July 12, 2024, 06:57:11 PM

Author Topic: TTFF coaches go unpaid as Sport Ministry shrugs  (Read 1684 times)

Offline SWF Reporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
TTFF coaches go unpaid as Sport Ministry shrugs
« on: June 13, 2012, 09:26:52 PM »
TTFF coaches go unpaid as Sport Ministry shrugs
… Harford blames Warner’s influence for gov’t snub
By Lasana Liburd (Wired868).

The Trinidad and Tobago Football Federation’s (TTFF) coaches are going unpaid and its debts are mounting as the Sport Ministry’s recent apparent indifference to the local football body threatens to create a crisis within the nation’s most popular sport.

Anthony Harford, chairman of the TTFF’s marketing firm All Sport Promotion, claimed that he submitted an invoice for $3.4 million to the Sport Ministry on 23 May 2012, which was meant to cover expenditure for the men’s Olympic team and women’s Under-17 team. The men’s and women’s teams competed in March and May respectively.

A further budget of $1.1 million was given to the Sport Ministry to take the Under-17 and Under-20 boys’ teams through their respective Caribbean qualifying tournaments.

However, according to Harford, Sport Minister Anil Roberts has not so much as responded to their hand-delivered letters much less fulfilled his alleged promise to the national youth teams.

Read More

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 03:04:22 AM by Flex »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
Re: TTFF coaches go unpaid as Sport Ministry shrugs
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2012, 09:44:18 PM »
"For now, the TTFF remains in a precarious position—shunned by FIFA, snubbed by the Government and its former Special Advisor, at odds with its past players and unable to pay its present employees."

Yes we in shit street right now
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2012, 09:51:16 PM »
"For now, the TTFF remains in a precarious position—shunned by FIFA, snubbed by the Government and its former Special Advisor, at odds with its past players and unable to pay its present employees."

ah was in deep sleep and ah get up dotish,dotish. btw, base on yuh comments who tuh blame?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2012, 09:54:11 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2012, 09:58:09 PM »
If this had been last year, I would have said that FIFA would soon reinstate their funding. However, unless Jack provided absolute proof of the Haiti payment, they may play hardball. The link between TTFF and their Special Adviser may have been tenuous, but there was never any doubt that Jack was in charge.

As much as I have no sympathy for those who allowed these events to happen, the current crop of players and coaches -and AllSport - should be paid.

The concept of non political interference as promoted by FIFA is really pointless. Non payment of promised funds is just as much political interference as disbanding a failing football federation or installing a new administration. At least the latter is proactive.

TTFF are just fiddling while T&T football crashes and burns.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 13, 2012, 11:34:54 PM »

ah was in deep sleep and ah get up dotish,dotish. btw, base on yuh comments who tuh blame?

Classic  :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: Just classic
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2012, 11:52:20 PM »
Coop's need to tell teach these fellas how to play and coach for thanks and go home and let that thanks full yuh family belly.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2012, 02:02:32 AM »
Nah man, dey give 80 million dollars to Warner.

Just ask him for some of it.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2012, 03:38:04 AM »
So Anton, Charles, Eve, Gorden, King, Rougier, Marcelle, McComie, Puellard, Fuentes and Watson eh get paid ?

Then allyuh leave nah. !!! I dare you...

Still them bastards will not leave.

It good....

We hearing this cry over 20 years now and still man surprise.

It hard to believe men so scared/faithfull to Jack Warner. Imagine he could get de MOS to blank them and still they will not go againt him or stand up.

They even taking jail for him.

We loosing in every tournament and we dont hAve a solid future plan for football, do you really expect to get funds ? especially since it could end up in somebody's pocket ?

Why should the corporate sector support T&T football ? give me one good reason !!

Harford begging for help, but what is he doing to show things on the up ?

If I was a sponsor, why would I support T&T football when they continuing to make the SAME mistakes and walk down the same road (failure).... why ?

Harford and Corneal need to should improvement first, nobody wants to invest in something DEAD or give they money to crooks.

« Last Edit: June 14, 2012, 06:03:35 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Brownsugar

• Hero Warrior
  • Soca in mih veins, Soca in mih blood!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2012, 05:08:08 AM »
Let me pre-empt Big Magician.....

It good for we!!! 

There is a petition running on this site for nearly 8 months now to get rid of these clowns and its struggling to reach 500 signatures.  Let all ah dem, de clubs, the players, the coaches, the owners, referees, Groden and Scamps  whoe breaksing for Jackula, the fans, let all ah dem take dat!!!!

Mih eh sorry one bit!!!!
"...If yuh clothes tear up
Or yuh shoes burst off,
You could still jump up when music play.
Old lady, young baby, everybody could dingolay...
Dingolay, ay, ay, ay ay,
Dingolay ay, ay, ay..."

RIP Shadow....The legend will live on in music...

Offline Coop's

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2012, 05:41:43 AM »
Coop's need to tell teach these fellas how to play and coach for thanks and go home and let that thanks full yuh family belly.
      Breds all these guys are big men,they don't need my advice or anyones advice to tell what they should do,if they not getting paid it simple just leave the job,i walked away from T&T Football since 1989 and have not returned to this day,i am not annoyed with anybody i just thought that i had reached the limits of where i could go,everybody in Football is still my friends,the game has done a lot for me it's my reason i'm still involved with it.
       In our Football you have to learn to live with the good and bad and i must say i've experienced both and glad to say the good times outweighed what ever deficiencies there were,i can't let Football be the be all and end all for me if something not working for you just move on.What sad is to see what Football has come to in the country all because of this present generation of players,Football never depended on government to fund it as they are doing now,everybody feels they know all the answers and can run Football,Football in T&T will get worse before it gets better.   

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2012, 09:06:01 AM »
From one unprofessional and highly inefficient organization to the next: "Go f#@k yourself"
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

1]; } ?>