April 17, 2024, 09:58:54 PM

Author Topic: Turkey strengthening ties with Guyana and the Caribbean.  (Read 1142 times)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
Turkey strengthening ties with Guyana and the Caribbean.
« on: May 31, 2012, 03:27:11 AM »
I believe the Turkish economy is one to keep your eyes on, very much like Brazil

=============================

Guyana and Turkey to move relations beyond multilateral level         
Written by GINA      
Wednesday, 30 May 2012 22:04

THE Government of Turkey is building on its agenda of increasing contacts with countries in Latin America and the Caribbean and in so doing, has appointed a new Ambassador to Guyana, Muhsin Tugul Kilicaslin who the Guyana Government hopes will take the existing relations between the two countries beyond the multilateral level.
Ambassador of Turkey to Guyana, Muhsin Tugul Kilicaslin and President Donald Ramotar

The Ambassador presented his letters of Credence to President Donald Ramotar yesterday at Office of the President, vowing to fulfill the Turkish Government’s mandate of strengthening, political, cultural, economic and national ties with Guyana.
“My Government is willing to explore all existing opportunities for further development of relations between the Co-operative Republic of Guyana and Turkey,” Ambassador Kilicaslin said.
Relations between the two countries also exist at the level of the Organisation of Islamic Cooperation and the friendship, according to President Ramotar, is part of a commitment between the two countries to respect human rights and the harmonious relations between states, as enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations.
“At the bilateral level, notwithstanding the distance between our two countries, I am confident that there are many opportunities for us to strengthen our relations…we should explore areas that will serve to enhance the relations between Guyana and Turkey,” President Ramotar said.
In 2010, the Turkish Government appointed an Ambassador to the Caribbean Community (CARICOM) as it sought to work closer with the region.
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Turkey strengthening ties with Guyana and the Caribbean.
« Reply #1 on: May 31, 2012, 07:37:22 AM »
I believe the Turkish economy is one to keep your eyes on, very much like Brazil

I'm not so sure that Turkey can join the category of BRICS. Those countries have growth potential because of their massive populations. Not only is labour cheap, but as manufacturing and exports increase, prosperity increases for large tranches of the population, thus igniting a vibrant internal economy. Although Turkey has around 75 million people, I don't think there is enough surplus of employable people to develop new industries to the same level as the BRICS nations.

However, I do agree that the Turkish economy is worth watching. Its unique position as a Eurasian nation and its geographic location gives it strong economic advantages.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #2 on: May 31, 2012, 09:53:12 AM »

I'm not so sure that Turkey can join the category of BRICS. Those countries have growth potential because of their massive populations. Not only is labour cheap, but as manufacturing and exports increase, prosperity increases for large tranches of the population, thus igniting a vibrant internal economy. Although Turkey has around 75 million people, I don't think there is enough surplus of employable people to develop new industries to the same level as the BRICS nations.

However, I do agree that the Turkish economy is worth watching. Its unique position as a Eurasian nation and its geographic location gives it strong economic advantages.

Don't know if they are quite BRICish, however, they are a leading Euro nation in terms of construction, electronics (Bos and Arcilek), Turkish Airlines is the official European airline of Man U  ;D and they are making great strides in terms of electronic Media. Remember the image of Saddam Hussein's statue being toppled down and the ppl beating, this was taken by a Turkish news crew (simliar to cana) and they made muchos money.

Although unemployment is going down and the Lira has been largely stable over the last decade, I'll admit the trickle down has not been torrential. But inflation has slowed and ppl have experienced very decent pay rises in the last decade. World Bank said back in 2004 that Turkey should be amongst the top 20 economies by 2022.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 31, 2012, 10:49:28 AM »
Saw a video presentation on Turkey, in DC a few weeks ago, I was really impressed by the stuff they are doing.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 22, 2012, 11:31:47 AM »
Second to the presence of China in the Caribbean, I find this to be the next most intriguing foreign policy agenda in the region. 

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 22, 2012, 11:36:40 PM »
What dey want???
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

1]; } ?>