April 19, 2024, 09:15:39 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 90600 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-17 Championship Thread
« Reply #480 on: September 16, 2016, 07:05:04 PM »
I totally vex, I thought Hackshaw was injured that is why he did not start.  If he was not injured, the coaches need their head examined. Now you bring on Hackshaw for Hudson, when you need both of them on the field.

WTF

the captian  is he a winger or an attacking midfield cause he is ineffective in that positions
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #481 on: September 16, 2016, 07:10:55 PM »
luke singh ... :o

Luke Singh doing well connecting most of his passes and defending but this is not his position. I watch how Ken Elie utilized him and it was not as a holding midfielder. Seems like these coaches watch his hair and think he is Valderrama so they play him in the midfield. He is a ruthless finisher with both feet, how he end up in the midfield is simply SHOCKING.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #482 on: September 16, 2016, 07:13:17 PM »
I totally vex, I thought Hackshaw was injured that is why he did not start.  If he was not injured, the coaches need their head examined. Now you bring on Hackshaw for Hudson, when you need both of them on the field.

WTF

The captain is normally a midfielder but due to his size and the Haitian physical play I think they put him on the wind. Not sure about that decision.

the captian  is he a winger or an attacking midfield cause he is ineffective in that positions

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #483 on: September 16, 2016, 07:17:36 PM »
hudson is a good striker  he play mid
hackshaw can play on the wing well
and the captain on the wing .....
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #484 on: September 16, 2016, 07:22:39 PM »
luke singh chasing shadows

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #485 on: September 16, 2016, 07:30:40 PM »
I giving Latapy the benefit of the doubt, he just did not have enough time with the boys to know them and properly position them. He probably did not have access to Ken Elie, the brains of the previous staff so he may have had to rely on the clueless remaining coaches and administration.

Hopefully, Latapy can recharge the boys for a rebound against Bermuda. This is our only chance to win a game with a hope of a draw with extreme defensive park the BUS tactics against Jamaica for a lucky 3rd place finish to advance to CONCACAF. If not we DONE!

Please send prayers

Do not blame Latapy, this is a TTFA hire a coach 30 days before the tournament mistake

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #486 on: September 16, 2016, 07:32:15 PM »
No Tobago players on a Trinidad AND Tobago team but we have foreigners. Great result congrats Haiti

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #487 on: September 16, 2016, 07:56:55 PM »
well there is a saying, not because a player was great means he will be a great coach

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #488 on: September 16, 2016, 07:59:19 PM »

I was telling Asylumseeker the other day in here how slow the SSFL league iz at the moment and the players at playing very slow and it shows itself on the national u-17 team, then we wonder why our youth splay so slow and lack the fundamentals just look at the low quality in the SSFl. Let me go and find the comment now

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #489 on: September 16, 2016, 08:00:43 PM »

Oh look the comment right here, I posted this long before this game.

I know some will tell me I am being to hard and expecting too much from the youths but I still believe the quality is one which is too slow in our school boy league. It should be faster, and it reflects on how our National U-17 team play with the same slow brand of football.

Yes even at this level it should be faster, schoolboy football in the top footballing nations in Concacaf is a lot faster.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #490 on: September 16, 2016, 08:13:02 PM »
No Tobago players on a Trinidad AND Tobago team but we have foreigners. Great result congrats Haiti

Congrats to Haiti indeed! They got here early morning and didn't have time to train and still manage to earn the victory on the road despite being being tired..

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #491 on: September 16, 2016, 08:17:31 PM »
It's the mindset of the players in Trinidad. I know that u17 would've lost based on their attitude in the training camp.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #492 on: September 17, 2016, 12:42:11 AM »

I was telling Asylumseeker the other day in here how slow the SSFL league iz at the moment and the players at playing very slow and it shows itself on the national u-17 team, then we wonder why our youth splay so slow and lack the fundamentals just look at the low quality in the SSFl. Let me go and find the comment now

ssfl may be a poor quality league, but most players there just want be be celebrated/supported by their peers and community. you only get that community support in ssfl, eddie hart, etc, maybe superleague.  almost nobody comes out for pro-league games. that is partially why a lot of pro-leage players, including key members of our national teams were/are risking everything playing in various amature and small goal tournaments.

a profession league match is supposed to be the marquee event of local football. but nobody comes anymore. even when we host big name sides like LA Galaxy the only people in the stadium is nutsman listening to the echo of their own voice. everyone knows the pl needs to resolve its disconnect from the communities and expand fan bases. we have the best teams in the CFU, so why is there almost no is the support? who is responsible for this failure? the schoolboys? the local professionals?

its the same people who could not be bothered to arrange a single international game for the U17s prior a major qualifier, who fire the coach a month before said qualifier, and who continue to carry on as normal without a second of thought reimagining the relationship between schoolboy and professional football. Even Latapy in a recent interview said we used to have national teams at U13 level playing international matches when he was staring his caereer.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #493 on: September 17, 2016, 03:31:53 AM »
I still doh understand how dem men spend years in europe and come back coachin like yuh play all yuh life with trintoc, fellas like dey eh learn nutten
You are 100% correct,I wonder what kind of knowledge Latapy imparts to his players,I get the feeling he tells his players,"look boys,allyuh jess go out deh and play".Let me also add what I thought his half time talk would be,"doh bodda too much,equalizer soon come".

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #494 on: September 17, 2016, 05:04:27 AM »

We seem to have this conversation periodically. Seen it for myself. In a national final.

Who is wondering? Name the things that Trinbagonians do quickly. Ah not just talking football.

The Germans say they emphasize accuracy over speed ... meaning speed should not compromise accuracy. How do we stack up in the accuracy department even if/when we are slow?

Do we get both wrong or both right? One right, one wrong?

By the way, what is the mission and purpose of the SSFL? Why do I keep getting the sense from you that the SSFL holds a secret player development mandate that we didn't get the memo on?

Remind Darryl Smith. He seems to think the SSFL developed Levi Garcia. I wonder if Patrick Viera left Trinidad & Tobago with a clear view of reality.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:35:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #495 on: September 17, 2016, 05:14:49 AM »
I still doh understand how dem men spend years in europe and come back coachin like yuh play all yuh life with trintoc, fellas like dey eh learn nutten

This by itself is a Memorable Quote thread candidate. My sole issue is: Ah just doh know whether it is fair to Latas.

(Still, we could stick it in the piggybank for withdrawal later. Maybe much later withdrawal because we are dry on players spending years in Europe. The norm seems to be a 10 days in Finland).
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 05:19:34 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: September 17, 2016, 05:45:58 AM »
Saw bits of his sessions on video, although it is unfair to completely judge based on that.....the seeming lack of organization in the way the drills were being run didn't inspire mih with confidence, if I was ah coach, upping d speed of play and positional awareness would be my first port of call on d training ground. Yeah is only ah month, but considering dat his training regimen didn' seem much altered from his time with d seniors re: intensity. And from d game itself didn' see anyting resembling real tactical adjustment especially when we went down.

Again given d time he had with this team.....d best approach would be to build from the back and train for speed

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: September 17, 2016, 06:00:14 AM »
truehaitian, where yuh? PLEASE help us understand what your coach was conveying in the post-match press conference... because in 2016 CFU just perpetrated a fraud on us all. That! was diabolical!!!

EDIT: @2:09 he refers to T&T as a good team. A bit later he says emphatically that T&T is a great team. I didn't get the sense that he was being diplomatic.

« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:33:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: September 17, 2016, 06:11:32 AM »
WATCH Post-match reaction of Haiti U17 Head Coach, James Morisset, following the opening match  versus Trinidad & Tobago.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/a54WojA_YMc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/a54WojA_YMc</a>
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:25:04 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: September 17, 2016, 06:13:13 AM »
WATCH Post-match reaction of Trinidad & Tobago U17 Head Coach, Russell Latapy, following the opener versus Haiti.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/9OhrQ6HBwbk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/9OhrQ6HBwbk</a>
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:23:24 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: September 17, 2016, 06:29:42 AM »
How u suppose to judge these fellas game readiness and understanding without at least ah scrimmage or 2 at d very least? Dat doh make sense.

I pity the fool....

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: September 17, 2016, 06:34:16 AM »
How u suppose to judge these fellas game readiness and understanding without at least ah scrimmage or 2 at d very least? Dat doh make sense.

Behave yuhself.  :)

Definitely a comment likely to be dissected.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 06:37:59 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: September 17, 2016, 06:49:42 AM »

Behave yuhself.  :)

Definitely a comment likely to be dissected.

LOL I woulda never say dat...at least in public...what about match fitness.....wondering if dey even ran 11 v 11 drills, didn't note any in d videos I see.
I pity the fool....

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: September 17, 2016, 07:14:46 AM »

They did play the U20's winning 2-1. Does that count?

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: September 17, 2016, 07:20:23 AM »
Of course it counts, if they did but it obvious dat one game ent enough, especially where d level is more or less d same den yuh play more or as much as u can, in game is where u see d issues, provided u can see them.

I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: September 17, 2016, 08:08:25 AM »
Parris hits brace as Young Boyz whip Bermuda 6-2
By Sean Williams (Jamaica Observer)

Jamaica’s Under-17 Reggae Boyz made a winning start in a patchy display, but it was sufficient in the end to brush aside Caribbean minnows Bermuda 6-2 in their opening game of Group A in Caribbean Football Union (CFU) men’s World Cup qualifying tournament at the Ato Boldon Stadium yesterday.

The Jamaican display, while workmanlike in nature, was not as polished as it ought to have been, as their control of the game faded in and out, resulting in them conceding goals, which was never part of the plan.

Still, the margin of victory was comfortable.

For Jamaica, Kaheem Parris led the scoring with a brace (17th-penalty, 72nd), followed by one each from Raewin Senior (fifth), Kendall Edwards (37th), Nickque Daley (42nd) and a Keishon Bean own goal (90th).

Bermuda’s goals were scored by Rahzir Smith-Jones (30th minute) and Tokia Russell (80th).

In the other game of the double-header yesterday, Haiti defeated Trinidad and Tobago 2-0.

Jamaica’s next game will be against Haiti tomorrow, while hosts Trinidad and Tobago take on Bermuda.

In yesterday’s match, Bermuda threatened as early as the second minute when Jaquari Paynter timed his run, latching onto a perfectly weighted ball from midfield, but the Jamaica goalkeeper Tajay Griffiths was down early to smother the danger.

But in their first real attack of the game, the young Reggae Boyz broke the deadlock when the crafty Parris cleverly scooped the ball over the heads of the Bermudan defenders to find a wide open Raewin Senior. In textbook fashion, Senior controlled and fired home low with the left boot, beating Quinaceo Hunt to his left.

Jamaica doubled their tally in the 17th minute from the penalty spot. Parris, who responded appropriately to a defence-splitting pass down the right from Kimani Gibbons, was cut down in the box as he prepared to unleash.

Trinidadian referee Rodphin Harris, with little option, pointed to the penalty spot. Parris, voted man of the match, quickly got to his feet and made no mistake from the 12-yard mark.

The Boyz could have made it 3-0 in the 24th minute, but Blake White’s effort from a sublime cutback by Parris was tame from 12 yards.

Bermuda, after serving notice of their potential as an attacking threat earlier on, confirmed it in the 30th minute when Rahzir Smith-Jones benefited from Jamaica’s indecisive defensive response by beating Griffiths with a low shot from inside the 18-yard box.

The Boyz responded seven minutes later in a combination of the central defenders who had come forward for a corner. From Coby Atkinson’s left-sided in-swinger, Jamoi Topey headed down for Kendall Edwards to blast home from six yards to make it 3-1.

After a spell of probing, Jamaica went further ahead in the 42nd minute when Nickque Daley expertly finished off Jeremy Verley’s searching pass.

In the 63rd minute Jamaica got a rare second-half glimpse at goal when Daley glided in from the right side to crack a left-footed shot, but the Bermudan goalie conjured up a reaction save, diving to his right.

Parris, who kept the Bermudan defenders retreating all evening with his silky-smooth footwork and penetrative dribbling, made it 5-1 in the 72nd minute when he whipped a deceptive curler home from a 22-yard free kick.

When it appeared Jamaica had tightened their grip on affairs, their defence was slow to react to a Bermudan raid in the 80th minute, allowing Tokia Russell to fire into an unguarded goal after the goalkeeper and last defender were caught out.

Jamaica got a serendipitous goal in the 90th minute when Keishon Bean headed into his own goal from a corner to put the icing on the cake — the Jamaican cake.

From the eight-nation, two-group tournament, the top-five teams will book places to the CONCACAF Under-17 Championship to be held April 21-May 7 in Panama City. That would be the four semi-finalists and the best third-placed team.

Four teams from the CONCACAF tournament will earn places to the FIFA Under-17 World Cup in India next summer.

Teams:

Jamaica — Tajay Griffiths, Kendall Edwards, Jamoi Topey (Cal-Wayne Allen 80th, Damani Osei, and Kiamani Gibbons, Jeremy Verley, Nickashe Murray (Coby Atkinson 28th), Blake White, Nickque Daley (Chad Letts 69th), Raewin Senior and Kaheem Parris.

Subs not used: Daniel Russell, Renato Campbell, Omar Thompson, Horace Ramsay, Jamari Morrison, Jordan Petrekin

Booked: Topey (60th)

Bermuda — Quinaceo Hunt, Edry Moore, Bliaze Hall (T’al Williams 75th), Mateo Isaac (Tokia Russell 55th), Brandon Jones, Link Smith Jr, Keishon Bean, Jaquari Paynter (Diego Richardson 79th), Kane Crichlow, Zuhri Burgess, Rahzir Smith-Jones.

Subs not used: Lejaun Mathews, Robert Edwards, Moziah Selassie, Mical Hatdtman, Simeon Burrowes, Richard Jones.

Booked: Smith-Jones (64th)

Referee: Rodphin Harris (T&T)

Assistant Referees: Walter Rodriguez (Dom Rep), Kenroy Willis (Cayman)

Fourth Official: Tristley Bassue (St Kitts)

Match Commissioner: Romeo Kabeli (Suriname)
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: September 17, 2016, 10:08:02 AM »
So taking Latapy out the equation, no development have been taking place in T&T. From donkey years now complaint after complaint bout player not understanding basic football still rings true.

Why are our players not learning
- individual defending
- defending in small group
- defending in specific areas of the field

How about attacking
- staying connected in possession
- positional play
- counter attack vs possession/positional build up

Latapy should not be addressing these developmental issues in NT training. Latapy time should be spent on implementing his ideas on how they should approach qualification.

Having said that, Latapy did accept the job knowing exactly what comes in the bag, so now he has to hold that bag.

TTFA need a developmental plan.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: September 17, 2016, 11:03:29 AM »

We seem to have this conversation periodically. Seen it for myself. In a national final.

Who is wondering? Name the things that Trinbagonians do quickly. Ah not just talking football.

The Germans say they emphasize accuracy over speed ... meaning speed should not compromise accuracy. How do we stack up in the accuracy department even if/when we are slow?

Do we get both wrong or both right? One right, one wrong?

By the way, what is the mission and purpose of the SSFL? Why do I keep getting the sense from you that the SSFL holds a secret player development mandate that we didn't get the memo on?

Remind Darryl Smith. He seems to think the SSFL developed Levi Garcia. I wonder if Patrick Viera left Trinidad & Tobago with a clear view of reality.

Allyuh critics of the SSFL should back off. Football, sports is part of school curriculum. Their job is not to prepare student for professional football. That is the job of the professional clubs. And none of the clubs are in the position to do that. If allyuh want fast pace football, open a football school. Hire teachers, build dorms. Then fly to S. America, US and Europe for games against Santos, Bocas Jrs. NYFC, Barsa and Madrid. Then we go get fast pace football in we arse.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: September 17, 2016, 11:06:21 AM »

Oh! How we chop down our heroes so quickly!

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: September 17, 2016, 11:23:35 AM »
I will keep saying this is not Latapy fault, except he shockingly took this post under the circumstances.

His player credentials can not be challenged. However, taking this post under the circumstances with the treatment of Ken Elie and the team will result in a blow to his coaching credentials.

Since his portfolio includes youth national coach across age groups, I hope he stays away from the undefeated U20's

1]; } ?>