March 28, 2024, 03:57:11 PM

Author Topic: Lakers Thread  (Read 45542 times)

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Lakers Thread
« Reply #120 on: July 05, 2013, 09:31:13 PM »
Things possibly getting from bad to wusss....
If Howard leaves and all signs point to him departing, who will LA depend on until Kobe gets healthy....
Also, this maybe the first time that I recall in Laker history, that a superstar is bolting from the Staples Center to ply his trade elsewhere.

Superstar is really a misused word.

I think you still upset because yuh Celtics had a fire sale... ;D

NAH I just sic of Howard a man have 5 rings and he say he want 2 teach u how 2 win and u upset then go Houston and win the championship. I never wanted him in LA so I eh crying he gone GOOD RIDDANCE
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: July 06, 2013, 04:33:29 AM »
Totally agree...He supposedly slighted because Kobe want to teach him how to win...Stupesssss

Who wouldn't?  Personally I woulda tell Kobe about ten different ways to go fack himself.  Can Kobe teach him a better offensive system than D'Antoni's?  Can he teach him how to help his teammates play better?  Can he teach him how to heal his right shoulder?

LoL...Kobe is not one to mince words, so I understand what he is trying to say but with his usual arrogance, it just come out bad.
I think D'Antoni had a big part in his decision because his offense is not 'big man' friendly. But if he went to the owners and ask for D'Antoni's removal, he would have had the coach killer stigma attached to his name.
The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: July 06, 2013, 04:34:41 AM »
Things possibly getting from bad to wusss....
If Howard leaves and all signs point to him departing, who will LA depend on until Kobe gets healthy....
Also, this maybe the first time that I recall in Laker history, that a superstar is bolting from the Staples Center to ply his trade elsewhere.

Superstar is really a misused word.

I think you still upset because yuh Celtics had a fire sale... ;D

NAH I just sic of Howard a man have 5 rings and he say he want 2 teach u how 2 win and u upset then go Houston and win the championship. I never wanted him in LA so I eh crying he gone GOOD RIDDANCE

Kobe's intentions were sincere but the delivery was poor.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: July 06, 2013, 05:34:18 AM »
Lord if that was Labron, the press would have killed him. Howard remind me of Dion Sanders, Terrell Owens, Ochocinco.  But look the was not happy at LA and he bolt. LA don't have what it takes to keep him there. Maybe he will find his true "love" in Houston. Man that will be action in the West next season.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #124 on: July 06, 2013, 06:11:48 PM »
As far back as i can remember within recent times all big men that went to the Rockets end up under-performing and fade away.
« Last Edit: July 06, 2013, 06:13:27 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: July 06, 2013, 07:38:17 PM »
As far back as i can remember within recent times all big men that went to the Rockets end up under-performing and fade away.

A curious comment.  First off there haven't been that many big men of note... secondly those who went to Houston who were of note actually played well:  Yao Ming, Dikembe Mutombo (as Yao's backup), Omer Asik last season... setting career highs in every category but FG %.  Maybe you meant the Comets...

Offline futbolfan

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: July 17, 2013, 11:50:53 AM »
Lakers eyeing Melo, LeBron

The Los Angeles Lakers, whose plan to re-sign center Dwight Howard did not pan out this offseason, are poised to rebuild fast by focusing on the two biggest free agents of 2014 -- LeBron James and Carmelo Anthony, front-office sources have told ESPN.

• EnlargeLeBron James and Carmelo Anthony

Nathaniel S. Butler/Getty ImagesThe Lakers would be able to immediately rebuild by adding LeBron James, left, and Carmelo Anthony in the same free-agent haul in 2014.

Opinions are split on whether the Lakers can actually land James or Anthony, with one source calling it "realistic" and another saying it was "far-fetched at this point." Nonetheless, the Lakers have made it clear they are positioning themselves for a run at one and perhaps even two of the superstars who could become free agents in 2014 by refusing to commit to any contract past this next season, multiple sources have said.

Dwyane Wade, Amare Stoudemire and Chris Bosh also have early-termination options on the five-year deals they signed in the summer of 2010. Luol Deng, Danny Granger, Andrew Bogut and Dirk Nowitzki will be unrestricted free agents next summer.

James, of course, is the biggest prize. But unlike in 2009, when James' free-agency options the following summer were on his mind, sources have told ESPN that James isn't even considering his 2014 decision yet.

"It's all wishful thinking at this point," a league source with knowledge of the situation told ESPN. "Teams are doing more wishing than LeBron is wanting right now.

"It's not about where LeBron wants to go [to win]. He already has two rings. If LeBron moved to Reno, teams would come to him."

Anthony's plans also remain unclear for next summer, but one source close to the situation told ESPN that it would "make sense" for him to exercise the early-termination option on his contract after next season to become a free agent and secure either a four- or five-year extension.

Basking in the glow of a second title, James recently completed a Nike camp in Las Vegas and has a promotional tour planned to the Philippines and China. Then he will turn his focus to his wedding, which is planned for September in San Diego.

More on the Lakers

For more news, notes and analysis of the Lakers, check out the Lakers Index. Blog

James likely will not seriously look at his choices until the end of next season. At that time, he is expected to use the same guiding principles as he did back in 2010: the talent on the prospective rosters and the chances they can lead to multiple chances at championships. Three years ago, teams chasing James like the New York Knicks and the then-New Jersey Nets were pitching the idea of pairing him with a second star.

The Heat ultimately won James' services largely because they were the only team that was able to put him next to two stars with Wade and Bosh. James likely would be looking for a similar set of circumstances, which is why he's currently happy in Miami.

That makes it a challenge to handicap the Lakers' chances because their roster after this season is mostly a blank slate at this point. There's nothing to sell to James yet. Not even Kobe Bryant, who is in the final year of his contract, is guaranteed to be in the fold.

Bryant told ESPN last week that said that he wants to play at least two or three more seasons, but since there have not yet been any extension talks with the Lakers as he recovers from a ruptured Achilles tendon, it's pointless to talk about what he'd be willing to play for.

Bryant will be the highest-paid player in the league next season with a $30.5 million salary. For the Lakers to maintain enough room to pursue two max-level free agents, he'd need to play for quite a bit less.

"As a businessman the goal is always to not take a pay cut," Bryant said. "But ..."

Bryant told ESPNLosAngeles.com's Dave McMenamin last week that he intends to be involved in the Lakers' recruiting efforts for 2014 and is looped into the team's decision-making.

"It's an open conversation, via text and also meeting in person and just picking up the phone and calling," Bryant said of his involvement. "They've kept me in the loop pretty well."

If Howard had re-signed with the Lakers, the team would have had room to make a run at only one player next summer and sign him to a maximum-level contract. Now that he's gone, the Lakers have only Steve Nash ($9.7 million) and Robert Sacre ($915,243) on the books for 2014-15, leaving them with enough space to make a run at two max-level players.

The new collective bargaining agreement would allow the Lakers to waive Nash in the final year of his contract and "stretch" that $9.7 million out over three years, meaning only $3.2 million would count against their 2014-15 salary cap. So even if Bryant extends his contract for another couple of seasons, at between $10-15 million per season, the Lakers still theoretically would have enough room to pursue two max-level players.

ESPN.com

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: July 17, 2013, 03:28:57 PM »
Why would Lebron leave Miami?  Also cannot see him meshing well w/KB, mainly b/c of KB.  I think Melo and KB would mesh well though given their relationship.  Next year is real sour grapes fuh LA w/o landing some big names though
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: July 18, 2013, 10:23:23 AM »
Why would Lebron leave Miami?  Also cannot see him meshing well w/KB, mainly b/c of KB.  I think Melo and KB would mesh well though given their relationship.  Next year is real sour grapes fuh LA w/o landing some big names though

I nearly gave up my membership card when d Mailman became a Laker like they want me 2 Burn it if Lebron become a laker. I know is a wilderness period I willing to go through it.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: July 18, 2013, 11:30:59 AM »
I seriously doubt lebron or even Carmelo will join the Lakers next year. I say we shouldn't put in a significant amout of effort into those two and start looking at other free agents.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: July 18, 2013, 01:17:10 PM »
Del Harris ghost strikes again
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: July 18, 2013, 01:24:24 PM »
If everyone's healthy this year (when Kobe comes back) we can still be a decent team with the signings this summer of Nick Young, Jordan farmer and Chris Kaman. I think we can be competitive not in the top 3 but we can be a 5 seed or so.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: July 20, 2013, 08:10:30 AM »

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: October 27, 2013, 10:24:21 AM »
look like black mamba go b makin he debut bout xmas time........lakers go b lucky if they make playoffs this season.
soon ah go b ah lean mean bulling machine.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: October 27, 2013, 12:11:19 PM »
look like black mamba go b makin he debut bout xmas time........lakers go b lucky if they make playoffs this season.

:violin:

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: December 25, 2013, 08:52:18 AM »
like d'antoni starting to go senile.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: December 25, 2013, 10:19:06 AM »
Only Del Harris has him beat

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: December 31, 2013, 11:18:24 AM »
Ah seeing a new trade report for Gasol, sending him to Cleveland for Bynum. Bynum is currently banned by the Cavs from all team activities.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2014, 12:16:37 PM by soccerman »

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: January 02, 2014, 06:22:46 PM »
Ah seeing a new trade report for Gasol, sending him to Cleveland for Bynum. Bynum is currently banned by the Cavs from all team activities.

Bynum a total waste

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 10, 2014, 03:44:36 PM »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 10, 2014, 09:39:40 PM »
In a season w/little +ves, I'll take this one  :beermug:

http://blog.lakers.com/lakers/2014/03/10/meeks-career-day-leads-lakers-to-victory/

Another potential + from this season is we will get a high draft pick :beermug:

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: May 01, 2014, 10:35:42 PM »
Aaaaaamen, aaaaaamen, aaaaaaamen, amen, amen....everybody sing :applause:

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: May 02, 2014, 09:15:59 AM »

In Madea's voice HALLEUJAHHHHHH. D man have time resign b4 they give him d axe.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: May 02, 2014, 11:06:18 AM »

In Madea's voice HALLEUJAHHHHHH. D man have time resign b4 they give him d axe.

Smart move by him!! I wonder who we'll get though....I'm praying Doc Rivers jump ship and come to the good side of LA :praying:

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: October 16, 2015, 07:53:57 AM »
Following wha going on with Lamar, hope he pull through

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: October 16, 2015, 10:47:35 AM »

Real sad. Hopes he pulls through.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: October 16, 2015, 11:07:05 AM »

Real sad. Hopes he pulls through.

That man has been in a state of depression ever since the Lakers let him go, I knew he had a rough upbringing but sad to see him like this. I too hopes he pulls through.

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 05, 2016, 04:15:57 PM »
2nd worse record so far.....looks like Kobe beef will be goin fishing early this year.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 05, 2016, 06:28:06 PM »
2nd worse record so far.....looks like Kobe beef will be goin fishing early this year.

Wha vibes capo? Right now we like de WI test and one day teams, we rebuilding  ;D

Offline capodetutticapi

• Hero Warrior
  • veni vidi vici
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 06, 2016, 11:05:49 PM »
Xmas come and gone,we ain't even knock a glass.

1]; } ?>