April 19, 2024, 04:36:34 AM

Author Topic: Doh get tie up, Tobago....  (Read 5011 times)

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
Re: Doh get tie up, Tobago....
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 06:00:02 PM »
Brown sugar, hit the man two dry coconut and ah bennaball in he head and dun the whole argument nah!  :devil:

Doh bother wid he.  Next time he going Tobago he better walk with he own coconut and dasheen, that disrespectful fellow.....   ;D  ;D
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 06:09:25 PM »
Six-month tobago battle
Thursday, June 7, 2012
Clevon Raphael

To say that much is at stake in the pending election of the Tobago House of Assembly would be the political understatement of the decade. So many imponderables are hanging on these polls, the main one being the political careers of at least three of the protagonists—Chief Secretary Orville London, Minority Leader Ashworth Jack and, to a lesser extent, Opposition Leader Dr Keith Rowley.

One thing is certain, though: the fight will be a bruising one and one suspects no prisoners will be taken at the end of what promises to be an epic political battle in the sister island. Never has any national polling campaign been fought over such a lengthy period—six months. This in itself is indicative of the importance of these polls not only to Tobago but to the twin-island republic itself, although it is primarily for the control of the THA for the ensuing four-year term.

I will be returning to the THA election derby straight up to the date of the polls, which is still to be announced, but they have to take place by next January. We’ll today look at what is at stake for the leaders of the respective parties who we know so far are contesting and who are, in fact, those with the best chances of carrying the prize at the end of the day.

There are some noises coming from people like former Chief Secretary Hochoy “Heavy Roller” Charles, Debra Moore-Miggins and others, but with all respect to them, I don’t think they have any real chance of convincing the Tobago electorate to give them the key to the chamber of the THA.

Incumbent London is fighting not just to retain the THA for the People’s National Movement (PNM) but what could very well be for the continued existence of the PNM itself, that venerable party which was soundly beaten by the People’s Partnership coalition in the May 24, 2010, general election, to take control of the central government.

Under London’s stewardship the PNM lost both seats in the trouncing, which also saw the party losing big time in Trinidad. Since then political observers have been saying that the PNM is a badly injured political entity and because of its margin of defeat in 2010 (29-12), the PNM will never recuperate.

That is still highly debatable and if it should manage to remain in charge of the Assembly no doubt that would give London and Rowley some breathing space and its supporters some hope, in spite of what the naysayers have predicted. Dr Rowley, it is well known, is leading a party which has not yet given him its full support, and although former Prime Minister Patrick Manning can be now considered no longer a threat to Rowley’s leadership, the Opposition Leader may get a much needed boost to his political pride if he leads a successful PNM campaign in January.

Opposition to his leadership may openly break out if he carries his party into defeat in what will be his first major campaign. I know my PNM friends would howl “bias” when I say that of the three leaders—and others who may join the fray at a later date—the one best poised (on paper) to walk away with the trophy on the night of the polls is Jack.

Don’t begin to get hot under the collar, people, and let’s take a dispassionate look at the present scenario. The Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP), of which Jack is leader, took the two Tobago parliamentary seats in 2010, with the full force of the People’s Partnership in his corner.

And you can bet your last dish of crab and dumplings that the Kamla Persad-Bissessar-led PP administration is not going to let the TOP wage its fight against the opposition alone. That was evident when she headed a field of top party and government officials who launched the campaign in Scarborough last weekend.

And as we say in local parlance, who have the most corn would feed the most fowls. Persad-Bissessar lost no time in driving home that message in Tobago last Saturday, when she outlined a bag of promises which were in fact contained in the PP’s 2010 manifesto.

The main carrot is of course the pledge to amend the country’s constitution to grant Tobago internal self-government by the end of 2012. Uhmmmm…THA election in January...things to make you think, eh? That ISG issue has been a very emotive one with Tobagonians for a very long time and any central government which can deliver that would surely have an advantage over all others in the January political outing.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/columnist/2012-06-07/six-month-tobago-battle
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 06:11:42 PM »
Battle royale for the THA
Sunday, June 10, 2012

I want a ringside seat at the battle royale that is the fight for the Tobago House of Assembly (THA) which is taking on the complexion of a World Wrestling Entertainment event in the build up to January 2013. Holy Moses! The Tobago Organisation of the People (TOP) has launched their tag team of Ashworth Jack and Delmon Baker. Trainer for the outfit is the wily Kamla Persad-Bissessar who beat two deadbeat politicians, Basdeo Panday and Patrick Manning to a frazzle. Both men are hoping to use the accountability and transparency choke-hold with which they hope to pin chief secretary Orville London. He has Stanford Callender as his partner. Both men are going into this battle without a trainer and are depending on their wits, but expect advice from the man called the “Rottweiler” who has a rowdy way of doing battle.

The New Movement has the old heavy roller, Hochoy Charles and Deborah Moore-Miggins as his tag. Hughvon des Vignes will be urging on combatants. Hochoy and Debra are newcomers to tag team wrestling, but seasoned campaigners. So I say move over Randy Horton, CM Punk, Big Show, Chris Jericho, Sheamus, Rey Mysterio Junior and Mark Henry, here come our own tag teams.

However, my spies tell me that the TOP will be coming with all glam, glitter and promises, hoping to easily win the hearts of Tobagonians after taking Trinidadians by storm. They have the resources. If I know Tobagonians well, they will be watching them with an eagle eye, because they don’t like Trinidad politicians messing in their political affairs. I can’t wait to see how this will turn out. Latest report is that Ashworth and Delmon are practising their moves in a gym in Port-of-Spain, drinking lots of Gatorade.

The heavy roller Hochoy who could easily pass for Mark Henry’s brother is eating lots of ground provision, dasheen and cassava especially, plus drinking gallons of pacro water for this important duel. Word from the camp is that he’s looking a bit rusty, but good. Lightweight Debra is training hard, too, but is depending on the Kobe Kingston dropkick to do the trick. He has been called a “cry baby”, but Orville London will have no time to cry when the battle is joined. He has to come out fighting, after doing one thousand sit-ups daily. No stranger to taking a pounding, London’s skin in as thick as leather. So people could say “London bridge is falling down” ’till their throats bust, he is not going down without a fight. Now wrestling is filled with dirty tricks and low blows, so I am expecting the battle for the THA will be no different. We are in for loads of entertainment, dropkicks, chokeholds, toeholds and sleepers. I say let the battle begin...who dead, dead. Funeral agencies must make money too. After all is said and done, Tobago, a ward of Trinidad, will remain a “promised” land, still poor, polite and jungle all these years.

The last time I said Tobago was still jungle (meaning under developed) people nearly half kill me for the truth. Not me and Tobagonians. You see me, I gone.

http://www.guardian.co.tt/columnist/2012-06-09/battle-royale-tha
Or yuh shoes burst off,
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 08:46:44 PM »
Brown sugar, hit the man two dry coconut and ah bennaball in he head and dun the whole argument nah!  :devil:

Doh bother wid he.  Next time he going Tobago he better walk with he own coconut and dasheen, that disrespectful fellow.....   ;D  ;D

doh worry.... ah go PM yuh fuh yuh address.  Serve my food in ah bathing suit too eh, please and thanks.

1]; } ?>