March 28, 2024, 09:55:06 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162373 times)

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #270 on: March 18, 2016, 08:46:59 PM »
Check out @KAKA's Tweet: https://twitter.com/KAKA/status/710986303362433025?s=09

Kevinnnnnnnnnnn !!!! I'll kill you tomorrow bro 😂 #NYCvORL

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: March 18, 2016, 09:18:02 PM »
Haha. Just come to post that tweet
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #272 on: March 19, 2016, 01:24:49 PM »
I watched the 2nd half of that game. :frustrated: :frustrated: Molino and the entire team looked like little boys playing against big men. It was hard to watch. Molino most of the time looked overweight, tired and he didn't run or defend. Especially when they moved him over to the right. It looked like he has not adjusted to his new muscle mass yet.

But trust me.. The whole team looked terribly weak. MEN vs BOYS. That being said they had enough chances to win the game 4-0 or loose it 6-0. NYFC looks like they could beat any team or loose to any team.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #273 on: March 22, 2016, 02:20:27 AM »
Molino happy to be back in Soca Warriors set-up.
By Sean Taylor (Express).

Trinidad and Tobago senior men's national football team ace Kevin Molino is elated to be finally back in the national fold after being out injured for almost a year, missing out on the majority of the international matches in 2015 with the “Soca Warriors”.

Molino has been in action with his Major League Soccer (MLS) team Orlando City SC, and has already made three appearances since his return from the treatment table.

The young playmaker was on hand to speak to the media shortly before head coach Stephen Hart conducted one of the final training sessions before the team's departure for their crucial 2018 World Cup qualifier CONCACAF semi-final round clash with St Vincent and the Grenadines in Arnos Vale Sporting Complex in Kingstown on Friday afternoon.

“First and foremost I'm happy to be back here and training with the guys,” he said. “I know it has been a long process and this is the time for me to show the work that I have put in for the past couple months.”

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: March 23, 2016, 11:15:57 PM »
Kevin might have some more competition at Orlando city when he gets back. They just signed Julio Baptista.

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/03/23/orlando-city-sc-signs-brazilian-attacking-midfielderforward-j-lio-baptista

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #275 on: March 28, 2016, 03:19:17 AM »
Molino talks about his first International Game since returning from injury

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7ATghPmVvKg" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7ATghPmVvKg</a>

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #276 on: March 29, 2016, 02:26:29 AM »
Molino says expect better from Warriors.
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

USA-based Soca Warriors midfielder Kevin Molino says local fans can expect a much better performance from the national team when it faces St Vincent and The Grenadines in another 2018 Fifa World Cup Concacaf semifinal Round World Cup qualifier today the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo, from 7 pm.

The game comes four days after Molino made his return to international duty for T&T in a hard fought 3-2 come-from-behind Group C qualifier win over the same opponents at the Arnos Vale Sports Complex, Kingstown, St Vincent and The Grenadines on Friday afternoon.

With the win which came courtesy a second-half double from Holland-based teenager Levi Garcia the he Soca Warriors moved into sole possession of top spot in the pool with seven points from three matches, one more than Guatemala which blanked USA (four points) 2-0 in Guatemala City. St Vincent and The Grenadines, is bottom of the pool without a point.

And speaking after the match, Molino who was making his first appearance for the Stephen Hart-coach T&T squad since his last outing on March 27, 2015 in an international friendly 1-0 loss to Panama at the Ato Boldon Stadium, Couva, said, “Once we give the same kind of effort again on Tuesday at home, but with a better overall performance then without a doubt we will be victorious in the game again.”

The Orlando City midfielder added, “We knew it would have been tough match because it’s a World Cup qualification game and all the teams are going to come out running and all credit to St Vincent and The Grenadines.

“I think they (St Vincent and The Grenadines) had a good game and they worked hard, but in these situations we just have to find ways to win and we did that in a great manner.”

Commenting on the playing surface, Molino said, “As expected it was a bit tough but at the end of the day, both teams played on it.

“And as I said, we knew it was not going to be an easy game out there and we just had to find a way to grind out a result and win to move forward and look towards the next game here in T&T and show the people at home the real quality of players we are and what we can do on a good playing pitch.

“We want to show the fans who come out to the games at home that we can not only win the match, but do so with some style and in a good manner and show the people we have what it takes to take this country to the 2018 FIFA World Cup in Russia.

With regards to his return to playing for the team, a relieved 25-year-old Molino who has played 31 times for the T&T scoring 11 goals said, “It’s always a pleasure representing my country and I am just happy to be back with the guys, and training.

“I felt really good out there on the field and even though I’m not back at my 100 per cent best, it’s all about making positive steps to get back my confidence and my goal scoring boots, and with the grace of God and hard work, everything is possible.”

“Most of all I am very happy that we got the win on Friday and to be part of it as well and being around this group of players and staff and now I’m just looking forward to the next game,” added the former Mucurapo Senior Comprehensive standout and brother of national cricketer, Kevon Cooper.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: March 29, 2016, 10:28:48 PM »
10 Things: Kevin Molino's two-sport potential, accidental discovery by Orlando City
Simon Veness (MLSSoccer.com)

Trinidad and Tobago has produced multiple players that have made a mark in MLS – Stern John and Cordell Cato are two names that spring to mind – but few have arrived with such high expectations as Orlando City’s Kevin Molino.

The attacking midfielder was a two-time league MVP in the team’s USL days and seemed to be the perfect link-man alongside Designated Player Kaká – until he went down with a season-ending ACL injury last May.

But now he is back again and, even without Kaká in the lineup, he has shown he can be a creative force and a handful for most defenses. Here’s the skinny on the 25-year-old from Carenage ahead of Trinidad and Tobago's World Cup qualifier against St. Vincent and the Grenadines on Tuesday (7 pm ET, beIN Sports Connect in US).

Soccer Second, At First

Coming from the traditionally cricket-oriented Caribbean, soccer was not the obvious sport for Molino as a youngster. “I didn’t really take it seriously until I was about 15,” he admits. “But once I got into it, it was definitely my sport and I loved the physical side of it.”

A Two-Sport Star

Molino appeared destined for a cricket career in his early days. Coming from Trinidad – the birthplace of West Indies legend Brian Lara – most kids played that sport ahead of anything else and the young Kevin was a keen batsman with plenty of talent. One of his best friends is West Indies opening batsman Lendl Simmons, and Molino could easily have followed in Simmons’ footsteps if soccer hadn’t worked its way into his life.

Orlando Discovered Him By Accident

Lions head coach Adrian Heath admits his trip to Trinidad to scout players in 2010 was not to check up on Molino. “I didn’t go down there to look at him originally,” Heath explains. “I went to look at a promising young forward but this little kid on the wing kept catching my eye. In the end, that’s who we ended up signing.” The 5-foot-8 Molino signed from Trinidad & Tobago Pro League side Ma Pau SC in time for the Lions’ inaugural 2011 USL season, making 11 appearances and scoring twice that year.

Diamond In The Rough

Molino became a regular in the starting lineup in the 2012 season at just 21, making 23 appearances (only striker Dennis Chin made more, with 24). For Heath, getting to see the youngster in training every day was a revelation. “Only when you worked with him did you realize his true talent,” he recalls. “He was a kid who had a great first touch, great awareness, who combined well with players and who could beat players individually. He was everything you need in a modern midfield player or striker.”

He impressed MLS, too

Before Orlando reached the MLS ranks, Molino made a major impression on one of the league’s top men. Sporting Kansas City’s Dom Dwyer played with the Lions on loan in 2013 (scoring 19 goals in 14 appearances) and came away believing he had seen a star in the making. “Dom said that Kevin had all the ability to be MVP of MLS when we finally made the grade,” Heath remembers.

The First Signing

While Kaká drew all the headlines in 2014 when he confirmed his move from AC Milan to Orlando, the team’s first actual MLS signing was Molino, before a ball had been kicked that year. Head coach Heath confirmed, “Kevin was out of contract with us and was being courted heavily in Europe and the States. He turned down deals from several MLS teams to stay with us in Orlando. That says a lot about his love for this club.”

One Step Back To Take Two Forward

Although his 2015 injury was a huge blow for both Molino and the team – leaving a huge void in midfield they struggled to fill at times – the short-term pain could lead to long-term gain. While he is quick and skillful, Molino lacked a little weight for the week-in, week-out rigors of MLS, but he believes the lay off helped him work on that. “I spent a lot of time in the gym during my rehab,” he insists, “and I feel stronger as a result, mentally as well as physically.” At the end of 2014, he was listed at 143 lbs. Now he weighs it in at a more robust 155.

That Elusive First Goal

While Molino remains one of the team’s chief creators, he has yet to bag his first MLS goal, and that bothers him, especially after his prolific 20-goal USL season in 2014. “It’s definitely on my mind,” he says. “My job is to make and score goals. I have certainly had a couple of chances this year and, no excuses, I should have done better. The reality is, I have to finish and it is something I have to keep working on.”

Plenty More Like Me

Molino is well established in the Trinidad and Tobago national team – coming off a shift in last week's 3-2 win over St. Vincent and the Grenadines on the road (“It’s good to have him back,” said T&T head coach Stephen Hart. “It’s exciting for the country and fantastic news he is playing 90 minutes for Orlando again”) – but he insists there are certainly others like him on the islands. “Yes, there are plenty of players there but it is a hard place to come out of. They just need the chance – like me.”

Giving Back To His Community

Having made a name for himself in the pro game, and being a proud representative of his country in both playing and community terms, Molino wants to do more for Trinidad and Tobago. “Yes, some kind of foundation to help others there is one of my goals,” he admits. “I would like to give back in many different ways, not just by showing them some love but by showing how much football can get you if you work hard and are dedicated.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino hopes to get first MLS goal against Portland
« Reply #278 on: April 02, 2016, 07:35:54 PM »
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino hopes to get first MLS goal against Portland
By Alicia DelGallo (Orlando Sentinel)

There will be dancing when Kevin Molino finally scores.

And, if what Kaká says is true, many more Molino goals to follow for Orlando City.

"I think it is an emotional thing, because he's a very good finisher," Kaká said of his teammate. "But he didn't play last year, he hasn't scored in MLS yet. This increases anxiousness. Now, we have to take care of him. We are going to create a lot of opportunities for him, and when he scores his first goal, probably he is going to score a lot of goals for us."

The hope is Molino, who returned this season from an ACL tear, will score his first Major League Soccer goal Sunday night in Orlando City's match against the reigning MLS champion Portland Timbers at the Citrus Bowl.

Molino shattered records in 2014, scoring 20 goals for Orlando City on his way to becoming the USL MVP. He was playing the best soccer of his life then, he said, and was the first person the Lions signed to their expansion MLS team.

But Molino played seven games in MLS before collapsing during a friendly in May, suffering an ACL injury that ended his season.

He returned to the pitch in March, still in purple, the potential he showed before injury keeping him safe among a slew of offseason roster changes.

The healthy Molino was just as quick, had the enthusiasm only nine months away from a game you love can bring, created just as many opportunities and still broke free from defenders with ease — but he has yet to find the back of the net for Orlando City.

"It's one of the areas we've spoken to Kevin about," said Lions coach Adrian Heath, who couldn't take his eyes of the 5-foot-8 winger during a scouting trip to see a different player in Trinidad back in 2011. "He's got virtually everything you need in a modern midfield attacking player. I know what it's like when you come back from an ACL. You start off full of enthusiasm and then the newness wears off a bit."

In the first few games this year, Molino favored taking another pass instead of firing on goal when he had an open look. The most obvious hesitation came during the Lions' first road trip against NYCFC, when Molino squandered a wide-open look with a stutter-step.

Kaká, who did not travel with the team due to a thigh strain, posted to his Twitter account after the misstep, "Kevinnnnnnnnnnn!!!! I'll kill you tomorrow bro," with a smiley face.

"I did miss an easy chance in that game, so I know how he feels about it," Molino said of Kaká. "He has so much confidence in me and he believes in me, so I know he expected me to score that goal.

"As he said, once I get that first goal, I'll be good."

Last week, Molino played for Trinidad and Tobago in World Cup qualifiers and scored for the first time since his USL days — a confidence-boosting goal for his country in the 67th minute of a 6-0 win over St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

"It's very important to get a goal no matter where you play," Molino said. "Having not played for almost a year and getting a goal now is good going into the game on Sunday."

And if that elusive goal does come against Portland, what will he do?

"Dance," he said. "You'll see."

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino hopes to get first MLS goal against Portland
« Reply #279 on: April 03, 2016, 07:37:23 PM »
Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino hopes to get first MLS goal against Portland
By Alicia DelGallo (Orlando Sentinel)

There will be dancing when Kevin Molino finally scores.

And, if what Kaká says is true, many more Molino goals to follow for Orlando City.

"I think it is an emotional thing, because he's a very good finisher," Kaká said of his teammate. "But he didn't play last year, he hasn't scored in MLS yet. This increases anxiousness. Now, we have to take care of him. We are going to create a lot of opportunities for him, and when he scores his first goal, probably he is going to score a lot of goals for us."

The hope is Molino, who returned this season from an ACL tear, will score his first Major League Soccer goal Sunday night in Orlando City's match against the reigning MLS champion Portland Timbers at the Citrus Bowl.

Molino shattered records in 2014, scoring 20 goals for Orlando City on his way to becoming the USL MVP. He was playing the best soccer of his life then, he said, and was the first person the Lions signed to their expansion MLS team.

But Molino played seven games in MLS before collapsing during a friendly in May, suffering an ACL injury that ended his season.

He returned to the pitch in March, still in purple, the potential he showed before injury keeping him safe among a slew of offseason roster changes.

The healthy Molino was just as quick, had the enthusiasm only nine months away from a game you love can bring, created just as many opportunities and still broke free from defenders with ease — but he has yet to find the back of the net for Orlando City.

"It's one of the areas we've spoken to Kevin about," said Lions coach Adrian Heath, who couldn't take his eyes of the 5-foot-8 winger during a scouting trip to see a different player in Trinidad back in 2011. "He's got virtually everything you need in a modern midfield attacking player. I know what it's like when you come back from an ACL. You start off full of enthusiasm and then the newness wears off a bit."

In the first few games this year, Molino favored taking another pass instead of firing on goal when he had an open look. The most obvious hesitation came during the Lions' first road trip against NYCFC, when Molino squandered a wide-open look with a stutter-step.

Kaká, who did not travel with the team due to a thigh strain, posted to his Twitter account after the misstep, "Kevinnnnnnnnnnn!!!! I'll kill you tomorrow bro," with a smiley face.

"I did miss an easy chance in that game, so I know how he feels about it," Molino said of Kaká. "He has so much confidence in me and he believes in me, so I know he expected me to score that goal.

"As he said, once I get that first goal, I'll be good."

Last week, Molino played for Trinidad and Tobago in World Cup qualifiers and scored for the first time since his USL days — a confidence-boosting goal for his country in the 67th minute of a 6-0 win over St. Vincent and the Grenadines.

"It's very important to get a goal no matter where you play," Molino said. "Having not played for almost a year and getting a goal now is good going into the game on Sunday."

And if that elusive goal does come against Portland, what will he do?

"Dance," he said. "You'll see."
mods what's up with the trinis in action thread of late? it certainly would be nice to see how the lads are doing for their clubs.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: April 03, 2016, 07:43:37 PM »

Good question. Where is the Trinis in Action thread? Right now Molino on the field for Orlando

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: April 03, 2016, 07:53:21 PM »

Molino just scored his first goal in MLS!

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: April 03, 2016, 07:55:06 PM »
Did the champion dance.

Commentators talked about him a lot and even talked about the West Indies victory today.
Orlando is destroying the current MLS champions 4-0

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: April 03, 2016, 07:55:49 PM »
Created the penalty then scored it. Happy for him, and nice for Kaka to let him take it

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #284 on: April 03, 2016, 08:06:58 PM »
Big up to Molino scoring his 1st MLS Goal  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: ... Watching the game on FS1.... Got a video, but not sure how to upload... Will send to Soca Warriors Fb page

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #285 on: April 03, 2016, 08:13:03 PM »
Big up to Molino scoring his 1st MLS Goal  :wavetowel: :wavetowel: :wavetowel: ... Watching the game on FS1.... Got a video, but not sure how to upload... Will send to Soca Warriors Fb page

If you get it uploaded on youtube. Post it here too  :beermug:

http://www.socawarriors.net/forum/index.php?topic=53717.0

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: April 03, 2016, 08:14:27 PM »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Molino notches first MLS Goal against Portland Timbers
« Reply #287 on: April 03, 2016, 09:16:00 PM »
Molino notches first MLS Goal against Portland Timbers
By Nicholas Murray (uslsoccer.com)

It was a long time coming for two-time USL Most Valuable Player Kevin Molino, but on Sunday night the Trinidad & Tobago international notched his first goal in MLS as Orlando City SC romped to a 4-1 victory against defending MLS Cup champions the Portland Timbers.

Molino recorded his first assist in MLS last season before a torn ACL ended his year abruptly after only seven games. After adding another assist in a 1-1 draw against Chicago on March 11, Molino finally broke through against Portland. After being brought down in the penalty area, Molino converted from the spot with 14 minutes to go in front of 31,114 fans at the Orlando Citrus Bowl.

Molino scored 27 goals over four seasons for Orlando in the USL, and set a then single-season league record with 20 goals in the 2014 season. On Sunday night, he proved a threat throughout the contest, finishing with a team-high five shots as the Lions saw captain Kaka record a goal and two assists to lead the club top of the Eastern Conference standings.

After scoring in midweek for Trinidad & Tobago in the Soca Warriors’ 6-0 win against St. Vincent & the Grenadines, Molino will now look to push on and help the Lions maintain their strong early position in the MLS standings.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/OKj0vEvMkIs?start=51" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/OKj0vEvMkIs?start=51</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: April 04, 2016, 05:09:50 AM »
Good to see he got it. Now he could relax and score a whole set more.

Offline samo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: April 04, 2016, 07:45:57 AM »
Saw the game.. He hustled plenty and was happy to see Kaka let him take the penalty.  Good game

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #291 on: April 04, 2016, 03:12:19 PM »
The greatest joy was to see him do the champion dance to support the WI men's victory. Not many people understood the story behind his celebration, but the commentators actually talked about the WI victory earlier in the game. Great game! Great victory! and Great opportunity for Molino. Kaka is a class act!
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #292 on: April 04, 2016, 05:28:23 PM »
He did it when he scored vs SVG too...will probably spread like wildfire
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: April 14, 2016, 02:20:54 PM »
Collaborating with designer Matt Stone, Orlando City SC have marked the 100th appearance of Kevin Molino with this gameday poster for Orlando City SC vs. New England Revolution (April 17th, 2016).

Concerning his inspiration for the poster, Matt says, "I wanted to pay homage to Kevin Molino for having his 100th OC appearance and try to tie in some iconography that had subtle connections to the story of his career and his history with the club. Apparent above his head is the Trinidad and Tobago flag where Molino was born and where club first took notice of his athleticism and drive. The three portrait views of Molino are reminiscent of the old Orlando City crest when Molino took the pitch for the first time with OC."

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #294 on: April 14, 2016, 03:27:42 PM »
Amazing tribute. OC has a lot of time for Molino.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: April 14, 2016, 03:28:56 PM »
Nice!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: April 14, 2016, 04:09:07 PM »
Whaaaat real nice. They love we boy in orlando

Offline FireBrand

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: April 17, 2016, 03:58:23 PM »
He came on in the 61' and changed the game against NE Revolution. He scored in injury time to put Orlando ahead, but NE got a controversial penalty soon after to tie the game...2-2.
« Last Edit: April 17, 2016, 04:00:23 PM by FireBrand »
Warrior Nation Member At Large

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: April 17, 2016, 06:11:05 PM »
He came on in the 61' and changed the game against NE Revolution. He scored in injury time to put Orlando ahead, but NE got a controversial penalty soon after to tie the game...2-2.

Molino's goal
http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/04/17/goal-kevin-molino-scores-dramatic-fashion?autoplay=true
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: April 30, 2016, 08:49:48 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino scores his third goal of the season during Orlando City’s 2-2 draw with New England Revolution.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/2GyVowLO9XI?start=74" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/2GyVowLO9XI?start=74</a>

1]; } ?>