March 28, 2024, 03:14:48 AM

Author Topic: Lakers Thread  (Read 45527 times)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lakers Thread
« on: June 15, 2012, 07:23:09 AM »
Should have started this a few years ago when we won titles  ;D  anyway, for the LA fans, who you want to see in the mix next season and for whom?  KG is a free agent, a little older but I think he would be a good addition if he wants to come to LA in place of Pau. 

Is Aaron Brooks a free agent?  Would like to see him in the mix at the point, not really sold on Sessions.

During the off season Kareem needs to work w/Bynum some more, he still missing some umph
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lakers Thread
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »
If we can get Aaron Brooks and James Harden we will be legit! They could take anybody with the exception of Kobe and Bynum....and maybe Hill, he has potential.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, 05:31:05 PM »
All yuh good oui. I had enuff of Bynum and d spaniard.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 15, 2012, 06:03:58 PM »

Nah man Weary, Bynum have what it takes to be a franchise player or at least supporting co-star, but yeah, de Spaniard ha to go, dey never put de south central baddest on him, so he's a lorse cause

Soccerman yuh wha Harden,  :rotfl:, OKC not breakin up dat team, dey good to go.
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, 10:28:39 PM »

Nah man Weary, Bynum have what it takes to be a franchise player or at least supporting co-star, but yeah, de Spaniard ha to go, dey never put de south central baddest on him, so he's a lorse cause

Soccerman yuh wha Harden,  :rotfl:, OKC not breakin up dat team, dey good to go.

Just neva was into Bynum.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2012, 12:00:06 AM »
If we can get Aaron Brooks and James Harden we will be legit! They could take anybody with the exception of Kobe and Bynum....and maybe Hill, he has potential.
u tink harden leavin OKC.thunder have more potential in years to come than LA.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2012, 05:31:59 PM »
u tink harden leavin OKC.thunder have more potential in years to come than LA.

Dreams are free why nt have  big 1.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 06, 2012, 09:44:20 AM »
Nobody ain post nutten bout that Steve Nash trade yet ;D If he stays healthy, we might stand a damn good chance but I still think we need one more explosive type player to keep up with dem OKC players.

One another note ah see de Knicks pick up Kidd to mentor Lin dey say, now they hadda try and keep Lin from going to Houston.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 09, 2012, 11:10:54 PM »
We land Dwight :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Blocks and rebounds, that's the main thing we want

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 10, 2012, 06:18:32 AM »
Serious?  Been so engrossed in the olympics did not see this.  Interesting, personally don't think the performance gap at center between Dwight and Bynum is our biggest concern to motivate a Dwight trade, I think we have a bigger gap with the other twin tower

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 10, 2012, 07:14:47 PM »
Yep Olimpics kind of kept this in the background. So now is earthquate in the Staple center. Orlando just can't keep superstars, sorry for them. But I think it is the right thing to do. The impasse with the Magic management was becoming a next LeBron episode. Well we will see was KD and the Thunder are made of. Boy imagine if DH was on the US Olimpic team. Maaannn!

Dumplingdinho

« Reply #11 on: August 10, 2012, 09:09:20 PM »
We land Dwight :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel:

Blocks and rebounds, that's the main thing we want

still licks for allyuh next season.... ;D

seriously lakers could a make a strong run for the next 2 seasons.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 10, 2012, 09:42:00 PM »
Capo, whey yuh?  ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 11, 2012, 11:40:30 AM »
old man kobe need all de help he could get....still he eh gettin no more ring
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 11, 2012, 12:07:14 PM »

wha iz yuh wager?

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: August 17, 2012, 12:57:24 PM »

wha iz yuh wager?

ah willin to bet Kobe wife...since she gorne on record saying she does only deal wit champions

look like Kevin Durant getting a outside wife nex year
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2012, 07:50:12 PM »

Yuh see hoss, Harden gone to Houston as he rejected the $55.5 mil deal OKC offered him. I knew it would've been hard for them to keep him with the current CBA when they signed Durrant and Westbrook to blockbuster deals.

The sad thing is Houston only paying him $60 mil, I figured he could've made that with endorsements and such at OKC as they'll be a contender for years to come but I guess he wants to blaze his own trail. Hope this moves works out for him :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 30, 2012, 11:23:34 PM »
We have some work to do, still need to gel....allowed Mavs to dictate the pace of the game and it cost us

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 01, 2012, 12:27:00 AM »
Allyuh like playing generous hosts or what... or de defense still in pre-season?

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 01, 2012, 01:22:21 AM »
Mike Brown is ah shyt coach....all he good for is eating sunflower seeds.
If Phil had this team they would run through the west with the only possible obstacles being OKC and San Antonio.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 01, 2012, 09:00:02 AM »
Ahrite, ah late, was pre-occupied w/other stuff

Soccerman, hard luck on Harden, yuh was rite, I was wrong, in de end dollars talk.

As for this pre-season game vs Dallas, ah hear we was absent.  No seen, ah geh a tweet from Kobe after sayin there minds was on de east coast, so again, no seen, all yuh leave meh side alone, we still need to gel wid all de new additions.

Futbolfan, yuh rite, I eh no big Mike Brown fan, so if at de end ah dis season we doh challenge, Kupchak bette show him de door

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2012, 09:59:28 AM »
We started 0-2 last year as well so I'm not too worried since we have 80 games to play. Was Nash firgure out how to orchestrate this offense and making passing to players in the spots they like, we go be rolling. I'm giving them until Feb or so to get everything sorted out, once we balling after de all-star break we go be legit!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: November 02, 2012, 09:04:46 AM »
Tell dem nah soccerman, we comin strong!  BTW, yuh handle real funny when yuh say it fast in trini fashion :rotfl:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: November 02, 2012, 10:30:41 AM »
Tell dem nah soccerman, we comin strong!  BTW, yuh handle real funny when yuh say it fast in trini fashion :rotfl:
Dias de ketch dey ;D

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2012, 09:14:07 AM »
Kobe say is time tuh panic... Christmas might bring coal fuh Mike Brown.

Offline sinned

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2012, 06:11:18 PM »
Lakers will be fine... as long as they fire Mike Brown.

Mike Brown on Nash running same pick-and-roll offense he did in PHX. "They won a lot of games. It was fun to watch. Where were they in May?"
https://twitter.com/ArashMarkazi/status/264157546464555008

Umm... Mike Brown, Phoenix's offense wasn't the problem... Where's your ring anyway?

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2012, 04:02:04 PM »
I having this same dialogue with a few clowns on FB... this whole "fire Mike Brown" talk.  Firing Mike Brown wouldn't improve the defense, wouldn't make the bench stronger and wouldn't make Kobe, Gasol, and Nash younger... and most importantly, wouldn't make Howard back better.  But it will make a bunch of people happy... and I guess happiness counts more than eventual results.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 09, 2012, 12:13:44 PM »
I having this same dialogue with a few clowns on FB... this whole "fire Mike Brown" talk.  Firing Mike Brown wouldn't improve the defense, wouldn't make the bench stronger and wouldn't make Kobe, Gasol, and Nash younger... and most importantly, wouldn't make Howard back better.  But it will make a bunch of people happy... and I guess happiness counts more than eventual results.

ah just hear ah rumor that Mike Brown get the axe....
after he received the dreaded vote of confidence from management, I knew the writing was pretty much on the wall...
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 09, 2012, 12:47:52 PM »
Yea we ain waste time atal...

Lakers fire coach Mike Brown

By Marc J. Spears and Adrian Wojnarowski | Yahoo! Sports –

After losing four of five games to start the season, the Los Angeles Lakers fired coach Mike Brown on Friday.

Brown's agent, Warren LeGarie confirmed the firing, saying Brown had informed him of his dismissal.

It is unclear whether the organization will make a run at bringing back Phil Jackson, but one candidate prominently being discussed as a long-term possibility: Mike D'Antoni.

D'Antoni has been without a job since leaving the New York Knicks in 2011. D'Antoni had knee replacement surgery in the past couple weeks and not yet on his feet. Would still need time to rehabilitate before he could go back to work.

Indiana Pacers assistant Brian Shaw also could become a candidate – though that's a dicier proposition, given the acrimony that ensued between the Lakers front office and Shaw after the team chose to replace Jackson with Brown over Shaw.

USA Today first reported Brown's firing.

In conversations held over the previous two days, Brown made a case to management that he could get the Lakers into championship contention, sources said.

Lakers ownership made clear that buying out the remaining three years on Brown's original $18 million four year contract wasn't an obstacle to making a coaching change.

Within the organization, there was a sense that Brown has frayed his connection to the locker room with long practices and game-day shootarounds, sources said. Brown began to address that issue recently with shortened sessions.

The irony is that Jerry Buss' son who runs the day-to-day operations of the franchise, Jim – and not Lakers general manager Mitch Kupchak – was the primary advocate in the hiring of Brown and the firing of him. Kupchak was partial to Rick Adelman as a replacement, sources said. Nevertheless, the Buss family lost patience with the team's sluggish start to the Princeton offense, and didn't accept the excuses of a weak bench with such a star-studded starting five of Kobe Bryant, Pau Gasol, Dwight Howard and Steve Nash.

Nash is sitting out with a broken bone in his foot, and won't return to the lineup until later this month.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: November 09, 2012, 08:02:17 PM »
Fans love the move... most basketball people (at least those who are commenting publicly) panning the move.  Brown is very well-respected and many don't like what went down, but is Buss and dem ball.

1]; } ?>