April 17, 2024, 08:22:45 PM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 163387 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #332 on: June 18, 2016, 07:36:01 PM »
dis team couldn't even hold a lead for 2min steups
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #333 on: June 19, 2016, 10:08:34 AM »
Orlando City Copa America Break Player Grades: Kevin Molino (A+)
By Neil Falcone (otowns11.com)

Orlando City midfielder Kevin Molino has returned to the form that saw him win the USL Pro’s Most Valuable Player award in 2014 and it couldn’t have come at a more important time for the Lions.

Molino has featured in all but 1 of Orlando City’s matches this year, bringing much needed stability to a midfield that’s had to deal with injuries to integral parts like Kaka, Darwin Ceren, and Cristian Higuita.

Ever since Kaka gave him the chance to open Pandora’s box from the penalty spot against Portland in early April, Kevin has been the Lion’s most prolific scorer, and most important attacking player.

We’re now thirteen games into the 2016 MLS season and Molino is second in the league among all midfielders with 6 goals scored.

Not only does he have a good scoring record, but it seems like he keeps popping up when the team needs him the most: of the Trinidad and Tobago international’s 6 goals this season, 5 of them have come in the second half of games, with 3 of them coming in the last 15 minutes, and 5 of them have been equalizers.

When Molino has scored this season, Orlando City hasn’t lost a game (one win and five draws).

On top of his goal scoring prowess, he’s also managed to bag 3 assists so far. One each to teammates Cyle Larin (on March 11th against Chicago), Adrian Winter (April 8th against Philadelphia), and Julio Baptista (May 29th against NYCFC).

Most Memorable Performance:

Kevin Molino’s most memorable performance so far this season was also his most recent one, a 2-2 draw against NYCFC at Yankee Stadium.

This particular match was, for 70+ minutes, one of Orlando City’s most frustrating to watch. Besides an early chance for Cyle Larin that went begging, the Lions couldn’t create much of anything.

NYCFC grabbed the lead three minutes before halftime when defender Frederic Brillant finished off an RJ Allen cross. Andrea Pirlo found fellow FIFA World Cup and UEFA Champion’s League winner, David Villa, in the 66th minute who chipped Joe Bendik for world class goal to make the score 2-0.

When Villa stepped up to take a penalty, controversially called on Seb Hines for a handball in the box, just three minutes after his first goal, I thought he would tuck it away and put the match out of reach, especially with how uninspiring we had been up until that point going forward. Instead the Spaniard slipped on the right field grass and sent his penalty into the second deck, first baseline seats of Yankee Stadium, giving the Lions some kind of lifeline, and up stepped Mr. Molino.

Just two minutes after the penalty slip, Kevin played an incisive ball to Julio Baptista in the penalty box, where the “Beast” shimmied Brillant to the ground and drove a low deflected shot into the bottom left corner of Josh Saunders goal. His first goal for the Lions made it 2-1 and with 18 minutes left, it was game on.

As the clock wore on, it appeared that maybe Orlando City had finally run out of late game magic and would succumb to their careless play early in the match, and then it happened…again.

In the fourth minute of the guaranteed three minutes of stoppage time, Carlos Rivas whipped in a powerful curling cross with his left foot. The cross brought Larin to deep to make an attempt on goal, so he squared a header back across the box and just as it appeared Baptista was about to rifle a bicycle kick into the back of the net, Kevin Molino stuck his head in and placed his shot perfectly off the underside of the crossbar to steal another point at the death for Orlando City.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #334 on: June 25, 2016, 07:25:53 PM »
2 Assists for Molino. Orlando up 2-1 vs Toronto. Orlando would not win this game without Molino's contribution

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #335 on: June 25, 2016, 07:28:51 PM »
and yet again steups 2-2 cyah defend
I pity the fool....

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #336 on: June 25, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »
2 Assists for Molino. Orlando up 2-1 vs Toronto. Orlando would not win this game without Molino's contribution

I was about to post it, hahah. You beat me.

His first assist was amazing. Beautiful first touch!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #337 on: June 25, 2016, 07:40:56 PM »
3-2 lil questionable in d end but say wah :P
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #338 on: June 26, 2016, 08:28:54 AM »
WATCH: He didn’t score a goal this weekend, but check out Kevin Molino’s two assists in Orlando City’s 3-2 win over Toronto FC. The first one is a one-time incisive pass which splits the defense. The second is a chip into the penalty area.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/0MX6iwyMHFs?start=25" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/0MX6iwyMHFs?start=25</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #339 on: June 26, 2016, 01:11:40 PM »
Nice performance. The first pass was fantastic.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #340 on: July 01, 2016, 04:35:43 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino scores in Orlando City’s 2-1 loss to Ft. Lauderdale Strikers in a round of 16 US Open Cup match.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dK1y6BGkz5E?start=14" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dK1y6BGkz5E?start=14</a>

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #341 on: July 01, 2016, 06:03:30 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino scores in Orlando City’s 2-1 loss to Ft. Lauderdale Strikers in a round of 16 US Open Cup match.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/dK1y6BGkz5E?start=14" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/dK1y6BGkz5E?start=14</a>
He get send off in this game too. Slap up a man or something.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #342 on: July 03, 2016, 01:36:37 PM »

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #343 on: July 04, 2016, 07:51:37 PM »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #344 on: July 06, 2016, 08:09:04 PM »
Orlando City part ways with coach Heath

http://orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/07/06/orlando-city-sc-agrees-part-ways-head-coach-adrian-heath

ORLANDO, Fla. (July 6, 2016) – Orlando City SC has agreed to amicably part ways with Head Coach Adrian Heath, effective today.

Coach Heath has been with the club since its beginnings in Austin, Texas, in 2008. He relocated with the team to Orlando in 2011.

“It is always a very difficult decision to part ways with a head coach and not one that the Board of Directors has taken lightly. It is even more difficult when that coach has been instrumental in the growth of the Club since its inception over eight years ago. Adrian has served this Club with passion and enthusiasm,” said Orlando City SC Founder & President Phil Rawlins. “While our successes together are undoubtable, we believe the renewed energy this change will bring will be uplifting for the team. We feel that the time has come for us to move on with our future in MLS. We continue to remain very excited about the growth of our Club.”   

“This is a very difficult moment, but I fully support the decision made by the Board. I want to thank Adrian for the commitment and hard work he has given our team over the years and wish him success in his career,” said Club Majority Owner Flavio Augusto da Silva.  “Now, it’s time for us to turn our focus onto the rest of the season. We will do everything in our power to continue improving and giving our fans the best of us because they have been fantastic supporters."

Heath had a tremendous track record with Orlando City, winning two USL Championships and three USL regular season titles.

Assistant Head Coach, Mark Watson, has also left the Club by mutual agreement, effective immediately.

While the Club conducts a comprehensive search for a new head coach, the team will be led by Assistant Coach Bobby Murphy and Orlando City B Assistant Coach Anthony Pulis.

« Last Edit: July 06, 2016, 08:12:48 PM by Peong »

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #345 on: July 07, 2016, 10:24:30 AM »
Orlando City part ways with coach Heath

http://orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/07/06/orlando-city-sc-agrees-part-ways-head-coach-adrian-heath

ORLANDO, Fla. (July 6, 2016) – Orlando City SC has agreed to amicably part ways with Head Coach Adrian Heath, effective today.

Coach Heath has been with the club since its beginnings in Austin, Texas, in 2008. He relocated with the team to Orlando in 2011.

“It is always a very difficult decision to part ways with a head coach and not one that the Board of Directors has taken lightly. It is even more difficult when that coach has been instrumental in the growth of the Club since its inception over eight years ago. Adrian has served this Club with passion and enthusiasm,” said Orlando City SC Founder & President Phil Rawlins. “While our successes together are undoubtable, we believe the renewed energy this change will bring will be uplifting for the team. We feel that the time has come for us to move on with our future in MLS. We continue to remain very excited about the growth of our Club.”   

“This is a very difficult moment, but I fully support the decision made by the Board. I want to thank Adrian for the commitment and hard work he has given our team over the years and wish him success in his career,” said Club Majority Owner Flavio Augusto da Silva.  “Now, it’s time for us to turn our focus onto the rest of the season. We will do everything in our power to continue improving and giving our fans the best of us because they have been fantastic supporters."

Heath had a tremendous track record with Orlando City, winning two USL Championships and three USL regular season titles.

Assistant Head Coach, Mark Watson, has also left the Club by mutual agreement, effective immediately.

While the Club conducts a comprehensive search for a new head coach, the team will be led by Assistant Coach Bobby Murphy and Orlando City B Assistant Coach Anthony Pulis.

Isn't he the Canadian who poison we in the Gold Cup that cause Jack to fire Berthill?
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: July 07, 2016, 11:20:33 AM »
A wuk fuh SH jes open up  ;)
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: July 07, 2016, 11:28:55 AM »
A wuk fuh SH jes open up  ;)

Why you looking to cause trouble  ;D
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: July 07, 2016, 01:24:43 PM »
Well I am not surprised, this team can score goals but little else, if u count the leads turned to draws and losses they should be close to top, if not top.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: July 07, 2016, 03:31:30 PM »
Antoine Griezmann - Kevin Molino

Olivier Giroud - Kenwyne Jones

SIMPLE

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #350 on: July 08, 2016, 10:57:29 AM »
I just have one question for Orlando. What took u so long? And Palos, put down that pipe...
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: July 08, 2016, 11:08:07 AM »
I just have one question for Orlando. What took u so long? And Palos, put down that pipe...
Why?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Orlando turn to Kevin Molino for leadership with Kaká out injured vs. RBNY
« Reply #352 on: July 13, 2016, 06:19:06 PM »
Orlando turn to Kevin Molino for leadership with Kaká out injured vs. RBNY
By Simon Veness (mlssoccer.com)

Kevin Molino knows he isn’t Kaká but, for at least this week, he believes he can carry the torch for Orlando City SC’s injured captain and star man.

With the great Brazilian sidelined for a second successive week by a thigh strain as the Lions start a demanding three-game road trip at New York Red Bulls on Wednesday evening (7:30 pm ET; MLS LIVE), the Trinidadian midfielder is ready to step into the substantial void for a team still in transition after the departure of head coach Adrian Heath.

And, asked if he was ready to become the team leader in Kaká’s absence, Molino was unequivocal.

“Definitely,” he insisted. “I have been here in the US six years now, and I have been a leader [in the past,] so why not be a leader now?

“It’s very important [that someone steps up] when we lose Kaká, who brings something different to the table. When he is on the field, he opens up more opportunities for me and Cyle [Larin]. He is a big loss but he’ll be back soon and we just have to keep some momentum going until then.”

Molino was the USL MVP in 2014 prior to Orlando joining MLS, and he is looking to get back to his best after missing most of 2015 with a knee injury. And, although he has played mainly on the right of midfield to date, he relishes the chance to take Kaká’s role in New York.

“Playing the No. 10 is one of my favorite positions because I love to roam and be more free,” Molino explained. “Being on the right side is more disciplined and there is a lot more defending, but being in that free role, I get more opportunity to get forward, make chances and score goals.”

Making chances and scoring goals is what Molino is all about. He bagged a USL-record 20 in 2014 and has six tallies and five assists in 14 starts this season. He chalked up a memorable solo effort against Fort Lauderdale in US Open Cup action last month, and almost had a similar goal in last Friday’s 0-0 home draw with Houston but for a stunning Tyler Deric save.

“When you look back at the game on Friday, I think we coped well,” Molino said. “After the loss of a coach and playing a game straight after, we responded well. I think we deserved more from the game, but most importantly we need to look forward to these three crucial games on the road, which is a difficult time. Individually and collectively we need to step up and pull each other along and hopefully we’ll get some points on the road.”

After New York, Orlando will take a flight direct to Vancouver ahead of Saturday’s clash with the Whitecaps (10 pm ET; MLS LIVE in the US, TSN1 and RDS2 in Canada), and they then return home for a few days before a trip to Columbus on July 23. But Molino is anxious to make sure no one looks past the Red Bulls.

“First we have to look at New York and get three points there,” he pointed out. “We need to get a win to boost our confidence and get back across the red line. If we could get to fourth place, that would help us a lot going to Vancouver. 

“It definitely helps [to put some of the noise in the background] while we go on the road, but we’re playing some good quality teams, so we’ll have to be mentally strong and well focused. And, when we come back home, we need to finish games off. As a team we tend to score and then relax sometimes, so we need to finish games off at home as soon as possible. When we look at the fans, we have to give credit to them. They deserve more to be honest.”

The Lions have taken only one point off two previous games with the Red Bulls this season, but they chalked up their best road win of 2015 at Red Bull Arena, and Molino is optimistic they can thrive there once more.

“We know how they play,” he added. “They are a fantastic team when they have the ball, and in defense, but we just have to focus on breaking them down, on our strengths, and try to get an early goal to put them under some pressure.

“When you play the Red Bulls it is always a good encounter, good competition, like the last game [against them] at home, even though we tied. Now we have to go there again so we have to keep our heads up high, work hard and try to get above that red line.”

The other unspoken task for the Lions is trying to find closure after the loss of a long-time head coach who had particularly close ties to players like Molino. The Trinidadian was recruited by Heath in 2011 and they formed a close bond during their four USL seasons.

“It was a pleasure to work with Adrian for the past few years,” Molino confirmed. “I owe him so much and it is definitely a loss for me personally. But, as a team, you have to find a way to build up your strength and keep going together.

“It is a team sport and we have to help each other, pull each other along when we’re going through a difficult time. We have been doing that well so far.”

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: July 13, 2016, 08:09:54 PM »
Orlando lost 2-0 tonight
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: July 14, 2016, 04:11:46 AM »
Orlando lost 2-0 tonight
How did they look defending on the goals, all the goals I have seen scored on them they looked pretty clueless.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: July 23, 2016, 07:50:30 PM »
I tuned in from about the 60th. With Orlando 2 down Molino scramble a goal and set up the equaliser with a nice cross for Larin. Both sides then got numerous chances and squandered all. I talkin about woeful finishing on both ends and the defenders just spectating. Both sides should have had a couple more goals.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: July 23, 2016, 10:29:30 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino’s goal and assist earns Orlando City a come-from-behind 2-2 draw with Columbus Crew

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/EzVWkMKK9v4?start=168" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/EzVWkMKK9v4?start=168</a>

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: July 31, 2016, 07:19:47 PM »
Orlando winning right now molino with a double
« Last Edit: July 31, 2016, 08:59:08 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: July 31, 2016, 09:08:37 PM »
Molino also got the assist for Larin's goal which took a deflection on it's way through.
Molino is really delivering.

1]; } ?>