March 29, 2024, 02:31:08 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162464 times)

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #120 on: March 08, 2015, 04:20:50 PM »
Yea Molino's having a good game so far. Their striker Rivas, needs to settle a bit, he's a little too excited.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: March 08, 2015, 04:21:43 PM »
Molino almost scored, keeper came up big with the save.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: March 08, 2015, 05:08:43 PM »
game ends 1-1 kaka almost at d death
I pity the fool....

Offline Bakes

• Promethean...
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #123 on: March 08, 2015, 08:46:31 PM »
Kevin Molino is trending on twitter right now. Comments are all positive.  Good game so far. Orlando looks stronger to me. Really like their style of play. It's going to be hard to stay faithful to Seattle this year.

Play still very disjointed, but not really much of a surprise given that it's the first game and they're still trying to integrate key new players into the squad.  They played nice attacking football though, Molino was bright whole game.  He did take a little bit of a dive on the challenge by Brovsky, but the yellow card for simulation was harsh... as were the ones on Shea and Higuita to be honest.  There are a lot of parallels between MLS and the Coca Cola Championship, not the least of which is the brute physicality and the way they're both officiated.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #124 on: March 09, 2015, 01:11:13 AM »
Was Molino playing as Right Mid or attacking mid fielder?

I couldn't tell what formation orlando was using.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: March 09, 2015, 04:45:10 AM »

I did not see the game. But having seen him play a couple of time, I bet he is an attacking mid. Comes back deep to get the ball.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: March 09, 2015, 05:55:35 AM »

He lines up on the right side of midfield in  4-2-3-1

Kaka is in the middle. But kaka likes to roam, so Molino is given licence to drift into the middle to get in between the lines and combine with Kaka.
The right back Ramos behind Molino is only 19. So the DM Okugo usually slides right to cover Molinos drifting and the youngster. Then the left mid Neal tucks in to allow Brek Shea to overlap so on attack it is kind of a 4-3-2-1 with Kaka and Molino attack mids behind the forward.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: March 09, 2015, 06:27:34 AM »
Kevin Molino rating vs NYCFC

M, Kevin Molino, 7.0 -- It was a tale of two halves for Molino. He may have been the best player on the pitch in the first half, but he nearly disappeared in the second. He nearly scored in first half injury time, and he regained his first half form in time to earn the free kick that led to Orlando's goal. If he can put together a full 90 minutes at the rate he played at in the first half, his first season in MLS should be a good one.

http://www.themaneland.com/2015/3/8/8172713/player-grades-orlando-city-sc-vs-new-york-city-fc

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #128 on: March 09, 2015, 07:38:24 AM »
i found he played very well for his debut in MLS. He showed good touch and skill and looked to combine very well with Kaka and Rivas. He'll score some goals for this team if they continue to play that style and system.  :beermug:
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: March 09, 2015, 07:52:57 AM »
It's a bit difficult to gauge the level of play of either team.  I am waiting for them to play teams like seattle, LA and new england.  It's hard to say if they are a good teams when they haven't been tested against the best.
« Last Edit: March 09, 2015, 07:54:44 AM by toonmili »

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #130 on: March 09, 2015, 08:52:09 AM »
Thought anytime he got on the ball he did something good... the kid is quality.

Would like to see him on the Left of the 4-2-3-1 because Kaka tends to drift Left and Molino can interchange and pop up centrally....the guy on the left, Neal, was very quiet...If they have a Winger in the squad who can hold the width on the right and with Rivas pace up top stretch the Defense and allow Kaka and Molino room to cause damage they will do well this season.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Long-time Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino impresses in MLS debut
« Reply #131 on: March 10, 2015, 01:07:27 PM »
Long-time Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino impresses in MLS debut
By Mike Gramajo (sbisoccer.com)

While Orlando City’s arrival into Major League Soccer was a long time coming for the club, it also ended a prolonged wait into the major leagues for Kevin Molino, who made his MLS debut in Sunday’s 1-1 draw against New York City FC.

Molino may have not scored, but looked like a force to be reckoned after playing the full 90 minutes in his MLS debut. The Trinidad & Tobago international proved a nuisance for NYCFC defenders, using his speed and trickery on the ball to get by them on a number of occasions.

“I’ve said it several times, it’s only a matter of time until he finds his rhythm,” said Orlando City coach Adrian Heath of Molino. “I thought he played really well throughout the whole match, and linked up well with (Kaka) and (Brek) Shea.”

Despite anxiously waiting for this day after years with Orlando in USL Pro, Molino didn’t show apprehension throughout the game. Linking up heavily with Kaka in the middle, the 24-year-old Molino contributed heavily in Orlando City’s 15 taken shots on Sunday.

His moment of magic came in the 38th minute when he serviced Kaka for a scoring chance that Josh Saunders’s dove to deny the Brazilian from opening the score. Molino then almost gave Orlando City the lead in the early minutes of the second half when Carlos Rivas connected with the midfielder for a low shot that was stopped by Saunders.

“It’s still early in the season, first game but the team put in a lot of effort,” said Molino. “It was my first game. At the end of the day, you always want to be the one to score a goal or make a pass for a winning play, and that’s my job.

“I get paid to score and assist goals. Every day is a learning experience, and today even though we didn’t get the result we wanted, there’s definitely room to improve. I’m surrounded by great teammates that help elevate my game.”

Orlando City dominated much of the possession against NYCFC, but Molino led the Lions on the counter on several occasions. Orlando’s possessive style began to agitate NYCFC, which led to a foul on Molino in the 23rd minute after Lewis Neal began to build on the counter.

“He’s a player with confidence,” added Heath. “He knows what he’s capable of, and today he showed what he can do. He understands his role and how it can benefit the team if he puts full effort. There’s no reason why he shouldn’t go on to score plenty of goals and assists this season.”

After winning the USL Pro MVP award in 2014 for scoring a record 20 goals in the season, Molino still carries his goal-scoring mentality and hopes to open his MLS account soon. That may have to wait at least another week, but Molino still showed Sunday that he can be effective and dangerous in plenty of other ways.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: March 10, 2015, 01:53:24 PM »
Is it likely this guy could end up in the premier league...thoughts please...personally I think he's a baller to be reckoned with anywhere he goes
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #133 on: March 10, 2015, 04:08:32 PM »
I am disappointed that Orlando best attacker (Molino) is only getting $60,000 a year while Kaka making over 7 mill.
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: March 10, 2015, 04:35:46 PM »
I am disappointed that Orlando best attacker (Molino) is only getting $60,000 a year while Kaka making over 7 mill.

Kaka who's won a world cup, a champions league, serie A titles and a La Liga title with close to 300 appearances in Europe with Milan and Madrid and over 100 goals also 89 caps with Brazil and 29 goals it's such a shock to you that he's on those wages?

I agree Kevin's contract should be higher but that's for his agent to sort out but the comparison is stupid.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #135 on: March 10, 2015, 05:28:13 PM »
I glad he was able to make the transition and remain a main part of the team. This transition is normally where they bring in people to replace those who got them "promoted".
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: March 11, 2015, 05:33:41 PM »

Kaka who's won a world cup, a champions league, serie A titles and a La Liga title with close to 300 appearances in Europe with Milan and Madrid and over 100 goals also 89 caps with Brazil and 29 goals it's such a shock to you that he's on those wages?

I agree Kevin's contract should be higher but that's for his agent to sort out but the comparison is stupid.

That's what a lot of MLS players make.  Also, although that's their official salary the club will give them stuff. Not sure if they are allowed to give them money but it usually adds up to more. At least that's what I understand from it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: March 11, 2015, 05:40:25 PM »

That's what a lot of MLS players make.  Also, although that's their official salary the club will give them stuff. Not sure if they are allowed to give them money but it usually adds up to more. At least that's what I understand from it.

...but usually adds up to more ......

You mean they getting money under the table?

Offline madness

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 12, 2015, 04:38:23 AM »
once kevin performance on the pitch improve and combining with Kaka and scoring goals. his value with increase....

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 12, 2015, 06:52:07 AM »

You is de new Deeks or wha.

Bottom line, if they could pay Kaka so much wether he deserve it or not, they could pay Molino more, he has been their best players for 3 years, he deserve it and earned it.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: March 12, 2015, 08:04:36 AM »

Bottom line, if they could pay Kaka so much wether he deserve it or not, they could pay Molino more, he has been their best players for 3 years, he deserve it and earned it.

Well, now your know it has someone else beside me to torment you arse. But I agree Kevin should be getting more that 60 as reported. Could be rumour. He could be getting more, but don't want people to know the exact amount. He has been performing well in the trenches for them for  the past 3 years. I have never heard anything negative about his play and behavior. So, we as Trinis, think he deserves just compensation.

My only peeve about Kevin is his physical. I feel he needs some muscle. I eh talking about bulking up like Arnold the Terminator. Because in the last CFU Cup in the final against JA, he really did not get off. JA roughness and the bumpy field throw our forwards off their game. He is a skillful  player, and a little more strength to complement that will do wonders for his game.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: March 12, 2015, 08:10:10 AM »
Deeks, doh flatter yuhself, you cant torment me, ever, ah like de heat, because I could give to.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: March 12, 2015, 08:15:55 AM »
Deeks, doh flatter yuhself, you cant torment me, ever, ah like de heat, because I could give to.

Breds, bring it on!!!!

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: March 12, 2015, 10:21:55 AM »
Orlando City Expands Lower Bowl Seating for March 21 Home Game
ORLANDO – March 10, 2015 – Orlando City Soccer Club today announced that based on demand for seats to the March 21 home game against Vancouver Whitecaps FC, the Club will increase capacity to 23,000 seats.  The seats are located in the corners of the lower bowl, which were initially covered.

Team officials will continue to monitor demand for upcoming home games and make additional capacity adjustments as warranted.
Attendance for Sunday’s season opener at the Orlando Citrus Bowl was the largest crowd for a soccer match ever at the historic venue, surpassing attendance for the 1994 World Cup. 

“Sunday night’s attendance was simply astounding and the demand continues to be very strong for our upcoming home matches,” said Club Founder and President Phil Rawlins.  “Based on that response we will continue to review capacity for upcoming matches on a case-by-case basis.”

Link: http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2015/03/10/orlando-city-expands-lower-bowl-seating-march-21-home-game

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: March 12, 2015, 10:30:09 AM »
Publix Super Markets Partner with Orlando City
ORLANDO – March 5, 2015 – Orlando City Soccer Club announced today Publix Super Markets becomes a Founding Partner as Official and Exclusive Grocery Store for the Lions 2015 inaugural Major League Soccer (MLS) season. Per Club policy, deal terms were not disclosed.

Through this partnership, Publix will support Orlando City youth soccer camps, clinics and mobile fan zone. They will also be the presenting sponsor of the Mane Street Fan Zone presented by Publix for home games.

"Publix is a very active member of the community, and we are grateful for their support of our team and fans," said Orlando City Founder and President Phil Rawlins. "Publix has been great supporters of our youth soccer programs over the years and are furthering their commitment to the sport at the professional level."

During Orlando City's Purple Pride 5K on Thursday, March 5, Publix will provide post run recovery food and drinks to the team's supporters. The event is part of a week-long celebration leading into the first match of the season through Operation #FillTheBowl.

“We are pleased to be aligned with such a reputable and dynamic organization that support youth soccer and its growth in the community," said Publix Media and Community Relations Manager Dwaine Stevens. "We are excited for the opportunity to support the efforts of the families and their children who love to participate in this growing sport that promotes sportsmanship, exercise and a healthier lifestyle." 

Link: http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2015/03/05/publix-super-markets-partner-orlando-city

Offline Spursy

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Willis Plaza Fan
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: March 12, 2015, 10:31:23 AM »
Walt Disney World Resort Becomes Founding Sponsor
ORLANDO – March 4, 2015 – Walt Disney World Resort and Orlando City Soccer Club have announced today a multi-year agreement making Walt Disney World Resort a founding sponsor of the Club. The announcement comes at an exciting time, just days before Orlando City Soccer Club’s 2015 Major League Soccer (MLS) debut on Sunday.

Under the agreement, Walt Disney World Resort becomes the official theme park and resort destination of Orlando City Soccer Club; Disney Cruise Line becomes the official cruise line of the Club; and Disney Vacation Club becomes the official vacation club of the team. Also, Disney will have a significant presence at Orlando City home matches at the Citrus Bowl in 2015 as well as at its future multi-purpose downtown stadium starting in 2016.

Additionally, the new agreement will help bolster Orlando’s and Walt Disney World Resort’s profile in key travel markets, such as Brazil and other Latin American countries where soccer is a national pastime.

Building on the growing sports business at Walt Disney World Resort, the Orlando City Soccer Club will collaborate with ESPN Wide World of Sports at Walt Disney World Resort on a range of soccer events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex. The sports complex is the premier site for amateur sports in the nation and has a rich history of hosting a variety of youth and professional soccer events.

“This collaboration further strengthens the existing bond between the two Orlandos – the one known around the world as Disney theme parks and the metropolitan, vibrant growing downtown represented by Purple Pride,” said Club President and Founder Phil Rawlins. “Over 60 million tourists visited Orlando last year – with many coming from Brazil. There’s a natural synergy here to showcase all the wonder that is the City Beautiful. We also look forward to jointly hosting additional high-profile soccer events at ESPN Wide World of Sports Complex at Disney through this relationship to the benefit of our fans, our community and the region.”

“Orlando City Soccer Club is writing an exciting new chapter in our region’s history,” said George A. Kalogridis, president of Walt Disney World Resort. “We are proud to be part of the community-wide team effort to help the Lions become Central Florida’s next great success story."

Link: http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2015/03/04/walt-disney-world-resort-becomes-founding-sponsor

Offline fari

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: March 12, 2015, 07:12:13 PM »

once kevin performance on the pitch improve and combining with Kaka and scoring goals. his value with increase....

plus i am sure it have win bonus, goals bonus etc..

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: March 12, 2015, 09:20:32 PM »
Like David villa is also getting 60k but that's not all he is getting.  I think he gets a portion of club earnings.  I'm they value Kevin I am sure he is getting something else to sweeten the deal. Not  They saying David villa level or anything  but they are going to know Kevin will attract deals from Europe.  They won't want him to leave so early in. If he is getting that alone.  I will be surprised

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: March 12, 2015, 10:33:37 PM »
Stop the nonsense. Villa ain't making 60K, and neither is Molino.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: March 13, 2015, 05:31:27 PM »
Molino looking good vs Houston. Live on UniMas

1]; } ?>