March 28, 2024, 08:29:26 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 89775 times)

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-17 Championship Thread
« Reply #450 on: September 15, 2016, 08:04:33 PM »
Is the U17 going to be televised? Are there any links?

Good luck with dat, it done hard as it is getting televised games when the Senior teams playing far less the youths... ::) Best bet probably radio I95.5fm

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: September 15, 2016, 08:15:17 PM »
hahasports.net usually have all games but sometimes the guys on this site have even better links. Thus I ask.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: September 15, 2016, 09:56:01 PM »

Latapy Looks Forward To Under 17 Opening Against Haiti

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Fxj0O4BRv1o&amp;spfreload=10" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/Fxj0O4BRv1o&amp;spfreload=10</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #453 on: September 16, 2016, 03:05:55 AM »
Under 17s start their qualification quest.
TTFA Media.

This country’s National Under 17 Men’s Team will be taking the competitive international stage with the intentions of launching long, successful careers on the football pitch when they enter the field for tonight’s opening fixture against Haiti in the Caribbean Football Union Under 17s Final Round.

For the majority of the squad with the exception of W Connection midfielder Isaiah Hudson and captain John-Paul Rochford, the occasion will be their first at the international level. It is a similar stage that launched the careers of players like Kevin Molino, Sheldon Bateau, Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy and many others.

And Latapy hopes this is the beginning of a new chapter in their careers.

“This certainly is a big point in their careers. I remember when I was coming up into the system, of course back then we were playing at the under 12 level but when we entered competition for the Under 17s and the Under 20s, it was a very exciting period for us as players. It was what he had dreamt of and worked towards and it will hopefully be the same for these players today.

These are the future players that will represent us going forward for the future national teams right into the senior team. And from what I have seen, there is a lot of talent around that needs to be nurtured and this is what we are doing at the moment,” Latapy said.

“Yes the game is about winning and we are here to complete a job which is to qualify for the next round but we are also concentrating on developing these young men to be ambassadors for the country and to prepare them for the life ahead both on and off the football field. For me it’s a critical but also exciting stage in the whole process and I am very keen to see how the players go through this,” Latapy added.

T&T had a final training session at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium main field on Thursday evening while Jamaica and Bermuda trained at the Ato Boldon Stadium training field. The Haitian team was scheduled to arrive in Trinidad on Thursday evening.

T&T meets Haiti at 7:30pm and Bermuda takes on Jamaica from 5pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium. Tickets can be purchase at the venue, priced at $30 (adults), $15 (children) and kids under 5 are free.

For Interviews with Latapy and skipper John Paul Rochford and his teammates, see below.

Videos -

Latapy talks on the eve of opening CFU qualifier vs Haiti

T&T U-17 quartet look ahead to CFU Qualifiers

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #454 on: September 16, 2016, 03:07:17 AM »
Latapy bloods T&T’s next generation of stars.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

This country’s National Under 17 Men’s Team will be taking the competitive international stage with the intentions of launching long, successful careers on the football pitch when they enter the field for tonight’s opening fixture against Haiti in the Caribbean Football Union Under 17s Final Round.

For the majority of the squad with the exception of W Connection midfielder Isaiah Hudson and captain John-Paul Rochford, the occasion will be their first at the international level. It is a similar stage that launched the careers of players like Kevin Molino, Sheldon Bateau, Dwight Yorke, Russell Latapy and many others.

Latapy hopes this is the beginning of a new chapter in their careers.

“This certainly is a big point in their careers. I remember when I was coming up into the system, of course back then we were playing at the under 12 level, but when we entered competition for the Under 17s and the Under 20s, it was a very exciting period for us as players.

“These are the future players that will represent us going forward on future national teams and from what I have seen, there is a lot of talent around that needs to be nurtured and this is what we are doing at the moment,” Latapy said.

T&T meets Haiti at 7:30pm and Bermuda takes on Jamaica from 5pm at the Ato Boldon Stadium. Tickets can be purchase at the venue, priced at $30 (adults), $15 (children) and kids under 5 are free.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Young Boyz begin quest today for top honours
« Reply #455 on: September 16, 2016, 09:29:07 AM »
Young Boyz begin quest today for top honours
By Sean Williams (Jamaica Observer)

Jamaica’s Under-17 World Cup-chasing footballers will take another step in pursuit of that dream when they take on Bermuda in their Caribbean Football Union (CFU) Finals game at the Ato Boldon Stadium here today.

Kick-off is at 5:00 pm (4:00 pm Jamaica time).

In the feature of the Group A double-header, hosts Trinidad and Tobago will battle Haiti at 7:30 pm (6:30 pm Jamaica time).

On the other side of town at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Group B action will be in high gear as Cuba, Guadeloupe, Curacao and Suriname get down to business in the two-group, eight-nation play-offs.

Jamaica coach Andrew Edwards will go with his 4-3-3 formation that he used in the CFU preliminaries in the US Virgin Islands in July.

Starting in goal is Tajay Griffiths, while Kendall Edwards and Jamoi Topey will marshall the centre of defence. Completing the backline are Damani Osei (left-back) and Kiamani Gibbons.

The midfield will be led by captain Jeremy Verley, aided by Nickashe Murray and Blake White, while the three-pronged strike force is made up of Nickque Daley, Raewin Senior and Kaheem Parris.

With Haiti to come on Sunday and hosts Trinidad and Tobago next Tuesday in the remaining group matches, Edwards expects a positive start against Bermuda, who he has scouted by way of video material.

“The approach has to be very positive, stick to our plan and to be patient as well. Also, we have to be diligent with our work.

“We have scouted the team based on the three games they played in the preliminaries (in St Vincent). We realised that they don’t defend well, especially in the wide areas and their heading is quite weak, but going forward they tend to attack quickly and they definitely know how to find the back of the net and that is something we need to be mindful of,” Edwards told the

Jamaica Observer.

The coach is confident of the three points, boasting of the firepower in his arsenal.

“We are prepared and we are ready, and once we keep a clean sheet, we are not worried about the three points as we will definitely score as we have the firepower to get the ball in the back of the net,” Edwards noted.

In yesterday’s training session at the Ato Boldon training field where the team was taken through an intense tactical session, Edwards said he was pleased for the most part with the response of the players.

“Overall the response was good and we achieved the target of communicating an idea,” he said.

Jamaica captain Verley believes it’s crucial in the general scheme of things to get the campaign off to a resounding start.

“Like we did in the first part of the qualification, we come into this tournament with goals and expectations. We are going into tomorrow’s (today’s) game to start those goals in order to complete them, and that is to go out there and put on a good show to put us on top of the group from the get-go.

“Going into the game tomorrow (today), we are ready and I know we are prepared and I know we have what it takes for us to go out there and do our best…we will be going out there to play hard and to play good football,” said the Milton Academy freshman.

Meanwhile, Bermuda coach Ray Jones is wary that today his team comes up against an awesome opposition by his own admission, but he remains positive that his players will stand brave in the face of danger.

“Our expectation for each game is to have a positive outcome, but realistically Jamaica have more experience in these competitions. But we have been at it for a while and we fear no one and we will show up and give our best and hopefully the chips fall for the best,” he said shortly after guiding his charges in a training session at the Ato Boldon training pitch yesterday.

The top-five teams from the CFU Finals will book places to CONCACAF Under-17 Championship to be held April 21-May 7 in Panama City.

That would be the four semi-finalists and the best third-placed team.

Four teams from the CONCACAF tournament will earn places to the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in India next summer.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #456 on: September 16, 2016, 02:56:45 PM »
You guys looks like you have the edge today. You're at home and well rested while my boys never got a chance to train in T&T. They waited overnight unexpectedly   for their connecting fly to DR and then had a three way fly, from DR to Panama then to T&T this morning. They're playing T&T without training this evening.  Im anxious to see what they can do without training on the opponent home turf.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 03:00:28 PM by truehaitian »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: September 16, 2016, 03:34:50 PM »
true, you guys pulling off a trini from the past. Like our Olimpic team that went to Puerto Rico with about 12 players. They did not get visas from the US embassy in time.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: September 16, 2016, 04:02:39 PM »
WATCH LIVE: Caribbean U-17 Championship. Bermuda 1-4 Jamaica at half-time. Trinidad and Tobago vs Haiti kicks off at 7:30pm.
http://wisports.tv/index.php/livestream
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #459 on: September 16, 2016, 04:04:34 PM »
You guys looks like you have the edge today. You're at home and well rested while my boys never got a chance to train in T&T. They waited overnight unexpectedly   for their connecting fly to DR and then had a three way fly, from DR to Panama then to T&T this morning. They're playing T&T without training this evening.  Im anxious to see what they can do without training on the opponent home turf.
by all rights, sounds like youall good for a few..but the football is round, so I'll settle to win by two  ;D
« Last Edit: September 16, 2016, 04:10:35 PM by maxg »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: September 16, 2016, 04:06:42 PM »
WATCH LIVE: Caribbean U-17 Championship. Bermuda 1-4 Jamaica at half-time. Trinidad and Tobago vs Haiti kicks off at 7:30pm.
http://wisports.tv/index.php/livestream
thanks Tman

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #461 on: September 16, 2016, 05:02:32 PM »
good thing we build these big stadiums...place ram  ;D

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: September 16, 2016, 05:55:31 PM »
is that our culture of treating defense as a by d way ting is why we so bad at it
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: September 16, 2016, 05:59:08 PM »
dat was a foul
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: September 16, 2016, 06:05:32 PM »
dem fellas fall back to boom kick football dey need to slow it down and bring others into d play, so far ent seeing much change from when lats was with d senior team...dem fellas in panic mode it too early for dat..jus calm it dong fellas
I pity the fool....

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #465 on: September 16, 2016, 06:13:45 PM »
Nothing!! This team is playing nothing!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #466 on: September 16, 2016, 06:16:10 PM »
ah latapy
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #467 on: September 16, 2016, 06:17:16 PM »
the 2 Ls need to come off. Lammy and Luke.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #468 on: September 16, 2016, 06:19:26 PM »
hudson should be up top as the striker , kishon hacksaw is a good winger  ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #469 on: September 16, 2016, 06:20:00 PM »
samory powder  what happened to him

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #470 on: September 16, 2016, 06:26:10 PM »
Nothing about this TT team gives you any confidence,can't defend and looks disjointed in midfield,their defense falters whenever they are under attack;we are lucky to be 1 down.I'll go to bed now because I've seen enough,I still hope we can fluke a draw.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #471 on: September 16, 2016, 06:35:49 PM »
I still doh understand how dem men spend years in europe and come back coachin like yuh play all yuh life with trintoc, fellas like dey eh learn nutten
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #472 on: September 16, 2016, 06:37:37 PM »
tactics were doh know tactics and game management
I pity the fool....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #473 on: September 16, 2016, 06:38:11 PM »
Though Samory Powder was there for over 5 weeks training and excelled , they did not put him in the final 30 list thereby making him not eligible. He is back at New York Red Bulls Academy.

I heard from reliable sources the father was not pleased and had it out with team manager,  Alexandrine Elliott-Procope.  She naively tried to education father on the qualification process stating that Samory will be included in the next round. He informed her that his other son(Noah Powder) Captained the last U17 at Concacaf, is Vice Captain of U20 and he knows the process quite well and nothing is guaranteed.  She did not even know these facts.

I have not spoken to my sources but I understand the father and son are not pleased especially since many of the current team were shocked he did not make the 30.

Hope they do not piss them off and we lose Noah Powder from the U20's over foolishness.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #474 on: September 16, 2016, 06:39:10 PM »

by all rights, sounds like youall good for a few..but the football is round, so I'll settle to win by two  ;D
:-X  :frustrated:

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #475 on: September 16, 2016, 06:49:01 PM »
luke singh ... :o

Offline sub1

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #476 on: September 16, 2016, 06:51:14 PM »
Nothing about this TT team gives you any confidence,can't defend and looks disjointed in midfield,their defense falters whenever they are under attack;we are lucky to be 1 down.I'll go to bed now because I've seen enough,I still hope we can fluke a draw.

I cant watch anymore. This team is nooooo good and horribly coached. Sorry Latas, but these guys remind me only of your defensive ability.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #477 on: September 16, 2016, 06:56:46 PM »
omg 2-0

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #478 on: September 16, 2016, 07:02:35 PM »
I totally vex, I thought Hackshaw was injured that is why he did not start.  If he was not injured, the coaches need their head examined. Now you bring on Hackshaw for Hudson, when you need both of them on the field.

WTF

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #479 on: September 16, 2016, 07:03:54 PM »
luke singh-Theobald steups
I pity the fool....

1]; } ?>