April 27, 2024, 08:43:14 PM

Author Topic: USA still doesn't get football; their loss  (Read 12812 times)

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: USA still doesn't get football; their loss
« Reply #60 on: June 19, 2012, 10:17:07 AM »
Just for Michael-J and Dutty.

Is dem dumb and ignorant Americans that gave the world
2. Lasers--
3 Satellites
48. de light bulbs in yuh damn house
9.  The Atom Bomb
10. The Sextant that the Fatel Razack use to bring allyuh foreparents to T&T
11heart
1619  The LED
20 Apple and Microsoft comes from where agin?
21  GPS so some ah allyuh could find allyuh ass and not mistake it for allyuh elbow

buh wuh trouble is dis,, how I geH rope in?...me eh attack yuh peoples mr reagan?

btw in the midst of yuh flag waving inventions list yuh fuhget to add in & out burger, oh and water and oxygen

Calm down pardna, I never used the word dumb. The word I used was ignorant. I didn’t mean they were ignorant of everything, ( in fact, it’s impossible for anyone to be ignorant of everything) I meant they are ignorant of/lack knowledge of issues unrelated to their own world or area of expertise.  It is all well and good for a scientist to be very knowledgeable about science, or a lawyer about the law, etc, but it is not unreasonable to expect such persons to also have some knowledge of the wider world ...and I don’t mean trivial details about some obscure topic; I mean international current events, world history, geography, etc...things that don’t require much effort to learn about.
Perhaps my mistake was singling out Americans as the only people guilty of this and for that I apologise...but I’m only basing my statements on my experiences.
Earlier this year I met this girl who recently went on a vacation to Barbados . I asked her how her vacation was and she said it was great but, “ I didn’t  know there were so many black people in the Caribbean !”  Guess where she was from   ::)

So what if she was from the US...I can ask simple questions to trinis and get IGNORANT answers...jes llok at some of de posters here...frico immediately comes to mind and he is trini living and using good air in London. 
[

So what if she was from the US...I can ask simple questions to trinis and get IGNORANT answers...jes llok at some of de posters here...frico immediately comes to mind and he is trini living and using good air in London. 

So what if she was from the US--------I'm just recalling one of my many experiences with "ignorant Americans"..

I can ask simple questions to trinis and get IGNORANT answers..--------------- Hence my apology for singling out any one nationality..

frico immediately comes to mind and he is trini living and using good air in London. ------------Not even gonna get involved there  :rotfl:

:beermug:

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 19, 2012, 11:04:49 AM »
[Now I don't want to split hairs with you here, but some of these can't really be deemed purely U.S. inventions, although in most cases, the US dollar certainly ensured that they moved from theories to actuality:

2. Einstein and Ladenburg (both Germans) were credited as completing the early research that was used to develop the laser.

48. Sir Joseph Wilson Swan (31 October 1828 – 27 May 1914) was a British physicist and chemist, most famous for the invention of the incandescent light bulb before its independent invention by the American Thomas Edison.

9. The Manhattan Project contained US, British and Canadian scientists. However the first credited research was carried out by the Curies (french)

10. Sir Isaac Newton (1643–1727) invented the principle of the doubly reflecting navigation instrument (a reflecting quadrant or Octant ), but never published it. Two men independently developed the octant around 1730: John Hadley (1682–1744), an English mathematician, and Thomas Godfrey (1704–1749), a glazier in Philadelphia. John Bird, an English mathmatical instument maker) made the first sextant in 1757.

Better examples would have been the impact on vehicle manufacturing on production lines by Ford, and, yes, the efficient design of fast food systems, primarily by Ray Kroc at McDonalds in the late 50's early 60's.

USA may not be inventors of everything, ---you is ah madman

whey yuh get dat info from, some left wing comunist blog?

doh try and tie up we head wit all dat setta propoganda,, de usa invent EVERYTING breds...everyting!!!...even trees and grass
de ress ah de worl juss jealous
ah goin and eat piece ah apple pie and lissen good music

:D
www.westindiantube.com

Check it out - it real bad!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 19, 2012, 11:11:05 AM »

2. Lasers--
3 Satellites
9.  The Atom Bomb
11heart
1619  The LED
21  GPS so some ah allyuh could find allyuh ass and not mistake it for allyuh elbow

buh wuh trouble is dis,, how I geH rope in?...me eh attack yuh peoples mr reagan?

btw in the midst of yuh flag waving inventions list yuh fuhget to add in & out burger, oh and water and oxygen

Now I don't want to split hairs with you here, but some of these can't really be deemed purely U.S. inventions, although in most cases, the US dollar certainly ensured that they moved from theories to actuality:

2. Einstein and Ladenburg (both Germans) were credited as completing the early research that was used to develop the laser.

48. Sir Joseph Wilson Swan (31 October 1828 – 27 May 1914) was a British physicist and chemist, most famous for the invention of the incandescent light bulb before its independent invention by the American Thomas Edison.

9. The Manhattan Project contained US, British and Canadian scientists. However the first credited research was carried out by the Curies (french)

10. Sir Isaac Newton (1643–1727) invented the principle of the doubly reflecting navigation instrument (a reflecting quadrant or Octant ), but never published it. Two men independently developed the octant around 1730: John Hadley (1682–1744), an English mathematician, and Thomas Godfrey (1704–1749), a glazier in Philadelphia. John Bird, an English mathmatical instument maker) made the first sextant in 1757.

Better examples would have been the impact on vehicle manufacturing on production lines by Ford, and, yes, the efficient design of fast food systems, primarily by Ray Kroc at McDonalds in the late 50's early 60's.

USA may not be inventors of everything, but they certainly know how to finance them and turn them into viable business models.

Dont forget Wernher von Braun the Nazi that headed the US space program in the 60s/70s
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Dutty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 19, 2012, 11:35:44 AM »
werner?
More nonsense, de man name was William V. Brown, born in Barstow California

Yuh think de us gov't does just fasttrack citizenship for inventors and claim dem as dey own dry so
allyuh does sicken mih wit allyuh hate oui.....the usa winnin de world cup in brazil, who fackin vex lorse
Little known fact: The online transportation medium called Uber was pioneered in Trinidad & Tobago in the 1960's. It was originally called pullin bull.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 19, 2012, 11:41:31 AM »

2. Lasers--
3 Satellites
9.  The Atom Bomb
11heart
1619  The LED

Now I don't want to split hairs with you here, but some of these can't really be deemed purely U.S. inventions, although in most cases, the US dollar certainly ensured that they moved from theories to actuality:

USA may not be inventors of everything, but they certainly know how to finance them and turn them into viable business models.

If Issac never published it, then what good was it to the world? Collecting dust in his library?  As for the Brits and the Sextant...again...John Bird if my memory serves me right developed a QUADRANT...I might be wrong always learned the first sextant was full designed and created in Philly.   Octant is also still different from a sextant..but you might say I am splitting hairs!

As for Edison I concede, he was known for tiefing people invention, bettering dem and patenting dem... he ahd too much English blood in him it seems.

Early research is one thing..perfecting the laser and using it practically is an entirely different kettle of fish..won't you say?  Glad to see you took time to google my list though.  Einstein was long living in the US and was a US citizen, as was Rudolf Ladenburg who was teaching at Princeton. Creating theories about light emission etc. is great, making them into Lasers, is as yankee as apple pie and blue jeans

Yes, the Manhatten Project was a mish mash of scientists from all over the world.

Initially the US were not interested in the atom bomb...mind you, Einstein was long a US citizen living in the US when the damn thing as finally perfected.  Hitler persecuted the Jews and Germany's loss was the USA's gain...still where was the bomb finally created, prefected?  USA

Forget the Curies, they did no work on bombs breds..Pierre and Marie are no more creators of the atom bomb than Hertz and Röntgen...the Bomb was US.

Adding the fast food system or the assembly line did not pass me, I just chose not to add them

Hence my opening comment: some of these can't really be deemed purely U.S. inventions, although in most cases, the US dollar certainly ensured that they moved from theories to actuality:

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: June 19, 2012, 11:42:58 AM »
werner?

Yuh think de us gov't does just fasttrack citizenship for inventors and claim dem as dey own dry so
allyuh does sicken mih wit allyuh hate oui.....the usa winnin de world cup in brazil, who fackin vex lorse

True boy, they winning the Basketball World Championship when the Miami beat Oklahoma, Baseball World Series when NY beat Boston.....these fellas on here is just haters.  Is the USA who invented the Monster Burger, the big gulp, Chicken Nuggets, and diet Coke.

When the USA win the WC in Brazil, they will also have de world longest parade driving from Brazil to the USA. If England had gotten to Host, the drive would have been much shorter.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

truetrini

« Reply #66 on: June 19, 2012, 11:44:22 AM »
I know what you said, but your statements clearly diminishes American ingenuity, determination, invention and innovation!

No other country in the History of this world....!

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: June 19, 2012, 11:45:00 AM »
werner?

Yuh think de us gov't does just fasttrack citizenship for inventors and claim dem as dey own

Actually, I believe many govts during the cold war did exactly this. USA, UK, USSR in particular. Obviously not claim the invention, but to build the damn things to use against each other!

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: June 19, 2012, 12:12:58 PM »
werner?

lol
www.westindiantube.com

Offline warmonga

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: June 19, 2012, 01:24:01 PM »
allyuh listen to war .. Americans hate football because they see it as an outsider game. also dey to f**king dumb to understan it.. another thing they dont like no sport that have skills , dey jes like see one set a big man jumping on each other. bout world champions?.. mi facking ass.... americans and the assholes on this forum who hate to see football gwan good in this country USA, are di biggest set of dumb f**ks mi ever see ...    I does challenge dem dumb f**ks all di time at mi Job  bring it on anytime a football game going on I dont gave a f**k what "world champion game going on " I does tell them is my time now ... alyyuh f**king step .. gave up the tv..
war
Black Lives Matter..

truetrini

« Reply #70 on: June 19, 2012, 01:37:08 PM »
werner?

True boy, they winning the Basketball World Championship when the Miami beat Oklahoma, Baseball World Series when NY beat Boston.....these fellas on here is just haters.  Is the USA who invented the Monster Burger, the big gulp, Chicken Nuggets, and diet Coke.

When the USA win the WC in Brazil, they will also have de world longest parade driving from Brazil to the USA. If England had gotten to Host, the drive would have been much shorter.

Elan, the USA basketball and baseball are really world championships..there are players from all over the world on those teams.

Offline Hardcore Trini

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: June 19, 2012, 01:42:50 PM »
Let's look at it like this: There is a big difference between the success of football and the media's dedication to make it even more popular. For all the permanent appearances by the US Men national team in the World Cup, maybe there is an effort (sub-conscious or deliberate) to ensure that American grown sport remains the most popular and generate the most money and ratings, among mainstream Americans. The writer exaggerated the idea that Soccer is dead. But I also believe more can be done for and with the sport. ESPN doesn't show a lot of games. They show a few games yes, but based on the amount of actual games and leagues one can understand that all games can't be covered. ESPN covers the games that they think might generate the most ratings like English and Champions League. They hardly touch the other leagues. Still one can't argue with the idea that showing ALL games is impossible. However I think it's reasonable to expect some results, game highlights and news surrounding the sport. It is possible to get some of this from FOX Soccer, but there is no mainstream network that covers the sport from that angle. If you miss a live or a featured game, there is no way to follow up highlights or results from that game or other games around the world. Even by showing the Euro now, as soon as the game coverage is done there is no mention of the tournament except for a few random ads. I know the feeling because after my 9-5 shift, I am unable to follow up on games I missed! It's like ESPN is half-way, half-way out with the sport.

Offline Toppa

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: June 19, 2012, 01:47:22 PM »
werner?

Elan, the USA basketball and baseball are really world championships..there are players from all over the world on those teams.

I hope your tongue was firmly in cheek there.
www.westindiantube.com

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: June 19, 2012, 02:46:47 PM »
I really don't appreciate all this Yankee talk on the forums, please wrap up Alyuh discussions and close this thread please.
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: June 19, 2012, 02:55:28 PM »

The only professional sport which still uses the "world" talk in their championship is Baseball... and ironically they are the ones who should use it least because other international teams have gotten better over the years.  The NBA no longer refers to the champions as "world champions", nor does the NFL... so allyuh will have to find something else to bitch about lol.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #75 on: June 19, 2012, 03:01:04 PM »
I really don't appreciate all this Yankee talk on the forums, please wrap up Alyuh discussions and close this thread please.

What yuh think about the new stripes hoops uniform the men's team wearing.  :devil:
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: June 19, 2012, 03:39:34 PM »

What yuh think about the new stripes hoops uniform the men's team wearing.  :devil:

:frustrated:
Youtube Channel

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: June 19, 2012, 05:15:57 PM »

:frustrated:

:laugh:

Not because a man ears long and he teet' long dat it make him a Jackass!

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: June 20, 2012, 03:59:08 AM »

The only professional sport which still uses the "world" talk in their championship is Baseball... and ironically they are the ones who should use it least because other international teams have gotten better over the years.  The NBA no longer refers to the champions as "world champions", nor does the NFL... so allyuh will have to find something else to bitch about lol.

That is not true.  NFL teams still call themselves "World Champions"....or at least the media do.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: June 20, 2012, 08:02:36 AM »

Love it. The only thing missing in that uniform is the stripe socks.

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: June 20, 2012, 09:48:59 AM »

That is not true.  NFL teams still call themselves "World Champions"....or at least the media do.

Did you see me say anything about "the media"... or "NFL teams" for that matter?
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 09:50:40 AM by Bakes »

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: June 20, 2012, 01:01:27 PM »

Did you see me say anything about "the media"... or "NFL teams" for that matter?

Who cares what you say?!  If they printing it in the paper and the team subscribing to the title then you don't need anything more.  You can't say they aren't calling themselves or being called "World Champions" and not accepting of the "crown".   

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: June 20, 2012, 01:27:28 PM »

Who cares what you say?!  If they printing it in the paper and the team subscribing to the title then you don't need anything more.  You can't say they aren't calling themselves or being called "World Champions" and not accepting of the "crown".   

Jackass... learn to read.

The only professional sport which still uses the "world" talk in their championship is Baseball

"Sport" meaning the League... not "team", not "media" and not fans.

Offline Mango Chow!

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: June 20, 2012, 01:59:47 PM »

The only professional sport which still uses the "world" talk in their championship is Baseball

If yuh mudda c**t woulda know what the f**k yuh was talkin' 'bout in de first place....Baseball has ALWAYS been the "only sport" that officially uses the "world" talk in their championship title, when referring o "The World Series", c**t hole but all of the major champions of both the NBA and the NFL have been quick to call themselves "World Champions", the most recent being, the NY Giants.  So when your dumb f**kin' ass talkin' 'bout the only sport which "still" uses...blah, blah, blah...learn to f**kin' WRITE, bitch.   

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: June 20, 2012, 03:40:16 PM »

If yuh mudda c**t woulda know what the f**k yuh was talkin' 'bout in de first place....Baseball has ALWAYS been the "only sport" that officially uses the "world" talk in their championship title, when referring o "The World Series", c**t hole but all of the major champions of both the NBA and the NFL have been quick to call themselves "World Champions", the most recent being, the NY Giants.  So when your dumb f**kin' ass talkin' 'bout the only sport which "still" uses...blah, blah, blah...learn to f**kin' WRITE, bitch.   

I feel d day alyuh meet in person will be a UFC main event
I pity the fool....

Offline pecan

• Steups ...
  • Hero Warrior
  • Billy Goats Gruff
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: June 20, 2012, 04:49:26 PM »
 * sigh * lol
Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Re: USA still doesn't get football; their loss
« Reply #86 on: June 20, 2012, 05:50:16 PM »
* sigh * lol

Boy I now coming tell them two f**kers get a room. Oh gosh man. Bake and Mango Chow Alyuh made for each other lol
Youtube Channel

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: June 20, 2012, 06:47:02 PM »

LOL... I could only laugh at you yes fella.  Yes, MLB has been the only organization to "officially" use "World" in the championship title... but that wasn't the point... was it?  The NFL, the NHL and the NBA all "unofficially" at one point or the other used to refer to their champions as "World Champions", whatever the official title was called. None of them do so anymore... just MLB.  See how easy that was?

I feel d day alyuh meet in person will be a UFC main event

Not one f**k go happen... it go just be Mango Chow bleeding from he cyat and looking fuh attention as usual, and me looking at him like ah madman. 

*cue obligatory request tuh meet up "fuh beers"*
« Last Edit: June 20, 2012, 06:48:35 PM by Bakes »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #88 on: June 20, 2012, 07:15:25 PM »
 :rotfl:
Youtube Channel

Offline Preacher

• We doh smoke or drink or pop pills. When we light the mic is strickly jess skills
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: June 20, 2012, 10:32:53 PM »
Allyuh overs that!!!

Doh sleep on them Yanks.  If they wanted 'soccer,' big it would be. 
In Everything give thanks for this is the will of God concerning you.

1]; } ?>