April 25, 2024, 07:01:51 PM

Author Topic: Crowd violence at Euro 2012  (Read 4527 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Crowd violence at Euro 2012
« on: June 10, 2012, 01:44:05 AM »
YAHOO Sports:

Fears over violence erupting at Euro 2012 were borne out when stewards inside Wroclaw's Stadion Miejski were attacked by fans inside the ground on Friday.

Amateur footage following Russia's 4-1 win in their Group A opener against Czech Republic has appeared online which shows dozens of supporters attacking a handful of officials in a main walkway inside the 40,000-capacity arena, which is home to Polish club side Slask Wroclaw.

Local police confirmed that the violence was caused by Russian-speaking supporters.

Police spokesman Mariusz Sokolowski said: "I can confirm that this happened at the stadium.

"The attackers were from the group of Russian language fans. We are trying to identify them. Police have the security footage from the stadium, we are looking into it."

When asked why the police did not step in to assist the stadium staff at the time, Sokolowski said: "It was at the stadium. We react when security and steward at the stadium cannot handle things. In this case they fast took control at the situation."

According to Eurosport's Polish office, four members of stadium staff were taken to hospital but all were released later that evening.

The footage shows one steward left in a heap on the ground after being set upon by several assailants before the violence dissipates and he is helped to his feet, while another is kicked in the head while trying to evade a lone attacker.

Sokolowski added: "Nothing serious happened to the man who was kicked."

Russia's next match is against co-hosts Poland in Warsaw on Tuesday. According to reports, mayor Hanna Gronkiewicz-Waltz will decide whether or not to let the anticipated thousands of Russian fans travel to the capital for the game.

Eyewitnesses in the Ukrainian city of Lviv have also reported an incident involving Russian fans scuffling briefly with locals in the early hours of Saturday morning.

Around 15 Russian fans left the city's fan zone and started shouting and swearing at a smaller group of Ukrainians, said Reuters photographer Marian Striltsiv.

The two sides exchanged a few punches before local police quickly moved in and separated the combatants. No arrests were made.

One picture taken by a local agency showed a man with blood streaming from his nose.

Police denied there had been any violence and said they had prevented the two sides from fighting. Tensions between the two nationalities are particularly high in Lviv, in the far west of the country, in part because of Ukrainian resentment at Soviet rule from 1939 to 1991.

The Lviv region was the centre of a resistance campaign by Ukrainian nationalists fighting for independence from the Soviet Union during and after World War Two.

One of the main nationalist leaders was Stepan Bandera, a man still widely regarded as a hero in western Ukraine and as a bandit by Russia. Fans of local side Karpaty Lviv always show a huge banner of Bandera during home games.

Polish sports minister Joanna Mucha confirmed in a press conference that there were 16 reports of violent incidents and 314 people treated by medical staff in incidents connected to Euro 2012, meaning those which happened in either stadiums or fan zones.

Offline fishs

• I believe in the stars in the dark night.
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Crowd violence at Euro 2012
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2012, 06:42:53 AM »

Jack sell the WC to Russia, no black man will be safe.
It is unimaginable how this man dont like anything but money, for this he will pay in the end.
PP is an evil organisation with Jack the devil in charge
Ah want de woman on de bass

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2012, 06:47:53 AM »

It is unimaginable how this man dont like anything but money, for this he will pay in the end.

Amazing - Russian hooligans beating Ukranian stewards and you talking about the PP? Surely you got more from this article...???  ???

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 10, 2012, 07:29:03 AM »

As much as I understand your point, I don't think the Euros were under his influence and although there are race issues in Eastern Europe, I don't see any reference in this piece.

This is just football gang violence similar to the Ultras or English football in the 80's. I saw in one of yesterdays's games, players being pelted with plastic bottles while trying to take a corner (similar to T&T when they played in Bahrain). I do think there will be violent clashes out there and England vs Ukraine could be a flashpoint.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 10, 2012, 07:38:50 AM »

As much as I understand your point, I don't think the Euros were under his influence and although there are race issues in Eastern Europe, I don't see any reference in this piece.

This is just football gang violence similar to the Ultras or English football in the 80's. I saw in one of yesterdays's games, players being pelted with plastic bottles while trying to take a corner (similar to T&T when they played in Bahrain). I do think there will be violent clashes out there and England vs Ukraine could be a flashpoint.

Ukraine has its own racism problems but of all the nations Russia is the worst.
Jack sold the WC to Russia and he more than anybody else would know about Russia's history sinc he could call a scotsman racist.
The man is evil to put his own pocket in front of what is best for football is one thing to sell out to Qatar at the expense of England but Russia?
This man acts as Prime Minister when the drunkard is on her soirees and to me that is a real indication of guilty by association.

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 10, 2012, 07:51:42 AM »

Amazing - Russian hooligans beating Ukranian stewards and you talking about the PP? Surely you got more from this article...???  ???
       JW responsible for aything wrong with Football worldwide,European Football and Euro 2012 are the best organized and run Football in the world,Platini and them don't like money they on Football but remember what i'm saying racism going to bring down that power house,what beats me none of you find it's offensive or embarassing you adore their Football. 
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 07:54:10 AM by Coop's »

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 10, 2012, 07:56:48 AM »

As much as I understand your point, I don't think the Euros were under his influence and although there are race issues in Eastern Europe,[/ I don't see any reference in this piece.

Raul and FS, i think allyuh totally misunderstood fish.

first off, raul the PP have every thing to do with it, bc they were financed by jack warner in the political arena, and it's a fact that jack made most his money from football, and they had no problem accepting his financial contributions, yeh, money that was possibly funded from the WC 2006 endorsements that should have went towards the development of the football and the players bonuses.

as for the WC in russia, those ppl don't deserve no MDFKN WC especially with the racist problems that exist in their society.  did you know how much ppl wanted to attend the euros in ukraine and poland but didn't feel safe enough to attend? well russia is right next door and they dealing with the same problem.

but despite the instability in these countries, jack and his gang still voted for them, and i willing to bet everything i own, that jack warner was compensated handsomely for his votes, that where the evil come in, and that's the relation between russia and the PP, bc the money that jack got from his ill dealing, went towards fulfilling his political ambitions, and i believe that his PP partners knew of his ill dealings, but still went along with their plans turning a blind eye, yeh eyes wide shut!

FS, fish is ah man who lived in the eastern block, so he knows what he's talking bout. i happened to agree with him that russia was not a safe choice to host the WC in 2018.

i saw a documentary recently on race relation in russia, and it's the worst treatment of ppl of color that i've ever seen, there's no way that these ppl should have been rewarded for their ill conduct by giving them a WC. but fellas like blatter and warner interest only lies in monetary gain. and yes it's hooliganism, and not so mush racism that took place yesterday, but despite that, russia is also a fackin nightmare for ppl of color.    and yeh jack is ah fackin devil for helping them to a WC, despite the obvious risk to ppl of color who would want to attend the tournament.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:35:47 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 10, 2012, 08:02:25 AM »

JW responsible for aything wrong with Football worldwide,European Football and Euro 2012 are the best organized and run Football in the world,Platini and them don't like money they on Football but remember what i'm saying racism going to bring down that power house,what beats me none of you find it's offensive or embarassing you adore their Football. 
Breds you are right about platini not fiending for money like jack, but his boss is ah real money peong!

platini may not be like his boss in regards to money grabbing, but in terms of tackling racism in a serious way, he is just like his boss!

when it comes to the racist issues that plague european football, and going by his half arse response last week when interviewed about the threat of racism in the euros, @ least from what i perceived, plateen face could care less!.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2012, 12:32:28 PM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 10, 2012, 08:03:55 AM »

JC I wish I had your eloqence.

I f they can't see the connection ......
Russian fans beating up people in Ukraine.. what will happen when Nigeria or some other ' Black' nation beating them in their own country?
Jack make that happen for money that the PP joyously use to win an elections.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 10, 2012, 08:22:00 AM »
Guys, after seeing the British PM and various Royals humiliated by Jack, I, maybe more than most of you, resent the fact that England never won 2018. Even as far back as 2006 when I was working in English football, I was told that we shouldn't upset Jack because of our bid. 2018 will never be a celebration of football, not least because the infrastructure will make it the most expensive World Cup to attend. And Qatar? You're having a tin bath with that one.

All that said, this was soccer violence. The concern here is how the stadiums and fan zones are being policed. I am worried about hooligan English fans causing trouble and how the security services deal with a full scale fight. Those boys aren't trained to protect and serve, they act as judge, jury and executioners! Rather than contain and dissipate, they're more likely to wade in and crack skulls. And that's when the innocents get hurt.

Offline dinho

• Hero Warrior
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 10, 2012, 08:23:39 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sV18WXEqF34" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sV18WXEqF34</a>

truetrini

« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2012, 09:35:53 AM »
Guys, after seeing the British PM and various Royals humiliated by Jack, I, maybe more than most of you, resent the fact that England never won 2018. Even as far back as 2006 when I was working in English football, I was told that we shouldn't upset Jack because of our bid. 2018 will never be a celebration of football, not least because the infrastructure will make it the most expensive World Cup to attend. And Qatar? You're having a tin bath with that one.

All that said, this was soccer violence. The concern here is how the stadiums and fan zones are being policed. I am worried about hooligan English fans causing trouble and how the security services deal with a full scale fight. Those boys aren't trained to protect and serve, they act as judge, jury and executioners! Rather than contain and dissipate, they're more likely to wade in and crack skulls. And that's when the innocents get hurt.

In Jack's mind he pay allyuh back for centuries of colonization, slavery and humiliation, piracy, lynchings, rape, murder, plundering and grand larceny.

In his mind he feels justified.   Making some cash as he did it..Priceless!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2012, 09:52:04 AM »

In Jack's mind he pay allyuh back for centuries of colonization, slavery and humiliation, piracy, lynchings, rape, murder, plundering and grand larceny.

In his mind he feels justified.   Making some cash as he did it..Priceless!

There's the problem with Jacks mind! He should therefore do the same to Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Egypt and most of East and West Africa! But wait...now it makes sense....I mean Qatar was never a coloniser and Russia only enslaved whites!

truetrini

« Reply #13 on: June 10, 2012, 10:01:59 AM »
Jack is from the West Indies..we know who brought slaves there!  As I said he has an axe to grind and it is now well ground

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 10, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
There's the problem with Jacks mind! He should therefore do the same to Spain, Portugal, Germany, Belgium, Holland, Italy, Egypt and most of East and West Africa! But wait...now it makes sense....I mean Qatar was never a coloniser and Russia only enslaved whites!

No, there's the problem with your mind... Jack was never on some crusade to right the wrongs of all colonized peoples... just Trinidad at the hands of the English.

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2012, 07:36:19 AM »
Jack is from the West Indies..we know who brought slaves there!  As I said he has an axe to grind and it is now well ground

well he grind he axe down to a toothpick, cause he eh end up wit nuttn

ah think you and bakes forget to add allyuh mad people emoticon with de jack is ah economic freedom fighter theory
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2012, 11:01:18 AM »
...ah think you and bakes forget to add allyuh mad people emoticon with de jack is ah economic freedom fighter theory

Just like you fuhget to add yuh dunce cap emoticon for misreading the posts and distilling the substance down to that erroneous message.

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2012, 05:18:15 PM »
Ok maybe I misread the article, but can someone indicate where this article talked about race?

My first comment simply asked how could Jack Warner and the PP be relevant to the topic in which a few dozen of (probably drunk and uneducated) Russian hooligans attacked some Ukranian stewards, which was probably prompted by the socio-political history between the 2 nations as the article stated...

Then suddenly, according the subsequent comments, Russia did not deserve the 2018 WC because all 141 million people in Russia are racist (since apparently some of you got information that all the stewards were Afro-Ukranian) and then correctly extrapolated their behaviour to the rest of the nation... And then TT PM went on a drunken soirée with some cash that she got from JW from the kickbacks he got from Putin (although Putin did not like him since he is Afro-Trinidadian), since JW was apparently the only person with power in the world's most corrupt organization...

Wow! Please tell me... What else did I miss from this article?  ???
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 05:30:09 PM by Raul »

Offline fishs

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 11, 2012, 10:47:25 PM »
Ok maybe I misread the article, but can someone indicate where this article talked about race?

My first comment simply asked how could Jack Warner and the PP be relevant to the topic in which a few dozen of (probably drunk and uneducated) Russian hooligans attacked some Ukranian stewards, which was probably prompted by the socio-political history between the 2 nations as the article stated...

Then suddenly, according the subsequent comments, Russia did not deserve the 2018 WC because all 141 million people in Russia are racist (since apparently some of you got information that all the stewards were Afro-Ukranian) and then correctly extrapolated their behaviour to the rest of the nation... And then TT PM went on a drunken soirée with some cash that she got from JW from the kickbacks he got from Putin (although Putin did not like him since he is Afro-Trinidadian), since JW was apparently the only person with power in the world's most corrupt organization...

Either you can't read and decipher at the same time or you are just dumb or you are a Jack apologist or you are Russian
Or all of the above

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 11, 2012, 11:06:14 PM »

I think you need to go back to sticking yuh finger up man ass to see if they have "rose".

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2012, 06:17:08 AM »
How mature... I never checked anybody rose, I just shared what some fellas were doing at school... :shameonyou: (for other readers that was based on an older post)...
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 06:28:42 AM by Raul »

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2012, 02:59:44 PM »
Russian fans only fighting...

Video included:

http://www.euronews.com/2012/06/12/polish-and-russian-fans-clash-ahead-of-euro-2012-match-/

Another video:

This time the Russians fans are fighting with the police

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/video/2012/jun/12/euro-2012-russia-police-fans-clash-video

And dem really send the WC Russia boy?
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 03:08:36 PM by Toppa »
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2012, 05:14:56 PM »
What is the issue with the Russians fans. They don't like Putin? They want back they Empire? What is their problem?

Offline grimm01

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2012, 07:39:57 PM »
The Russians are the new English hooligans.

Offline Savannah boy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2012, 09:47:52 PM »
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-18409776

More assness. Leave Theodor Gebre Selassie alone. Also, I cyah believe dat man leave dey house to go and watch de Dutch Practice to heckle and verbally abuse black players. Ent dem Poles say dey so holy and proud dey produce ah Pope etc. Dem and de Russians really deserve each other. How easily dey forget what Hitler did to both countries. May be their education does cover up de dark side of dey history. Clearly de youths over there are found wanting on an intellectual level after such an ignoble past.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2012, 10:38:23 PM by Savannah boy »

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 12, 2012, 10:21:04 PM »
The Russians are the new English hooligans.

True...and the new Sicilian Mafia....and the new Colombian drug barons etc  Since the fall of communism, they really embraced the capitilist ways of The West!

1]; } ?>