March 28, 2024, 03:11:08 AM

Author Topic: Was king tut european?  (Read 8522 times)

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Was king tut european?
« Reply #60 on: June 26, 2012, 09:42:25 PM »
this is not palatable for a Western culture that would probably like to see all dark-skinned people disappear off the planet.

Kaliman, you're bang on target with this statement. Only tonight I was planning how to murder my Trini girlfriend and my unborn black baby. All of us whites in England don't see the need for all you black people now we can play reggae.  :frustrated:

It's fine to put forward your views concerning the incorrect myths circulated by a relatively small number of white fascists, but parroting their hatred against another race makes you just like them. The colour of a persons skin does not determine a racist, what they say does.

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: June 27, 2012, 03:29:13 AM »
this is not palatable for a Western culture that would probably like to see all dark-skinned people disappear off the planet.

Kaliman, you're bang on target with this statement. Only tonight I was planning how to murder my Trini girlfriend and my unborn black baby. All of us whites in England don't see the need for all you black people now we can play reggae.  :frustrated:

It's fine to put forward your views concerning the incorrect myths circulated by a relatively small number of white fascists, but parroting their hatred against another race makes you just like them. The colour of a persons skin does not determine a racist, what they say does.
Breds yuh know what really gets me about white ppl? when other white talk their genocidal talk, other whites take offense bc it brings shame on their race, but you barely see white folks standing up against institutional racism, instead they mind their business and turn a blind eye.

bro i got where kalliman coming from, but you on the other hand is viewing the thing in an extremely subjective way. kalliman not talking about "individual" white man or woman who just wants to survive just like any other man, no!

kalliman is talking about institutional racism, the ppl who wield the power who has been trying to weaken and eradicate the black race, first with drugs and disease, and now with guns,economic deprivation and inferior education so we would not be able to compete with the rest of the world.

doh take things so personal fella, bc for the most part, we really not on the average white fella in the streets, it's the fellas who pulling the strings behind the scenes who's been trying to damage us ever since our stocks dropped due to the abolition, that is who we on.
« Last Edit: June 27, 2012, 03:31:49 AM by just cool »
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: June 27, 2012, 07:12:20 AM »

Breds yuh know what really gets me about white ppl? when other white talk their genocidal talk, other whites take offense bc it brings shame on their race, but you barely see white folks standing up against institutional racism, instead they mind their business and turn a blind eye.

bro i got where kalliman coming from, but you on the other hand is viewing the thing in an extremely subjective way. kalliman not talking about "individual" white man or woman who just wants to survive just like any other man, no!

kalliman is talking about institutional racism, the ppl who wield the power who has been trying to weaken and eradicate the black race, first with drugs and disease, and now with guns,economic deprivation and inferior education so we would not be able to compete with the rest of the world.

doh take things so personal fella, bc for the most part, we really not on the average white fella in the streets, it's the fellas who pulling the strings behind the scenes who's been trying to damage us ever since our stocks dropped due to the abolition, that is who we on.

@ Football Supporter. I sincerely apologize for how I phrased what I said. I did not mean that all white people want to see black people disappear. What I should have said, is, as Just Cool summarized, there are powerful interests within the white power structure that would not mind if black people disappeared. You and I both know that there are clear examples of this in history.

So in summary, this is what I meant to convey.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: June 27, 2012, 07:51:18 AM »

Mate, I hear you, but you known there are idiots out there - from all races - that don't have the brains to think things through. When statements like that are made, they take them literally, believe them and that fuels the fire of racism.

In my opinion, in UK, whites are pretty quick to identify institutional racism. What they don't do well, me included, is take some of the accusations seriously. For instance, in school teachers wrote on a blackboard. It was called a blackboard because black was the best colour to make the white chalk visible. The politically correct numpties have outlawed the word blackboard and schools now have chalkboards. I have no idea why the word blackboard is offensive. It probably wasn't offensive, at least not to any black people I know, but these liberals paranoia to prove they are sympathetic to black peoples feelings went to stupid levels.

You maybe correct that white people are over sensitive. But, to be honest, I get tired of being lumped in with the minority of morons. I have had numerous expeiences of racism against me by black people, but I don't accuse black people as a race. God made morons and idiots in every race.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: June 27, 2012, 07:55:37 AM »

@ Football Supporter. I sincerely apologize for how I phrased what I said. I did not mean that all white people want to see black people disappear. What I should have said, is, as Just Cool summarized, there are powerful interests within the white power structure that would not mind if black people disappeared. You and I both know that there are clear examples of this in history.

So in summary, this is what I meant to convey.

:beermug: I hear you mate.

truetrini

« Reply #65 on: June 27, 2012, 06:32:28 PM »
lol

Offline Daft Trini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: June 28, 2012, 08:40:47 AM »
I will not go into all the technicalities of what we did or what we did not do as a production team.

King Tut was nubian, the images of him on his throne and on the walls of his tomb depicts a cocoa/chocolate man. Not that image that Nat Geo depicted, we were aghast when we saw that garbage documentary (this is why I got out of television, fake shyte all over). His tomb depicts a black dude and at the conclusion of the documentary his skin is alabaster? Steups!
« Last Edit: June 28, 2012, 09:28:42 AM by Daft Trini »

Offline kaliman2006

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 12, 2012, 07:19:22 AM »
The article presents yet some evidence of contention surrounding the original Discovery Channel study. Thus, the best one can conclude is that the ancestry of King Tut remains undetermined.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.newscientist.com/article/dn20014-royal-rumpus-over-king-tutankhamuns-ancestry.html

Royal rumpus over King Tutankhamun's ancestry

14:09 21 January 2011 by Jo Marchant

Can we be sure which mummy was the daddy? When a state-of-the-art DNA analysis of Tutankhamun and other ancient Egyptian royals was published last year, its authors hailed it as "the final word" on the pharaoh's family tree. But others are now voicing doubts.

The analysis of 11 royal mummies dating from around 1300 BC was carried out by an Egyptian team led by Egypt's chief archaeologist Zahi Hawass. The project was overseen by two foreign consultants, Albert Zink of the EURAC Institute for Mummies and the Iceman in Bolzano, Italy, and Carsten Pusch of the University of Tübingen, Germany.

The researchers used the DNA data to construct a family tree of Tutankhamun and his immediate relatives. The study, published last February in the Journal of the American Medical Association (vol 303, p 638), concluded that Tutankhamun's father was the pharaoh Akhenaten, that his parents were brother and sister, and that two mummified foetuses found in Tutankhamun's tomb were probably his stillborn daughters – conclusions that have since become received wisdom.

But many geneticists complain that the team used inappropriate analysis techniques. Far from being definitive, the study is "not seen as rigorous or convincing", says Eline Lorenzen of the Center for GeoGenetics at the Natural History Museum in Copenhagen, Denmark. "Many of us in the DNA community are surprised that this has been published."

Degraded DNA

Ian Barnes, a molecular palaeobiologist at Royal Holloway, University of London, is also concerned. "In my experience it is not very easy to get these results," he says. "I can't do it, and I've spent a long time trying."

Zink and his colleagues used a genetic fingerprinting approach that involves testing variable regions of the genome called microsatellites, which are made up of short sequence repeats. The numbers of repeats vary between individuals, and by comparing the number of repeats across several microsatellites it is possible to work out whether or not individuals are related.

However, researchers rarely attempt this approach with ancient samples because the original DNA is likely to be degraded, and dwarfed by modern contamination. It's more common to sequence mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) – cells contain around a thousand times more copies of mtDNA than of genomic DNA, improving chances of finding large intact samples.

Zink and Pusch defend their choice, saying that they took extensive precautions to guard against contamination. For instance, they extracted samples from deep inside the mummies' bones, and genotyped lab staff to rule out contamination.

Not deep enough

But others doubt the precautions were sufficiently rigorous. Robert Connolly of the University of Liverpool, UK, who carried out blood typing of Tutankhamun's mummy in the 1960s, argues that it would be difficult to reach deep enough inside Tutankhamun's thin, fragile bones – or those of the two fetuses – to reach uncontaminated material.

Lorenzen adds that many people – not just the Hawass team – have handled the mummies since they were first unwrapped. The authors should have tested non-human samples from the tombs as negative controls, she says.

To judge the quality of the team's results, Lorenzen and others are asking for access to raw data not included in the Journal of the American Medical Association paper – but Zink is reluctant to oblige, fearing the data would spark "a lot of arguing" over technicalities.

However, Zink, Pusch and colleagues insist that they will soon be able to put any doubts to rest. They say they have also extracted the mtDNA that Lorenzen and others consider necessary for rigorous genetic analysis and are still working on the data. They hope to publish the results this year.

But the critics are still advising caution. "When working with samples that are so well-known, it is important to convince readers that you have the right data," says Lorenzen. "I am not convinced."

1]; } ?>