April 18, 2024, 07:54:32 AM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 90533 times)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2016 CFU Men's U-17 Championship Thread
« Reply #600 on: September 21, 2016, 04:44:18 AM »
I am watching the full match in this video here, and these two teams are playing so slow, giving away possession easily and no intensity. Trust me when I say it will be the same old cycle when Caribbean teams meet the better teams at the CONCACAF stage. Mex, USA, CR and Pan will beat these Caribbean teams easily just like in recent years. The Caribbean youth football is too slow and lazy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYvdZrWbz_0&spfreload=10

« Last Edit: September 21, 2016, 04:49:03 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: September 21, 2016, 05:52:34 AM »
U-17s leave it late as Prowell guides Latapy’s men past Bermuda.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s National Under 17 men’s team produced a spirited second-half display to give themselves a late lifeline as they completed a come from behind 3-2 victory over Bermuda in their second Group A contest in the Caribbean Football Union U-17 Finals at the Ato Boldon Stadium on Sunday.

The result left T&T in third spot in the table with three points behind leaders Jamaica (4pts) and Haiti (4pts) after those two countries played to a 0-0 stalemate in Sunday’s earlier encounter.

A win on Tuesday over Jamaica will assure T&T a place in next April’s CONCACAF Final qualifying round in Panama and the young “Warriors” will be looking to keep the momentum of Sunday’s two-goal comeback to push themselves ahead of the “Reggae Boyz”.

T&T head coach Russell Latapy handed the armband to frontman Jayden Prowell, opting to leave midfielder and first choice skipper John Paul Rochford on the bench. And after Bermuda seized a 2-0 first half advantage after some untidy work in the back by T&T, it appeared that T&T’s campaign was heading for a miserable ending. But Latapy pulled his troops together and they took control of proceedings after the break to produce their best bit of football in only their second international outing.

Substitute Che Benny, wearing the number 10, was introduced in the second half by Latapy and brought some stability and creativity to the T&T midfield. He pulled a goal back in the 70th minute and Prowell tied the scores to set the stage for a nerve wracking finish. Bermuda would miss an open goal in the 92nd minute and T&T would seize a lifeline with another strike in the 93rd from Prowell to spark wild celebrations among the team and supporters at the venue.

T&T faces Jamaica at 7:30pm on Tuesday at the Ato Boldon Stadium with Haiti meeting Bermuda from 5pm.

Latapy comments after the match

“I’m delighted with the first three points. We knew that after we lost the first game that we had to get three points to keep us in the competition. It was a game that we made very difficult for ourselves but the reality is that we got the three points and we are still in the competition and if we win the next match then we are through to the next round and that is all that matters now.

“There is a lot of work to do with these players. We have a very talented bunch but we keep making simple defensive errors and offensive errors and we just need time to get their minds right.

“The truth is I asked them to trust in me. I said to them at half time that I’ve got more years of professional football than they have in life. I said to them that if they trust in me then I could tell them how to win the game. A lot of the times we asked them to do things and as soon as they go over the white line they just get back into their old habits and do whatever they feel like. I said to them that the game depends on them, if they want to win it or not because if you lose this game, that  football is finish for them at this level and I am happy that they trusted in me and I am happy that we got the victory.”

T&T Starting XI – 1. Emmanuel John (GK), 2. Kerdell Sween, 4. Tyrike Andrews, 5. Jesse Williams, 7. Isaiah Hudson, 8. Jodel Brown, 9.Jaydon Prowell (capt), 11. Tyrese Bailey, 12. Jerrin Jackie, 14. Kishon Hackshaw, 16. Nickel Orr.

Head Coach: Russell Latapy

Referee: Ricangel  De Leca (Aruba)

Videos -

U-17 player Jaydon Prowell reacts after leading T&T to 3-2 win over Bermuda

Post Match Comments - Latapy reacts after 3-2 victory over Bermuda

Latapy is a f00cking kakahole.

This is de second time he turn down a friendly, first was we senior team before we had to play Costa Rica in Tobago, now de Under 17 team.

That one friendly woulda help de team, he say de team wasn't ready for de friendly, well if they not ready for a friendly, how they go be ready for the real games?

Send this man back to Scotland on de first plane, he have no sense.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: September 21, 2016, 04:47:21 PM »
Ah hope men in HCS tonight backing Cuba for a big victory....it would give us 5th place and Concacaf birth with 6 months to regroup

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
  • ...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #603 on: September 21, 2016, 05:04:39 PM »
How in the world did they place Haiti, Trinidad, and Jamaica in the same group!?!
...l'arbre de la liberte des noirs.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: September 21, 2016, 06:12:00 PM »
How in the world did they place Haiti, Trinidad, and Jamaica in the same group!?!

Quite simple. Jack Warner and Burrel no longer in charge.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: September 21, 2016, 07:40:53 PM »

Quite simple. Jack Warner and Burrel no longer in charge.

Quite simple we not the powerhouse on the field we used to be. These other countries putting money into actual 5 and 10 year development program. In the CFU U20 Jamaica went Dominican Republic and did not qualify for the finals, the Jamaican U17 team that two years ago was a penalty kick away from eliminating USA and going to the U17 World Cup did not even make it to CFU Finals in Curacao in October.

Bermuda doesn't have the population but they putting resources, Dominican Republic which was a baseball country now have a Men's Football league with 10 strong teams. We going backwards by standing still because these other places organized and putting resources though they do not have talent like us. Eventually, hard work will be talent when talent is not working hard.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: September 21, 2016, 11:56:28 PM »

and why would they not do this? I need some solid reasons why and not just assumptions

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: September 22, 2016, 02:29:31 AM »
We are too laid back and we doh like hard wuk.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: September 22, 2016, 05:00:53 AM »
WATCH: Highlights of Trinidad and Tobago U-17’s 3-2 loss to Jamaica

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ac2TVfTBJlQ" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/ac2TVfTBJlQ</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: September 22, 2016, 05:21:41 PM »
Latapy congratulates CFU qualifiers…urges T&T players to hold their heads up
TTFA Media

National Under 17 Men’s Team Head Coach Russell Latapy has offered congratulations to the five teams from the Caribbean Football Union which have qualified for the CONCACAF Final Round of qualification for the FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup in 2017.

Latapy issued a statement today, also thanking members of the T&T Under 17 team for their efforts during the ongoing competition which saw Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba,Curacao and fifth place finishers Suriname advancing to the  CONCACAF Finals in Panama City next year.

“Firstly I’d like to congratulate the five teams that have qualified for the next round and wish them the best. Unfortunately for us we are not among those five teams but I want to thank the players for the efforts and time they gave in the preparations and during the matches and to the staff and the fans who supported us, also to the Football Association for trying to give us the best preparation during the time in which we were able to have two training camps inside a month,” Latapy told TTFA Media on Thursday.

“Sadly it was not meant to be for us but I’d like to tell the players to not drop their heads. They still have the remainder of their careers ahead of them and there’s a lot of football to be played.

“But one of the things I think we can take from this tournament is the spirit which we showed which allowed us to come back in two of the matches. Maybe with a bit more time together things may have turned out better. We also would have to take away  from this tournament the fact that there is a lot of work to be done if we are to to compete strongly and give ourselves a good shot at succeeding at the international level.

“What will follow now is we’ll have a proper review of our showing in the tournament and put measures in place to ensure the team continues a programme. Like I said before, one of the discussions I had with the President and with the members of the technical committee was to have continuity and programmes in place where we do not find ourselves having serious preparations underway just two or three months before a tournament but that we have a system in place whereby our teams are together on a more regular basis,” Latapy added.

The former National Team Captain also issued a message which he feels is critical towards improving the development of local football and it is centred around a change in attitude and work ethic.

“It is imperative for the progress of our football that we change our mindset because what is happening is we tend to react after the fact. The mindset has to be one where are committed to stopping the short cuts that we are accustomed taking,” Latapy said.

“As a nation we tend to take short cuts and then at end of the day we want things to work in our favour or we are always hoping it will work in our favour but in order for that to really happen, we must give ourselves the best chance by having proper preparation and doing the hard work that is required for it.

“And some of the little things that make a difference is the short cuts players tend to take in training during drills or trying to stay away from putting in the extra work. The coaches also have an important role to play in breaking these bad habits. This is something in our culture and at the various levels of our football that we need to change in order for us to achieve any level of success on the international stage,” Latapy concluded.

Latapy recently agreed to a two-year contract with the TTFA as Under 17 head coach and a staff coach with other national youth teams,

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #610 on: September 23, 2016, 02:43:16 AM »
Latapy congratulates CFU qualifiers…urges T&T players to hold their heads up.
TTFA Media.

National Under 17 Men’s Team Head Coach Russell Latapy has offered congratulations to the five teams from the Caribbean Football Union which have qualified for the CONCACAF Final Round of qualification for the FIFA Under 17 Men’s World Cup in 2017.

Latapy issued a statement today, also thanking members of the T&T Under 17 team for their efforts during the ongoing competition which saw Haiti, Jamaica, Cuba,Curacao and fifth place finishers Suriname advancing to the  CONCACAF Finals in Panama City next year.

“Firstly I’d like to congratulate the five teams that have qualified for the next round and wish them the best. Unfortunately for us we are not among those five teams but I want to thank the players for the efforts and time they gave in the preparations and during the matches and to the staff and the fans who supported us, also to the Football Association for trying to give us the best preparation during the time in which we were able to have two training camps inside a month,” Latapy told TTFA Media on Thursday.

“Sadly it was not meant to be for us but I’d like to tell the players to not drop their heads. They still have the remainder of their careers ahead of them and there’s a lot of football to be played.

“But one of the things I think we can take from this tournament is the spirit which we showed which allowed us to come back in two of the matches. Maybe with a bit more time together things may have turned out better. We also would have to take away  from this tournament the fact that there is a lot of work to be done if we are to to compete strongly and give ourselves a good shot at succeeding at the international level.

“What will follow now is we’ll have a proper review of our showing in the tournament and put measures in place to ensure the team continues a programme. Like I said before, one of the discussions I had with the President and with the members of the technical committee was to have continuity and programmes in place where we do not find ourselves having serious preparations underway just two or three months before a tournament but that we have a system in place whereby our teams are together on a more regular basis,” Latapy added.

The former National Team Captain also issued a message which he feels is critical towards improving the development of local football and it is centred around a change in attitude and work ethic.

“It is imperative for the progress of our football that we change our mindset because what is happening is we tend to react after the fact. The mindset has to be one where are committed to stopping the short cuts that we are accustomed taking,” Latapy said.

“As a nation we tend to take short cuts and then at end of the day we want things to work in our favour or we are always hoping it will work in our favour but in order for that to really happen, we must give ourselves the best chance by having proper preparation and doing the hard work that is required for it.

“And some of the little things that make a difference is the short cuts players tend to take in training during drills or trying to stay away from putting in the extra work. The coaches also have an important role to play in breaking these bad habits. This is something in our culture and at the various levels of our football that we need to change in order for us to achieve any level of success on the international stage,” Latapy concluded.

Latapy recently agreed to a two-year contract with the TTFA as Under 17 head coach and a staff coach with other national youth teams,

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: September 24, 2016, 10:56:11 AM »

So Cuba defeated Jamaica in the semi final. Now does this validates why Jamaica, Haiti and T&T was in the same group? Cuba reach final by beating Jamaica, and Jamaica defeated T&T. Many will argue Cuba is a better team than both teams in this tournament.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #612 on: September 24, 2016, 02:56:42 PM »
Haiti is the reigning champion and Jamaica is last year's runner up. Both teams are traditional powerhouses in Caribbean youth football. It just doesn't make sense that the host would choose to be in the same group with those two teams.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 24, 2016, 07:33:14 PM »
Haiti is the reigning champion and Jamaica is last year's runner up. Both teams are traditional powerhouses in Caribbean youth football. It just doesn't make sense that the host would choose to be in the same group with those two teams.

Reigning Champion and runner up is meaning less. I never understand why people make this statement because the U17 boys that won or are runner-ups are now playing U20, for the most part it is a totally new group of players.

As a matter of fact the Jamaica team that was runner up and also a penalty away from going to the World Cup did not even qualify for CFU's Final in Curacao this year.  More proof that the region's so called powerhouse are not what they think they were or are.

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 24, 2016, 08:15:36 PM »
To be the best you have to beat the best.

No such thing as a hard group.

Better to lose now than to go all the way central america and then lose.

5 Teams going
we at home and we not in that bunch against caribbean opposition.
Something wrong with this picture.

Is this the level of preparation that John Williams has implemented with W connection over the years.

Based on club performance I thought this man know what he was doing and would bring some changes.

So far we have seen nothing.

Womens team gotten way worse
Mens team stayed at the same level
Youth teams in an obvious mess.

these men wasting time.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #615 on: September 25, 2016, 09:17:44 AM »

Reigning Champion and runner up is meaning less. I never understand why people make this statement because the U17 boys that won or are runner-ups are now playing U20, for the most part it is a totally new group of players.

As a matter of fact the Jamaica team that was runner up and also a penalty away from going to the World Cup did not even qualify for CFU's Final in Curacao this year.  More proof that the region's so called powerhouse are not what they think they were or are.

Actually, that is not quite true. Youth football is more dependent on underlying factors like organization and player development than senior teams. Therefore, you should not assume that the fact that the players are different from one year to another a team's superiority over another is meaningless. Youth teams are less reliable on individual players.

A senior team needs a number of the same quality players to remain a force over a period of time. A youth team does not require that. What makes the difference for a youth team is the know-how of its officials to identify and develop good quality players. That know-how explains why Nigeria, Ghana, and Brazil have won almost all the youth titles with different players.

I understand some CFU teams are trying to bypass player development by looking for players abroad. For those teams what you said  may be true. For instance, Curacao has a good team this year because the country was able to find some decent youth players willing to play for it. What team Curacao will have next year depends on the quality of the players they will be able to find next year.

If that is the model you have in mind, then yes winning the title in 2016 because a bunch of foreign players tilt the balance in your favor would be meaningless in 2017 since those players would be replaced by new ones. But, as you know, those teams almost never win titles.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 09:26:57 AM by Toussaint »

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: September 25, 2016, 11:28:41 AM »

Actually, that is not quite true. Youth football is more dependent on underlying factors like organization and player development than senior teams. Therefore, you should not assume that the fact that the players are different from one year to another a team's superiority over another is meaningless. Youth teams are less reliable on individual players.

A senior team needs a number of the same quality players to remain a force over a period of time. A youth team does not require that. What makes the difference for a youth team is the know-how of its officials to identify and develop good quality players. That know-how explains why Nigeria, Ghana, and Brazil have won almost all the youth titles with different players.

I understand some CFU teams are trying to bypass player development by looking for players abroad. For those teams what you said  may be true. For instance, Curacao has a good team this year because the country was able to find some decent youth players willing to play for it. What team Curacao will have next year depends on the quality of the players they will be able to find next year.

If that is the model you have in mind, then yes winning the title in 2016 because a bunch of foreign players tilt the balance in your favor would be meaningless in 2017 since those players would be replaced by new ones. But, as you know, those teams almost never win titles.

Toussaint,

You have lost me as you have merged player development and foreign based players into a discussion that though important was not the issue.

My point is simple, the 23 players that won CFU Championship in Haiti last year is NOT the same 23 players that  are playing today against Curacao. Therefore, you can not rate them as a champions squad, yes Haiti is the reigning Champion but not this team. 

You make a good point that success at 15, 17 and 20 is demonstrative of a development program. However, your position weakens when you look at the success of Ghana and Nigeria at the youth level and their inability to succeed at the senior level.

In addition, I disagree that youth teams do not rely on individual quality players. Football at all levels is dependent on 3 or 4 individuals of high quality and 6 role players.

Offline Toussaint

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Haiti Spors
« Reply #617 on: September 25, 2016, 03:09:03 PM »
Tobago, the top 3 teams of the last CFU Haiti, Jamaica, and Cuba  are again the same top 3 teams this year. The players of all three teams are different and in the case of Haiti even the coach is different. So, what do you think the determinant factors are? Your pick!

Do you see why your argument that reigning champion status is meaningless because players are different  does not make sense?

In youth football, it is a mistake to assume all teams are equal because the players of the last tournament were replaced by new ones.

Usually, the host has a say in the grouping of the team. It was weird to see the host in the same group with the winner and runner up of the last competition especially knowing that the top 2 of each group would qualify.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2016, 03:13:10 PM by Toussaint »

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: September 25, 2016, 06:32:49 PM »
Haiti 5 Cuba 0. Haiti CFU U17 champion  for the second straight outing

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: September 26, 2016, 03:28:41 AM »
A massive congratulation to Haiti and their U17 footballers,people keep saying we are below the Central Americans,but Haiti is a just a step away from them,5-0 is a brilliant result against the Cubans.Jamaica is not far off and I hope to hear these same names on the senior team in 2 or 3 years time.Go forward Haiti,do your best and qualify for 2017 WC.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: September 26, 2016, 11:49:06 AM »
2016 Caribbean Football Union Qualifying for 2017 CONCACAF Under-17 Championship

Best XI

Goalkeeper: Redondio Alliance (Haiti)

Right Back: Jolicoeur Etienne (Haiti)

Center Back: Christopher Yoel Llorente (Cuba)

Center Back: Brismax Louis Kelly Clerge (Haiti)

Left Back: Damani Osei (Jamaica)

Right Midfielder: Brian Savigne (Cuba)

Center Midfielder: Carlos Alberto Molina (Cuba)

Center Midfielder: Jean Jacques Danley (Haiti)

Left Midfielder: Nicque Daley (Jamaica)

Forward: Raewin Senior (Jamaica)

Forward: Steeve Selso Saint-Duc (Haiti)

AWARDS

Golden Ball

Steeve Selso Saint-Duc, Haiti

Golden Boot

Steeve Selso Saint-Duc, Haiti (five goals)

Golden Glove

Redondio Alliance, Haiti

Fair Play Award

Curacao

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: September 26, 2016, 12:52:25 PM »
Lawd.  Not even a bess cobo sweat award fuh a Trini?

Latas  :frustrated:
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: September 26, 2016, 01:17:00 PM »
Why allyuh jumping on Latapy!

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: September 26, 2016, 03:04:21 PM »

Who we should jump on?

Ken Elie?

Stephen Hart?

We know if we say DJW dat go jes make yuh more upset  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: September 26, 2016, 05:02:21 PM »

Who we should jump on?

Ken Elie?

Stephen Hart?

We know if we say DJW dat go jes make yuh more upset  ;)

If that is the case, let the chips fall where they may. Allyuh sounding like is doomsday. This developmental football. This is where all the fundamental mistakes should be made. Not like what we see on the senior team on too many occasions. At least with these guys, Latapy can rectify these flaws(providing DJW give him the resources) before the U19/20 tournament comes around. If they are not well prepared by U19/20, then is a waste of time for U-23, Olimpic and WC football.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: September 26, 2016, 07:05:23 PM »

If that is the case, let the chips fall where they may. Allyuh sounding like is doomsday. This developmental football. This is where all the fundamental mistakes should be made. Not like what we see on the senior team on too many occasions. At least with these guys, Latapy can rectify these flaws(providing DJW give him the resources) before the U19/20 tournament comes around. If they are not well prepared by U19/20, then is a waste of time for U-23, Olimpic and WC football.

we haven't had a well prepared U17 team since 2007. the mistakes are not being rectified. its getting so bad we can't even make concacaf qualifiers anymore. and by U20 its too late to start proper development. its no coincidence that youth team that earned two world cup berths were already playing international football at u15. i wish the u20s best of luck....but they have never, nor will they be ever be given adequate preparation neccessary to progress to a youth world cup.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2016, 07:08:17 PM by ZANDOLIE »
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #626 on: September 27, 2016, 03:09:54 AM »
CFU President expresses satisfaction with CFU U17s and looks ahead to Senior Men’s Caribbean Cup.
TTFA Media

The Finals of the 2016 Scotiabank Caribbean Cup will be hosted by one of the four finalist countries ahead of next year’s CONCACAF Gold Cup.

This was disclosed by Caribbean Football Union President Gordon Derrick after he witnessed the final of the CFU Men’s Under 17 championship in which Haiti defeated Cuba 5-0 at the Ato Boldon Stadium in Couva on Sunday.

Derrick presented the winning trophy to Haiti and was accompanied by CFU General Secretary Neil Cochrane,TTFA President David John Williams and Vice President Ewing Davis on the awards stage following the final match on an action-filled evening of football which also saw Jamaica capture third place with a win over Curacao.

Switching his attention to the upcoming senior-men’s tournament, Derrick said he was anticipating the event which will qualify the Caribbean’ representatives to the CONCACAF Gold Cup.

T&T’s Senior Men will host Dominican Republic in the first of two Caribbean Cup semi-final round matches at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on October 5th at 7pm. T&T will then travel to meet Martinique there on October 11th. The top team from the three-team group will join three other group winners in the semi-final and final which will be hosted by one of the four teams that have made it through to that final stage.

“As you know the format of the Scotiabank Caribbean Cup has changed this year and it is actually a brainchild of mine which is why I am also happy to have been reelected to see it happen. What we decided was to have  the matches spread throughout the region so that countries will have at least one of the semi-final round matches played in their countries and so everyone can experience the excitement of this prestigious tournament. The quality of the football is always high and there are keen rivalries,” Derrick told TTFA Media.

“And one of the reasons we have not named the hosts for the Finals (semi-finals and Final) is because when those four countries are determined then we will have a better idea of which one of those four nations will host the semi-final and the final. It’s building up to be a very intriguing competition with some great match ups in the next phase, “ he added.

Derrick also complimented the CFU staff and the Local Organising Committee of the Trinidad and Tobago Football Association for putting on a first class event over the past couple weeks during the U-17s in T&T with matches being staged at the Hasely Crawford Stadium and Ato Boldon Stadium.

“It was a tremendous tournament. I am very happy about the quality of the play that I saw and the organisation of the tournament was first class and I think this was an excellent launch to start a new cycle of developing quality players. You would have seen some tonight like the MVP player (Steeve Selso Saint-Duke) from Haiti and you saw a lot of players in between and it’s really an exciting time to see some of our best talent here at the Under 17 level.

“It is only glowing remarks in terms of the organisation.  The staff has been very conscientious and hard working in their efforts. It was run smoothly but I am sure things were hectic back there. What makes me proud is that the entire tournament was run by HR persons from the CFU and the LOC involved  and this shows we can put on a world class, first class tournament. There was no difference in how this tournament was hosted compared to how a FIFA tournament would be run at the highest level and that is what we are striving for. Congratulations to the entire staff that made this happen,” he said.

Derrick also said he will be at every home game for Trinidad and Tobago during the CONCACAF 2018 Final Round of qualification, beginning with the November 11th clash with Costa Rica at the Hasely Crawford Stadium.

“I was somewhat disappointed that more Caribbean teams didn’t make it to the final round but I want to make a bold prediction – Trinidad and Tobago is going to finish third in the group and qualify for the Russia World Cup. That is my belief and anything higher will be better. I think once the country of Trinidad and Tobago rallies together then they will make it. The whole of the Caribbean will be rallying behind them because they are the only flag carrier for us. We are going to be behind them and I will be at every home game for T&T because that’s how important it is,” Derrick added.

Roll of Honour

Fair Play Award – Curacao.
Golden Glove Award – Redondo Alliance (Haiti)
Golden Boots Award – Steeve Selso Saint-Duke (Haiti #10)
Most Valuable Player – Steeve Selso Saint-Duke (Haiti #10)

All Star Team

#1.Redondo Alliance (Goalkeeper,Haiti)
#2.Jolicoeur Jr Etienne (Right Defender, Haiti)
#3. Damani Osei (Left Defender, Jamaica)
#5. Yoel Llorente (Centre Defender, Cuba)
#3. Brismax Clerge (Centre Defender, Haiti)
#8. Carlos Alberto Molina (Centre Midfielder, Cuba)
#16. Daniel Jean Jackes (Centre Midfielder, Haiti)
#10. Brian Savigne (Right Midfielder, Cuba)
#14. Nickque Daley (Left Midfielder, Jamaica)
#9. Raewin Senior (Forward, Jamaica)
#10. Steve Sels Saint-Duc (Forward, Haiti)

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: September 27, 2016, 07:10:43 AM »
WATCH: Analysis of Trinidad and Tobago’s elimination from the 2016 CONCACAF U-17 Championship

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/YLRPvqp-eQI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/YLRPvqp-eQI</a>

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: September 27, 2016, 09:31:43 AM »
« Last Edit: September 27, 2016, 09:33:30 AM by maxg »

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #629 on: September 30, 2016, 09:20:03 AM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=146.0

funding, funding, funding
Funding, without a doubt, but you still need a real football developmental programme and not just ole talk, a proven technical director and not Dexter Skeene, real quality friendlies at every level aimed at preparing for tournaments, real qualified coaches with a proven track record and not recycled losers like Latapy and the other jokers before him so that that money is well spent.....
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>