March 28, 2024, 04:03:51 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162335 times)

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #300 on: May 01, 2016, 01:15:49 AM »
Heard he went off hurt, is he ok?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #301 on: May 01, 2016, 07:03:49 AM »
Heard he went off hurt, is he ok?

He's fine.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #302 on: May 06, 2016, 03:04:21 AM »
Copa America will be bitter sweet for Molino.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

As the Copa America Centenario approaches and Orlando is one of the host cities next month, a media day was hosted in the city this week where several big names came together to speak about the upcoming event.

Two players from Orlando City are in the preliminary squads of their national teams for the tournament. Team captain Kaká (Brazil) and midfielder Cristian Higuita (Colombia) are likely to feature.

When asked by the media in Orlando to comment on whether he was excited about the tournament, T&T midfielder Kevin Molino said he was anticipating it but it could have been a much different picture for him.

“It’s a little bit bittersweet for me because T&T was about to qualify for the Copa twice and was knocked out,” he said.

“Some of our players will be there, which is good for them, but disappointing in a way that we will be out a couple of players. We're just happy for them and wish them the best of luck.

“I wasn’t able to play in our final qualifier in January because of my injury and unfortunately for us our team was not in the best shape mentally and I think we didn’t play our best game which saw us lose out to Haiti. That was a big disappointment because we missed out on a great opportunity. But we have the World Cup qualifiers to still look forward to and we have a couple good friendlies this month,” Molino added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #303 on: May 06, 2016, 07:38:07 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino earns a point for Orlando City in a 1-1 draw with New York Red Bulls. This is Molino’s fourth goal in six games.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/1hrLpW-RkX4?start=102" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/1hrLpW-RkX4?start=102</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #304 on: May 06, 2016, 08:29:26 PM »
orlando defending atrocious.........team still not lookin cohesive two season on......
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino’s hard work finally paying off
« Reply #305 on: May 12, 2016, 03:45:13 PM »
Kevin Molino’s hard work finally paying off
By Lucas Casás (orlandocitysc.com)

First, he got the monkey off his back. Then he put his team on it.

Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino has been on a tear in recent weeks, scoring four goals in his last six games. He’s been left off the score sheet just once since scoring his first career MLS goal.

It was a fitting end to a difficult journey.

On May 2, 2015, Molino tore his ACL, derailing his first MLS season just when he started to hit his stride. A nine-month recovery followed, but a show of support from the team captain kept his spirits high.

So when the Lions were awarded a penalty kick on April 3 against Portland, instead of going after his tenth MLS goal, Kaká handed the ball to Molino so he could get his first. He slotted it into the left side of the goal, and hasn’t looked back since.

“It meant a lot,” Molino said of Kaká’s most recent gesture. “He knew how important that goal meant to me and publicly I just want to tell him thanks. He helped my confidence a lot and right through my recovery he showed me a lot of support.

“The team, the fans and people back home, I just want to tell them thank you. I want to tell Orlando Health thanks for the opportunity to play because being in that surgery room I couldn’t walk and now I can still play the beautiful game of football. I want to thank everyone for the love and support and the kindness.”

His team is just as happy as he is that he’s back. He assisted on a crucial goal against Philadelphia and scored in stoppage time against the Revolution the next week. Then two weeks later, he scored the game-tying goal against the Revs and hit another equalizer Friday against New York, maintaining the Lions’ undefeated home record.

“All the work I’ve been putting in over the past couple months, it shows,” Molino said. “Don’t take it for granted because I remember being away from the game for nine, 10 months so it’s just keeping that mentality and continue working hard to help the team qualify for the playoffs.

“Four goals is not enough. Ten is not enough. I need to keep going to the very end.”

Molino’s four goals have him tied with Cyle Larin for the team lead, but it’s the way he’s scoring them that has his coach excited.

“He’s starting to get himself right in the mix of the box and that’s something that we’ve spoke to him [about],” Adrian Heath said, alluding to his goals against the Revs and Red Bulls. “Keep getting in between the posts, in and around the six-yard box. Things will happen for you.

“He’s in a rich vain of form,” Heath said. “Long may that continue.”

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #306 on: May 12, 2016, 04:44:10 PM »

Hopefully his goal scoring run doesn't make him too vein
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #307 on: May 12, 2016, 06:03:45 PM »

Hopefully his goal scoring run doesn't make him too vein
:devil:

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #308 on: May 25, 2016, 05:22:58 PM »
Looks like he's been benched. The second game on the trot that he has started on the bench.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #309 on: May 25, 2016, 07:06:45 PM »
Molino on. And SCORES with his first touch!

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #310 on: May 25, 2016, 07:07:47 PM »
His fifth of the season.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #311 on: May 25, 2016, 09:22:48 PM »
Well done once again he in the right place at the right time

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #312 on: May 25, 2016, 09:25:21 PM »
orlando can't protect a lead for nutten boy ???
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #313 on: May 26, 2016, 05:10:12 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino scores his fifth goal of the season within a minute of being brought on as a substitute. Orlando City 2-2 Philadelphia Union.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xuGMb31B7x8?start=95" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xuGMb31B7x8?start=95</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #314 on: May 26, 2016, 01:50:27 PM »

Their defence more than suspect.  They get charged and convicted.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #315 on: May 26, 2016, 01:52:03 PM »

Their defence more than suspect.  They get charged and convicted.
Lol  :beermug: they was dis bad in dey USL days? cause d defending does border on d jokey at times, such is d ineptitude.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 26, 2016, 01:57:14 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #316 on: May 29, 2016, 04:18:45 PM »
He just assisted my compatriot Julio Baptista! NYC 2 x 1 ORL

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #317 on: May 29, 2016, 04:40:14 PM »
He just assisted my compatriot Julio Baptista! NYC 2 x 1 ORL

And then he scored on the last minute to tie the match!!! NYC 2 x 2 ORL
Incredible! #VivaMolino

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #318 on: May 29, 2016, 04:44:35 PM »
Kaka who?  ;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #319 on: May 29, 2016, 04:54:03 PM »
molino seem to be catching fire.......too bad he team cyah defend as good as dey attack shoulda be higher up d table
I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #320 on: May 29, 2016, 05:05:17 PM »
nice header too
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #321 on: May 29, 2016, 05:20:55 PM »
Niceness for Molino. OC need a clean sheet.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #322 on: May 29, 2016, 11:35:25 PM »
WATCH: Can’t stop, won’t stop. Kevin Molino salvages a point for Orlando City in their 2-2 draw with New York City FC.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/75Bi_HKsj_s?start=140" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/75Bi_HKsj_s?start=140</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando City’s Kevin Molino named to MLS Team of the Week
« Reply #323 on: May 30, 2016, 05:58:45 PM »
Orlando City’s Kevin Molino named to MLS Team of the Week
By Neil Falcone (otowns11.com)

Kevin Molino has been named to the MLS Team of the Week after his one goal and one assist performance to help lead Orlando City to a two goal comeback against New York City FC on Sunday and his equalizing goal off of the bench against Philadelphia on Wednesday.

Kevin has been one of Orlando City’s most consistent players this season. He now has six goals and three assists in just 908 minutes this season.

Molino’s six goals are second highest league wide among midfielders, trailing only Montreal Impact’s Ignacio Piatti, who has scored eight goals.

After just thirteen games, I think it’s safe to say that Kevin Molino is 100% back from his injury and is one of the most promising players in Major League Soccer.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #324 on: May 30, 2016, 06:06:40 PM »
Yesterday was the best game he's played this season. Not only did he score a goal but created several opportunities for teammates. He is really becoming a total midfielder.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #325 on: May 30, 2016, 06:22:07 PM »
Yesterday was the best game he's played this season. Not only did he score a goal but created several opportunities for teammates. He is really becoming a total midfielder.

agree jus wish dey could defend they are really....REALLY BAD at defence...they look as lost as our second stringers at times......I saw a player simply stand and watch a gettable ball right over his head and never moved a muscle, think it was in last weeks draw....both goals conceded could be blamed on comical defending
I pity the fool....

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #326 on: May 30, 2016, 06:47:58 PM »
Yes but that is a problem with a lot of MLS teams as they tend to spend a majority of their salary cap money on Forwards and Midfielders. But I do agree that they are bad by MLS standards. I believe this is why the coach benched Molino for a couple weeks. Winter the player who replaced Molino is a better defensive player and maybe the coach figured with Kaka and Larin there he needed more defensive minded players to balance.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #327 on: May 30, 2016, 06:58:11 PM »
Yes but that is a problem with a lot of MLS teams as they tend to spend a majority of their salary cap money on Forwards and Midfielders. But I do agree that they are bad by MLS standards. I believe this is why the coach benched Molino for a couple weeks. Winter the player who replaced Molino is a better defensive player and maybe the coach figured with Kaka and Larin there he needed more defensive minded players to balance.

didn't seem to work....he was mad as hell too after one the 2-2 result, equalizing goal was completely avoidable...molino did give dem d lead late from off d bench too.
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

1]; } ?>