March 28, 2024, 06:10:46 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162345 times)

Online maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #840 on: April 12, 2021, 02:02:20 PM »
Oh no 🤦‍♂️

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #841 on: April 12, 2021, 03:38:39 PM »
Molino the crack egg, he’s never around when we really need him.....no fault of his of course, what else can I say.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #842 on: April 13, 2021, 01:23:36 PM »
Molino the crack egg, he’s never around when we really need him.....no fault of his of course, what else can I say.
Spot on here mate but I'm not even bothered this time. Good chance to see if we can rope in Mckenzie at Kilmarnock. He plays the very same position. 🤷🏾‍♂️

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #843 on: April 13, 2021, 01:45:05 PM »
Spot on here mate but I'm not even bothered this time. Good chance to see if we can rope in Mckenzie at Kilmarnock. He plays the very same position. 🤷🏾‍♂️

If getting a passport is involved, see him next GC. :devil:

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #844 on: April 13, 2021, 02:44:02 PM »

Haha I can't even doubt you here pal.
It's typical, the incompetence in our administration in TnT, no matter who's there, it's the same problems 🤦🏾‍♂️

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #845 on: April 13, 2021, 05:07:49 PM »

It's typical, the incompetence in our administration in TnT, no matter who's there, it's the same problems 🤦🏾‍♂️
Well if a man could live out 27 years of he life and never see it fit to apply for a T&T passport..I ent go really toss that whole egg in the basket you throwing it into bro. Men does want you to bow and kneel to dem.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
A history of serious Kevin Molino injuries have the Crew being patient
« Reply #846 on: April 13, 2021, 07:33:48 PM »
A history of serious Kevin Molino injuries have the Crew being patient
By Thomas Costello (massivereport.com)

On Monday, the Columbus Crew announced that new signing, winger Kevin Molino, will miss six to eight weeks with a hamstring injury. Columbus is taking precautions because of a fear that this most recent injury is linked to past injuries. One that, if it returns, could sideline Molino for much longer.

Molino has only been with the Crew for a short time but injuries have already become and issue. The first-year winger, who signed as a free agent this offseason, missed a sizable chunk of the preseason with hamstring issues that kept him from joining his national team and meant he only played in the team’s final scrimmage.

In 2018, during his second year with Minnesota United, Molino tore his ACL on March 10. An injury of that magnitude left Molino out of the Minnesota lineup until April 19, 2019. A crucial piece of an ACL tear, and surgery, is the recovery time and regiment needed to get back to 100 percent. Talking with the media on Monday, head coach Caleb Porter said these most recent issues think there’s a connection.

“It’s probably a little bit tied to his ACLs as well and the rehab of that,” said Porter.

While it may appear cautious to keep Molino sidelined for up to two months, ACL injuries are known to recur if not handled correctly the first time. Molino is no stranger to this, as 2018 wasn’t his first tear.

Molino played for then USL side Orlando City from 2011 to 2014. When Orlando made the jump to Major League Soccer, Molino played just the first seven matches of the season. On May 7, 2015, he tore his ACL for the first time in an early season friendly.

He returned for the beginning of the 2016 season, and proved he was healthy. During 2016 and 2017, Molino played the most minutes of his Major League Soccer career. He started 56 of 60 matches across time with Orlando in 2015 and Minnesota in 2016. This was also the most productive period of his career, scoring 18 goals and assisting on 17.

Since 2017, Molino hasn’t played a full season. In his return from his second ACL tear, he made 11 starts in 17 appearances. Last season’s COVID-19 impacted season saw an increase for the Trinidad & Tobago international. He played 18 games and was part of 11 goals scored (nine goals and two assists). While he was trending positively, Molino also missed time for a hamstring injury.

During the 2020 MLS is Back tournament, in Orlando, Florida, Molino left Minnesota’s second group stage match at halftime. He missed United’s final group stage match and the Minnesota penalty kick victory against Columbus. However, the winger returned to the side as a substitute in its 3-1 tournament semifinal loss to Orlando City and played much of the Phase 2 and 3 restarts, starting the final seven matches of the year.

While his first months with Columbus hasn’t been what he expected, Porter believes Molino it’s worth the wait.

“He’s a great player,” said Porter. “He’s an unbelievable talent. It’s just too bad that he’s going to be out for the next couple of months because he does have a lot to offer our team and he brings some different things in terms of creativity.”

The focus for Columbus’ medical staff is strength and conditioning. Their goal during his time away from match action is to bring his legs and hamstrings to a strength level so these recurring problems don’t turn into something worse. Columbus doesn’t want to repeat mistakes that led to the first and second ACL tears or see Molino continue to miss games with minor hamstring issues.

Luckily for Columbus supporters, the 2020 MLS Cup winning team still has a strong core. The entire starting 11 from the 3-0 victory against the Seattle Sounds in the MLS Cup Final are back. Once Molino’s strength is up to a level that is comfortable for Porter and medical staff, the team will get even better.

“These are tricky, these injuries, and we certainly want him in now but it’s really important that we get him right,” said Porter.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #847 on: April 14, 2021, 04:55:36 AM »

Well if a man could live out 27 years of he life and never see it fit to apply for a T&T passport..I ent go really toss that whole egg in the basket you throwing it into bro. Men does want you to bow and kneel to dem.
The Jamaicans don't seem to have a problem with who has a passport at that age or not. And they have more options that us. Why should that be an issue now. What should be important is that he wants it now and we want it - mutually agreed situation.
 His grandmother was the one born in TnT apparently, he's clearly never been so why would he have grand designs of getting a TnT passport before when he clearly had plans of making the Scotland squad (which he's said in an interview 5/6 years ago).
Again if he's available, get him, we need all the personnel we an get!

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #848 on: June 05, 2021, 05:50:01 PM »
I guess this is it for him ...... he may be a bit to old for 2026
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #849 on: June 06, 2021, 12:42:42 AM »
I guess this is it for him ...... he may be a bit to old for 2026
you are so morbid mate I swear.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #850 on: June 06, 2021, 08:41:51 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino talks about his journey to becoming a professional football player

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/LzA7JyQzJgk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/LzA7JyQzJgk</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino could make Columbus Crew debut after international break
« Reply #851 on: June 06, 2021, 08:42:37 PM »
Kevin Molino could make Columbus Crew debut after international break
By Jonathan Sigal (MLSsoccer.com)

Columbus Crew head coach Caleb Porter had a positive update on Kevin Molino earlier this week, noting the winger may make his debut with the defending MLS Cup champions upon their return from the June international break.

The Crew will look for their third straight win when hosting Chicago Fire FC on June 19 for the final match at Historic Crew Stadium, and Molino seems to be progressing well. Porter disclosed that the 30-year-old is back in team training and appears on the mend from a hamstring injury that’s forced him to miss their first seven matches of the 2021 campaign.

“He was obviously a big signing for us and brings a lot to the table in terms of chance creation, goals, assists,” Porter said, as relayed by The Columbus Dispatch. “We’re hoping he can play a role [against] Chicago, [but it] may be too soon. He’s going to be a guy now in this second quarter of the year that hopefully will play a big role and help us create more goals and bring a different dimension to our team.”

Molino was deemed one of the signings of the offseason, joining Columbus as a free agent after sparking Minnesota United FC toward the Western Conference Final during the Audi 2020 MLS Cup Playoffs. The Trinidad and Tobago international has 32 goals and 27 assists across 104 career regular-season MLS games.

Porter’s also monitoring the health of winger Luis Diaz, who was replaced on Costa Rica’s Concacaf Nations League roster after suffering a knee injury. But the head coach doesn’t expect Diaz to miss too much time, assuaging concerns about the 22-year-old speedster’s status.

“It’s not serious, but serious enough where he’s not able to train right now,” Porter said. “Might be out a week, maybe two, but nothing more than that, but it’s a knock. Little bit of an MCL kind of light sprain.”

Columbus have been slammed by injuries in the season’s opening stage, with homegrown midfielder Aidan Morris tearing his ACL during Concacaf Champions League play. Left back Milton Valenzuela has also missed time, as have midfielder Perry Kitchen and several others.

But the Crew appear to be rebounding, knocking off New York City FC and Toronto FC in back-to-back weeks before MLS paused for the June international window.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino is ready to send the Crew offense to new heights
« Reply #852 on: June 23, 2021, 03:11:45 PM »
Kevin Molino is ready to send the Crew offense to new heights
By Orri Benatar (MSN Sports)

It’s known that the Columbus Crew’s 2021 offseason was productive and successful. The 2020 MLS Cup champions signed a healthy mixture of MLS veterans and new youngsters to add depth to its already strong squad.

The biggest signing made by the club last winter, however, was winger Kevin Molino from Minnesota United. He was expected to help increase an offense that finished middle of the pack last year after being the catalyst for the Minneosta attack in recent seasons. But a hamstring injury suffered in preseason had him sidelined for two months.

No longer. Last Saturday, Molino made his first appearance for the Crew as a substitute for 19 minutes in the 2-0 win against the Chicago Fire. Two days later, he was officially off the injury report, although his fitness continues to be a question.

With two matches this week for the Black & Gold, a Wednesday match at the Philadelphia Union and a Sunday road trip to Austin FC, Molino is ready to make an impact with his new club and finally kickstart the offense to greater heights.

“I have to thank the medical staff for doing a tremendous job,” said Molino on Tuesday. “I am happy to be here and happy to be in the game and get my first couple of minutes. I just want to build from here.”

The Trinidad and Tobago winger has been a productive winger in Major League Soccer since 2016 when he made 30 appearances and scored 11 goals for Orlando City SC. In 2017, he moved to Minnesota United and in his four seasons, he scored 21 goals for the Loons in 67 appearances.

“He’s a very good and talented player,” said teammate Pedro Santos. “He can help us with his qualities and he is getting better and getting minutes. I am happy for him.”

The expectations are high for Molino considering his 2020 campaign. Last season was his most productive year from a numbers standpoint, averaging a goal every other game for Minnesota and helping lead the team to the Western Conference Final. His 2020 MLS Cup playoffs was remarkable with four goals in three games, the leading scorer in the postseason.

As a winger, it’s not just his goalscoring the Crew look to add into the offense. It’s also some defensive responsibilities that head coach Caleb Porter requires of his wingers.

Throughout his career, Molino hasn’t been in a system that might require him to press high and play defense. He won’t have to live up to Santos’ remarkable defensive instincts or play fullback but it’s a new role that he will need to adjust to.

“I think that will be the biggest adjustment for him here is that side of the ball,” said Porter of Molino. “He wasn’t asked to do a ton defensively in Minnesota’s system but he was able to float in and out of games. He’s a very good attacker and yet in our system, he is going to have to play both sides of the ball enough.”

The defensive side of the game will be important for Molino but the Crew signed him for his offensive impact primarily. His Black & Gold teammates have seen what he can do on the training ground and are ready for him to get full game time to help propel the Columbus offense further than it has been in some time.

“He’s an incredible player,” said Gyasi Zardes. “He has so much flair and a lot of confidence. When he gets the ball, you know something is going to happen. I’m excited to see him back with the team. Once you see him on the field, you’ll see exactly what I am talking about.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #853 on: June 29, 2021, 05:28:25 PM »
WATCH: Molino wants to go the distance at the 2021 Concacaf Gold Cup

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/v5Id1vsYppk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/v5Id1vsYppk</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #854 on: August 05, 2021, 07:26:06 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino shows great awareness and anticipation to score his first goal for Columbus Crew.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/3sbJ9nqa8Ek" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/3sbJ9nqa8Ek</a>

WATCH: Post-game interview with Kevin Molino after Columbus Crew's 4-2 loss to DC United

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/JFcMmnH8i3s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/JFcMmnH8i3s</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino set to miss 9-12 months with right knee injury
« Reply #855 on: August 26, 2021, 09:15:56 AM »
Columbus Crew's Kevin Molino set to miss 9-12 months with right knee injury
MLSSoccer.com

Columbus Crew midfielder Kevin Molino is expected to be sidelined for the next nine to 12 months after suffering a right knee injury during training on Tuesday, the club has announced. Molino will undergo Anterior Cruciate Ligament reconstruction on his right knee in the near future.

The 31-year-old is in his first season with the Crew after joining from Minnesota United in January following a career year with the Loons in which he scored 13 goals and added four assists in MLS play to help them to the brink of MLS Cup.

This is the third time in his career that Molino has suffered a serious ACL injury. In 2015, he missed most of the season for Orlando City SC after tearing the ACL in his right knee. Then, in 2018, he was again forced to sit out almost the entire year after suffering the same injury in his left knee while with Minnesota.

The news is the latest blow for a Columbus team that is currently battling a series of injuries amid a six-match losing streak. The 2020 MLS Cup champions return to action on Friday in the latest installment of the Hell is Real Derby against Ohio rivals FC Cincinnati (6:30 pm ET | ESPN, ESPN Deportes).

RELATED NEWS

Molino suffers third ACL injury, misses rest of MLS season and Nations League start.
Wired868.com

Ace Trinidad and Tobago attacking midfielder Kevin Molino is set to miss another year through injury, after going down clutching his right knee in training for United States Major League Soccer (MLS) team Columbus Crew on Tuesday.

Club officials confirmed today that Molino ‘will undergo anterior cruciate ligament (ACL) reconstruction on his right knee in the near future’ and is expected to be out for between nine to 12 months.

The anticipated time-frame not only rules Molino out for the remainder of the MLS season but is likely to also keep him out of Trinidad and Tobago’s opening Concacaf Nations League assignments in March 2022.

Crew, the defending MLS Cup champions, signed Molino from Minnesota United in the pre-season. However, the former Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive schoolboy missed the start of the season with a hamstring injury and managed just 11 outings and one goal before his ACL gave out.

It is the third time that Molino has suffered a major ACL injury. In 2015, he missed most of the season for Orlando City SC—as well as the 2015 Concacaf Gold Cup and the semifinal round of the 2018 World Cup qualifying series—after tearing the ACL in his right knee.

He then suffered the same injury in his left knee with Minnesota in 2018 and lost another year of football.

Each time, Molino returned with a flurry of goals which ensured his services remained in high demand in the club and international game.

Molino is Trinidad and Tobago’s joint sixth-highest scorer of all time with 23 goals alongside former Stoke City forward Kenwyne Jones. (Molino’s goals came in 55 appearances, while Jones got his from 90 international outings.)

Stern John, a former Crew striker, leads Trinidad and Tobago’s all-time scoring list with 70 international goals, followed by current interim head coach Angus Eve (34), Russell Latapy (29), Arnold Dwarika (28) and Cornell Glen (24).

Molino was unavailable for the entirety of Terry Fenwick’s spell as Men’s National Senior Team head coach, owing to a hamstring injury. But in July, he featured in all five outings for Eve at the Gold Cup—where he scored twice from three starts and two substitute appearances.

« Last Edit: August 29, 2021, 01:13:06 AM by Flex »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #856 on: August 26, 2021, 11:14:17 AM »
In training is probably the worst place to sustain a recurring injury.

Time to think carefully about the future.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #857 on: August 26, 2021, 11:29:56 AM »
In training is probably the worst place to sustain a recurring injury.

Time to think carefully about the future.

At 31 years of age, a recurring injury like this may be a sign that it is time to hutb (Hang up the boots). I doubt any team in the MLS will be interested after the latest blow to him. Speedy recovery. I hope it isnt as bad as it is. Maybe he can work towards an early return for June 2022.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #858 on: August 26, 2021, 01:00:19 PM »
Damn that's terrible for him. I hope he can make a comeback but yeah, time to look at his plans beyond playing.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #859 on: September 19, 2022, 06:38:06 AM »
WATCH: Columbus Crew's Kevin Molino scores his first MLS goal in over a year when he runs unmarked on the left side of the Portland Timbers defense, collects a pass, and strokes the ball past the goalkeeper into the far corner of the net.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/HYPQAcUBURA?start=75" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/HYPQAcUBURA?start=75</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #860 on: September 20, 2022, 11:55:28 AM »
Happy for Molino, nice movement and finish.
I would love to hear what the coach had to say about the defending!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #861 on: March 19, 2023, 10:30:02 AM »
Molino: I was really looking forward to playing for T&T
T&T Guardian

Talented T&T midfielder Kevin Molino has been ruled out of T&T’s CONCACAF Nations League matches against the Bahamas and Nicaragua due to injury.

Molino, who has not played for T&T for some time because of injuries, picked up the knee injury last week while training with his club Columbus Crew and was expected to miss his club’s game Saturday evening against the New York Red Bulls. He is expected to return in two weeks.

Yesterday, Molino told Guardian Media Sports that he didn’t want to talk about the injury, only to say that he will be out for the short term.

“I will be out for the matches against the Bahamas and Nicaragua,” Molino said.

With nine points in the second position in Group C, T&T will be away to the Bahamas on March 24 before returning home at the Dwight Yorke Stadium in Bacolet, Tobago, to face the Nicaraguans in their final match, needing to win the group to be promoted to group A.

Nicaragua leads the group with 10 points after beating T&T in the first match between the teams in Managua in June last year. Molino said the coming two matches can determine the future of T&T football which is why he really wanted to be in the team.

“I was 100 per cent looking forward to these games, more than before because it’s so important, these two games. It’s important in the short term and it’s important for the long term, in terms of qualifying for tier 1, which is Group A if we win the two games, qualifying for the Gold Cup and also the World Cup that is coming up.

“We have to improve our rankings to be in the Hex stage. These two games can determine our future both in the short term and the long term,” Molino said.

Meanwhile, Molino praised the T&T team and its staff for the 1-0 series win against Jamaica in two international friendly encounters last week.

T&T beat the Jamaicans, 1-0, courtesy of a 67th-minute Reon Moore goal on March 11 and later held their counterparts to a goalless draw on Tuesday.

Molino said: “It was a good showing when you look at players who haven’t been active for quite some time to still go out there and give a good showing of themselves. I think the people at the front desk of the office deserve a little credit for keeping the group together for quite some time, since November, and to get a couple of games in, which is good.

“Unfortunately, now, we have injuries and hopefully, the guys who got selected can pull it off,” Molino said.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #862 on: March 19, 2023, 11:05:56 AM »
FFS! :cursing:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #863 on: March 20, 2023, 08:19:44 AM »
That's some tough luck boy. Molino please see about your future, yuh can't keep playing forever.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #864 on: March 20, 2023, 10:10:08 AM »
Blessings to Molino. Hang in there.  🙏🏿

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #865 on: March 21, 2023, 03:00:10 PM »
The Crew’s Kevin Molino to be sidelined for 6-8 weeks following knee surgery
By Austin_Mucchetti  (Massive Report)

Kevin Molino had played in every game in the 2023 season for the Columbus Crew prior to Saturday’s 2-1 loss at the New York Red Bulls. Molino was not on the bench as an available substitute at Red Bull Arena for the first time this year and, as it turns out, this was because of an unfortunate reason.

The Crew announced on Tuesday afternoon that Molino underwent a meniscectomy of his knee on March 17. He is expected to be sidelined for the next six to eight weeks while he recovers from the surgery.

While he played more of an inverted winger role under previous head coach Caleb Porter, current manager Wilfried Nancy has used Molino as one of his two attacking midfielders when coming off the bench so far this season.

Prior to his time with the Crew, the 32 year old had spells with Minnesota United from 2017 to 2020, in which he scored 21 goals and provided 18 assists in 67 appearances, and Orlando City SC from 2015 to 2016, in which he scored 11 goals and provided 9 assists in 37 appearances.

Unfortunately for Molino, injuries are nothing new. The midfielder tore his ACL in 2015 while playing for Orlando and then again in 2018 with Minnesota. During his first season with the Black & Gold, Molino suffered the same injury, after which he spent about 10 months sidelined.

Molino joined Columbus as a marquee free agent in 2021, coming off a remarkable postseason with United and was expected to be a key part of the Crew’s MLS Cup title defense that year. Since his move to the Black & Gold, the Trinidad and Tobago international has made 25 appearances for Columbus, with 11 starts, and has logged two goals and two assists in 1,027 minutes of play. Molino made substitute appearances in the Crew’s opening three matches of the 2023 season, seeing the field for 14 minutes.

Also on the Black & Gold’s injury list is defender Josh Williams, who has been out with an ankle injury, and midfielder Christian Ramirez, who has yet to make his debut for Columbus since signing with the team this winter from Aberdeen F.C. in the Scottish Premier League as he recovers from a foot injury. Designated Player Cuch Hernandez also missed last week’s game in New York with a knee injury, although that is not expected to be serious.

Defender Milos Degenek, goalkeeper Eloy Room and midfielder Lucas Zelarayan will not be available for selection for Saturday’s match against Atlanta United after earning call-ups to represent their respective national teams during the FIFA international window. With both Zelarayan and Molino out, Nancy is likely to have to get creative with his attacking midfield position.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #866 on: September 02, 2023, 08:14:53 AM »
Kevin Molino, 33, makes surprise exit before Nations League
By Roneil Walcott (T&T Newsday)

The end of a journey and the end of a dream.

Veteran Soca Warriors playmaker Kevin "Nash" Molino took to social media to announce his retirement from T&T's men's football team on Friday, bidding his goodbye to local supporters.

Molino, 33, who is T&T's joint-second highest scorer with 23 goals in 59 appearances, chronicled his football journey in national colours.

"It has always been about passion and pride – from my first days with the under-15 team, to being part of a special group in the Under-17 World Cup and Under-20 World Cup," Molino said via an Instagram post.

"I've been able to make lifelong friends, face fierce rivals and lead the nation as a captain of the senior team. Now, that dream has come to an end. It's time to say goodbye for now," Molino said.

Molino, who has battled several injuries during the course of his career, captained the T&T team at the 2023 Concacaf Gold Cup. Molino started the first fixture vs St Kitts and Nevis as T&T got their lone win in the group stage. He then featured from off the bench in a 4-1 defeat against Jamaica, before returning to the starting lineup for T&T's 6-0 defeat to the United States.

The Carenage-born attacker currently plays in the Major League Soccer for Columbus Crew.

Molino is known to be lethal in the box, possesses quick feet, and has the ability to find space between the lines to receive the ball.

In an immediate reaction to Molino's announcement, former national players Hutson "Baba" Charles and Densill Theobald both expressed shock at the playmaker's retirement, suggesting that he had still something to offer to the senior setup.

Theobald said, "He served his country with his heart. He served his country well and he will be sorely missed for his creativity, composure, experience and just being able to have that impact and influence on proceedings."

Theobald, who played a handful of games with Molino at senior level, added, "He's someone I enjoyed watching play and watching develop into an impactful player. It's just unfortunate that he suffered injuries that kinda curtailed his career. But at the same time, he is someone I would've paid money to watch play."

Charles, who served as head coach of the T&T team from 2012 to 2013, before operating as an assistant coach to Stephen Hart until 2016, also commented on Molino's injury struggles.

"Because of injuries over the years, I don't think we saw the best of him, or he didn't get to play consistently," Charles said. "His career was kind of stop-start throughout, even from his days with Orlando (City). He had some injuries and every time he came back into his own he kept breaking down. I think we would've been in a better position if we had him fully fit for all those years because of that creative mind he had."

Having represented his country admirably at the Under-17 and Under-20 World Cups in 2007 and 2009 respectively, Molino would go on to make his senior team debut at age 20 under coach Russell Latapy.

For the better part of a decade, Molino served as the "number ten" in the T&T setup, and he enjoyed a particularly good understanding with former powerhouse striker Kenwyne Jones, who also ended his career with 23 goals at the international level for T&T.

The first of Molino's 23 international items came in a World Cup qualifier away to Bermuda in a 2-1 loss for T&T. Molino would go on to be a key member of the T&T squad which got to the finals of the 2012 and 2014 Caribbean Cups, losing to Cuba and Jamaica respectively.

Molino also played a role in T&T's quarterfinal run at the 2013 Gold Cup, but he would miss the quarterfinal run at the subsequent 2015 Gold Cup due to the first of three ACL injuries.

Despite his injury struggles, Molino was always seen as T&T's chief playmaker once fit.

He seemed to have a particular liking for the Dominican Republic during his career, twice netting hat-tricks versus that opposition in Caribbean Cup play in 2014 and 2016 respectively.

His national career was not without hiccups, breaking camp twice under former coach Stephen Hart in 2016 before a World Cup qualifier and Caribbean Cup qualifier. The first infraction, for attending a boat ride, incurred a fine, but the second incident resulted in him being dropped from the squad.

On Wednesday, Molino was one of 40 players listed in coach Angus Eve's provisional squad for the upcoming Concacaf Nations League matches vs Curacao (September 7) and El Salvador (September 10).
« Last Edit: September 02, 2023, 10:03:38 AM by Tallman »

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #867 on: September 02, 2023, 10:15:44 AM »
Thank you for your service.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #868 on: September 02, 2023, 04:08:02 PM »
Blessing Molino. All the Best.

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #869 on: September 02, 2023, 07:22:50 PM »
Molino just drop a nuclear bomb on Angus head.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

1]; } ?>