March 28, 2024, 07:29:37 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162357 times)

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
Best news of the day..

I wish him well... Too bad the team may go on strike because ttfa and the government don't give a damn..

Offline Majestic

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
#10...more strength balla
He Is Highly

Offline spideybuff

• Hero Warrior
  • Certant omnes sed non omnibus palma
    • View Profile
So if he back in March after pre-season, should we include him for the St. Vincent games which should (theoretically) be an easier way to integrate him back into international football or leave him to find some form with Orlando before he resumes his national career?
You either die the hero or live long enough to become the villain

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
So if he back in March after pre-season, should we include him for the St. Vincent games which should (theoretically) be an easier way to integrate him back into international football or leave him to find some form with Orlando before he resumes his national career?

Leave him to find form... Next thing he get injured coming back too fast for intl... Better to have him fully match fit..

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #244 on: December 19, 2015, 05:30:58 AM »
Kevin Molino goes on a one on one.
TTFA Media.

Being on the sidelines for an extensive period and forced to miss doing what you love is never an easy hurdle to overcome. And for Kevin Molino, he’s been in this position since May 2nd following an Anterior Cruciate Ligament (ACL) tear which required surgery on his right knee and a long rehab period which he is still undergoing.

But from all accounts, the T&T midfielder looks set to be ready for the 2016 American Major League (MLS) season and putting on the Trinidad and Tobago shirt at some point next year is looking more and more a possibility. In this interview he tells TTFA Media more about this recovery process and just how much he is excited to put on the Trinidad and Tobago shirt again.

1.What is your current mindset like as you come to the end of your rehab following the injury ?

My mind set at the moment is to get back to full fitness for next season and enjoy being on the field again. I have gone through a very tough time but I have survived it and I’ve passed the test. This was my first big injury and it taught me a lot about myself. It is not something I will wish on anyone. It was a very testing time. But Thanks to God and the great people who have been at my side every day.. I have been able to come through this.

2.How excited are you about playing again?

I’m very excited for next season because I have a lot to offer for club (Orlando City) and country. It’s almost like I am counting down the days now but I have to be patient also because there are certain precautions I have to follow and I want to ensure I am fully recovered before I start playing fully again.

3. How would you in three words describe the past 10 months or so of your career… the whole recovery process?

The past ten months were very, very difficult for me for me because I never ever missed training session so this was very new to me. Not being able to turn up for training or having to watch the guys during the games both at Orlando and for the National Team was very frustrating in the first few weeks. But a lot of praying and staying focused allowed me to settle down and focus on my rehab. I have been having sessions three times a day and focusing a lot on my upper body as well. Now I can run normal again. I can kick the ball well, pass it well and I am starting to feel comfortable again which is very important for me.

4.What do you think of the performance of the National team this year?

I think the performance was quite good. I think we have a lot to offer for the next couple years and also a great bunch of guys to work with. I’m feeling the World Cup in 2018. The coach and his staff has done a very good job. A lot of people out here in the US have been saying a lot of good things about the team now, especially after the Gold Cup and the game against the USA. When the guys out here start talking that way, that’s when you know people are taking notice and that something good is happening. I felt very proud of the way the team performed this year and I’m very excited to be part of the squad again.

5.What do you think of Trinidad and Tobago playing in the Copa America next year?

It is very important for us to quality for the Copa America to see where we are at when it comes to these world rated opponents. I think it will be a fabulous experience for the team and a great exposure for Trinidad and Tobago. It would fall in the middle of our World Cup qualifiers also which means it will fit in with our preparations for the remaining matches in the campaign. The Copa America is massive and people are very excited about it being played in the United States. It promises to be a great experience.

6. And Finally, what is your goal for 2016?

To start back doing what I love, what I believe I was placed on this earth to do which is playing football, entertaining the fans and helping my teammates accomplish great things.

I think both my club and country has the ability to accomplish great things and I will go out of my way to be part of making this a reality.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando City gets major boost from return of Kevin Molino
« Reply #245 on: January 25, 2016, 04:13:12 PM »
Orlando City gets major boost from return of Kevin Molino
By Paul Tenorio (Orlando Sentinel)

Orlando City has not yet signed a major player this offseason, but it doesn't feel that way for those around the team.

Kevin Molino is back after tearing his ACL last May, and the implications are massive if the two-time USL most valuable player can regain the form that made him one of the most exciting players on the roster last season.

Lions defender Brek Shea talked about how much more dynamic Orlando City can be in the attack with Molino on the field, and the headaches Molino causes for opposing teams. Reigning MLS rookie of the year Cyle Larin pointed out he and Molino only played a limited time together, and Molino assisted on Larin's first MLS goal in Portland.

There will be very little waiting period before seeing Molino. It has been eight months since he underwent ACL surgery in May, and he'll be at the 10-month point by the start of the regular season.

"He's champing at the bit, first day back preseason we expect him to join in," Orlando City coach Adrian Heath said earlier this month at the MLS Scouting Combine. "Obviously we'll tread carefully with him because it is a long period of time. … I think he had about six or seven days off where he went home and saw the New Year in, but since then he's been in the building training. He looks good, which is incredible because we used to have to bribe him to get him in the gym and now he's got one of those beach bodies, he quite likes going into the gym.

"We're really looking forward to getting him back on the field."
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #246 on: January 27, 2016, 09:22:19 PM »
WATCH: Orlando City's first ever MLS signing Kevin Molino returns to the training fields! He talks about his condition, the obstacles he faced during his recovery, Kaka's tribute, and his excitement for working hard this 2016 season.
http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/01/27/kevin-molino-i-owe-city-something-year

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino excited to be back on field
« Reply #247 on: January 27, 2016, 09:34:17 PM »
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino excited to be back on field

Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino's voice drops a level or two whenever a microphone appears, but his volume increased Wednesday afternoon as he laughed about his beach habits this offseason.

"I've been on the beach every day," Molino said with a chuckle as he stood outside of the team's facilities at Sylvan Lake Park.

During a sometimes tortuous eight months away from the soccer field, Molino was forced into the gym he had so happily avoided for the majority of his life. Soon, he learned he quite enjoyed the abs and muscles that were a result of those workouts. Or, as Lions coach Adrian Heath called it, Molino's new "beach bod."

The side benefit, of course, is a stronger, more fit Molino for the start of the 2016 season. And after joking around, Molino was quick to point out the gym is now a part of his daily routine.

"It's very important that I keep on my injury and go in the gym and treat my body different," Molino said. "Because the reality of it is I had a serious injury and I just have to look out for myself even better, just eating [well] and being here early to get treatment to go through the season and my career."

Molino aims to be back in the lineup for Orlando City on March 6 when the team opens the season at home against Real Salt Lake. Heath said expects Molino to participate in full contact work during the next few weeks.

The club is still exercising caution. Molino didn't train on Wednesday as rain fell and made for a slick field, but Molino said he is going into the training sessions without any reservations. He isn't waiting for that first hard tackle or even nervous about the first game back. At least not yet.

"I'm not really studying about that," Molino said. "When it comes, it comes. I just have to deal with it in that situation. For now, I just want to focus on whatever they tell me to do. If I'm going to train, if I'm not going to train, if I am going to stay in the gym. I just listen to what they say and when I get an opportunity to go out there and train, if I get in a 50-50 tackle, so be it."

Molino tore his ACL during a friendly against Ponte Preta on May 2. It was the first major injury of his career, and the rehabilitation process brought many new lessons.

Molino said he struggled at first to deal with not being on the field and in the locker room with the team, but he gained perspective from watching in the stands. He also took time to study film and tried to learn the habits of his teammates and the team itself.

Sitting out also added a new level of appreciation for the game that Molino said he will carry into the 2016 season.

"Yeah, [I am] very excited [to get back] but also humble about it because of all the work I have done," Molino said. "I'm not going to take it for granted. And every day I go on the training pitch, everything I put in is what I'm going to get out of it. So what I put in in the training field is what I'm going to get out of games and I'm very excited looking forward to the first game on March 6."

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #248 on: January 27, 2016, 10:20:02 PM »
Nice interview.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #249 on: January 28, 2016, 09:10:16 AM »
Everybody hoping for a complete recovery. We need this guy.
Molino wasn't already a gym regular? Whaz da one?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #250 on: January 28, 2016, 09:21:33 AM »
Most of our players don't really understand or believe in gym work. it is not in our culture. You hear so many stories of players seeing the inside of a gym for the first time when they join foreign clubs.

Also another reason why so many of our players don't make it past trials.

Happen to know for a fact that Levi put on a lot of size before the u17 run and look where it has landed him. He was talented before but the size and strength has pushed him way ahead.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #251 on: January 28, 2016, 10:18:40 AM »
Most of our players don't really understand or believe in gym work. it is not in our culture. You hear so many stories of players seeing the inside of a gym for the first time when they join foreign clubs.

Happen to know for a fact that Levi put on a lot of size before the u17 run and look where it has landed him. He was talented before but the size and strength has pushed him way ahead.

Yeah but look how many years Molino playing pro in the US and he supposedly now spending serious time in the gym.
I thought stuff like that would be required by the club as part of their training regimen.
Maybe they exaggerating.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #252 on: January 28, 2016, 02:37:47 PM »

Yeah but look how many years Molino playing pro in the US and he supposedly now spending serious time in the gym.
I thought stuff like that would be required by the club as part of their training regimen.
Maybe they exaggerating.

Y'all would be surprised and it's not just a Trini thing. I remember reading somewhere that Shaq (yeah that guy) spent a couple of years getting pushed around by lesser centers in the NBA before he 'discovered' the gym.

You could go to the gym 7 days a week but if you not working hard enough (and well enough) you not going to really get anywhere with your strength and fitness. Some guys take a while to truly discover what it takes to really train in gym. And some never do.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #253 on: January 29, 2016, 09:05:50 AM »

Maybe they exaggerating.

Y'all would be surprised and it's not just a Trini thing. I remember reading somewhere that Shaq (yeah that guy) spent a couple of years getting pushed around by lesser centers in the NBA before he 'discovered' the gym.

You could go to the gym 7 days a week but if you not working hard enough (and well enough) you not going to really get anywhere with your strength and fitness. Some guys take a while to truly discover what it takes to really train in gym. And some never do.

Exactly.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
KEVIN MOLINO is impressing in Orlando City pre-season fitness drills
« Reply #254 on: February 03, 2016, 03:31:23 PM »
Orlando City fans will take some comfort in the fact that Molino has looked very much like the player who earned USL MVP honors twice and was touted as one of the top MLS newcomers last year.

Molino won the team’s fitness “beep test” on Tuesday morning, and on Wednesday he was scoring goals from seemingly every angle during six-on-six games to goal.

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/on-the-pitch/os-orlando-city-adrian-winter-david-mateos-comfortable-20160203-story.html

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #255 on: February 04, 2016, 09:54:23 AM »
Awesome news!!!

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: February 05, 2016, 10:47:45 AM »
Kevin Molino Showing Signs of Promise in Orlando City Preseason Training
By:Scott Crumbly, SB Nation

It's been a long road back for Kevin Molino since suffering a torn ACL in May of 2015. However, after enduring eight months of rehabilitation since the injury, the play-making attacking midfielder is now taking part in Orlando City's preseason training ahead of the club's 2016 season-opener against Real Salt Lake on March 6.

In fact, Molino is not only participating in training, but he is standing out among his fellow Lions and providing a very encouraging sign for Orlando, which missed the former two-time USL MVP badly last season on the right wing. An ACL tear is a serious injury and returning to the playing field is not always a smooth process for athletes suffering such damage to a critical joint, so the early signs are certainly reassuring to manager Adrian Heath and company.

Orlando City has been exercising caution in easing Molino back onto the pitch, but the 25-year-old Trinidadian has impressed this week and seems to be well on his way to suiting up on March 6 at the Citrus Bowl.

On Monday, City put its players through a grueling conditioning test, known throughout soccer as the beep test. Molino was the top performer in the rigorous trial, beating out Harrison Heath, Servando Carrasco and Tyler Turner as the fittest Lion in attendance.

Molino followed that up on Tuesday by putting on a show in six-on-six drills, netting four goals in the session and out-dueling his primary competitor for the right midfield spot, Adrian Winter, who scored three goals of his own. With several of his teammates also looking good in the early stages of the preseason, the fact that Molino has been perhaps the biggest standout bodes well for the player whom Heath has lauded as one of the top players in MLS.

Molino's hard work hasn't gone unnoticed among his teammates, as Brek Shea told the media on Monday.

"Kevin's impressed us all," Shea said. "Whether it's football skills, speed or that endurance test right there – he crushed everyone, even H (Harrison Heath)."

There remains work to be done before the start of the season, as we're only a couple of weeks into the preseason, but the prospect of a Lions attack with a fully healthy Molino is an exciting one. Molino only took part in seven league contests a season ago before going down with the injury, but he showed a great understanding with his star teammate Kaká in the early stages of the 2015 campaign.

Kaká and Molino created beautiful passing sequences at times, working the ball back and forth on the right side of the field and creating chances. At times, the young attacker tried one too many dribbles in the final third, so he was unable to register a goal, but he did notch an assist and the dangerous potential was clearly on display, especially in his combination play with the legendary Brazilian.

It remains to be seen how many minutes Molino receives in the preseason friendlies and into the regular season, but the early returns are positive thus far, which could mean big things for Orlando City if Molino is able to carry that into the MLS regular season and show just how much the Lions missed him in '15.
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: February 17, 2016, 08:35:05 PM »
City Defeats the New York Red Bulls 3-2 in Third Preseason Friendly
Orlandocitysc.com

Molino provides game winning assist.

ORLANDO, Fla. – Feb. 17, 2016 – In a highly contested battle, Orlando City SC defeated the New York Red Bulls 3-2 during its third preseason match on Wednesday at the ChampionsGate Sports Complex, progressing in its preparation toward the 2016 Major League Soccer (MLS) season.

The fixture included the anticipated return of Lions’ midfielder Kevin Molino, who played his first competitive game since his injury last May, and recorded the game-winning assist in the waning moments of the match.

The Lions battled with the Red Bulls in an intense first half in which possession was shared evenly for both teams. City took the advantage after threatening with numerous corner kick deliveries when Luke Boden found an open Kaká on the far post, who headed it in in the 23rd minute. Despite a dominant performance by Lions’ goalkeeper Joe Bendik, who was outstanding making several saves to deny dangerous efforts throughout the game, the Red Bulls took a 2-1 lead before the end of the first 45, with goals from Bradley Wright-Phillips and Lawrence Kamar.

Following the break, Adrian Winter leveled the score from inside the six-yard box after a delightful cross from Kaká on a set piece complicated the Red Bulls’ backline in the 62nd minute. Eight minutes later, Adrian Heath introduced an entire new team, including the return of the skillful attacking midfielder Kevin Molino.

Molino had an immediate impact on the match, when he received a through-ball from Richie Laryea on the counter and assisted Pedro Ribeiro with a clever ball, with the Brazilian finishing clinically.

Reflecting on the match, Head Coach Adrian Heath said, “Our body language was poor from the beginning and we didn’t look ready to come and play. I thought the second group were a lot better. The game looked like it meant something more to them.”

Commenting on the return of Molino, Heath said, “Kevin only had 10-15 minutes but he looks okay. We are just hoping that we can get him more minutes between now and the beginning of the season because the bottom line is that he is one of our best players.”

Scoring Summary:

ORL – Kaká (Luke Boden) 23’
NYR – Bradley Wright-Phillips (Kamar) 25’
NYR – Lawrence Kamar 36’
ORL – Adrian Winter 62’
ORL – Pedro Ribeiro (Kevin Molino) 85’

Lineups/Substitutions:

Orlando City SC – First Half: GK Joe Bendik, Luke Boden, Seb Hines, David Mateos, Rafael Ramos, Cristian Higuita, Darwin Cerén, Adrian Winter, Kaká, Hadji Barry, F Cyle Larin

70th Minute Subs: GK Earl Edwards Jr., D Kevin Alston, Aurélien Collin, Tommy Redding, Mikey Ambrose, M Servando Carrasco, Andrew Ribeiro, Kevin Molino, Tony Rocha, F Pedro Ribeiro

New York Red Bulls: GK Luis Robles, Sal Zizzo, Karl Ouimette, Gideo Baah, Kemar Lawrence, M Felipe, Dax McCarty, Lloyd Sam, Sacha Kljestan, F Gonzalo Verón, Bradley Wright-Phillips
« Last Edit: February 17, 2016, 08:38:56 PM by FireBrand »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #258 on: February 17, 2016, 09:24:40 PM »
Good going Molino! It appears the big man took care of you.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino ready to make his "soccer dream come true"
« Reply #259 on: February 21, 2016, 07:05:02 PM »
Orlando City SC's Kevin Molino ready to make his "soccer dream come true" after long road back from injury
By Simon Veness (MLSsoccer.com)

Two months into the season that was supposed to transform his career, Kevin Molino lay prone on the Citrus Bowl turf, clutching his right knee. In a split second, Molino's 2015 season was over.

But Molino never had any doubt he would be back in Orlando City colors this season, despite suffering the cruelest of injuries just as he was starting to find traction in a new league. Instead of living out the highs and lows of the Lions' expansion on the field, Molino sweated through months of rehab behind closed doors and is now set to fulfill his promise as one of Adrian Heath’s brightest stars.

“I’m not a guy to dwell on things too much.” Molino told MLSsoccer.com. “I know injuries come along and they are part and parcel of the game. I came to terms with it very quickly and never really stressed out about it.

“I also had people to inspire me. When I looked at [UFC featherweight champion Conor] McGregor, he had done surgery on his ACL and now he is the No. 1 fighter in the world, and Derrick Rose did it in the NBA. Then Ricky [Kaká] has also had similar surgery and come back well, and Ricky Eve, a coach for the Trinidad national team. They had all been through it. You have to have someone who inspires you, and they certainly inspire me to move on and do great things.”

The Trinidad and Tobago international midfielder was widely tipped to be one of the key men in Orlando’s inaugural major league campaign, but had chalked up only seven appearances when he went down with an ACL injury in early May that wiped out what was shaping up as the biggest year of his life.

Molino was a two-time USL MVP, having struck a record 20 goals in 2014, and had made himself a regular starter for Trinidad, with the Gold Cup a major summer target. He was also set to play a pivotal role alongside a one-time Ballon d'Or winner in Kaká, and was beginning to form the basis of a potent partnership when he blew out his right knee.

It would have been easy for the 25-year-old to go into a funk but he never let the crushing blow of the injury or the grind of his rehab stop him from aiming to bounce back even better in 2016, in part thanks to an inspirational gesture by the Brazilian.

After scoring a penalty against LA Galaxy last May, Kaká ran to the Orlando bench, grabbed a ‘Molino’ jersey, and ran to the fans to celebrate. Watching from a booth in the stadium just two days after his surgery, Molino admitted it was an emotional moment.

“That’s the caliber of the player he is, to show me that kind of respect,” Molino added. “Ricky is a mentor to me, someone I have looked up to for a long time. It was hard to explain how I felt about it at the time, but it definitely made me more determined to recover.

“He is one of the best players to play the game and I look at the work he puts in every morning in the gym and at training, and that shows how much he values the game of football, and values his body to go on and play the game. I try to take a page from him of what he does every day.”

Kaká insists it was important to give Molino a boost after a moment that could have derailed his career. “I’d been in his situation in the past, so I knew what a long [recovery] period he faced,” Kaká recalled. “The team needed to be with him in that moment because he’s going to help us a lot in the next year.”

Molino also credits his hard-scrabble upbringing in Trinidad, where almost 20 percent of the population still lives below the poverty line, for his dogged approach to recovery.

“It was a tough road. Coming from Trinidad is not easy,” he said. “To even get out of Trinidad and be a professional footballer is tough. I have been through a lot and that inspires me to never give up about anything and to keep going until you can’t go any more. In my dictionary, I don’t know how to give up and it’s my basic inspiration to want to be great.

“It’s also what gives me my determination to succeed; it is about just pure hard work. I know that whatever I put in is what I’m going to get out. I think I have put in a fair shift [since the injury] and I have plenty more to go before the season starts. And, during the season, I will keep working on my rehab and on my body generally, and keep it healthy and strong.”

For Molino, the challenge is not so much to come back as good as before, but stronger and better. He knows he needed to put on a bit of weight and muscle for the rigors of MLS competition, a focus of his rehab.

“I am working on my balance, trying to be stabilized, keep my body upright, keep working on my legs, and especially my calfs,” he explained. “I am working out specifically before training, on ab work and how to prevent injuries. I have been doing a lot. I aim to look after my body even better than before, in true Kevin Molino fashion, with honest commitment, love and fun.”

Molino’s combination of Caribbean flair and a willingness to out-work the competition has stood him in good stead to date, marking him out as one of the most popular members of the team. And he's set his 2016 sights accordingly.

“Last season, my first thought was to be one of the team, and the second was to be alongside one of the best players in the world and get a relationship going,” he explained. “I was really excited to be part of making a mark with Orlando in its first season in MLS. It didn’t work out last year, but I know I still have an opportunity to make it work, and make my professional soccer dream come true.”

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: February 22, 2016, 09:13:13 AM »
Molino instrumental in Orlando City SC's preseason win against Toronto FC.
OrlandoCitySC.com

ORLANDO, Fla – Feb. 21, 2016 – Orlando City SC today turned in a thorough performance against a team that proved quite troublesome for the Lions last year in Major League Soccer (MLS), Toronto FC.  Under a bright sunny sky at ChampionsGate, the Lions battled back from an early goal deficit – on the shoulders of a brace from team captain Kaká – to win this preseason tune-up match 2-1.

Action in the first half looked slightly in favor of Toronto, with the Reds controlling most of early possession on strong play by MLS MVP Sebastian Giovinco, and U.S. National Team members Michael Bradley and Jozy Altidore. Toronto opened the scoring in the 5th minute when midfielder Jonathan Osorio unleashed a powerful shot that sailed past a diving Joe Bendik. That would prove to be only goal for Toronto on the day.

Orlando City turned up the attacking pressure late in the first half, including a dangerous floating cross by Brek Shea into the box that was cleared in the 42nd minute by Toronto goalkeeper Clint Irwin.  In the second half, the pace of play took a significant shift in favor of the Lions, who made a number of key substitutions including Aurélien Collin for Seb Hines, and Kevin Molino for Richie Laryea at the start of the second 45.

It took two minutes for Orlando City to find the equalizer, which was initiated through some clever play between Molino and Kaká. In the 47th minute, the team captain took on three defenders before curling an unstoppable right-foot shot around Irwin. The pressure continued to mount, with the Lions sending more players into the attacking third. In the 63rd minute, Molino dribbled into the penalty area and was brought down just inside to draw a penalty kick. Kaká would convert from the spot to put the Lions ahead.

Giovinco nearly evened the score line late in the second half with a strike destined for the top right corner, however Bendik was able to quickly react and push it safely wide.

Reflecting on the match, Head Coach Adrian Heath said, “I’m pleased with the performance and thought in the second half, we were very good at times. More importantly the attitude of the players was a lot more competitive than the other day and that was pleasing. This time of year, we just want to get through unscathed and get some fitness – I think we’ve done that today. But, the attitude of the players was good so I was pleased with that.”

Orlando City opens the 2016 season at the Orlando Citrus Bowl on March 6 against Real Salt Lake. Kickoff is scheduled for 2 p.m. Tickets are available at www.OrlandoCitySC.com/tix. The Lions have launched #FillTheBowlAgain to attempt a second consecutive sellout for its MLS home opener.

Follow the latest Orlando City news and updates via Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and YouTube.

Scoring Summary:

TOR – Osorio 5’

ORL – Kaká 47’

ORL – Kaká 63’ (PK)

Lineups/Substitutions:

Orlando City SC – First Half: GK Joe Bendik, Brek Shea (Alston 74’), Seb Hines (Collin 45’’), David Mateos, Rafael Ramos, D Darwin Cerén, Servando Carrasco, Adrian Winter (Ribeiro 74’), Kaká, Richie Laryea (Molino 45’), F Cyle Larin

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino ‘Running off pure excitement’ as the season approaches
« Reply #261 on: February 23, 2016, 11:43:19 AM »
Kevin Molino ‘Running off pure excitement’ as the season approaches
By Allison Cary (orlandocitysc.com)

It was nearly ten months ago that Orlando City’s star midfielder Kevin Molino suffered from a torn ACL in an international friendly against Brazilian club Ponte Preta that left him injured for the rest of the 2015 season. Now, with the start of the 2016 season quickly approaching, Molino is back and working hard on the pitch.

“I just feel like I’m flying,” Molino said after Sunday’s 2-1 preseason win over Toronto FC. “It felt great. It’s always feels good to be back on the pitch.”

Molino’s teammates have also noticed his energy and enthusiasm. “He’s running off pure excitement,” Defender Brek Shea said after the game. “He’s ecstatic to be out there. It’s great to have him back.”

Kevin Molino came in for Richie Laryea at the beginning of the second half in the game against Toronto FC, and had an immediate impact on the game’s outcome. He provided the assist that led Kaká to score his first goal in the 47th minute of the match. In the 63rd minute, Molino was brought down inside the box, giving Kaká the penalty kick that would lead to his second goal.

“You can just see the difference he makes for us,” Coach Adrian Heath said. “He just gives us such composure and quality in the final third. To get him back… will be huge for everybody.”

“He’s a great player. As soon as he comes into the game he changes the game,” Shea said. “I wouldn’t want to play against him.”

Molino is slowly getting more playing time as the preseason continues. He played twenty minutes in last week's friendly against the New York Red Bulls and forty-five minutes in the game against Toronto FC on Sunday. Coach still hasn’t said whether or not Molino will be ready to go for the opening game against Real Salt Lake, but it is clear that he is already having an impact on this 2016 squad. “Kevin coming back is like a new player for us,” Coach Heath said. “We’re just hoping he stays healthy now.”

As for Molino, he’s just happy to be back on the pitch. “It’s a beautiful game, it’s something you want to enjoy,” Molino said. “I always try my best to enjoy the game.”

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: February 23, 2016, 05:49:13 PM »
All the best young Warrior

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #263 on: February 24, 2016, 05:47:30 AM »
Fantastic...shlda take that penalty tho 😁
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino savors return to pitch
« Reply #264 on: March 06, 2016, 09:52:06 AM »
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino savors return to pitch

Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino looked like he was floating a half-inch above the ground as he dashed between one defender and then a second before touching a pass to a teammate and darting toward the goal.

The Trinidadian's run was too fast for the teammate to recognize — Molino's speed of thought a step ahead of those on the field around him — but more important than his swift movement was Molino's obvious joy as he sprinted around the field at Sylvan Lake Park.

Nine months after he crumpled to the Citrus Bowl turf during a friendly game on May 2 against Brazilian team Ponte Preta, Molino was back doing what he loved most and he barely could contain a smile on the field.

"Every time I do something, I put my heart into it and always want to smile and show people it's the beautiful game you play, so enjoy it while it lasts," Molino said. "It's not going to be here forever. There will come a point in my career I have to hang up my boots, so as much as possible, I try to enjoy it and make the most out of it."

Molino likely won't be hanging up his boots any time soon, a relief after the first major injury of his career.

The midfielder has proved his value to Orlando City since joining the Lions in 2011, most notably being named USL most valuable player in 2012 and 2014. The latter year, Lions coach Adrian Heath urged Molino to be a player with more of a nose for the net, and he promptly set the USL scoring record with 20 goals and a league-high nine assists.

Molino stayed with Orlando City despite offers from other MLS teams, a loyalty that stuck with Heath when he saw the 25-year-old get injured just seven games into the season.

"My love of him would override what it meant to us [on the field]," Heath said. "I was just so worried for him. The fact that we were losing the player, yeah it was a big blow for us, but I just want him to go and have the career I know he can have. This has set him back a year, but it doesn't stop where he can go."

Molino's ability stands out immediately to teammates.

Kaká quickly took to Molino last season and famously put on Molino's No. 18 jersey as a goal-scoring celebration to honor Molino after the knee injury. David Mateos, who spent several years at Real Madrid, was stunned by Molino's level when he first saw his teammate play this preseason.

"I've said to people at home in England, Kevin Molino can go and train at any Premier League team in England and not be out of his depth," Heath said. "You don't say that about many players."

For now, Molino simply wants to show what he can do in MLS.

After seeing his season end prematurely last year just as his connection with Kaká was blossoming, Molino is eager to get another shot at the league. He looks like he has not lost a step, but Molino wants the payoff for the work he put in to get back to this level. And he treasures every little detail of being on the field again.

"It has been a long road," Molino said. "I'm the type I need to train every day; I need to do something. To be in the locker room six, seven months without going onto the grass is very difficult, but mentally I was up for the challenge, ready to go.

"And I'm just happy to be back here with the guys outside training in the sun, fighting for a position, coming and eating breakfast with them, and laughing and joking and being amongst my family again."

Offline SHOTTA

• HE WHO HESITATES MASTURBATES
  • Hero Warrior
  • NIGGAS JUST HATE ME BECAUSE THEY CANT BE ME
    • View Profile
« Reply #265 on: March 07, 2016, 01:05:24 AM »
he started against RSL yesterday. I looked at the game and didnt particularly see any ring rust. His speed of play and eye for a pass is there and he took some tumbles and bounced back ok.

he might be ready for st vincent.
now that we have mastered the language we can wield it as we may

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: March 11, 2016, 07:26:28 PM »
Molino vs Chicago on Univision now. He's looking pretty good folks
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: March 11, 2016, 09:50:35 PM »
any link?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #268 on: March 11, 2016, 10:35:34 PM »
any link?

Dat game done long time. Ended 1-1.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: March 18, 2016, 06:29:10 PM »
Omg, Molino jus miss an easy oppy to open his mls account
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

1]; } ?>