March 28, 2024, 11:11:00 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162385 times)

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #210 on: May 11, 2015, 11:49:30 PM »
This is extremely sad. I hope he recovers well and come back 100%, that's the main thing.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #211 on: May 17, 2015, 04:48:57 PM »
Big up Kaka.

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #212 on: May 17, 2015, 05:36:47 PM »
Aww that was so nice of him. He got a card for it too. Well done Kaka

Offline de_redman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #213 on: May 17, 2015, 06:30:49 PM »
Wow. Just shows how much of an impact Molino has on a side!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #214 on: May 17, 2015, 07:10:09 PM »
Wow...what a nice gesture....come back bigger and badder...quality is quality!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #215 on: May 18, 2015, 10:19:16 AM »
My favorite MLS team now... What a gesture
Hart for president

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #216 on: May 18, 2015, 01:38:34 PM »
The last news of the summer transfer market ..... Monday 06/17/2015

What that have to do with Molino or any other TnT player?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:44:29 AM by Flex »
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #217 on: May 18, 2015, 03:42:04 PM »

What's up dude. Every post you dropping this "bomb'.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:44:40 AM by Flex »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #218 on: May 18, 2015, 03:42:39 PM »
Anyway, nice gesture by Kaka!

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kaká honors Orlando City teammate Kevin Molino with goal celebration
« Reply #219 on: May 19, 2015, 07:46:34 AM »
Kaká honors Orlando City teammate Kevin Molino with goal celebration
By Paul Tenorio (Orlando Sentinel)

When Orlando City star Kaká tucked away his penalty kick in the 56th minute of Orlando City’s 4-0 win over the L.A. Galaxy on Sunday, the Brazilian star ran to his sideline and slipped on the jersey of Lions’ midfielder Kevin Molino.

Kaká then held up the purple No. 18 shirt, an ode to a teammate who was lost for the season when he tore his ACL in a friendly against Ponte Preta on May 2.

The celebration earned Kaká a yellow card, but it was well worth the price.

“I think it’s a tough period for Kevin,” Kaká said. “I’ve been in this situation in the past, so I know how hard it is. It’s a long period, the team needs to be with him now, everyone needs to be together, because he’s going to help us a lot next year. This period now, we need to help him.”

Molino reacted on his Instagram page, posting a photo of the celebration and captioning the photo: "No words."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #220 on: May 19, 2015, 07:49:52 AM »
Big up Kaka.

Molino need to blow up dat picture and put it on he wall for them days when de going get tough, so he could remember he have support!!

:beermug: :beermug: to Kaka!!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #221 on: May 19, 2015, 07:52:59 AM »

What's up dude. Every post you dropping this "bomb'.

Probably 'phishing'!! Stay far, far away!!
Probably posted by some kind of 'bot'.
Mods should look into this.
« Last Edit: May 19, 2015, 09:44:59 AM by Flex »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino undergoes successful ACL surgery
« Reply #222 on: May 21, 2015, 02:54:31 PM »
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino undergoes successful ACL surgery
By Jhamie Chin (orlandocitysc.com)

Orlando City Soccer Club announced today that midfielder Kevin Molino has undergone successful surgery last week to repair a torn Anterior Cruciate Ligament in his right knee. Daryl Osbahr, M.D., Chief of Sports Medicine for Orlando Health, performed the surgery at Orlando Health’s downtown campus.

“The road to recovery after an ACL tear is never easy, but we are off to a great start as Kevin’s surgery went very well. He is a dedicated young man that will certainly work hard to return to the field at the highest level,” said Dr. Osbahr. “Kevin will spend several months transitioning through the rehabilitation process with our sports medicine team at Orlando Health.”

After suffering the injury during City’s 3-2 win over Ponte Preta, Molino was recognized during Orlando City’s first-ever Major League Soccer (MLS) win at home on Sunday, May 17.

During the 4-0 victory over the LA Galaxy, midfielder Kaká celebrated his 55th minute finish by putting on a Molino jersey at midfield, showcasing the team’s support for the Trinidadian during his recovery before the 40,122 supporters in attendance.

An integral member of Orlando City, Molino has been with the Club since the Lions’ first season in 2011, scoring 27 goals while also earning USL MVP honors (2012 and 2014). In City’s inaugural MLS campaign, Molino appeared in seven matches, starting in each fixture he was made available.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #223 on: June 17, 2015, 01:40:49 PM »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando City's Kevin Molino finally feeling like himself after ACL injury
« Reply #224 on: June 25, 2015, 12:24:37 AM »
Orlando City's Kevin Molino finally feeling like himself after ACL injury
By Paul Tenorio (Orlando Sentinel)

There is a smile on Kevin Molino's face again, and that, in itself, is a sign of progress for the Orlando City midfielder.

It has been almost two months since Molino went down with a torn ACL during a friendly against Ponte Preta on May 2, and for a while the Trinidad and Tobago star did not feel like himself.

Molino had never suffered a major injury before, and he even tried to get back up and play in the Ponte Preta friendly after feeling his knee give way. When he heard the diagnosis in the hospital the next day, and even in the weeks that followed as his mother, sister and girlfriend tried to comfort him with home-cooked food and support, Molino was still trying to fathom what it meant.

The end of his first MLS season. No Gold Cup with Trinidad and Tobago. No more soccer for nine months.

"It was hard to take under my chin," Molino said, speaking to a media outlet for the first time since the surgery. "I think I was having a good season even though I didn't score. I knew it would come. But I just have to live with it now and just work to get back."

It took time to come to terms with the injury, but after surgery to repair the knee and a few weeks of getting through the pain and mental sufferring, Molino is beginning to emerge from the fog and return as the upbeat "Hot Boy," a nickname that is a nod to his outgoing persona as well as his stylish off-the-field garb. The flashy clothing has spurred fans to create a "Kevin Molino's Pants" Twitter account.

There were no leather pants when Molino showed up at the Lions' training facility this week — it's too hot for that — but Molino did have on a typical GQ outfit of white shorts, black shirt and fedora. He also was without crutches, which he ditched two weeks ago.

Molino's progress isn't just showing up in his off-the field attire. He is working on the alter-G treadmill at the Orlando City facilities, allowing him to run and walk with less strain on his knee. He said he is up to putting 70 percent of his body weight pressure on his legs while using the treadmill.

The midfielder said he was thankful fans and his teammates for the support they have given him since he went down with the injury. Molino was in a suite at the Citrus Bowl when Kaká pulled on one of Molino's No. 18 jerseys to celebrate after scoring during a 4-0 win over the L.A. Galaxy.

"A moment where no words can express how I feel about that," Molino said. "Just a class act from Kaká."

As he moves forward in the rehabilitation process, Molino said he understands his approach to training now must go beyond what it ever did before and taking care of his leg and knee will be a part of his routine going forward. His focus is on getting back onto the field as a better player than he was before the injury.

Until he can play again, Molino said he is cheering on his Orlando City teammates to make the playoffs and the Trinidad and Tobago national team to perform well in the Gold Cup. His goal is to soon be back "wearing the purple shirt and also my national team colors."

"I miss it every day, just walking out and hearing the fans cheering," Molino said. "And not just the fans, but the leading up to a football game is just incredible. Even going to the training park and training and being in the sun, and being with the guys and having fun. This is all I know, football, and this is what I love. I grew up playing it all my life, and to be out for nine months is heartbreaking, but I have to deal with it."

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #225 on: July 04, 2015, 05:05:46 AM »
Molino spends time with T&T team ahead of Gold Cup opener.
T&T Guardian Reports.

T&T and Orlando City midfielder was a welcomed guest into the Trinidad and Tobago Camp in Fort Lauderdale on Friday as he arrived to join his international teammates for a few days before they begin their quest for glory at the 2015 CONCACAF Gold Cup.

Molino took a few days away from Orlando where he is currently undergoing rehab following ACL reconstructive surgery, an injury which has forced him out of action for the remainder of the year.

Travelling with Molino was TTFA’s consulting orthopedic surgeon who is based in Orlando. The Orlando City club also sent a programme for Molino to continue over the few days which will be supervised by the National team’s medical staff and John.

“It’s a nice feeling to be back with the boys before they head off to the Gold Cup. Once I heard they were coming up for a camp here I decided I had to spend a few days with them,”Molino told TTFA Media.

“It’s still disappointing for me to be ruled out of the Gold Cup with the injury but God is great and thankfully I’m starting to feel good again and the rehab has been going pretty good. I’m following all the directions and maintaining a positive attitude which is crucial towards my recovery,” Molino said.

Molino was set to attend the T&T versus Haiti closed-door training game at the Central Broward Regional Complex as the Soca Warriors continued their build up to the July 9th CONCACAF Gold Cup opener against Guatemala in Chicago.

T&T coach Stephen Hart has conducted three sessions over the two days the T&T team has been at the Sawgrass Grand Hotel training facility, including one on Friday morning. The intensity level has been good and the spirit in the camp is growing daily. English-based midfielder Andre Boucaud believes the team will be ready for its opening match.

San Jose Earthquakes forward Cordell Cato was the last player to join the camp on Thursday leaving only Slovakia-based winger Lester Peltier to arrive.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Will Molino be fit for WC Qualification?
« Reply #226 on: July 20, 2015, 03:49:58 PM »
Will he be healthy and fit for the qualifications?

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
Re: Will Molino be fit for WC Qualification?
« Reply #227 on: July 20, 2015, 03:54:24 PM »
Very very unlikely. Almost impossible to be physically and psychologically ready for that level of intensity of football.
Best of look Molino.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: August 30, 2015, 02:19:16 PM »
Any updates on Molino's recovery?

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #229 on: September 05, 2015, 08:27:40 AM »
Any updates on Molino's recovery?

bump
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Fyzo10

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Will Molino be fit for WC Qualification?
« Reply #230 on: September 07, 2015, 01:06:14 PM »
Very very unlikely. Almost impossible to be physically and psychologically ready for that level of intensity of football.
Best of look Molino.

Damn sad. Hope we make it so he can play in the WC

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: September 07, 2015, 07:01:07 PM »
Initially they said he will be out for 9 months.  He got hurt in May 2015. 
WC qualifying 4th round is from November 7, 2015 to September 6, 2016.
The Hex is from November 7, 2016 to October 10, 2017.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #232 on: October 15, 2015, 01:59:29 AM »
Molino progressing with rehab.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

Midfielder Kevin Molino is progressing with his recovery from a serious ACL injury and subsequent surgery in May.

Reports are that the Orlando City player will resume field training in December. He will return to the training field to begin running in a straight line and working on his touches.

He is on a strict rehab programme working daily with a personal trainer as well as the medical staff at Orlando City. He is running in the gym and is undergoing heavy weight training. Word is he is likely to receive clearance from Orlando to return to play in January but it could be a bit longer depending on his progress.

“It’s been coming along well but it has been frustrating at times. I have to be patient but missing games and seeing my teammates on the national team and the club take the field is not something any player likes,” Molino said.

“But I will not rush this process. The most important thing is to get back fully fit and healthy.

“Right now I’m excited to see the progress of the national team, I’ve followed all the games and I’m in touch with the players regularly. That helps to keep my spirit up. I’ll be back with them in a few months.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #233 on: October 15, 2015, 08:37:40 AM »
Good to know he's making progress. Stay focused and keep your head up... Yuh in our Prayers
:praying: :praying: :praying:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: October 15, 2015, 08:47:04 AM »
Grest news. Recovering at a good rate, I must say. Thanks to the Almighty. Keep it up Kevin.
Imagine having Cummings and Molino!!! Daiz takin' things to a dangerous level.

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: October 15, 2015, 11:39:44 AM »
Grest news. Recovering at a good rate, I must say. Thanks to the Almighty. Keep it up Kevin.
Imagine having Cummings and Molino!!! Daiz takin' things to a dangerous level.

You talking about Orlando or T&T having both?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #236 on: October 15, 2015, 03:44:39 PM »
I was thinking National team but yuh right, Orando too if they decide to take him.
Would love to hear about Orlando's interest in Ball Pest while Nashy shows good recovery

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: November 04, 2015, 06:55:58 PM »
The return of Kevin Molino is listed as Orlando City’s #1 thing to look forward to in 2016

In early May, Kevin Molino tore his ACL is a friendly match against Ponte Preta. The injury sidelined Molino for the remainder of the 2015 season. If the Trinidadian midfielder can stay on pace with his recovery he should be able to start the 2016 season, which would be a giant lift for the Lions. Molino’s technical ability combined with his creativity on the pitch makes him a gem for the Lions.

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2015/11/02/top-5-things-look-forward-2016

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #238 on: November 12, 2015, 03:06:34 AM »
Molino backs TT to get ‘positive start’
By COLIN BENJAMIN (NEWSDAY)

Soca Warriors forward Kevin Molino is confident his teammates will come out with positive results in the upcoming World Cup qualifiers versus Guatemala and United States on November 13 and 17 respectively.

The injured Molino is now into his sixth month of recovery after tearing his ACL in a friendly for Orlando City versus Ponte Preta on May 2.

Speaking from Orlando, he gave his thoughts on the two highly anticipated fixtures.

“Of course I wish could be playing, but I believe the team has a good chance get off to a positive start in these two games without a doubt,” said Molino.

“Coming off the good Gold Cup performance and beating Panama in their own backyard, the expectation level is certainly high. Under the continued guidance of the excellent coach (Stephen) Hart, I know he will do what’s necessary to make sure the team is ready for these encounters.” The games against the US is carrying much interest after the Jurgen Klinsmann-coached side lost to Jamaica in Gold Cup semi-final and to fierce rival Mexico in the 2017 Confederations Cup play-off match in October.

They are also missing star forward Clint Dempsey for the Trinidad game after Klinsmann decided to rest him.

Molino said his American teammates have been buzzing about the clash.

“Since I began doing field work, a lot of my Americans teammates in my locker room have been speaking of the game.

Brek Shea, who I’m very close to, is in the the USA squad so there is certainly hype up here about it.

“This game vs very emotional for Trinidad, given the well known events of the famous Strike Squad in 1989. Of course they (national team) can’t worry about what the USA is going through, but no doubt the players are aware of what playing and potentially beating USA at the National (Hasely Crawford) Stadium in November would mean to the Trinidad and Tobago football public.” The 25-year-old is hoping his recovery will see him be fit for MLS pre-season training in January with the aim of being involved in the World Cup qualifier versus St Vincent and the Grenadies next March.

He also backed Keron “Ball Pest” Cummings to continue doing a good job in the midfield role that Molino had made his own before injury.

“That’s where I played of course before injury, but I’d just want to say I don’t own the position.

I’m happy to play in whatever role coach Hart see’s fit when I return,” stated a humble Molino.

“But Keron has been doing fantastic, not everyone can do what he did versus Mexico (three goals in two games) . He is doing well on the defensive side of his game - an area which coach Hart is always keen on his midfielders to perfect also.

It could be a big two games and campaign for him to be further noticed and go to a bigger overseas club.”

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino ready to get back on the field for Orlando City SC after ACL injury
« Reply #239 on: December 10, 2015, 05:57:26 PM »
Kevin Molino ready to get back on the field for Orlando City SC after ACL injury
By Simon Veness (MLSsoccer.com)

Kevin Molino is smiling again, and that’s good news for Orlando City SC in 2016.

The Trinidadian midfielder’s debut MLS season was cruelly cut short by an ACL tear on May 2. He's still undergoing rehab on his right knee, but he now believes he is firmly on course to be ready for next term.

The two-time USL MVP was expected to be a major influence for the Lions this year and was among the league leaders in chances created when he went down in a friendly against Brazilian club Ponte Preta more than seven months ago.

His partnership with Designated Player Kaká was shaping up to be a key component of the season, and City struggled to fill Molino's right midfield spot after his injury. But the 25-year-old is delighted with the progress he's made in recent months, and is confident of a full recovery in time for the 2016 season.

“Things are all going to plan. I am still going in three times a day and am moving my leg with weights and working to get it stronger,” he explained. “I am also working on my upper body strength as it’s not just a question of getting the knee right. But I am almost back to full training, running and passing, so that is all good.

“There is no pain now, no worries. Everything has been going well. I have been making progress from day one, really, from the day after surgery. It is a massive improvement. I am just grateful for the support of the medical people and coaching staff.”

Molino admits the injury came as a real setback, the first time he had been seriously injured in a pro career dating back to 2008 in the Trinidad and Tobago Pro League. He joined Orlando in 2011 and had been an integral part of the team until the Ponte Preta friendly, notching an assist in seven appearances -- all starts -- before suffering his injury.

“I remember the game. Someone passed me the ball and I knew the fullback was coming towards me and I kind of jumped to avoid him and landed on my right leg and my knee just folded up,” he recalled. “I told myself it was serious right away because I never want to come off, but this was too painful.

“I didn’t think it would be out that long, though, but they called me the next day and told me I was out for the rest of the season. But I had to take something positive from it and I had to be mentally strong to get through. Every dream has a downside and I have to come back stronger, both physically and mentally.”

Getting through the initial rehab process was the toughest thing for the livewire Molino, who thrives on being energetic and involved, both on the training field and on game day.

“Not being able to walk and do stuff that I’m used to doing was the worst part because I am a very active person, even when I’m not playing. I don’t like to be restricted,” he admitted. “Not being able to get back in the locker room or even kick a ball for three months was really tough.

“But I knew what I had to do by then and it didn’t take me long to realize what I had to do to get fit again. I grew up learning to think positive so that is always in the back of my mind, to keep going to the end.”

Taking a seat in the stands for much of 2015 did help in one, respect, though. “Watching games definitely gave me a different perspective,” he said. “It is a totally different angle on the game and I tried to absorb as much as possible to be ready for next season, things like how to break down defenses. It was a real learning curve.

“It was also good to see the guys fighting hard and getting through the season, even when things were tough with all the injuries we had.”

Assuming he's ready to go when the season opens in March, it'll have been a full 10 months in between MLS appearances for Molino. He still has a few medical hurdles to overcome, but 2016 certainly can’t come soon enough.

“Now I am just ready and excited for next season,” he insisted. “It still depends on whether everything checks out okay when I get back to training. I am working with the trainer and he communicates with the doctor, and I will still need check-ups twice a week to see if it needs more physical therapy.

“But I just want to go out there on the training field with the guys again. I just enjoy kicking a ball – that makes me happy. It is the little things I have missed the most, having a laugh and a joke – and looking forward to games at the weekend.”

1]; } ?>