April 23, 2024, 10:27:55 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 90813 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: A BITTER TASTE - U-17 team.
« Reply #420 on: April 19, 2013, 07:32:15 PM »
Exciting 3rd place game Canada v Honduras, going to PKs after extra time...I wonder if we TnT coaches and players following up and watching these games?

Just a thought.

Fyzo, you have a link?

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: April 19, 2013, 08:08:57 PM »
Nah I doing it on Fox Soccer right now...sorry
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: April 19, 2013, 08:12:57 PM »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: April 19, 2013, 08:15:12 PM »
... opportunistic goal by Panama. The cousins are ahead 1-0.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2013 CONCACAF U-17 Men's Championship Thread
« Reply #425 on: April 19, 2013, 08:51:48 PM »
Dely Valdes could teach Shabazz a thing or two about the use of vertical passes. Pressha!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Men's U-17 Thread
« Reply #426 on: September 09, 2016, 02:36:53 PM »
Latapy gets the national U-17 team ready for the 2016 Caribbean Men’s U-17 Championship
TTFA Media

On the job for just under a month, former Trinidad and Tobago football maestro Russell Latapy is working feverishly with the National Under 17 Men’s Team to get them fully ready for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union Final Round of Under 17 World Cup qualifiers which takes place in this country from September 16th-25th.

Latapy’s first assignment will be a clash with Haiti at the Ato Boldon Stadium on September 16th at 7:30pm. T&T then faces Bermuda on September 18th at 630pm and they finish the group with a Caribbean derby against Jamaica on September 20th at 7:30pm. All games take place at the Ato Boldon Stadium. There are double headers on each day. Group B matches involving Curacao, Cuba, Suriname and Guadeloupe will be played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

Lately pointed out that while there has been steady progress so far, there is still some fine tuning to be done before the opening match.

“I’ve been in charge of the team there going on four weeks along with the rest of the staff. I’m very impressed with the standard of the players in the team. We have good players especially for their age and a lot of them are showing maturity beyond their age but there is a lot of work to do in terms of our organisational aspect of the game set pieces for and against, our positional sense and game awareness. But I am quite happy with the progress so far and with the players and their commitment to training and the effort of moving forward,” Latapy told TTFA Media.

He spoke of some of the immediate areas that needed attention within the 20-man squad.

“One of the important things that I had to do was get the level of fitness up. That was a tricky area because we are close to competition and while we needed to get them fit,they cannot be overworked because the recovery time is very short,” he said.

“One of the other principle areas I have been working on is game awareness and where they play in relation to the ball. At that age group we have in 20 players, we have seven or eight players that are mature beyond their age but then you have another 12 or 13 players who are getting their slowly or surely but tend to chase the ball about a bit, ball watching just keep following the ball and not seeing what is happening with the player they are marking in a defensive role and the ball. I have been working a lot on this and the tactical side of the game. Their technical ability is well on par for their age group,” Latapy explained.

Playing at home is something the ex-Porto FC player emphasized would be a key factor for the way his team approaches the matches.

“We are playing at home and we are Trinidad and Tobago. considered one of the giants in the English-speaking Caribbean. We are going to try and get back to the football we know we can play here which is offensive football, we gonna get the ball down, pass it around and we want to try and win games. With all respect to the other teams we are playing at home and we are going to go forward, try to win the game and entertain the fans and get the crowds back filling our stadiums.”

Lastly, Latapy commented on the support show by Dwight Yorke on Monday when the former Manchester United forward join the team for a training session at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

“We invited Dwight to one of our sessions for various reasons. Dwight is still very fit and he is also one of the players that most young players if not all in this country look up to. He was able to come in and do a session with the strikers, have a word with the team and share his views on our football and what is needed to do to achieve success.

“He emphasised on how hard they need to keep working. And hopefully him being in will give the whole team a lift and that was the whole idea behind it. He was still able to show them which runs to make and how to put the ball into the net. Dwight is a very positive influence on our football and on a lot of young lives. Just having him in there and playing a little scrimmage where they can go and say well yea I passed the ball to Dwight or I got a pass from Dwight that sort of stuff just gives them a lift before we go into this tournament and shows them what is possible for them to achieve with hard work.

“I want to thank Dwight for coming in and I would definitely invite him again to be part of our training session because the young players loved it. You could see them buzzing and speaking to each other about it and it’s the kind of positive influence we always want around any national team,” Latapy added.

T&T will face Haiti in their opening match at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7:30pm on September 16th with Jamaica facing Bermuda from 5pm in the first game of the double header. T&T also faces Bermuda on September 18th at 6:30pm and Jamaica on September 20th at 7:30pm.

All Group A games will be played at the Ato Boldon Stadium with Group B games including Curacao, Cuba, Guadeloupe and Suriname being played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The top five teams from the tournament will advance to the CONCACAF Final round in Panama City next April towards the 2017 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in India.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 07:20:00 PM by Tallman »
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-17s get finishing lessons from Dwight Yorke
« Reply #427 on: September 09, 2016, 02:42:00 PM »
U-17s get finishing lessons from Dwight Yorke
TTFA Media

As this country’s National Under 17 men stepped up their preparations this week for the upcoming Caribbean Football Union Final Round of World Cup qualifiers, captain John-Paul Rochford and his teammates had the distinct honour of being joined on the training pitch by former Manchester United star and ex-National Team captain Dwight Yorke on Monday at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

With Latapy taking charge of the team just under a month ago, the “Little Magician” invited the former Aston Villa man to take part in the session and Yorke was a big attraction, passing on his words of football wisdom to the youngsters and engaging in a session on finishing with the forwards.

Yorke later spoke about this short time on the pitch with the members of the team, tipping them to progress in the tournament while also crediting the TTFA for bringing Latapy on board its national youth teams programme.

“I think the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association has obviously done a great thing in introducing Russell back into the system.I think his experience and passion for country is immense. He has given thirty years of service to the country and I think Trinidad and Tobago will benefit from his experience. He is a huge name in our country I think he is somebody that the youths will understand and look up to in a very positive way,” Yorke told TTFA Media on Thursday.

“It was a great pleasure to get the opportunity to work alongside Russell even if it was only for a couple of hours. Th fact that I worked with the strikers looking at the young talent that is coming through to see where our football is is something that is always positive. I like what I’ve been seeing of the senior team in terms of the young players coming through. I think that Trinidad and Tobago football is in a very good place at the moment. It’s to capitalise on these good moments and not go backwards as we’ve done in previous years. Let’s hope that it continues to grow,” Yorke said.

The former Sunderland and Birmingham City player noted though that Latapy has only been at the helm for a short period, therefore there should not be too much pressure on the young outfit.

“Certainly where Russell is concerned, it’s going to be difficult for him and the tea, to win the tournament. I don’t think that people should get too carried away with the fact that he is in charge and everything is all honky dory. There is a lot of work yet to be done with that youth system and we need to remember he’s only taken over the team for two weeks to try and turn things around. I think that people who will come out and support the young boys will see positive changes but whether he has had enough time to turn things around and to implement his system, I think it’s too short of a time but nevertheless I think he ’s been doing a great job and getting the best out of the kids and that has to be a positive effect,” Yorke said.

Latapy also spoke on the influence of Yorke and the impression he would have left on the young players.

“We invited Dwight to one of our sessions for various reasons. Dwight is still very fit and he is also one of the players that most young players if not all in this country look up to. He was able to come in and do a session with the strikers, have a word with the team and share his views on our football and what is needed to do to achieve success.

“He emphasised on how hard they need to keep working. And hopefully him being in will give the whole team a lift and that was the whole idea behind it. He was still able to show them which runs to make and how to put the ball into the net. Dwight is a very positive influence on our football and on a lot of young lives. Just having him in there and playing a little scrimmage where they can go and say well yea I passed the ball to Dwight or I got a pass from Dwight that sort of stuff just gives them a lift before we go into this tournament and shows them what is possible for them to achieve with hard work.

“We want to thank Dwight for coming in and I would definitely invite him again to be part of our training session because the young players loved it. You could see them buzzing and speaking to each other about it and it’s the kind of positive influence we always want around any national team,” Latapy added.
T&T will face Haiti in their opening match at the Ato Boldon Stadium from 7:30pm on September 16th with Jamaica facing Bermuda from 5pm in the first game of the double header. T&T also faces Bermuda on September 18th at 6:30pm and Jamaica on September 20th at 7:30pm.

All Group A games will be played at the Ato Boldon Stadium with Group B games including Curacao, Cuba, Guadeloupe and Suriname being played at the Hasely Crawford Stadium. The top five teams from the tournament will advance to the CONCACAF Final round in Panama City next April towards the 2017 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in India.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-17 Championship Thread
« Reply #429 on: September 11, 2016, 05:55:06 PM »
why we playing in Ato ??..and the other group in The National Stadium ??
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Dom Rep and Martinique ??
« Reply #430 on: September 11, 2016, 06:13:01 PM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/rvbZG_zc0fo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/rvbZG_zc0fo</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: September 12, 2016, 06:32:28 AM »
Carlos Valderrama playing for T&T U17 now

:devil:

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: September 12, 2016, 08:14:17 AM »
Unfortunately the coach did not get enough time and quality opposition to prepare our youth Warriors but this is still a Caribbean tournament and all these Caribbean teams are also unprepared, so T&T should still win this tournament at home.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: September 12, 2016, 09:09:14 AM »
why we playing in Ato ??..and the other group in The National Stadium ??

They trying to accomodate me? Good reason as any.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: September 12, 2016, 10:35:30 AM »
Unfortunately the coach did not get enough time and quality opposition to prepare our youth Warriors but this is still a Caribbean tournament and all these Caribbean teams are also unprepared, so T&T should still win this tournament at home.
Sando

Ah hope so but all these teams played Group stage giving them an advantage. I understand that Jamaica and Bermuda are well prepared, do not know for Haiti.

By taking Hudson from the U20's, it shows they really not prepared. Really hoping for the best as we have qualified for the last two CONCACAF's

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: September 12, 2016, 11:36:58 AM »
Sando

Ah hope so but all these teams played Group stage giving them an advantage. I understand that Jamaica and Bermuda are well prepared, do not know for Haiti.

By taking Hudson from the U20's, it shows they really not prepared. Really hoping for the best as we have qualified for the last two CONCACAF's

what have they done to be 'well prepared'?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Hudson ready to push U-17s to CONCACAF level
« Reply #436 on: September 12, 2016, 08:36:41 PM »
Hudson ready to push U-17s to CONCACAF level
TTFA Media

W Connection midfielder Isaiah Hudson is expected to be a key component in the national under 17 team for their upcoming Caribbean Football Union Under 17 Final Round of World Cup qualification which kicks off with a double header at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva.

The 16-year-old who hails from Penal is also a member of the National Under 20 team currently preparing for the CFU finals in Curacao in October and he is on the  Connection pro team roster, recently getting playing time in the CONCACAF Champions League group phase matches.

But his focus over the next two weeks will be on trying to help Russell Latapy’s team through to the CONCACAF Finals in Panama City next April.

“I am involved with a lot of teams at the moment and a lot of football is taking place but I am taking it in stride and enjoying every moment. It’s hard work all round with a lot of sessions for my club and with the national teams,” Hudson told TTFA Media.

“But this is the life of a young professional so it is something that I am not backing away from. For the tournament with the Under 17s I am really anxious because it is another chance for me to do well in this age group. And it is important for the team to move forward and go onto to the CONCACAF level.

“I am very fortunate to have played at the CONCACAF level already and my recent experiences in the CONCACAF Champions League has definitely opened my eyes up and showing me what is necessary to make the step up. And it will be important for most if not all the local players to get a taste of football at the CONCACAF level whether it be for the Under 17s, the Under 20s or at the club level,” Hudson said.

“It will be important for us to start well on Friday against Haiti. The players will be giving their all and trying our best to do what the coaches wants of us. And a good win will give us that level of confidence we will need for the remainder of the tournament. The first thing will be to get out of the group and qualify for CONCACAF,” he added.

On the opportunity to be coached by Latapy and assistant coach Reynold Carrington, the Naparima College player said such privileges spur him on every time he steps on the training pitch.

“As young players we are very fortunate to have the chance to train under coaches like Russell Latapy and Reynold Carrington. I am very excited about learning a few things from him (Latapy) and while we are always picking things up on the training field, it will be crucial for us to follow  his instructions on game days. This is all part of the player development that will be important for us as players going forward and I am really happy that the TTFA has given us  this opportunity,” Hudson added.

Tickets for the Group phase matches will go on sale at Lotto Locations nationwide from Wednesday priced at $30 (adults), $15 (children) and kids under age 5 are free. Tickets will also available at the match venue on game days only.

Latapy’s team entered a live-in training camp at Cara Suites Hotel on Monday and engaged in a late evening training session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: September 13, 2016, 08:01:46 AM »
I wonder if samory powder of nyrb academy     and  the player  at watford fc academy still interested ??
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: September 13, 2016, 05:44:58 PM »
WATCH: Latapy confident as U-17 squad takes on Haiti on Friday
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/otdfBxMNfnQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/otdfBxMNfnQ</a>

WATCH: U-17 Head Coach Russell Latapy and midfielder Luke Singh look ahead to their match against Haiti on Friday

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/h6HXpTpVso4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/h6HXpTpVso4</a>
« Last Edit: September 13, 2016, 05:58:33 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-17 footballers declared medically fit ahead of CFU qualifiers
« Reply #439 on: September 13, 2016, 06:36:21 PM »
TTFA Media

Members of this country’s 22-man National Under 17 Men’s team underwent a full range of medical tests and were all passed fit ahead of their upcoming assignment at the Caribbean Football Union Under 17 Men’s Finals starting at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday.

The players, under Russell Latapy’s watch, were present at the HealthNet Clinic at South Coast building in San Fernando last week where they were medically examined, undergoing a full range of diagnostic tests on their heart, lung function, vision and blood tests for metabolic function.

HealthNet CaribbeanCEO Richard Ramrekha stated : “A full report on each player was prepared and will serve as a baseline medical. And each year the same procedures will be carried out so as to monitor and track any changes as they progress into the Under 20 and Senior teams. We are pleased to announce that a proper medical surveillance programme is now in effect for our National Under 17 team.”

Health net is currently engaged in a four-year partnership with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association to oversee all of its national teams.

Latapy was impressed with the programme, stating the importance something of the nature for the  players.

“I was impressed by the way things were handled and the fact that each one of my players were able to get properly checked out is something I think is very important. It gives myself and my staff that assurance that our players are healthy and can take on the rigours of training and representing the country,” Latapy told TTFA Media. “I’m happy that the association has this kind of arrangement in place. I think this is an important aspect of our preparations for all our national teams and I’m looking forward to continuing this kind of process as we move forward.”

Latapy meantime, saw his U-17 team score a late goal to defeat the National Under 20 Men’s Team 2-1 in an 80-minute practice match at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Monday evening in their final warm-up match before the competition kicks off on Friday.

“I was pretty much satisfied with the way the team handled the match. Obviously the Under 20s have been undergoing a certain level of preparation for some time and they have already played in a competition, so it was good to see how our boys managed the game. We still have a few things to work on but generally again I would say that we are getting there and the players have responded very well to the preparations so far,” Latapy said.

T&T faces Haiti from 7:30pm on Friday with Bermuda taking on Jamaica from 5pm. Tickets priced at $30 (adults), $15 (Children) can be purchased at Lotto Locations nationwide from September 19th and at the match venues on game days only for all matches. Kids Under age 5 are free.

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: September 14, 2016, 01:47:23 AM »
Is the U17 going to be televised? Are there any links?

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: September 14, 2016, 04:12:04 AM »
I wonder if samory powder of nyrb academy     and  the player  at watford fc academy still interested ??

Sure them and many more would be interested if team qualifies for CONCACAF

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: U-17 footballers declared medically fit ahead of CFU qualifiers
« Reply #442 on: September 14, 2016, 04:41:58 AM »
TTFA Media

Members of this country’s 22-man National Under 17 Men’s team underwent a full range of medical tests and were all passed fit ahead of their upcoming assignment at the Caribbean Football Union Under 17 Men’s Finals starting at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Friday.

The players, under Russell Latapy’s watch, were present at the HealthNet Clinic at South Coast building in San Fernando last week where they were medically examined, undergoing a full range of diagnostic tests on their heart, lung function, vision and blood tests for metabolic function.

HealthNet CaribbeanCEO Richard Ramrekha stated : “A full report on each player was prepared and will serve as a baseline medical. And each year the same procedures will be carried out so as to monitor and track any changes as they progress into the Under 20 and Senior teams. We are pleased to announce that a proper medical surveillance programme is now in effect for our National Under 17 team.”

Health net is currently engaged in a four-year partnership with the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association to oversee all of its national teams.

Latapy was impressed with the programme, stating the importance something of the nature for the  players.

“I was impressed by the way things were handled and the fact that each one of my players were able to get properly checked out is something I think is very important. It gives myself and my staff that assurance that our players are healthy and can take on the rigours of training and representing the country,” Latapy told TTFA Media. “I’m happy that the association has this kind of arrangement in place. I think this is an important aspect of our preparations for all our national teams and I’m looking forward to continuing this kind of process as we move forward.”

Latapy meantime, saw his U-17 team score a late goal to defeat the National Under 20 Men’s Team 2-1 in an 80-minute practice match at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Monday evening in their final warm-up match before the competition kicks off on Friday.

“I was pretty much satisfied with the way the team handled the match. Obviously the Under 20s have been undergoing a certain level of preparation for some time and they have already played in a competition, so it was good to see how our boys managed the game. We still have a few things to work on but generally again I would say that we are getting there and the players have responded very well to the preparations so far,” Latapy said.

T&T faces Haiti from 7:30pm on Friday with Bermuda taking on Jamaica from 5pm. Tickets priced at $30 (adults), $15 (Children) can be purchased at Lotto Locations nationwide from September 19th and at the match venues on game days only for all matches. Kids Under age 5 are free.

It would be good to know if they are doing baseline concussion testing as well

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: September 14, 2016, 05:37:04 AM »
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2UeoUqz5j9M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2UeoUqz5j9M</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: September 14, 2016, 06:42:59 AM »
U-17 Boyz head to T&T upbeat despite less than ideal preparation
By Sean A. Williams (Jamaica Observer)

As Jamaica’s Under-17 Reggae Boyz head off to Trinidad and Tobago today for the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) finals, their coach Andrew Edwards has expressed mixed feelings on the preparation going into tournament.

“I don’t think that our preparation was as good as we would have liked for the simple reason that we didn’t have all the players travelling with the team with us throughout the preparation phase, especially those based overseas… that kind of mitigated the type of work we wanted to do,” he told the Jamaica Observer yesterday.

Conversely, Edwards was pleased with some other key aspects of the pre-tournament preparation.

“I thought that we have had a good preparation physically, and in that regard the team is in a good place. Tactically, we have been able to improve our pressing game and our end game, which is play in the final third.

“I think in that area (attacking third) our organisation and communication have got better, which is where we really wanted to go, so we are excited and upbeat despite the challenges and we are now looking forward to an excellent tournament,” he noted.

Edwards expressed that whenever the overseas-based players are able to join the camp, their attitude and conditioning have been first-rate.

“For those overseas, they have come into the camp in good physical conditioning, and tactically it is also obvious that they have grown up, and we are happy with that,” he noted.

Edwards, who coaches Manchester High School in the rural area daCosta Cup competition, said he has been inspired by a growing sense of commitment by the players, some of whom had earlier not shown “100 per cent focus” to the mission.

“Generally we have to credit these boys for the attitude they have as they have proven to be very committed youngsters… they seem to be very close-knit and their response to training and instruction has been good for the majority of times,” said Edwards.

“Kendall Edwards has to come in for special mention as he landed Friday afternoon and came straight from the airport to the game at GC Foster College and played the entire second half without any hiccups, and that is the kind of commitment that excites,” the coach beamed.

Earlier in the recent camp, Edwards had told the Observer that he had picked up on a sense of distraction of the local-based players, some of whom appeared absorbed by their passion for school on the eve of kick-off to the schoolboy football season.

Edwards said he has found that the affected players’ appeared split in commitment and loyalty which was not all their fault.

“A big part of it is not the youngsters themselves, but moreso the coaches and managers in the respective schools who seem to have little regard for the national programme, and as a consequence they bring extreme pressure on the youngsters.

“And, of course, a lot of these schools, especially those vying for championships, tend to bear a lot of gifts for the youngsters in one manner or another, and as a consequence, the youngsters feel a sense of loyalty to them,” said the schoolteacher.

In two games leading up to today’s departure, the team’s head coach stated that his charges have demonstrated an aptitude to interpret tactics and general instructions, which for him is a good sign going forward.

In the first practice match, the Young Boyz lost against Harbour View’s Premier League team 2-0, and recovered to defeat GC Foster College team 2-0.

“The game against Harbour View, I thought, we gave up two crazy goals in the first half. At half-time we sat and spoke about it and we gave them some instructions, and we decided we were not going to concede another goal and I thought they responded very well to that.

“The game against GC Foster College, I thought, we worked out a very good tactical plan and I thought they worked the plan quite well, as we were able to dominate that game from start to finish and we won comfortably in the end,” Edwards explained.

Another warm-up game scheduled for the Mona Bowl against Premier League outfit UWI FC on Monday evening had to be abandoned due to poor lighting.

In Group A of the eight-team play-offs, Jamaica will open their account on Friday against Bermuda, then take on neighbours Haiti on Sunday and the hosts Trinidad next Tuesday in the September 16-25 tournament.

In Group B, Cuba, Guadeloupe, Curacao and Suriname will fight for their right for a place in the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship to be held April 21-May 7 in Panama City.

The four semi-finalists and the best fifth-placed finisher will advance to the Panama play-offs from the CFU decider.

Meanwhile, the Jamaicans have made three changes from the squad that topped Group Four of the CFU first-round in the US Virgin Islands in July.

Out are Romario McPherson, Casseam Priestley and Thriston Briscoe, while Horace Ramsay, Jamari Morrison and Nickque Daley come in.

Squad

— Daniel Russell, Kendal Edwards, Jamoi Topey, Damani Osei, Kaheem Parris, Jordan Petrekin, Renato Campbell, Blake White, Cobi Atkinson, Jeremy Verley, Chad Letts, Omar Thompson, Nickache Murray, Kimani Gibbons, Tajay Griffiths, Cal-Wayne Allen, Raewin Senior, Horace Ramsay, Jamari Morrison and Nickque Daley.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: September 14, 2016, 06:16:04 PM »
Haitian U-17 Squad

Goalkeepers
Redondo Alliance
Wilder Leonard

Defenders
Kelly Brismark Clergy
Ivenson Baskin
Corlens Etienne
Djeftey Joseph
Talson Charles
Jimmylson William
Jolicoeur Etienne

Midfielders
Anderson Berlus
Obenson Léveillé
Danley Jean Jacques
Louidon Casséus
Serge Antony Lucien

Forwards
SaintDuc Selso
Nael Welloky Elysee
Steeve Mondésir
Marc Michael Martine

Staff
James Morisette: Coach Main
Jean Paulin, Assistant Coach
Gesner Regis Junior, Physio
Vachon Keny, Equipment
Subial Pierre Richard, Press and Communication

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
T&T U-17 attacking duo eye strong start versus Haiti on Friday
« Reply #446 on: September 14, 2016, 06:39:26 PM »
T&T U-17 attacking duo eye strong start versus Haiti on Friday
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago attacking duo of Luke Singh and Nion Lammy are keeping their feet on the ground but has promised to put on a strong showing that they hope will be enough to take this country through to the CONCACAF Final round of qualification for the 2017 FIFA Under 17 World Cup in India.

T&T opens its Caribbean Football Union Final round account against Haiti on Friday from 7:30pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium and a win would be the ideal start for the Russell Latapy-coached team. But the T&T duo understands that they task will be anything but a stroll in the park.

“We know it will be a difficult tournament but coach Latapy has been doing a great job preparing us for the challenges we will face,” Singh told TTFA Media. Sporting a hairstyle similar to that of former Colombian midfielder Carlos Valderrama, Singh made his debut in the Canadian youth program at an identification camp in 2014. He plays for the Vaughan Azzurri Soccer Club in Canada.

“It’s a been a good experience playing with these boys. It’s a different atmosphere here and the players have all been helping me. Everyone’s giving tips and doing their part.  I’ve been training with the team for a year but I didn’t get nervous about the final selection when coach Latapy came in. I just continued my game and having coach Latapy work with me has given a boost to my confidence,” Singh added.

Commenting on the matches coming up, Singh expects a rough opening match against a country that traditionally poses a strong challenge.

“The fans can expect a fast pace game and we will be coming out there to give it our best. I think Haiti will also come strongly because every team wants to win on the day but I think we are prepared for it.”

Meantime, Lammy, who scored for the U17s in their 2-1 win over the T&T Under 20s on Monday evening, is aiming to lead the scoring chart.

“I want to finish as the leading scorer. My aim is to make the starting team or at least come off the bench and get among the goals. No game is going to be easy but it is all played on the field on the day. Once we work hard and stay focused then I think we have a great chance of coming away victorious in all of our matches,” added Lammy who plays for Point Fortin Civic Centre and Presentation College, San Fernando.

T&T’s fellow Group A opponents Jamaica are also banking on a good start against Bermuda from 5pm on Friday.

“Our group is Bermuda, Haiti and Trinidad and we play them in that order… the most important thing for me is to prepare for the Bermuda game and get a positive result,” said  Jamaica coach  Andrew Edwards.

“On paper, Bermuda could be considered a minnow in football in the Caribbean, therefore it is expected that we should get three points from that game,” he added.

“As it relates to the other games, we will be doing thorough scouting of Haiti and Trinidad and prepare for them as we go forward in the tournament.

“The objective is to try and get the first game out of the way successfully and try to optimise the points in the remaining games to secure our place in the CONCACAF round and once we have done that, we take everything after that as a bonus,” Edwards said.

Tickets for the group phase games are priced at $30 (adults), $15 (children) and kids under age 5 are free. Tickets will be available at the game venue on matchdays (and not at Lotto locations as previously mentioned due to technical reasons).

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
U-17 Boyz target Caribbean title, CONCACAF finals
« Reply #447 on: September 15, 2016, 05:07:30 AM »
U-17 Boyz target Caribbean title, CONCACAF finals
By Sean Williams (Jamaica Observer)

Though the ultimate goal is to qualify for the CONCACAF Championship, Jamaica’s Under-17 Reggae Boyz are eyeing the title of Caribbean champions.

In the Caribbean Football Union (CFU) finals slated for Trinidad and Tobago from September 16-25, where the top-five finishers will earn berths to the confederation’s play-offs, Jamaica are hoping to book a semi-final spot from the eight-team tournament.

Competing in Group A, the Young Boyz, who were due to arrive in the twin-island republic last evening, will start the business day against minnows Bermuda tomorrow. They will then cross swords with fierce rivals Haiti on Sunday and wrap up the preliminary phase against the hosts two days later.

Cuba, Guadeloupe, Curacoa and Suriname will do battle in Group B.

The top-two teams from each group will advance to the semi-finals, with all four, plus the fifth-place finisher, booking spots to the CONCACAF Championship slated for Panama City next April 21-May 7.

Four teams from the CONCACAF tournament will earn places to the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in India next summer.

Jamaica’s coach Andrew Edwards noted that winning the first match against Bermuda will set the tone for the campaign to book a semi-final spot from a tough group involving gigantic opposition in age-old rivals Haiti and Trinidad and Tobago.

“The first and most important goal is to make it through to the CONCACAF stage, which means we need to have a strong and positive start in the first game of the tournament against Bermuda on Friday, and then we want to try and optimise the points against the other two opponents and make it to the semi-finals of the competition,” he said.

Should Jamaica successfully navigate their way into the semi-final frame, Edwards and his Boyz want to take aim at bigger fish.

“Once we get into the semi-final stage, we will want to win the competition… this time we want to go one better, as we finished second the last time out,” he told the Jamaica Observer.

Edwards, who coaches at Jamaica’s schoolboy level with Manchester High, said a healthy competition building within his team will augur well for the ambition of being crowned Caribbean champions.

“Kaheem Parris says he wants to win the MVP award, and strikers Raewin Senior and Nickque Daley want the Golden Boot, so straight away we have strong competition within our ranks, and I think if those players achieve their individual goals, then the team goal of winning the championship is a reasonable target,” he said.

Edwards, who is a teacher by profession, noted that while the team will take the field each time with the success of the country at heart, there could also be opportunities for individuals.

“I am aware there will be a lot of scouts there in Trinidad and some of them have already been in touch with me, and we would want to bring some attention to our best players, if not all of them, and hopefully bring some opportunities on the table that can be seriously considered for their own future,” he reasoned.

Jamaica, having qualified for the Under-17 World Cup of New Zealand in 1999 and Mexico in 2011, are in the hunt for a third successful campaign.

Squad — Daniel Russell, Kendal Edwards, Jamoi Topey, Damani Osei, Kaheem Parris, Jordan Petrekin, Renato Campbell, Blake White, Cobi Atkinson, Jeremy Verley, Chad Letts, Omar Thompson, Nickache Murray, Kimani Gibbons, Tajay Griffiths, Cal-Wayne Allen, Raewin Senior, Horace Ramsay, Jamari Morrison and Nickque Daley.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: September 15, 2016, 06:46:00 AM »
Anyone have a link for tomorrow?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: September 15, 2016, 03:46:25 PM »
WATCH: U-17 Head Coach Russell Latapy looks ahead to the opening CFU Qualifier against Haiti

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ucVgZRL3NA0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ucVgZRL3NA0</a>

1]; } ?>