March 28, 2024, 05:48:47 PM

Author Topic: Men's U-17 Thread  (Read 89768 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Re: Men's U-17 Thread
« Reply #720 on: May 06, 2019, 09:02:52 PM »
Go here https://www.facebook.com/concacafcom/ or facebook search Concacaf  and you will find it.  Look under the videos tab and go from there.  You can set up notifications when they post live games, or just facebook search the two sides that you want to see play and the live video feed will pop up.

Actually, I think I did this on the Con page and you have to pay 1.99.

Did as you said, the only option was to sign up which takes you to the Con page where u have to pay. If you guys didn't pay, guess I am screwing up somehow.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #721 on: May 07, 2019, 12:29:44 AM »
John defends team selection against Mexico.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

T&T's un­der-17 foot­ballers will face Hon­duras in the round of 16 to­mor­row from 10:00 am with a re­al­is­tic chance of pro­gress­ing.

The match comes af­ter a de­mor­al­is­ing 5-0 thrash­ing at the hands of CON­CA­CAF gi­ants Mex­i­co at the IMG Acad­e­my in Flori­da, USA on Sun­day, is ex­pect­ed to be a bat­tle for the ju­nior So­ca War­riors, na­tion­al coach Stern John has said in a post-match in­ter­view.

John, the coun­try's lead­ing goalscor­er of all times, sought to de­fend his de­ci­sion to leave out more than five reg­u­lar play­ers from the start­ing team against the Mex­i­cans on Sun­day, say­ing in tour­na­ment foot­ball you have to use your en­tire bench.

"If we try to use our main play­ers, as they say, you wouldn't want to run them to the ground and get them ex­haust­ed. The knock-out stage is more im­por­tant to us. Get to the knock-out phase, win a cou­ple of games and we can be in the World Cup," John said.

He not­ed that though it was a dif­fi­cult loss, his play­ers can on­ly learn from it, ahead of an ex­treme­ly huge Hon­duras en­counter.

"Com­ing in­to that game we knew we had al­ready qual­i­fied for the round of 16 and we want­ed to fresh­en up a bit, and give the guys who were play­ing the ma­jor­i­ty of games, a bit of rest. Our main thing was to qual­i­fy for the sec­ond round and we did that. Now we look for­ward to play­ing in the knock-out on Wednes­day. I think we are re­al­ly dis­ap­point­ed with the re­sult," John ex­plained.

How­ev­er, he be­lieved his play­er did their best. "The guys gave their all and I am proud of them. It was not the re­sult I was look­ing for but it was a learn­ing ex­pe­ri­ence for the guys, one that they will not for­get, so now we can move on from there."

"I think the guys un­der­stand what they have to do and they are up to the bat­tle. And the team is re­al­ly to­geth­er as the play­ers were re­al­ly dis­ap­point­ed by the loss." De­spite the loss, the ju­nior So­ca War­riors ad­vanced as the sec­ond place team in Group E, with six points be­hind group win­ners Mex­i­co who were un­beat­en on nine points.

Al­so on Wednes­day, Ja­maica which was third in Group E fol­low­ing their vic­to­ry over Bermu­da will take on El Sal­vador from 4 pm: Haiti faces the Do­mini­can Re­pub­lic at 10:00 am: and Mex­i­co will be up against Puer­to Ri­co from 12 noon.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline truehaitian

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #722 on: May 07, 2019, 07:20:38 AM »
Time Correction (based on what CONCACAF has released to the media as of 7AM this morning)

Schedule for Wednesday, May 8

Salvador-Jamaica 10 AM
T&T - Honduras 3PM
Haiti-DR 4PM
Mexico-Puerto Rico 6PM

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #723 on: May 07, 2019, 10:01:09 AM »
Congrats to Stern and his team making it to the 2nd round of the tournament, goodluck tomorrow :beermug:

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #724 on: May 07, 2019, 12:44:39 PM »
Go here https://www.facebook.com/concacafcom/ or facebook search Concacaf  and you will find it.  Look under the videos tab and go from there.  You can set up notifications when they post live games, or just facebook search the two sides that you want to see play and the live video feed will pop up.

Maybe it's location based.

Actually, I think I did this on the Con page and you have to pay 1.99.

Did as you said, the only option was to sign up which takes you to the Con page where u have to pay. If you guys didn't pay, guess I am screwing up somehow.

VB

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #725 on: May 07, 2019, 04:18:09 PM »
Trinidad and Tobago U-17s battle Honduras in Round of Sixteen clash
TTFA Media

Trinidad and Tobago’s under 17 footballers will be aiming to claim  a spot in the quarter finals of the CONCACAF Under 17 Championship when they face off with Honduras in the Round of Sixteen at IMG Academy in Bradenton from 3pm on Wednesday.

Through the knockout phase after securing two wins in the their three Group E matches to finish second behind Mexico, the Stern John-coached unit will face a Honduras side that lost its previous game 2-1 to El Salvador to end third in Group G. Honduras’ only win was a 3-0 shut out of Guyana while to lost their opening game 2-0 to group winners Haiti.

John is expected to use a full-strength starting team after resting a few key players in the 5-0 loss to Mexico, knowing fully well that a quarter final place is at stake.

“This is a very important match for us. Every game from here on is like a final and I think the boys are fully aware of it and they are very much up for the challenge,” John told TTFA Media on Tuesday.

“We had them off their legs for a bit on Monday after three matches in five days which is never easy but today we were back at it, getting ready for this huge encounter. I think our boys have grown in every game throughout this tournament and the belief is there that we can do this. We are virtually two wins away from qualifying for the World Cup but we’ll take it one game at a time starting with Honduras tomorrow,” John added.

“Honduras are not going to be easy by any means. They play the typical Central American way and we will have to be mindful of their style but our boys are also confident in their ability and their willingness to work their socks off for each other especially when the going gets tough out there.,” John stated. “It will come down to who wants it more.”

Team skipper Zachary Welch remained confident heading into the fixture.

“We’ve put in a lot of hard work and really played our hearts out in the group stage to get to the knockout out when I think a lot of people were not taking us seriously. We achieved our first objective which was to qualify for the second round and now we have to take care of the next bit of business and that is to win and move on to the quarter finals. Once we get there anything is possible but first we have to get there. We feel good about our chances and it’s time to make things count again,” Welch said.

El Salvador will face Jamaica to get things started on Wednesday, with El Salvador’s Saul Emerson among the players to watch. The Cuscatleco forward scored four goals during the group stage in helping El Salvador to a second-place finish in Group G.

Haiti was very impressive in its group stage campaign by posting three wins with 12 goals scored and just one conceded. They face the Dominican Republic, which was one of the four teams to qualify directly to the Knockout stage from the qualifiers in March.

Action will continue on Thursday with the other four pairings, beginning with a Panama side that posted eight goals in the group stage against Guatemala.

That will be followed by Costa Rica taking on Nicaragua, with Ticos FW and U17 leading scorer Geancarlo Castro in the spotlight after scoring six goals in the group stage.

Capping the day with be a pair of Caribbean sides looking to upend two North American stalwarts, with Canada squaring off against Curacao and the United States facing Guadeloupe.

Fans can watch the matches on Concacafgo.com or Flow Sports 1.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #726 on: May 08, 2019, 12:59:02 PM »
link??
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #727 on: May 08, 2019, 02:01:08 PM »
HT Hon 0 vs TT 0,seems like Honduras is having more possession and more shots at goal,we can wear them out and then hit the killer blow.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #728 on: May 08, 2019, 02:10:42 PM »
Hon 1 TT 0 goal in the 50th min.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #729 on: May 08, 2019, 02:21:26 PM »
Hon 1 TT 0 goal in the 50th min.
1-1 TT in the 58 min

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #730 on: May 08, 2019, 02:35:53 PM »
honduras 3 tnt 1 15 min  to go
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Trini boi

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #731 on: May 08, 2019, 02:59:03 PM »
4-1 final score.  No holding midfielder, and no organization in midfield.  Too many bad passes, and no one feeding Wilson up front, even with a 4-5-1 formation.  Also defense kept blasting the ball out, instead of trying to pass, which gave Honduras tons of possession, with constant attack. 

Wish John had gotten the team a bit earlier so he would've been able to work with them more.  The two standouts are Wilson and Sheppard, especially Wilson. With the right coaching, that guy will be going places.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #732 on: May 08, 2019, 03:44:39 PM »
Again our defending to be blunt,is shyte,and in total agreement with the post above,we cyah hold a ball for 5 seconds.Honduras Under 17 are much more mature than ours.Let's be honest and say our home grown coaches are not what we need,we need foreign,full 'rass clart' stop.I am wondering if we are not wasting resources on these Under 17 and even under 19s,at 17 we still like 12 year olds,just listen to how we talk compared to foreigners.

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #733 on: May 08, 2019, 04:34:02 PM »
Déjà vu.............. :frustrated:

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #734 on: May 08, 2019, 07:45:41 PM »
Congrats to these guys. So far I am pleasantly surprised that they won both games. Surprised that they beat JA. None of us here can figure the madness of TT football. This team team did not play friendly warm ups against big team and they into the next round. Can't really explain it.

Because those team we beat are WORSE! Does not mean we actually played well. The game is on youtube go watch it...When we face quality opposition you will see the reality

and that is what I said after the Jamaica game..and as expected the reality was presented when we played Honduras.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #735 on: May 08, 2019, 07:47:52 PM »

YEARS NOW and yet we have the same mentality, you can get away with poor performance by beating teams who are WORSE than you but the same poor quality will not get you past better teams ...and as usual we get excited after the wins and look past the poor quality standard hoping we will just get better overnight when we play the better teams

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #736 on: May 08, 2019, 10:57:52 PM »
Laurels for the coaching staff and players and families for the valiant effort they made on all fronts. At the end of the day, the players got something unforgettable out of putting on the T&T shirt, despite the threat of a completely raw deal about two months ago. Kudos too to what is probably Anton Corneal's somewhat invisible hand in this team through the Andre Fortune products?

Darts for the distracted leadership in the TTFA main office. We did not deliver our best plausible preparation in this age group from early o'clock. Efforts were hampered and handicapped long before Stern and KJ appeared and that's inexcusable. These players had only one bite at this. They don't get a "do over".

Meanwhile, Honduras had been at it not for 6 weeks, not even for 6 months, but on periodic training microcycles for at least ~15+ months. How are they making that happen while we repeat yesterday's failures?

Their coach is a seasoned campaigner in this age group and knows his players inside out. Systematic beats opportunistic.

« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 11:01:18 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #737 on: May 08, 2019, 11:04:29 PM »
Hard luck guys. Reality bites. Go ahead jump on the players and coaches. YES, they were not good enough. So what! Next level is U-20. What is TTFA good to do? Are they going to work with this team? Bring in some more promising players for the next level(U-20s)? Or are they going to wait 3 weeks before the next U-20 tournament to bring the team together? And hope the coaches can pull a rabbit out of the hat situation!? Until DJW and his group get voted out, nothing eh changing.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #738 on: May 09, 2019, 12:34:25 AM »
T&T U-17s bow out of Concacaf qualifiers.
TTFA Media.

Trinidad and Tobago’s Men Under 17 team bowed out of the CONCACAF Under 17 World Cup qualifiers with a 4-1 defeat to Honduras in their Round of Listen clash at the Championship at IMG Academy in Bradenton, Florida on Wednesday.

Jeffry Miranda powered Honduras to the win with a hattrick. The fireworks began in the second half, with Miranda scoring his first in the 46’. T&T got themselves back into the contest after failing to settle in the opening half. Jaiye Sheppard had a tidy finish in 57’ for his third goal in the tournament. But there was little else for T&T to brag about as marksman Justin Araujo-Wilson was kept quiet for most of the evening. Before either team found the net, winger Tyrese Pierre was adjudged to have fouled José Aguilera in the box on six minutes. But Honduran captain Steven Bonilla’s penalty was saved low by T&T goalkeeper Kahlil Oliver.

Honduras regained the lead four minutes later in the 61’ with a Jose Aguilera goal, which set the table for the Miranda show. The Honduras dangerman found his second in the 76’ and then capped his hat trick with a score in the 88’ to seal Honduras’ quarterfinal spot.

T&T head coach Stern John later admitted his team was second best on the day but credited his players for valiant effort at the tournament.

“We didn’t find our rhythm today and in the end Honduras pulled away from us. I thought we weathered the storm in the first half and it was evenly matched. After they went ahead we got ourselves back in the game with the equalizer but we didn’t get anytime to really build on that because they grabbed the lead again a few minutes after,” John told TTFA Media.

“All in all it was disappointing but I have to give my players credit for coming here and winning two out of four matches. We managed to qualify for the second round.  The last two games were big learning experiences against top Concacaf teams and generally we showed what we are capable of.

“We came here and beat Jamaica in a competition something that we haven’t done in sometime at any level and that was a good sign for us. That was fantastic in terms of bragging rights but for me, I think we have to start looking beyond teams like Jamaica. I think now we have to build on this. Hopefully we’ll find a way to keep the boys together and have them working for the next set of qualifiers which will be at the under 20 level and hopefully some of the boys from here will continue to develop and move on to teams at a higher level outside of Trinidad and Tobago and also back home,” John added.

Teams

Trinidad and Tobago U-17: 20.Kahlil Oliver (GK); 2.Nigel Carraby, 4.Jordon Britto, 5.Cephas St Rose (14.Jerrell Nixon 78′), 7.Jaiye Sheppard, 3.Luke Savery;  6.Zachary Welch (captain) (12.Curtis De Leon 63), 19.Ajani Fortune; 8.Tyrese Pierre, 9.Justin Araujo-Wilson.17.Kevan Kahoussi (10.Andrew De Gannes 85′),

Unused substitutes: 1.Isaiah Williams (GK), 11.Jean-Heim Mc Fee, 13.Gary Griffith III, 15.Jeremy Lashley, 16.Keilon Burnett-Acevaro, 18.Isa Sayeed.

Coach: Stern John

Honduras U-17 : 1.José Banegas (GK); 4.André Orellana, 5.Jafeth Chávez, 17.Luis Vega, 3.Steven Bonilla (captain); 16.Miguel Carrasco, 8.Carlos Palacios, 13.José Aguilera (10.Marvin Ávila 86′); 2.Roney Bernardez, 20.Jeffrey Miranda (9.Héctor Medrano 89′), 14.Michael Rosales.

Unused substitutes: 12.Isaac González (GK), 6.Elix Gómez, 7.Brian Sierra, 19.José García.

Coach: José Valladares

Head Coach John says T&T U17s have gained from Concacaf tourney

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #739 on: May 09, 2019, 06:48:59 AM »
4-1 final score.  No holding midfielder, and no organization in midfield.  Too many bad passes, and no one feeding Wilson up front, even with a 4-5-1 formation.  Also defense kept blasting the ball out, instead of trying to pass, which gave Honduras tons of possession, with constant attack. 

Wish John had gotten the team a bit earlier so he would've been able to work with them more.  The two standouts are Wilson and Sheppard, especially Wilson. With the right coaching, that guy will be going places.
If you look at youth proleague games the boys play in a similar way wild ...
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #740 on: May 09, 2019, 10:58:51 AM »

If you look at youth proleague games the boys play in a similar way wild ...

Precisely one of the "whys" regarding why the Youth Pro League has to be improved.

We say we accept that we don't live in football isolation, but yet we consistently approach decision-making and fixes as if we are living on an island and there won't be a visiting supply ship arriving for several years. So, we end up dependent on whatever the currents randomly wash up. Other than that, it's business as usual and frequent declarations of victory ...although we losing.

Why? Because we are anchored in mediocrity.
« Last Edit: May 09, 2019, 11:02:25 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #741 on: May 09, 2019, 11:58:18 AM »
Laurels for the coaching staff and players and families for the valiant effort they made on all fronts. At the end of the day, the players got something unforgettable out of putting on the T&T shirt, despite the threat of a completely raw deal about two months ago. Kudos too to what is probably Anton Corneal's somewhat invisible hand in this team through the Andre Fortune products?

Darts for the distracted leadership in the TTFA main office. We did not deliver our best plausible preparation in this age group from early o'clock. Efforts were hampered and handicapped long before Stern and KJ appeared and that's inexcusable. These players had only one bite at this. They don't get a "do over".

Meanwhile, Honduras had been at it not for 6 weeks, not even for 6 months, but on periodic training microcycles for at least ~15+ months. How are they making that happen while we repeat yesterday's failures?

Their coach is a seasoned campaigner in this age group and knows his players inside out. Systematic beats opportunistic.
Spot on. We will not achieve significant progress without year long development programs for our youth team. We can't blame the players, I'm sure they gave their best efforts but this takes time and by that I mean yearssss of continuity. Tournament is done so I'm sure the U17's will be inactive until the next tournament then we back to square one (faluma ding ding ding) because the federation in a mess. Ideally this should be the time for Stern to continue with the local players, maybe a couple times a month, to review the games, build on our strengths, make improvements based on his philosophy and even play practice games against quality local clubs.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #742 on: May 09, 2019, 10:41:01 PM »
I'll repeat what I said earlier, I witnessed no notable difference between first and second string teams on goals conceded, defense was not solid on the games won it was just not solidly tested, Mexico would have probably been better as more of a dress rehearsal than a rest day or even partially so.....anyways they met it's peak as a collective on current evidence, guess they will just be released into the wind until their U20s cycle come around as per usual :(  :-\ :P
I pity the fool....

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #743 on: May 10, 2019, 12:32:24 AM »
John: U-17s more experience now.
By Walter Alibey (Guardian).

Na­tion­al Un­der-17 foot­ball coach Stern John has cred­it­ed his play­ers for the hard work and ef­fort giv­en at the CON­CA­CAF Un­der-17 Cham­pi­onship in, Flori­da, USA de­spite be­ing boot­ed out af­ter a 4-1 loss to Hon­duras in the round of 16 on Wednes­day.

In a post-match in­ter­view, the for­mer T&T strik­er now turns coach, said he be­lieves the play­ers have left the tour­na­ment with more ex­pe­ri­ence, knowl­edge and with a bet­ter un­der­stand­ing of the game. As such John has called for the team to be kept to­geth­er for fu­ture tour­na­ments, as he be­lieves the play­ers were will­ing to go out there and die for the cause.

"The game was a very dif­fi­cult one for us, I think we weath­ered the storm in the first half, we got a soft penal­ty and the keep­er saved it. The game was even­ly matched in the first half but in the sec­ond half, we came out lack­ing con­cen­tra­tion. We con­ced­ed an ear­ly goal but we man­aged to get our­selves back in the game. A cou­ple of min­utes lat­er we con­ced­ed again and we nev­er got time to set­tle, as we were just chas­ing the game. But cred­it to the boys they worked their socks off, com­ing in as boys and leav­ing as men be­cause they un­der­stand how in­ter­na­tion­al foot­ball is played now, and what is ex­pect­ed of them to com­pete at this lev­el."

John be­lieves the dif­fer­ence in lifestyles be­tween our play­ers and their op­po­si­tion con­tributed tremen­dous­ly to the re­sult of the match. "It was not easy. Most of the play­ers they played against in the tour­na­ment, play with pro league teams or are as­signed to pro­fes­sion­al teams, while most of our boys play Sec­ondary School foot­ball. It's a mas­sive gap, but I thought the boys did re­al­ly well and they should be proud."

The T&T team had just a month to pre­pare un­der John af­ter the pre­vi­ous coach Rus­sell Lat­apy with­held his ser­vices be­cause of un­paid wages. How­ev­er, John and his staff which in­clud­ed Ken­wyne Jones, the for­mer T&T strik­er, agreed to work for free and had very lit­tle time to pre­pare the team.

Yes­ter­day John said he was hap­py with the work done in the short time they had. "In a short space of time, we did not bad in the tour­na­ment, we man­aged to qual­i­fy for the sec­ond round and we were not to­geth­er for a long time, so you can imag­ine if we were to­geth­er for a much longer time and pre­pare prop­er­ly, then the sky would have been the lim­it."

John gave the as­sur­ance he will try every­thing in his pow­er to keep the team to­geth­er, say­ing the play­ers were will­ing to die for the cause.

RELATED NEWS

Stern calls for continuity with youth team.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

T&T U17s coach applauds team effort but –

STERN JOHN, coach of the T&T men’s Under-17 football team, has called for the squad to be kept together as they progress to the Under-20 level.

John, the ex-national team striker, was speaking after the team’s exit from the Concacaf Under-17 Championship on Wednesday, following a 4-1 beating by Honduras in their Round of 16 encounter at the IMG Academy, Bradenton, Florida, United States.

Jeffry Miranda scored a hat-trick for Honduras, with items in the 46th, 76th and 88th minutes, while Jose Aguilera got the other strike, in the 61st. Jaiye Sheppard got T&T’s lone goal, in the 57th.

“We didn’t find our rhythm (on Wednesday) and, in the end, Honduras pulled away from us,” said John. “I thought we weathered the storm in the first half and it was evenly matched. After they went ahead we got ourselves back in the game with the equaliser, but we didn’t get any time to really build on that because they grabbed the lead again a few minutes after.”

In the group stage, T&T defeated both Bermuda (3-1) and Jamaica (3-2) but fell to a 5-0 defeat by Mexico.

“All in all, it was disappointing but I have to give my players credit for coming here and winning two out of four matches,” said John, the T&T men’s team assistant coach. “We managed to qualify for the second round. The last two games were big learning experiences against top Concacaf teams and generally we showed what we are capable of.

“We came here and beat Jamaica in a competition, something that we haven’t done in sometime, at any level and that was a good sign for us,” John continued. “That was fantastic in terms of bragging rights but for me, I think we have to start looking beyond teams like Jamaica.

“I think now we have to build on this. Hopefully we’ll find a way to keep the boys together and have them working for the next set of qualifiers which will be at the under 20 level and hopefully some of the boys from here will continue to develop and move on to teams at a higher level outside of Trinidad and Tobago and also back home,” John added.

In other round of 16 matches on Wednesday, El Salvador and Mexico each registered 2-1 victories over Jamaica and Puerto Rico respectively, while Haiti whipped Dominican Republic 2-0.

Yesterday, Panama eliminated Guatemala 2-0 and Canada spanked Curacao 4-0.

The quarter-finals will be contested on Sunday, with the semi-finals on Tuesday and the final set for May 16.

The semi-finalists will advance to the 2019 FIFA Under-17 World Cup in Brazil.

« Last Edit: May 10, 2019, 12:34:02 AM by Flex »

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #744 on: May 10, 2019, 07:41:15 AM »
Again our defending to be blunt,is shyte,and in total agreement with the post above,we cyah hold a ball for 5 seconds.Honduras Under 17 are much more mature than ours.Let's be honest and say our home grown coaches are not what we need,we need foreign,full 'rass clart' stop.I am wondering if we are not wasting resources on these Under 17 and even under 19s,at 17 we still like 12 year olds,just listen to how we talk compared to foreigners.

That is shit talk. No warm up games whatsoever but you expect them to cope and compete in every game? That is Stern and KJ fault? You think they can teach proper defensive composure, positioning, and awareness with no matches to see how well players are adapting? You think competition is when kinks get ironed out? Steups! Even a foreign coach would be screwed in this set up so stop with dat dotish talk and place blame where it belongs on the federation that isn't doing anything! You ready to cast away our next generation of ballers for something that they have no control over? The difference between what they are accustomed to and international football is night and day. Yet somehow you want them to be better than the environment they being brought up in? I just doesn't understand these rants nah smh.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #745 on: May 10, 2019, 08:57:17 AM »

That is shit talk. No warm up games whatsoever but you expect them to cope and compete in every game? That is Stern and KJ fault? You think they can teach proper defensive composure, positioning, and awareness with no matches to see how well players are adapting? You think competition is when kinks get ironed out? Steups! Even a foreign coach would be screwed in this set up so stop with dat dotish talk and place blame where it belongs on the federation that isn't doing anything! You ready to cast away our next generation of ballers for something that they have no control over? The difference between what they are accustomed to and international football is night and day. Yet somehow you want them to be better than the environment they being brought up in? I just doesn't understand these rants nah smh.
I agree with all you said, however our TT coaches(especially local based) should know by now, they cannot depend on the admin to help with proper preparations(umpteen years now), so they will have to be creative. How about arranging games against senior players and teams, even fete match sides, just to have an idea of formation, practice tactics, drills etc.
In this case, the coaches came aboard way to late, going forward, hope they are able to continue with at least bi-weekly attendances, however, we all know life gets in the way. Emigration, finances, education, jobs, health etc. It's why Stern and KJ (or a head coach/TD) should be working with all age groups (focus on maxim 3- U15,U17,U19 for eg), to have some measure of continuity. Yet, no way should they be doing this for free. Hopefully, Stern and KJ are able to stick around and not get totally frustrated as many others in the past.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #746 on: May 10, 2019, 05:46:36 PM »
Maxg, why would Stern arrange the game against the seniors. That is TTFA’s duty. That is not Stern’s and KJ’s football XI. Do you know what is going on with the pro and super leagues. Ah mean, this is madness. The coaches playing for free. The CoP and parents have to fork out their time and resources. What is the purpose of the ttfa?

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #747 on: May 10, 2019, 06:32:36 PM »
Maxg, why would Stern arrange the game against the seniors. That is TTFA’s duty. That is not Stern’s and KJ’s football XI. Do you know what is going on with the pro and super leagues. Ah mean, this is madness. The coaches playing for free. The CoP and parents have to fork out their time and resources. What is the purpose of the ttfa?
They of course would have to get the go ahead from TTFA to go ahead with any arrangements due to insurance and national team coverage, but if they still gonna wait for the Admin to make arrangements, then we will always have built in excuses why we just get out played, maybe next year. and next coach as well.

Ps: it’s not hard to arrange friendly games in TT, my over 50 fete match travelling team had 7 games in 2 weeks last year. We were available. It have a 72 year old on the team called ‘Latas’ an all.  :D
This TTFA fighting to build a home, but the football already have mental issues, and therefore needs more specific care. It’s not just football either.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2019, 09:28:19 AM by maxg »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #748 on: May 13, 2019, 08:05:54 AM »
Congrats to Haiti, who qualified. Well done :applause:

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #749 on: February 01, 2020, 07:50:34 PM »
WATCH: Catch a glimpse of the first training session for the National Under 17 Men's Team under newly appointed head coach Angus Eve at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium, Marabella

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0GXE3-urjD8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0GXE3-urjD8</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>