April 24, 2024, 07:43:40 PM

Author Topic: Molino produces with mix of skill, quiet leadership  (Read 1634 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Molino produces with mix of skill, quiet leadership
« on: June 08, 2012, 03:28:48 PM »
Orlando City midfielder produces with mix of skill, quiet leadership
By Megan Walsh (Orlando Sentinel)

Kevin Molino is a quiet threat for the Orlando City Soccer Club.

As the league-leading Lions prepare to play the Charleston Battery for first place at 7:30 Saturday night, Molino won't be heard much from his spot in the Florida Citrus Bowl's midfield.

"When it's time to talk, you have to talk," said Molino, who has a team-high nine points in USL Pro division play. "I just don't want to talk a lot. I want to go out there and get the job done."

The reserved Trinidad and Tobago native arrived in the United States 18 months ago to play for Orlando City. Molino, 21, competes with his national team, and that experience — along with his improvement over two seasons with the Lions — has the potential to make him a special player.

"He's already bridging that gap between being a young player with Trinidad and Tobago to being one of their best players with the full team," Orlando City coach Adrian Heath said. "If Kevin understands what he actually he has, what talent he has, there's no end to how far he can go in the game."

Heath said Molino has improved so much that he is unrecognizable from the player who first arrived in Orlando. His teammates helped Molino's transition to a new country.

He roomed with another Trinidad and Tobago national-team player, Devorn Jorsling, last season, and he befriended forward Dennis Chin, who is originally from Jamaica.

"We have a similar Caribbean background because I was born in Jamaica, but I grew up here so I got the best of both worlds," said Chin, who played for Oviedo High and Rollins."When he first moved here, I knew it was kind of tough for him, so I finally kind of brought him in."

Their friendship introduced Molino to things he now loves about his new home, such as Mexican food and FIFA soccer.

One thing that Molino has not left behind is his laid-back attitude, otherwise known as "island time.'' Heath has developed a remedy for Molino's lateness: a fine system.

The penalties depend on the extent of his tardiness, which Molino said have been about $50.

"I want him to be a better professional every single day," Heath said. "I want him to eat better. I want him to drink better. I want him to look after himself better. Not that he's doing bad stuff, but I want him to be better.

"I'm just trying to give him the tools to take him to the next level."

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
Re: Molino produces with mix of skill, quiet leadership
« Reply #1 on: June 08, 2012, 04:44:39 PM »
One thing that Molino has not left behind is his laid-back attitude, otherwise known as "island time.''
Oh lawd.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 08, 2012, 05:02:50 PM »
"I want him to be a better professional every single day," Heath said. "I want him to eat better. I want him to drink better. I want him to look after himself better. Not that he's doing bad stuff, but I want him to be better.

Much respeck to Heath dey
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 08, 2012, 05:17:18 PM »

Cosign !!!

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 08, 2012, 08:58:58 PM »

Cosign !!!
That's the biggest set back facing out athletes, talented to a fault, but don't ever take the sport seriously!  just look @ the size of homies legs, this is an indication that he hates gym work, which i cannot begin to stress the importance of weight training in any sport.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2012, 10:09:33 PM »
just look @ the size of homies legs, this is an indication that he hates gym work

By dat reasonin, dis fella mus LOVE de gym  :devil:

Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2012, 04:55:25 AM »
just look @ the size of homies legs, this is an indication that he hates gym work

Every time he get up from sitting down wit that belly come like 4 sets ah squats.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2012, 06:38:21 AM »

I didn't know you was still kickin ball, i say since yuh marrid yuh throw in de towel.  ummmm... like marrid life working well fuh yuh sar, look how nice and healthy de oman have yuh lookin.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2012, 06:40:15 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

1]; } ?>