March 28, 2024, 06:39:08 AM

Author Topic: Tiger family make de cut  (Read 1220 times)

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Tiger family make de cut
« on: June 01, 2012, 10:11:02 AM »
18hole DNA
http://www.theaustralian.com.au/sport/golf/tigers-niece-to-join-lpga-tour/story-fnaxw0m2-1226363915382

CHEYENNE Woods, the 21-year-old niece of Tiger Woods, has signed with her uncle's agent and is set to start playing in LPGA Tour events this year.

"I am really looking forward to pursuing my goals and dreams to compete on the highest level," Woods said on her management's website.

Woods posted the lowest scoring average at Wake Forest University and has graduated with a communications degree.

The daughter of Tiger Woods' half-brother Earl missed the cut at the 2009 Wegmans LPGA while playing on a sponsor's exemption.

Agent Mark Steinberg has represented Tiger since 1998 and left IMG to work at Excel a year ago.

"We are excited about the opportunity to represent Cheyenne," Steinberg said. "She has the chance to be a major star on the women's golf scene."

Meanwhile, Tiger has insisted he is close to contending on a weekly basis.

"I think I'm headed in the right direction," he said yesterday.

"I'm going to try to continue to improve in incremental steps in every facet of my game and try to make every facet of my game more efficient."

Woods has one PGA Tour victory this year, but his game has hit a slump recently with a missed cut in Charlotte as well as 40th-place finishes at the Masters and Players Championship.

"I've just played three events -- I won a tournament (four) tournaments ago," he said. "If I get more efficient at what I'm doing, then I'm going to win golf tournaments."

Woods won at Congressional, the tournament
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

1]; } ?>