back a team with a defense like Swiss cheese.Do we really want to see this bunch in Korea,they will be a laughing stock,Bermuda may just put them out of their misery. :-[

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: September 18, 2016, 05:34:45 PM »
steups
I pity the fool....

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: September 18, 2016, 05:44:09 PM »
We soon score. ;D

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: September 18, 2016, 05:48:27 PM »
Lol ah love it

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: September 18, 2016, 05:50:13 PM »
What can we expect when our players think SSFL football is the pinnacle of their experience. Shortsighted!

Their ambition is to play slow, easy ball and gallary infront their friends.

Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: September 18, 2016, 05:57:43 PM »
shortman playin with some urgency good...wish he teammates ketch d vibe
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior