April 25, 2024, 01:45:49 PM

Author Topic: Bad choice by balotelli.  (Read 8867 times)

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Bad choice by balotelli.
« Reply #30 on: June 11, 2012, 11:16:18 AM »
What Casillas did, I see alotta keepers do in that situation - the only option is to drive low at the far post/or across the goal which not easy or blast high and hard near post - also difficult. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: June 11, 2012, 11:24:35 AM »

Elan.....once you have any angular approach to a goal you are ALWAYS supposed to shoot across the GK's body and put it last post.  Casillas did a poor job of covering his goal, he was supposed to have come out a couple more feet against balo (and he didn't quite do his legendary status any favours on the goal he conceded either) so I wouldn't study too much what you think Casillas was attempting to do.  to me, he was setting himself up for failure, Balotelli spit the bit and didn't use the chance he earned for himself.  Furthermore, the only man close enough to Balotelli for a tap-in wasn't close enough to the goal for a tap-in.  Balo was supposed to plant that ball in the back of the net.

We gonna have to disagree, because I believe Casillas actually did well in that situation. What stopped him from coming out further was that Ballotelli slowed down immensely after charging into the box. If Casillas had come further out then he could have gotten chipped or make the first post available. The ball on the foot of the player will keep the keeper from moving forward.

There are no MUST in soccer, there is shooting at goal and then there is finishing, Ballotelli would have had a shot, but he would not have finished.

I also think that Casillas did well in the situation.. Not always you have to come storming off your line in a 1 v 1 situation... Staying put as Casillas did limited Balotelli to one option, which is to shoot for the far post. If he had committed, Balotelli would have had 3 or 4 options, shoot far post, round the keeper, shoot through legs.... and even possibly a chip.

If you look at the replay, it seems that Balotelli is actually waiting for Casillas to commit to then decide what to do, and when that never happened he look like a deer in the headlights. I think staying at home  put him off.

to answer both of you, in a one-on-one situation, you are suppose to match the attacker's speed so I am not suggesting that he shoulda  come rushing out at Balo, but he still left him too much far post to shoot at and the only 2 ways tp make up for that was for him to shift to his right....and compromise his first post as well....or take a couple steps forward.  That move may have put balotelli off, but against a more seasoned, composed and experienced striker, he was paying the price....or pulling off one HECK of a save like Buffon did yesterday.
Even if Casillas charged Balo, he would not have relinquished all them 3 or 4 options as you described, dinho, (1) going around him puts him to have to deal with all the defenders converging on him (2) I not sure that forwards really see shooting through a 'keeper's legs as a viable "option".  It's just something that happens when they make a poor choice of shooting straight at him and (3) the only way Balo was chipping that ball at an onrushing Casillas was if he made himself small....like he did when Di Natale scored.

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: June 11, 2012, 11:26:47 AM »
What Casillas did, I see alotta keepers do in that situation - the only option is to drive low at the far post/or across the goal which not easy or blast high and hard near post - also difficult. 

You really ddn't see how much of the far post Casillas relinquished.  Balo had all the room in the world to blast it high or low in the corner and Casillas was dead.  How many times yuh does see ball go last post and roll just inches away from the 'keeper hand and they didn't even dive a full stretch dive?  Dat does happen plenty too.
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 11:28:32 AM by Mango Chow! »

Offline congo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: June 11, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »
Steups so we vex with Balotelli because Ramos get back and put in a great tackle. How many times have we seen players lose the balls from tackles like those. It wasn't a miss. It was a lack of communication by the Italian team. They should have told him Ramos was coming. He doesn't have eyes to the back of his head. Why not praise him for winning the ball from Ramos. Steupss

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: June 11, 2012, 12:30:10 PM »
Steups so we vex with Balotelli because Ramos get back and put in a great tackle. How many times have we seen players lose the balls from tackles like those. It wasn't a miss. It was a lack of communication by the Italian team. They should have told him Ramos was coming. He doesn't have eyes to the back of his head. Why not praise him for winning the ball from Ramos. Steupss

Naaaah, Jed ah hadda disagree wit yuh dey....I think we all give 'im credit fuh winning the ball.....while I agree, instinctively, at least ONE of his teammates shoulda shout something and maybe they did but it didn't come through the braodcast....but just as equally instinctively, Balo shoulda known that that defender, if no other, was not going to give him all that space and time he thought he had.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: June 11, 2012, 12:50:56 PM »
Look how allyuh take poor Just Cool thread off track.

The man make ah thread about Balo's poor choice in International teams, allyuh change around to his poor choice in shooting.

www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 11, 2012, 12:55:49 PM »

The man make ah thread about Balo's poor choice in International teams, allyuh change around to his poor choice in shooting.

We rescue de tread fuh him and still willin' to give him de credit fuh comin' up with the right heading.  ;D

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: June 11, 2012, 01:19:06 PM »

We rescue de tread fuh him and still willin' to give him de credit fuh comin' up with the right heading.  ;D

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: June 11, 2012, 01:25:13 PM »
Whoever defending Balotelli miss yesterday just feelin' sorry for him.  He do sh*t - full stop.  No way you supposed to let the defender come back on yuh on that play...Have a shot at goal, try to square it (Cassano was in the middle)... do something - if it eh come off, ah well... it happens - it was not a sure goal....but it was a good opportunity to force casillas into a save and he did crap...full stop.

That said, he was ok throughout the rest of the game - his yellow was harsh in my opinion, and I do think he's a target...but the nature of that miss was not really excusable.

p.s. what's the fuss about him beating up the turf... I don't see that as being the ref's business... That was not the first time I see a player beat the turf in frustration.

No one is defending Ballos here, but the funny thing is..........no one is mentioning the performance of Fernando Torres.....who had three chances to win the game for Spain. 

In fact, a couple commentators praised Torres for making the runs and getting into those postions, but in the same breath, they crying down ballos, lol.

i agree that Ballos should have shown more urgency, but it wasnt as horrendous as it is being made out to be.
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline kicker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: June 11, 2012, 02:55:44 PM »
Yeah Andre for real - I made that point about Torres in another thread - way too much lingering on Balotelli - time to move on. 
Live life 90 minutes at a time....Football is life.......

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: June 11, 2012, 03:06:59 PM »

On this level yuh doh need eyes in de back ah yuh head to know that if you nip the ball from a defender in his final third that he coming back hard to win it back in that situation.

No one is defending Ballos here, but the funny thing is..........no one is mentioning the performance of Fernando Torres.....who had three chances to win the game for Spain. 

In fact, a couple commentators praised Torres for making the runs and getting into those postions, but in the same breath, they crying down ballos, lol.

i agree that Ballos should have shown more urgency, but it wasnt as horrendous as it is being made out to be.

What stopping yuh from making ah thread about Torres?
« Last Edit: June 11, 2012, 03:09:39 PM by Bakes »

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: June 11, 2012, 05:33:23 PM »
This look boss though...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/700BUy6N4X0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/700BUy6N4X0</a>

Yeah boy....dais control..... :o :o  De commentator said some of the Spanish fans applauded it.....
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Fantastic

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: June 11, 2012, 07:14:16 PM »

Elan.....once you have any angular approach to a goal you are ALWAYS supposed to shoot across the GK's body and put it last post.  Casillas did a poor job of covering his goal, he was supposed to have come out a couple more feet against balo (and he didn't quite do his legendary status any favours on the goal he conceded either) so I wouldn't study too much what you think Casillas was attempting to do.  to me, he was setting himself up for failure, Balotelli spit the bit and didn't use the chance he earned for himself.  Furthermore, the only man close enough to Balotelli for a tap-in wasn't close enough to the goal for a tap-in.  Balo was supposed to plant that ball in the back of the net.

We gonna have to disagree, because I believe Casillas actually did well in that situation. What stopped him from coming out further was that Ballotelli slowed down immensely after charging into the box. If Casillas had come further out then he could have gotten chipped or make the first post available. The ball on the foot of the player will keep the keeper from moving forward.

There are no MUST in soccer, there is shooting at goal and then there is finishing, Ballotelli would have had a shot, but he would not have finished.

I also think that Casillas did well in the situation.. Not always you have to come storming off your line in a 1 v 1 situation... Staying put as Casillas did limited Balotelli to one option, which is to shoot for the far post. If he had committed, Balotelli would have had 3 or 4 options, shoot far post, round the keeper, shoot through legs.... and even possibly a chip.

If you look at the replay, it seems that Balotelli is actually waiting for Casillas to commit to then decide what to do, and when that never happened he look like a deer in the headlights. I think staying at home  put him off.

to answer both of you, in a one-on-one situation, you are suppose to match the attacker's speed so I am not suggesting that he shoulda  come rushing out at Balo, but he still left him too much far post to shoot at and the only 2 ways tp make up for that was for him to shift to his right....and compromise his first post as well....or take a couple steps forward.  That move may have put balotelli off, but against a more seasoned, composed and experienced striker, he was paying the price....or pulling off one HECK of a save like Buffon did yesterday.
Even if Casillas charged Balo, he would not have relinquished all them 3 or 4 options as you described, dinho, (1) going around him puts him to have to deal with all the defenders converging on him (2) I not sure that forwards really see shooting through a 'keeper's legs as a viable "option".  It's just something that happens when they make a poor choice of shooting straight at him and (3) the only way Balo was chipping that ball at an onrushing Casillas was if he made himself small....like he did when Di Natale scored.

Plenty shit yuh talk here Mr. Chow. Obviously yuh wasn't a forward or for that case a goalkeeper
Doh loss yuh head boss

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: June 11, 2012, 07:31:45 PM »
WTF is alyuh fascination with this man, stueps. Merge this thread with the Ballotelli thread please , 2 forking pages.  :banginghead:
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: June 11, 2012, 07:33:17 PM »
This look boss though...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/700BUy6N4X0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/700BUy6N4X0</a>

:o :o
Youtube Channel

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: June 11, 2012, 07:45:35 PM »
DHW, yuh looking like yuh 'fascinated'. Haha
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: June 11, 2012, 07:52:23 PM »
Yes i get side track right after i made the post.  :'(
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: June 12, 2012, 07:13:57 AM »

Plenty shit yuh talk here Mr. Chow. Obviously yuh wasn't a forward or for that case a goalkeeper

If yuh had more to offer by way of meaningful debate and sensible rebuttal ah mighta wait up and read wha yuh had to say.  But ah know fuh a fact yuh cyah point out nutting or prove meh wrong wit a ball so ah goin' and sleep until de next setta games tthat interest meh.  WWashed-up has-beens like you doh hold my interest and yuh cyah teach nobody nutting.

1]; } ?>