March 29, 2024, 07:24:35 AM

Author Topic: Too much wasted talent.  (Read 3338 times)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Too much wasted talent.
« on: June 09, 2012, 07:27:57 AM »
When i watched guyana , grenada and ATB playing on the big stage and tootsing down the place ( while some fellas commending them for playing ah crock pot ah sh!t) when we should've been there representing the region along with JAMDOWN, it does really hurt my core!!!

last gold cup instead of seeing our guys donning the colors, i had to watch cuba , grenada and guadeloupe tek level sting from the spanish and the lone gringo, does anyone else have a problem with that??!!

i know it's a redundant subject, but one i just can't seem to ignore. since we've been to that WC, we have never been the same again, it's like the intention was just to prove that we could make a WC and then call it ah day, mission accomplished! no development, no new agenda, no improvement and no continuity, just bachannal, mayhem, blacklist and serious embarrassment.

look how much careers was shattered of these promising young players bc of one mans greed and spite. these yutes never knew what hit them, they just found themselves in the middle of a fued, with no opportunity to be seen in our confederation tournaments bc of the selfish fellas surrounding the sport. man like molino, guerra, jaggy, tinto, marvin phillips, S. winshester and many more who if they had the proper system and coaching to highlight their obvious potential could have landed better contracts, and the saddest part of it all, no body in the whole of trinbago including the football fraternity has a problem with this except the members on this site.

so much doggone talent just wasting away on these two islands, and no one seems to care, the the sickening part is that all they need to do is invest some money in the sport and hire the right ppl to develop and guide the players, and that they can't even do.   how fackin sad and sickening is that ??!!!!!
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 07:47:04 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Too much wated talent.
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2012, 07:49:46 AM »
I hear you just cool and you are right, it is bitterly disappointing the depths to which T&T football has descended. Unfortunately, the problems in our football stem from an ingrained cultural trait of waiting until the last minute to plan for major events. The only exception to this is Carnival. Trinbagonians doh make joke wit that.

The saddest thing for me is the greater degree of passion that the average American fan has the American national team. This in a country where there is no long-standing football tradition, no perennial rivalries like Real Madrid-Barcelona, Liverpool-Mancehster United, etc.

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Too much wasted talent.
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2012, 09:41:08 AM »
Yuh hadda give Antigua Barbuda props for having a fat man in goal though lol....
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2012, 08:46:29 PM »
Yeh i know my ppl, they too fackin cool to respond to ah madman who always ranting and raving!! had it been maybe from ah topper on the site like touches, sam or palos allyuh would've been breaking allyuh neck to respond.

it's the typical no interest response, and yet it concerns our football, the thing that brought us all together in the first place, but instead just like the quintessential trini, we would rather bury our noses up some big name team's arse, and now that the euro is on, woss yet!

this thing is appalling, and if we claim to love we sh!t team then we should do something about it, or @ the least have some kind of say instead of pretending that it's not happening.

Allyuh eh see how the board ded? that's bc ppl only want tuh deal wid success, once we eh have no football tuh watch, then their interest is centered else where, they don't want nothing to do with the hard work that goes hand in hand with success. i really can't say that we are infact real fans, bc @ least real fans put up a fight, make their voices heard, they do something to express their displeasure, but in trinbago the football going to sh!ts and not one single protest voicing their displeasure with the state of our football..

The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2012, 09:19:26 PM »
top stuff JC..I real hurt on this weekend..and some before that....

real real real talent wasting
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2012, 11:05:22 PM »

For the football to change the society also needs to change. The football is just a reflection of the society. Look at all the top nations and the way they play football corresponds to the way they live and their work ethic. We can't expect our football to be efficient and successful until we correct the attitudes of our society.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 06:00:35 AM »
Yeh i know my ppl, they too fackin cool to respond to ah madman who always ranting and raving!! had it been maybe from ah topper on the site like touches, sam or palos allyuh would've been breaking allyuh neck to respond.

it's the typical no interest response, and yet it concerns our football, the thing that brought us all together in the first place, but instead just like the quintessential trini, we would rather bury our noses up some big name team's arse, and now that the euro is on, woss yet!

this thing is appalling, and if we claim to love we sh!t team then we should do something about it, or @ the least have some kind of say instead of pretending that it's not happening.

Allyuh eh see how the board ded? that's bc ppl only want tuh deal wid success, once we eh have no football tuh watch, then their interest is centered else where, they don't want nothing to do with the hard work that goes hand in hand with success. i really can't say that we are infact real fans, bc @ least real fans put up a fight, make their voices heard, they do something to express their displeasure, but in trinbago the football going to sh!ts and not one single protest voicing their displeasure with the state of our football..

:applause: :applause: :applause: :salute: :salute:

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »
When i watched guyana , grenada and ATB playing on the big stage and tootsing down the place ( while some fellas commending them for playing ah crock pot ah sh!t) when we should've been there representing the region along with JAMDOWN, it does really hurt my core!!!

last gold cup instead of seeing our guys donning the colors, i had to watch cuba , grenada and guadeloupe tek level sting from the spanish and the lone gringo, does anyone else have a problem with that??!!
No need for the jealousy of the other Caribbean teams, we've all seen equally poor (or worse) performances from T&T on the same stage.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 10:26:59 AM »

No need for the jealousy of the other Caribbean teams, we've all seen equally poor (or worse) performances from T&T on the same stage.
    :thumbsup: :thumbsup:well said.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 10:27:24 AM »

For the football to change the society also needs to change. The football is just a reflection of the society. Look at all the top nations and the way they play football corresponds to the way they live and their work ethic. We can't expect our football to be efficient and successful until we correct the attitudes of our society.

Dize it in a nutshell rite dey......some of us been sayin' it for the longest!

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 02:12:53 PM »

You must be smoking!! jealous you say?? bro, you got the wrong emotion, disappointed and frustrated is more like it!  :frustrated:

let me let you in on ah little fact here. T&T has always had talented sports men and women, but we never got an opportunity to show case our talent bc of the administrators that we find ourselves with. these old men only care about filling their pockets, and nothing more.

they want to be seen as successful and held in high esteem, but they don't ever want to work for it. in trinbago you could be an utter dunce, but bc of who you know, you could find yourself being the governor of the central bank on the count of nepotism! hence the term "fren ting or frenism"

yuh know if we were out classed by guyana and their massive talent pool, then fine, i could handle that, but these men only beat us bc we were ill prepared, and why? bc the ppl who's in charge of football in T&T not really there for the sake of football, but rather on status, filling their pockets and enjoying the perks that comes with being football administrators.

i also hate to see such superb young talent go to waste! and that's what you're getting, and certainly not jealousy!

on friday night i would've liked nothing better than to see ATB and guyana both upset the US and mex, but sorry to say, it was a no contest. yes in the past we've been beaten by these two giants, but never out classed until a few yrs ago when jack totally lost his marbles.

the US was always a goal or two better than us, but not until stinkin jack warner banned our best players, but before that the US never out classed us, neither did mex, and i know bc i've been watching T&T football for close to 35 yrs.

it's only when we started going to tourneys with rookie 2nd string players like the clueless aklie edwards, slow coach makan hislop, boom kick kenyo thomas and throw away gary glascow did we started to concede heavy.

i swear to you, and i will say this with no uncertainty, had jack warner done right by T&T football over the past 20 yrs by building proper youth academies and working together with the pro league helping to raising the level of the league and spend their money on good youth and senior programs instead of taking short cuts, i swear, we would be just as good as the USA or even better!

that's bc we have no shortage of talented young ppl on those two little islands! IMO trinbago is seriously blessed with talent, no joke! and instead of it being nurtured and harnessed, it is taken for granted and squandered!

these jokey administrators take every short cut in the book, in order to pillage, plunder scheme instead of putting their shoulders to the wheel. now even a team with big belly old men could get lucky on we.

so please don't call it jealousy, bc guyana and ATB were out classed and did not deserve to be there and i called it as i see it.

they got lucky based on the complaisance of others, just like grenada in the last two gold cups, while we have the players and the talent to compete competently, but these old thieves just wont give up power, instead, they stagnating and stand in the way of progress! that's the emotion you saw, and certainly not jealousy

i hope some day soon, someone could just go mad and wipe out that whole old boy fraternity,  :praying: that would serve those mdfkrs right.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 03:01:11 PM by just cool »

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 03:25:03 PM »

You must be smoking!! jealous you say?? bro, you got the wrong emotion, disappointed and frustrated is more like it!  :frustrated:

let me let you in on ah little fact here. T&T has always had talented sports men and women, but we never got an opportunity to show case our talent bc of the administrators that we find ourselves with. these old men only care about filling their pockets, and nothing more.

they want to be seen as successful and held in high esteem, but they don't ever want to work for it. in trinbago you could be an utter dunce, but bc of who you know, you could find yourself being the governor of the central bank on the count of nepotism! hence the term "fren ting or frenism"

yuh know if we were out classed by guyana and their massive talent pool, then fine, i could handle that, but these men only beat us bc we were ill prepared, and why? bc the ppl who's in charge of football in T&T not really there for the sake of football, but rather on status, filling their pockets and enjoying the perks that comes with being football administrators.

i also hate to see such superb young talent go to waste! and that's what you're getting, and certainly not jealousy!

on friday night i would've liked nothing better than to see ATB and guyana both upset the US and mex, but sorry to say, it was a no contest. yes in the past we've been beaten by these two giants, but never out classed until a few yrs ago when jack totally lost his marbles.

the US was always a goal or two better than us, but not until stinkin jack warner banned our best players, but before that the US never out classed us, neither did mex, and i know bc i've been watching T&T football for close to 35 yrs.

it's only when we started going to tourneys with rookie 2nd string players like the clueless aklie edwards, slow coach makan hislop, boom kick kenyo thomas and throw away gary glascow did we started to concede heavy.

i swear to you, and i will say this with no uncertainty, had jack warner done right by T&T football over the past 20 yrs by building proper youth academies and working together with the pro league helping to raising the level of the league and spend their money on good youth and senior programs instead of taking short cuts, i swear, we would be just as good as the USA or even better!

that's bc we have no shortage of talented young ppl on those two little islands! IMO trinbago is seriously blessed with talent, no joke! and instead of it being nurtured and harnessed, it is taken for granted and squandered!

these jokey administrators take every short cut in the book, in order to pillage, plunder scheme instead of putting their shoulders to the wheel. now even a team with big belly old men could get lucky on we.

so please don't call it jealousy, bc guyana and ATB were out classed and did not deserve to be there and i called it as i see it.

they got lucky based on the complaisance of others, just like grenada in the last two gold cups, while we have the players and the talent to compete competently, but these old thieves just wont give up power, instead, they stagnating and stand in the way of progress! that's the emotion you saw, and certainly not jealousy

i hope some day soon, someone could just go mad and wipe out that whole old boy fraternity,  :praying: that would serve those mdfkrs right.

Ive always felt this way, Warner never cared about Trinidad football he cared about the money he could get from Trinidad football. The sad thing is any competent businessman knows that in order to maximize profit the product must be worth selling. So instead of T&T football becoming at least a CONCACAF power it stayed stagnant while others improved. If Warner had poured money into T&T football then he would have made more money because T&T football would be of a higher quality and in turn would be more marketable & profitable.

Offline theworm2345

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 03:43:35 PM »
They didn't deserve to be there? Then who did?

I understand and agree with your frustration with T&T football but there's no reason to bring the other teams into it when they did in fact earn their spots to be where they are, just like Grenada did in the Gold Cup.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 04:06:58 PM »

:thumbsup: :thumbsup:well said.

I agree also. Our team lost fair and square. They were not prpepared properly because of Renraw's hold on that TTFF. I wish the other Caribbean teams all the best. No need to cast aspersions on them. They did not do us anything. is our own special advisor who f--ked up our WC journey.

Offline UD Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 11, 2012, 09:42:32 PM »
I do agree with the essence of what “Just Cool” is saying that it is frustrating to see what could be achieved with limited or similar talent in other Caribbean countries because they were able to put some management and systems in place, compared to T&T where it seems there is an abundance of talent (could be debated).  That is simply infuriating because it is wasted potential and resources, which is particularly egregious when you consider that football could be or is an avenue for many low income youths to be able to rise out of their despondency and desire.  And this lack of planning or lethargy about preparation is a reflection of the society and that the only time we rise to the occasion is when we are put under severe pressure. Remember the 80s when there was the downturn in the economy – a lot of innovation came out of that time because people had no other choice and it was the era of the Strike Squad incidentally. 
So what do we do about it because we could wait for the society to change and be longsuffering but waiting for another 16 years before we get another whiff of World Cup position is not a very good option or prospect.  Do people  remember when a lot of British club teams used to visit for friendlies   - Aston Villa, Dundee United, Newcastle, Tottenham – quite a bit during the 80s and the 90s. This is just an idea but can we approach our players who are out there playing with these teams to ask them to encourage their teams  to come play a game or two during the break in the season.  On the Trinidad end, someone will have to try to assemble a President’s eleven or international eleven or something of that order as we know that TTFA cannot be any help in this venture.  It is a long shot but if we can just get one team to come, it will provide an opportunity for some youngster to show off his skills and who knows what that could lead to. It also has the additional benefit of showing the TTFA that there is an alternative.  I think if we want to see football revived in T&T, the supporters will have to be the ones to be the agents of change. It is just an idea but I am sure there are more out there.....

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 10:06:13 PM »
How do you change the way a society thinks?  How do you change the way a society sees its' place in world? 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2012, 06:04:45 AM »
They didn't deserve to be there? Then who did?

I understand and agree with your frustration with T&T football but there's no reason to bring the other teams into it when they did in fact earn their spots to be where they are, just like Grenada did in the Gold Cup.
Breds this is the 2nd time you tried to tell me how i feel, and for he 2nd time you were wrong, so listen to me and listen to me good.

i am really happy for guyana and ATB, disappointed that we didn't make it, but happy for them both, if in doubt just ask reggeafan if i didn't picked ATB to go through with the US over jamaica.

now that don't mean that they deserve to be there. just like T&T in the last WC, IMO we didn't deserve to be there, seeing the deplorable condition our football was in, with the obvious lack of infrastructure and professionalism, it would've been better that guatemala had gotten the opportunity over us, just bc they are a 100 times more passionate about the football and do much more to improve the sport.

i was in full support of guyana and ATB and thought that they would compete better, but when i saw them out there it occurred to me that these fellas eh half way ready yet for this level and it would have been better for T&T and haiti to be there instead. @ least i think they would have competed better.

guyana try ah ting and got through like the tortoise and the hare, T&T thought that they could have slept, go check ah ting, take ah lime wid the boys and still catch up wid the tortoise, but luck favored the more prepared on this occasion, but player for player, we had far more talented players than they did. it's reminiscent of the french team in south africa, a wealth of talent, but finished last in the group bc they didn't have their shyte together.

so i will say it for the last time, i wished we had beaten guyana, bc i think we had the more talented players, but we were ill prepared and deserved to lose. guyana was a little better prepared than us, but IMO luck favored them.

ATB was on my wish list to go through with the US, but after watching them on friday, i don't think they would compete well with the rest of the group even, same with guyana.

i believe the only reason they got through was bc they had some cohesion from playing together in the USL, plus they was also in a soft group. peter bayers is another big factor in their success, the boy bad for days.

i wish ATB and guyana all the best, but i not expecting much.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:13:59 AM by just cool »

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 13, 2012, 10:45:43 AM »
At the end of the day football is played on the field.

we lost to guyana on the field not because of any administrative issue.

Players have to take the first set of blame.

yes off the field will make it more organized and easier for sucess, but is Guyana we talking about.

They game was played on the field fair and square and the players just could not get it done.

Them same men you talking about "talent"

apparently did not have enough "talent" to overcome.

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 13, 2012, 11:16:19 AM »
At the end of the day football is played on the field.

we lost to guyana on the field not because of any administrative issue.

Players have to take the first set of blame.

yes off the field will make it more organized and easier for sucess, but is Guyana we talking about.

They game was played on the field fair and square and the players just could not get it done.

Them same men you talking about "talent"

apparently did not have enough "talent" to overcome.

Fair    :beermug:
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 13, 2012, 12:11:26 PM »
And this lack of planning or lethargy about preparation is a reflection of the society and that the only time we rise to the occasion is when we are put under severe pressure

While I might agree with you on you point mentioned above, I disagree that our loss in the WC is societal problem. Aye, Renraw was running the whole show. He has been there 30 plus f---king YEARS and we look horrible on the the field. The preparation amateurish. The 1966 WC team was prepared  amiilion times better than this team. And the TTFF had the gov't treasury at its disposal. Is  Camps, Groden and all the zonal presidents who keep on voting for Renraw are the cause of our demise. And to all those in the forum who bad talking the rest of the Caribbean, yes, ah glad it huttin' we. fOR the likes of AB, Guy in there and we on the side lines will benefit us in the long run. The next thing is get OUT those zonal president. And change the constitution, so that the clubs can have a voice in TT football. WE HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF ZONAL FOOTBALL PRESIDENTS BEDING OVER FOR rENRAW
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 12:13:29 PM by Deeks »

1]; } ?>