March 28, 2024, 03:32:48 PM

Author Topic: Lakers Thread  (Read 45540 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lakers Thread
« Reply #90 on: March 15, 2013, 05:48:30 PM »
ah hear kobe break he ankle,he out fuh 6 months. :joker:
Kobe started tonight...tru warrior!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: March 15, 2013, 08:07:39 PM »
Only play de 1st qtr tonite and we still pull thru at Indiana.  I fully expect him to play on Sunday and next week de Spaniard back.  Hopefully he spent some time in south central recovering from injury
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #92 on: March 31, 2013, 04:42:46 PM »
What an achievement another Laker                              Kobe ( The Black Mamba) Bryant
is fourth on all time NBA scoring list. Next milestone is to pass Michael Jordan. I am saying with pride.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_National_Basketball_Association_career_scoring_leaders
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: April 11, 2013, 02:58:11 PM »
Who say we making de playoffs??? And watch capo come wid some shit lol

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: April 11, 2013, 09:38:05 PM »
cyar stop we.  "hey Lebron, have you seen my 5 championship rings, lol"
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: April 12, 2013, 10:35:00 PM »
cyar stop we.  "hey Lebron, have you seen my 5 championship rings, lol"
he have 2 de first 3 is shaq's own
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #96 on: April 13, 2013, 12:40:42 AM »
D'antoni so Desperate to win and prove everybody wrong, he ran the classic benz into the ground and blew up the engine.
 :pissedoff: :'( :frustrated: :cursing: :( >:( :bs: :banginghead:
« Last Edit: April 13, 2013, 12:43:58 AM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: April 13, 2013, 02:08:18 AM »
I Hope that it is nothing serious, because to lose him now would be travesty to both the Lakers and the NBA.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

giggsy11

« Reply #98 on: April 13, 2013, 09:49:18 AM »
I Hope that it is nothing serious, because to lose him now would be travesty to both the Lakers and the NBA.

Achilles-possibly season and career ending.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: April 13, 2013, 10:01:07 AM »

Achilles-possibly season and career ending.

Yup....it looks like he could be out till sometime next season from by all accounts. Lakers couldn't get a break this season, someone is always getting hurt.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #100 on: April 13, 2013, 07:11:17 PM »
ABC7

Kobe Bryant underwent surgery today on his torn Achilles tendon, ending the season for the LA Lakers star.

The 34-year-old star took to Facebook early today to vent his frustration over the injury:

"Do I have the consistent will to overcome this thing? Maybe I should break out the rocking chair and reminisce on the career that was. Maybe this is how my book ends. Maybe Father Time has defeated me… Then again maybe not!"

Teammates and coaches say Bryant is determined to return quickly from the biggest injury of his career.

ABC7 reporter Amy Powell will be live in downtown Los Angeles with reactions from fans on Eyewitness News at 4pm.

Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: April 13, 2013, 08:31:46 PM »
He done. I would not risk playing on that again at his age. But say what im not a doctor.
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

giggsy11

« Reply #102 on: April 13, 2013, 09:01:04 PM »
From what I have heard it is a difficult injury for a basketball player to comeback from, especially an older player.  Kobe have an old arse body, lot of wear and tear!

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: April 14, 2013, 12:48:11 AM »
well well well,this is how de cookie crumble...no more bball fuh kobe.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: April 14, 2013, 07:28:18 PM »
he'll be back next season, now whether or not that makes sense is up to debate.  But rest assured he'll be back, barring some life changing/mirage appearing experience and no, this injury does not really qualify as life changing (for this guy)

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #105 on: April 15, 2013, 05:06:38 AM »
Wow, we beat Spurs w/o KB yes, truly shocked, well done lads

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: April 15, 2013, 10:58:09 AM »
Wow, we beat Spurs w/o KB yes, truly shocked, well done lads

You eh hear the threat Magic made against d big fella who should have remained in Orlando. he say take us to the playoffs and we will give u d big contract. Howard a total waste. Take us to the playoffs but still show him him the door.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: April 17, 2013, 08:59:40 PM »
Jazz, lose, no matter what happens tonight against Houston we lock up de 8th seed.  If DH wants to be considered a franchise player he should really try and step up against the thunder.  You can smile off the court, on the court you need to be a beast, step up Dwight!

Edit: we beat Houston into 7th place, bring on SA
« Last Edit: April 18, 2013, 08:23:19 AM by 100% Barataria »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: April 18, 2013, 01:15:01 PM »
Jazz, lose, no matter what happens tonight against Houston we lock up de 8th seed.  If DH wants to be considered a franchise player he should really try and step up against the thunder.  You can smile off the court, on the court you need to be a beast, step up Dwight!

Edit: we beat Houston into 7th place, bring on SA

April 18, 2013, 9:19am

Lakers Coach Mike D'Antoni will be back next season, General Manager Mitch Kupchak said Wednesday.

"Yeah, he's back. I think he's done a great job," Kupchak told The Los Angeles Times. "There's been no discussions otherwise.

"He's made adjustments. He's been flexible. He's evaluated how he coaches as the season's progressed. He's listened to the players. He's very easy to work with and we think in particular since the meeting the day of the Memphis game, yeah."

D'Antoni is 40-32 since taking over as the Lakers' coach, though the Lakers are 28-12 since the day after a team meeting called by D'Antoni in Memphis in January.

D'Antoni, 61, has two more guaranteed years for a total of $8 million. The Lakers also owe former coach Mike Brown about $6 million over the next two years. Brown was fired five games into this season.

The Lakers have remained patient with D'Antoni.

"Much has been made of the injuries, and the coaching change [in November] and no training camp, which is certainly a part of it," Kupchak said of their up-and-down season.

"It takes a while. You're in New York coaching and you see the Lakers once or twice a year, you don't know the personnel. And the injury situation when he got here, Steve Nash had the broken leg. There's just too much going on to really look at it any other way."

D'Antoni resigned from the New York Knicks toward the end of last season.

Kobe odds
Gambling website Bovada doesn't think Kobe Bryant will return in time for the Lakers' season opener in the fall.

The site was offering 3-to-1 odds he would be back in time and 1-to-5 odds he would not return for the season opener, which usually occurs near Oct. 31.

Bryant is out at least six to nine months because of a torn left Achilles' tendon.

Bovada also established two interesting over-unders for Bryant next season — games played (54.5) and scoring average (22.5). He played 78 games this season and averaged 27.3 points.

-Mike Bresnahan

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: April 20, 2013, 01:41:35 PM »
We make de 7th seed vs the Spurs :whew: Stand a better chance than playing OKC

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: July 05, 2013, 06:56:00 AM »
Things possibly getting from bad to wusss....
If Howard leaves and all signs point to him departing, who will LA depend on until Kobe gets healthy....
Also, this maybe the first time that I recall in Laker history, that a superstar is bolting from the Staples Center to ply his trade elsewhere.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: July 05, 2013, 08:00:40 AM »
If Howard leaves and all signs point to him departing, who will LA depend on until Kobe gets healthy....
Also, this maybe the first time that I recall in Laker history, that a superstar is bolting from the Staples Center to ply his trade elsewhere.

Superstar is really a misused word.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: July 05, 2013, 09:08:59 AM »
Fuh real, Dwight has immense talent but is yet to realize his potential. Seems mental to me

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 05, 2013, 10:32:20 AM »
Fuh real, Dwight has immense talent but is yet to realize his potential. Seems mental to me
Totally agree...He supposedly slighted because Kobe want to teach him how to win...Stupesssss

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: July 05, 2013, 10:34:23 AM »

Oh gorm, you and weary face de truth nah....is de poison in de lakers dat killin de vibes :devil:

So far de poison run:
Shaq
He Parents
Mailman Malone
Howard
De aussie swimmer
All future championships banners
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: July 05, 2013, 10:35:12 AM »

Superstar is really a misused word.

I think you still upset because yuh Celtics had a fire sale... ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 05, 2013, 11:25:17 AM »

Oh gorm, you and weary face de truth nah....is de poison in de lakers dat killin de vibes :devil:

So far de poison run:
Shaq
He Parents
Mailman Malone
Howard
De aussie swimmer
All future championships banners
???

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 05, 2013, 03:52:32 PM »
Dutty is kix oui  :rotfl:  Dutty, yuh have to stop eating de stale crix, it startin to affect yuh ability to construct arguments  ;D

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: July 05, 2013, 04:51:51 PM »

He's off to the Rockets :peace:

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: July 05, 2013, 05:33:57 PM »
Totally agree...He supposedly slighted because Kobe want to teach him how to win...Stupesssss

Who wouldn't?  Personally I woulda tell Kobe about ten different ways to go fack himself.  Can Kobe teach him a better offensive system than D'Antoni's?  Can he teach him how to help his teammates play better?  Can he teach him how to heal his right shoulder?

1]; } ?>