April 25, 2024, 11:14:21 PM

Author Topic: SYRE- Bluetooth iPod Nano watch case  (Read 1932 times)

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
SYRE- Bluetooth iPod Nano watch case
« on: June 13, 2012, 07:05:34 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/drrrEjzJLI8" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/drrrEjzJLI8</a>

Cool gadget for those of you who want to incorporate your nano with your workouts.  Anye is a pardna of mine, but aside from that, we need more black folks involved technology. They out in Silicone Valley trying to get their product out, so please share on your FB pages.

P.S. Mods feel free to move after a couple days (if this isn't the right forum for it).

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: SYRE- Bluetooth iPod Nano watch case
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 08:58:29 PM »
Nice product. Hope it works out for him.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:14:12 PM »
It really is... I sync my Nike+ to an iPod Touch instead, so I can't use it myself, but if I had a Nano I'd definitely get it.  The Nike+ sensor sends info about your workout to your iPod device to help you design, monitor and track your workout.  The Touch fits into a sleeve on my arm so it's not too bad that I have the earphone wires connected to it, but it I had to connect those wires all the way to my wrist that would be a pain.  So the fact that the music and data is beamed via Bluetooth to your headphones, I think will allow this product to take off.  Hopefully it won't be undercut by cheap knock offs from China.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:51:13 PM »
I'm wondering if there are adaptions that can be made so that an athletes stats can be sent via bluetooth to a physio or a laptop to record split times, monitor heart rate etc? I have seen similar technology in England, but that involves attaching sensors to the body. This could simply be passed from one athlete to another? Something to think about?

Offline E-man

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Support all Warriors. Red, White and Blacklisted.
    • View Profile
    • T&T Football History
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 10:36:11 PM »
Lake Merritt! Used to run around that every morning when I lived in the area one summer. My boss and his wife have some kind of strap for their nano, not sure if it's this one or not. I'll have to ask. Don't use a nano myself though.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 10:59:54 PM »
Lake Merritt! Used to run around that every morning when I lived in the area one summer. My boss and his wife have some kind of strap for their nano, not sure if it's this one or not. I'll have to ask. Don't use a nano myself though.

That's actually my biggest concern for them, not sure how well Nano sales are relative to the other iPods.  But I don't know of another Bluetooth product similar to this, so that certainly gives them a leg up on the competition.

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
Not sure how strong nano sales are, but if I were to guess, I'd say it's very low and I won't be surprised if it's retired very soon by apple. There hasn't been an update since 2009 and that's a bit strange for Apple.

Did he try Shark Tank at all?

You're spot on with the China concern. In 2009 when Apple announced they were coming out with the nano (launch date mentioned, but I don't recall), I remember there were "nano" on sale a few days before on dhgate and other Chinese websites.. thing is, their info was wrong and it was nothing like the real nano (theirs was like a mini iphone) which apple released days after. 2 days later the internet was flooded with Chinese copies.

Re: we need more black folks involved technology. Very true.. wish him all the best.

1]; } ?>