March 28, 2024, 07:10:35 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 89741 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-17 Championship Thread
« Reply #540 on: September 18, 2016, 06:15:50 PM »
stinginess with a few minutes to go steups
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #541 on: September 18, 2016, 06:18:00 PM »
lamy ignoring good passes to gallery
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: September 18, 2016, 06:18:28 PM »
gooooooooooooooooooooooooooooaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaallllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll 3-2
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: September 18, 2016, 06:20:14 PM »
heart attack but ah goh take dat win
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: September 18, 2016, 06:21:08 PM »
dat benny kid is someting....watch him.... way  dis team was vs haiti and d first 60mins of dis game
I pity the fool....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: September 18, 2016, 06:29:36 PM »
Well done good result.

Standings
Jamaica   4    +4
Haiti       4    +2
TNT        3     -1
Bermuda 0     -5

Haiti likely to beat Bermuda to finish with 7 points, a draw with Jamaica is minimum requirements for us.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: September 18, 2016, 06:41:49 PM »

well boi T&T is heart attack football even at the U-17 level against Bermuda

Anyway if anyone can find highlights of this game, please post it

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #547 on: September 18, 2016, 07:07:19 PM »

The Wi feed was working intermittently for me. I give up around the 87 minute, couldn't believeitwhen I heard we had won.

Good luck vs Jamaica.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: September 18, 2016, 07:15:13 PM »

The Wi feed was working intermittently for me. I give up around the 87 minute, couldn't believeitwhen I heard we had won.

Good luck vs Jamaica.

VB

benny *spelling* wake up d team dat kid wanted it, not sure what was going before he put dem on he back and tote dem kickin and screamin.....did he start?, if anybody knows.....joined in late
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #549 on: September 18, 2016, 08:04:16 PM »
What can we expect when our players think SSFL football is the pinnacle of their experience. Shortsighted!

Their ambition is to play slow, easy ball and gallary infront their friends.

Why allyuh knocking them boys for playing SSFL and saying they shortsighted and have no ambition. All of them are also attached to the pro club. Why the pro club not correcting that deficiency. What does the pro clubs have to offer those boys. W Connection maybe the exception to the rule. The other clubs with exception of police and DF are operating on the skin of their pants. Whey they getting money to higher foreign youth coaches? Unless the proclubs come up with alternatives, SSFL WILL always be the outlet for developing talent.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: September 18, 2016, 08:23:49 PM »
A win is a win, 3 points in the bag.... Them youths better bring the A+ game against Jamrock..... 

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: September 18, 2016, 08:31:18 PM »
A win is a win, 3 points in the bag.... Them youths better bring the A+ game against Jamrock..... 

glad with d urgency shown coming down to d end would still like to know if Benny was ah sub....if so, latapy may have found his linchpin in dat one :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:
I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: September 19, 2016, 03:50:13 AM »
WATCH Post-match comments of Raymond Jones, Bermuda U17 head coach.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/CuHMJPVZEyI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/CuHMJPVZEyI</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: September 19, 2016, 03:52:52 AM »
WATCH Post-match comments of Russell Latapy, Trinidad & Tobago U17 head coach.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a2edvjIscf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a2edvjIscf4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: September 19, 2016, 03:57:00 AM »
WATCH T&T U-17 player Jaydon Prowell reacts after leading T&T to 3-2 win over Bermuda.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/83KQVhxB6SM" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/83KQVhxB6SM</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: September 19, 2016, 08:36:57 AM »
WATCH Post-match comments of Russell Latapy, Trinidad & Tobago U17 head coach.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a2edvjIscf4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a2edvjIscf4</a>

ok he didn't sound very trintoc-like dey........maybe if he get to continue with this bunch he could turn dem into someting.....still need to work team defense and positional awareness as well as talkin to some ah dem fellas about playin for d team.....Lamy in particular....spoil two opportunity through some very selfish play...dat was especially disappointing with 3-4mins to go and d team tryin desperately to win.
« Last Edit: September 19, 2016, 08:46:56 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #556 on: September 19, 2016, 09:35:43 AM »
U-17s leave it late as Prowell guides Latapy’s men past Bermuda.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 men’s team produced a spirited second-half display to give themselves a late lifeline as they completed a come from behind 3-2 victory over Bermuda in their second Group A contest in the Caribbean Football Union U-17 Finals at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday.

The result left T&T in third spot in the table with three points behind leaders Jamaica (4pts) and Haiti (4pts) after those two countries played to a 0-0 stalemate in Sunday’s earlier encounter.

A win on Tuesday over Jamaica will assure T&T a place in next April’s CONCACAF Final qualifying round in Panama and the young “Warriors” will be looking to keep the momentum of Sunday’s two-goal comeback to push themselves ahead of the “Reggae Boyz”.

T&T head coach Russell Latapy handed the armband to frontman Jayden Prowell, opting to leave midfielder and first choice skipper John Paul Rochford on the bench. And after Bermuda seized a 2-0 first half advantage after some untidy work in the back by T&T, it appeared that T&T’s campaign was heading for a miserable ending. But Latapy pulled his troops together and they took control of proceedings after the break to produce their best bit of football in only their second international outing.

Substitute Che Benny, wearing the number 10, was introduced in the second half by Latapy and brought some stability and creativity to the T&T midfield. He pulled a goal back in the 70th minute and Prowell tied the scores to set the stage for a nerve wracking finish. Bermuda would miss an open goal in the 92nd minute and T&T would seize a lifeline with another strike in the 93rd from Prowell to spark wild celebrations among the team and supporters at the venue.

T&T faces Jamaica at 7:30pm on Tuesday at the Ato Boldon Stadium with Haiti meeting Bermuda from 5pm.

Latapy comments after the match

“I’m delighted with the first three points. We knew that after we lost the first game that we had to get three points to keep us in the competition. It was a game that we made very difficult for ourselves but the reality is that we got the three points and we are still in the competition and if we win the next match then we are through to the next round and that is all that matters now.

“There is a lot of work to do with these players. We have a very talented bunch but we keep making simple defensive errors and offensive errors and we just need time to get their minds right.

“The truth is I asked them to trust in me. I said to them at half time that I’ve got more years of professional football than they have in life. I said to them that if they trust in me then I could tell them how to win the game. A lot of the times we asked them to do things and as soon as they go over the white line they just get back into their old habits and do whatever they feel like. I said to them that the game depends on them, if they want to win it or not because if you lose this game, that  football is finish for them at this level and I am happy that they trusted in me and I am happy that we got the victory.”

T&T Starting XI – 1. Emmanuel John (GK), 2. Kerdell Sween, 4. Tyrike Andrews, 5. Jesse Williams, 7. Isaiah Hudson, 8. Jodel Brown, 9.Jaydon Prowell (capt), 11. Tyrese Bailey, 12. Jerrin Jackie, 14. Kishon Hackshaw, 16. Nickel Orr.

Head Coach: Russell Latapy

Referee: Ricangel  De Leca (Aruba)

Videos -

U-17 player Jaydon Prowell reacts after leading T&T to 3-2 win over Bermuda

Post Match Comments - Latapy reacts after 3-2 victory over Bermuda

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #557 on: September 19, 2016, 09:47:29 AM »
When the media is interviewing the players (for example that last interview with Prowell) it is expected to ask the Captain what is his thoughts on why the team was down 0-2 and what were the reasons for the breakdown in defense, instead the media is only focused on projecting 'great comeback' and 'great fight'.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: September 19, 2016, 10:46:29 AM »
WATCH: Goals by Che Benny and Jaydon Prowell lift Trinidad and Tobago U-17 to a 3-2 win over Bermuda.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tNeLkXsv7N4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tNeLkXsv7N4</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: September 19, 2016, 12:04:05 PM »
Maybe TT best game is still to come,we wait and see.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #560 on: September 19, 2016, 12:18:58 PM »
WATCH: Goals by Che Benny and Jaydon Prowell lift Trinidad and Tobago U-17 to a 3-2 win over Bermuda.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/tNeLkXsv7N4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/tNeLkXsv7N4</a>

Nah ah love de highlights!!!

Did Che Benny assist on the 2nd goal?

Is he a starter?

If he's not a starter, do we have a lot of left footed midfielders better than him?

Just wondering bout that from the lil plays I saw from him😀
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: September 19, 2016, 12:24:13 PM »

Nah ah love de highlights!!!

Did Che Benny assist on the 2nd goal?

Is he a starter?

If he's not a starter, do we have a lot of left footed midfielders better than him?

Just wondering bout that from the lil plays I saw from him😀

I look forward to see him play against a better defense than Bermuda. Bermudian players were pretty much standing around in defense. I have to see him go against better defensive quality to really rate his potential

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: September 19, 2016, 05:38:00 PM »
This team needs a lot of work. How to be discipline, how to keep possession and how to be patient.  :banginghead:

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #563 on: September 20, 2016, 06:36:02 AM »
Group A                                       Group B
Jamaica  4      +4                          Cuba     6      +7
Haiti      4       +2                          Curacao 3      +1
TnT        3       -1                          Suriname 3      0
Bermuda 0       -5                         Guadeloupe 0   -8

At present we do not have best 3rd place. Curacao likely to beat Guadeloupe and Cuba to beat Suriname on Wednesday. We would advance with a draw or a 1-0 loss combined with Cuba beat Suriname by 3 or more.

A victory puts us 2nd in the group.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #564 on: September 20, 2016, 06:55:48 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2qPUu6SxmPw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2qPUu6SxmPw</a>

The Jamaican supporters seem very cocky/confident. Hada remind them we're home and pour some salt on their wounds  :devil:

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: September 20, 2016, 07:44:46 AM »
Hey...... TnT U17 team must win this game.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: September 20, 2016, 11:02:19 AM »

Alright Young Warriors we will see how allyuh could handle pressure in a must win game. This game will tell us a lot about allyuh mental strength.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: September 20, 2016, 11:28:02 AM »
Young Boyz look to seal deal against T&T in decisive game
By Sean Williams (Jamaica Observer)

With Trinidad and Tobago’s inspired fightback from 0-2 down to eventually defeat Bermuda 3-2 at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday night, it would make perfect sense for Jamaica to sit up and take stock.

In the final set of matches in Group A of the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Under-17 Finals slated for today, Jamaica’s Young Reggae Boyz meet hosts Trinidad and Tobago in a decisive contest at 7:30 pm (6:30 pm Jamaica time).

In the other contest, Haiti open the double bill at the Ato Boldon Stadium against eliminated Bermuda at 5:00 pm (4:00 pm Jamaica time).

A draw for Jamaica (four points) and Haiti (four) will see them moving into the semi-finals on Friday and a place in the CONCACAF Championship set for Panama City next year.

rinidad have three points and Bermuda are yet to get off the mark.

Jamaica’s Young Boyz had defeated Bermuda in their opening game 6-2.

Having opened their account in a demoralising 0-2 loss to pesky Haiti on Friday, the Young Soca Warriors, spurred on by their home support, bounced back on Sunday to reignite their fading campaign, demonstrating fight and determination, characteristics Jamaica need to watch out for.

With that sensational win, Trinidad will no doubt go into today’s game with their tails in the air, confident that they can deliver another show-stopper.

In the other game of the night on Sunday, Jamaica and Haiti slugged it out for a 0-0 result, an encounter that left a number of players on both sides banged up. Of the casualties of war, Haiti seemed to have suffered the greatest loss.

Apart from losing Iverson Basquin to the red card route, they were forced to replace midfielder Marc-Michel Martine, who suffered a broken nose and had to be treated at hospital in Port of Spain, Trinidad’s capital.

But the Young Boyz coach Andrew Edwards, though showing faith in his players to come out victorious today, is aware of the potential danger.

“The situation for us is very dangerous as we know a point is good enough to take us to the semi-finals and the CONCACAF stage, but for Trinidad they need to win to be certain and that makes it very dangerous because they are desperate,” he told the Jamaica Observer.

“It’s going to be a challenge, we know, as we expect those parts of the stadium that will be open to be filled. It showed in the game yesterday (Sunday) that they have fighting spirit, however, I believe that our quality is much better and that our game is superior,” Edwards said.

The Jamaica boss appeared confident that once his team plays to plan, victory should be on the cards.

“I think if we play well and play to our plan, we should come away with a victory and a comfortable one at that. But at the end of the day football is played on the field and we don’t know how the boys are going to react to a full and vociferous stadium,” Edwards explained.

In an early morning training session yesterday at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella, the players were taken through rigorous tactical drills that were aimed at mimicking real match situations.

Edwards was pleased the players soaked it all up and now hopes that they will be able to execute come match day.

“I think we have worked our plan in training this morning (yesterday), so it’s just about executing come game time.

“I think the session went really well; you are never going to get perfection, but what’s important is that the players have the basic ideas down of what we are trying to do and I thought they responded very well to that,” noted Edwards.

In yesterday’s training session, three players — Kaheem Parris, Nickque Daley and Cobi Atkinson — were rested with niggling knocks sustained in the Haiti bruiser.

While those three are expected to recover fully for the match, the towering and languid central defender Jamoi Topey.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #568 on: September 20, 2016, 11:36:36 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2qPUu6SxmPw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2qPUu6SxmPw</a>

The Jamaican supporters seem very cocky/confident. Hada remind them we're home and pour some salt on their wounds  :devil:

of course dey confident, is advantage jamaica-> they don't loose they qualify-we have to win, we have to attack dem and we suspect on d counter....all d pressure on we
I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: September 20, 2016, 12:27:22 PM »
“I think if we play well and play to our plan, we should come away with a victory and a comfortable one at that.

Locker room material that.

Not that the team should need any extra incentive
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

1]; } ?>