March 29, 2024, 05:24:53 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162487 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #360 on: July 31, 2016, 09:21:24 PM »
maybe is jus me, but I find Molino contributions does be treated as ah side note compared to how d commentators does be gushin all over kaka and Larin
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: July 31, 2016, 11:14:40 PM »
maybe is jus me, but I find Molino contributions does be treated as ah side note compared to how d commentators does be gushin all over kaka and Larin

Is not jus you padna
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: August 01, 2016, 12:09:05 AM »
MLS commentators are garbage. Too many times they cater to beginner fans. They love to hype up Kaka who can do no wrong. In the previous OCFC game Kaka was nonexistent, just jogging around losing the ball and they made no negative mention of him.

Anyway the orlando fan site has some positive things to say.
http://www.themaneland.com/2016/7/31/12338720/orlando-city-vs-new-england-revolution-round-3-player-grades-and-man-of-the-match

MF, Kevin Molino: 8.5 (MOTM) - Molino Mania is sweeping the nation. Notched his eighth assist in the 46th minute on a pass to Larin to open Orlando's scoring. Had a great chance for a goal in the 52nd minute off of an Alston cross, but his deft flick went inches wide of the net. Scored his eighth goal on the year, a header from a cross from Shea, which gave Orlando the 2-1 lead. Then, in the 83rd minute, from a multitude of combination passes from Molino, Boden, and Kaká, the Trinidadian finished an open chance in the box for his ninth goal on the year.

And on his non-selection to the all star team
http://www.themaneland.com/2016/7/5/12094246/how-many-all-stars-should-orlando-city-actually-have

So, we already have Kaká in and he’s No. 1 on the list. Between him, Andrea Pirlo, Darlington Nagbe, and Giovani dos Santos, one of those isn’t like the others. (Pssst, it’s the one with one goal and five assists in 16 games.) Looking at you, Pirlo.

Sure, "No Pirlo, No Party" and Darlington Nagbe only has one goal and three assists through 11 games, but the difference those five games makes is eye-opening. So, let’s replace Pirlo with an Orlando City attacking midfielder who has six goals and five assists in Kevin Molino, who would actually be only second to Dos Santos in scoring among midfielders who were voted in. But, alas, Molino isn’t even in the pool of eligible players and #MolinoMania won’t be running wild in San Jose this year. Sad!

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: August 01, 2016, 05:12:00 AM »

Is not jus you padna

Tell me about it! They quick,quick to big up Kaka and Larin but yuh doh her nutten 'bout Molino till he score!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: August 01, 2016, 06:23:44 AM »

Is not jus you padna

Tell me about it! They quick,quick to big up Kaka and Larin but yuh doh her nutten 'bout Molino till he score!
Nah I find even when he score it does get quickly confined to "history" yet dey goh talk bout Larin bout 15 minutes after d fact....another example d fella dat score d hattrick for Bayern yesterday, dem f**ker forget dat dey commentating ah game and goin' on and on and on bout dis fella cause he's a yank........steups

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 01, 2016, 06:26:00 AM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: August 01, 2016, 02:11:38 PM »
Yeah Lefty, dey does geh drunk on their own honey quick, quick.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: August 01, 2016, 02:34:40 PM »
That is why we need to support Gayelle!!!!

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: August 01, 2016, 02:38:29 PM »
I know my comment above maybe off topic. But them people supporting their own. What can we say. When our local media decide to stream and show local sports, then we can big-up our girls and boys. I just hope Kevin is mentally and physical ready for the Guatemala game. I want us to win this game real bad.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: August 02, 2016, 10:38:47 AM »
What makes it even more silly is the wage disparity in these teams. Kaka making over 6 million a year versus Molino which is just over 100k.

Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: August 03, 2016, 02:48:10 PM »
What makes it even more silly is the wage disparity in these teams. Kaka making over 6 million a year versus Molino which is just over 100k.

How much Kaka jerseys does sell vs Molino jerseys?
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: August 03, 2016, 04:52:25 PM »

Probably more than Kevin.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: August 03, 2016, 11:09:19 PM »

Probably more than Kevin.
think it was a rhetorical question
http://www.espnfc.com/major-league-soccer/story/2676490/clint-dempsey-first-major-league-soccer-jersey-sales-top-20

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: August 04, 2016, 07:27:11 AM »

Do you know that Kaka is a former Fifa Ballon d'or winner right?

Also, Larin is the team's top scorer
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 07:32:11 AM by andre samuel »
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: August 04, 2016, 07:59:58 AM »

And did you know Molino has more goals and more assists than Kaka this season?

And if you combine goals and assists (16) Molino is tops on the team and actually one of the best in the league (Did a quick check and he could be top 5, behind Giovinco, Piatti and Kljestan, and tied with BWP). You would think on that basis alone that he would be recognized as one of the top threats for the team. Nevertheless, you barely hear his name. At least, so it would seem to me. Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

The point being made is that Molino doesn't seem to get enough recognition for his efforts/achievements.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:42:23 PM by Mose »
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: August 04, 2016, 11:13:36 AM »
He gets plenty. I find men crying for nothing.

I'm sure Molino is fine
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #375 on: August 04, 2016, 11:19:51 AM »

I am just drawing the comparison of output on the field vs compensation. i can appreciate the other business elements which will justify a wage package.

Kaka - 136,000 dollars a week (6 assists, 3 goals)
Molino - 2,300 dollars a week (7 assists, 9 goals)

The world is starting to see what we know and what Kevin is capable of, i just hope that Orlando recognizes his contribution with an improved deal as a show of faith. Orlando stuck with him during injury and if he can get them into the playoffs then that faith will be re-paid.

He is 26 now i believe, approaching the peak of his career. In the modern day business of football, he is worth much more than 2,300 dollars a week.

May i add that the majority of MLS players are not that well paid compared to other major sports in the US.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: August 04, 2016, 12:16:45 PM »
Everything depends on timing, and when contracts were signed. On the other note. When you come to the arena as the champion, everybody gushes all over you, and someone has to do something really spectacular to dethrone you - maybe single handidly take their national team to the world cup *puff*puff*pass. Other than that, most world cup appearances, followed by champions league, and making big money in Europe, will be put on the pedastal every time.
as a matter of fact, get a Brazil birth paper, and yuh set to play football anywhere.   :D
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 12:19:23 PM by maxg »

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: August 04, 2016, 01:41:55 PM »
I remember when Molino was touted to be the next big thing in the MLS before he kicked a ball in the league.

His initial season was disappointing, even with the same Kaka touting him as the player that he had seen most likely to play in Europe.  Then he had the injury.  The hype he came into the league with essentially fell flat.

Now into his 2nd season, his comeback from injury was eagerly anticipated but again he struggled.  It wasn't until a game when Orlando was awarded a penalty kick and the same Kaka stepped aside to allow Molino the opportunity to score.  He felt that once Molino scored his first goal, the rest would come.  Molino took his opportunity and so said so done.

I would not be at all suprised if Molino's teammates & management recognize AND appreciate his importance to Orlando.  None more so than Kaka.  And if so, that recognition/appreciation would mean more than any external factor which is out of anyone's control anyway.

« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 01:43:38 PM by palos »
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: August 04, 2016, 01:52:49 PM »
One thing about Heath doh, he didn't hesitate to give KM his deserved kudos. Nonetheless, there's no doubt KM is underpaid relative to the global soccer market ... except that he is in MLS and on an expansion team at that. Really only two ways to change that: earn a pay hike (which would still be relatively deficient) or command a transfer to a more lucrative market.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: August 04, 2016, 02:34:57 PM »
@palos: Actually I believe that in Orlando and within the team/organization itself he receives his due. My comments were more directed at the commentators of the Orlando games I've seen and based on my reasoning that he's earned the right, due to his on field performances this year, to be considered as one of the top threats on the team.

Could be multiple reasons for that. Example: I in Canada, so they could be just focusing on the global superstar and the Canadian kid. Or perhaps they just not doing they homework research properly, so they only talking 'bout the global superstar and the rookie of the year. Who knows.

@asylumseeker: Heath and the original ownership definitely gave Kevin his due and I believe he's actually relatively well paid considering he's on an expansion team. I'm not sure what the current owner thinks of him though and there's talk of some friction between the old guard and the new investors.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2016, 02:37:54 PM by Mose »

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: August 05, 2016, 11:24:17 AM »
@palos: Actually I believe that in Orlando and within the team/organization itself he receives his due. My comments were more directed at the commentators of the Orlando games I've seen and based on my reasoning that he's earned the right, due to his on field performances this year, to be considered as one of the top threats on the team.

Could be multiple reasons for that. Example: I in Canada, so they could be just focusing on the global superstar and the Canadian kid. Or perhaps they just not doing they homework research properly, so they only talking 'bout the global superstar and the rookie of the year. Who knows.

@asylumseeker: Heath and the original ownership definitely gave Kevin his due and I believe he's actually relatively well paid considering he's on an expansion team. I'm not sure what the current owner thinks of him though and there's talk of some friction between the old guard and the new investors.
I too referring to the commentary, not the team......molino gets due credit within the Orlando setup

I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Kreis impressed with Kevin Molino's talent but still looking for more
« Reply #381 on: August 05, 2016, 02:31:08 PM »
Jason Kreis impressed with Kevin Molino's talent but still looking for more
By Simon Veness (MLSsoccer.com)

Mention the name Kevin Molino anywhere around Orlando City SC, and you are likely to be met with instant approval from anyone you speak to. The Trinidadian midfielder is universally liked and admired, and is building a glowing resume of MLS work this year.

New Orlando head coach Jason Kreis is a more critical observer than most, however, and his two words that most sum up Molino are “improvement,’ and “humility” – as in he expects Kevin to work more on some aspects of his game, but he rates him one of the most humble individuals he has been around.

It is, perhaps, a surprising verdict on someone who has increasingly caught the eye this season. After missing most of 2015 with a cruel ACL tear, Molino has chalked up nine goals and seven assists this term, and has been a big part of the Lions’ attacking threat.

The 26-year-old from Carenage came in third in voting for Etihad Airways Player of the Month in July, behind only New York City’s veteran star Frank Lampard and stellar Portland goalkeeper Jake Gleeson, and he was also third in the Audi Player Index for Week 21, with only Lampard and Toronto’s reigning MVP Sebastian Giovinco ahead of him.

But Kreis is unequivocal in assessing Molino’s all-round game, and what he wants to see more of going forward.

“Kevin’s a very talented player – with the ball,” the head coach insisted. “When we have the ball, he finds good spots. Technically he does good things for himself, he makes good decisions in the final third and he can score goals, so he has all of those gifts and characteristics.

“What we have told him from Day One, when we sat down with him, is that it’s what happens when we don’t have the ball that is where we need improvement. We saw even in the game the other night, he scored two goals but there still needs to be improvement about how he is defending.”

Molino bagged his first MLS brace at home against New England last Sunday, and also earned an assist on Cyle Larin’s 11th goal of the season, but it is clear Kreis is going to be intensely critical when it comes to the defensive side of things.

Much of his early focus with the Lions is on how the team defends, which has been Orlando’s Achilles heel through the first half of the season, and he is still in the process of getting his own system in place.

“We’re still trying to improve the tactics and get players to see what our vision is and to put it into practice,” Kreis explained. “And it is looking good. Every single day so far I am really pleased with the training mentality of this group.

“I’m a coach that believes we should play to our strengths, that we should try to be perfect in our philosophy of play, and, if we do that, we can force opponents to adjust to us.”

Returning to Molino, Kreis is hugely complimentary of the player’s attitude and modesty. He is reluctant to draw comparisons, but he sees a great future in store for the slender midfielder.

“I haven’t been around him long enough to tell you [who he reminds me of], but I love the player,” Kreis said. “Most of all what I love about him is his humility. I think we can all take a lesson from people like that, who are extremely talented but willing to do all of the work and, at the same time, remain extremely humble about their own perception of themselves.”

Kreis has seen enough of the Orlando squad to think it stands a good chance of continuing to build on its recent promise. It is only below the red line because the have fewer wins than New England, and it now has an unbeaten home run that stretches back more than a year to July 18, 2015.

“Every team in this league represents a big challenge,” he stated. “We are all very, very equal, so often times it comes down to which team is a little more tactically organized, which team is perhaps a little more fit, and I think the biggest piece is which team wants it more. And I believe this group should be able to control that last factor, especially when we’re at home.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: August 08, 2016, 11:34:53 AM »
That team is rell shit on defense oui!  I watch that game and couldn't believe my eyes.  They rell miss Nashy yesterday.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: August 08, 2016, 11:47:27 AM »
That team is rell shit on defense oui!  I watch that game and couldn't believe my eyes.  They rell miss Nashy yesterday.
Yeah boy....it does be shocking at times, molino was injured or suspended?

I pity the fool....

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: August 08, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »
Yeah boy....it does be shocking at times molino was injured or suspended?

Commentators say tightness in his hamstring.  The most shocking thing for me was the whole talk about how the coach see defense as a target area to improve and then the team lay dong da pile ah shite!  The defending look like stuff I expect of 15 yr old players not people who supposed to be pros

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: August 08, 2016, 12:04:48 PM »
Yeah boy....it does be shocking at times molino was injured or suspended?

Commentators say tightness in his hamstring.  The most shocking thing for me was the whole talk about how the coach see defense as a target area to improve and then the team lay dong da pile ah shite!  The defending look like stuff I expect of 15 yr old players not people who supposed to be pros
Well in d coach defense he new, and is d same shit players heath had dat he working with....and they have been shocking by MLS standards since dey get promoted, dey also don't score as heavily as they create, so outscoring teams is not something dey could rely on either

I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: August 08, 2016, 12:39:47 PM »
I watched part of this game. I did hear that Molino was nursing a hamstring. I hope everything is good with him. I did look at JJ, and he did play pretty good. A couple decent and dangerous over laps were good to see. He timed these runs well. On defence he was also very good. Kept himself insight of the outside and the ball. Did not get beat. That was the first half. I don't know about the second half though. And Yes, Orlando did not look good in the first half. But I hope KM injury eh that serious.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: August 08, 2016, 03:03:39 PM »
I watched part of this game. I did hear that Molino was nursing a hamstring. I hope everything is good with him. I did look at JJ, and he did play pretty good. A couple decent and dangerous over laps were good to see. He timed these runs well. On defence he was also very good. Kept himself insight of the outside and the ball. Did not get beat. That was the first half. I don't know about the second half though. And Yes, Orlando did not look good in the first half. But I hope KM injury eh that serious.

JJ did well throughout.  That shit show in Orlando ensured he didn't have much issues forward or backward.  It's amazing to me how poor overall Orlando was on both sides of the ball.  Seattle had the ball and all day to figure out what they wanted to do with it.  When Orlando scored I thought they would continue to try and attack, instead they just boil down.  After that their offense had very little bite.  In fact it surprised me that more wasn't made of Nashy's absence given how ineffective the offense was overall.

Lefty I hear yuh but I feel like they looked a little worse than on other occasions when I saw them.  They made Seattle look like a top of the standings team when they too were struggling badly and also changed coaches recently.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: August 08, 2016, 05:37:53 PM »
In fact it surprised me that more wasn't made of Nashy's absence given how ineffective the offense was overall.

Kevin doh get no love from the COMMENTATORS they simply don't understand or ignore his importance to this team, so dat doh surprise me...spoke at length about it earlier in this thread...and some dismissed it...though it could have been a misunderstanding of the angle we were looking at

Lefty I hear yuh but I feel like they looked a little worse than on other occasions when I saw them.  They made Seattle look like a top of the standings team when they too were struggling badly and also changed coaches recently.

They have been pretty damn terrible a couple of them 2 all draws coulda be victories but they couldn't buckle down and defend for 2 and 3 mins on more than one occasion....abysmal would be d best word to describe them.
I pity the fool....

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
How important is Kevin Molino to Orlando City's playoffs hopes?
« Reply #389 on: August 13, 2016, 02:31:17 PM »
How important is Kevin Molino to Orlando City's playoffs hopes?
By Simon Veness (MLSsoccer.com)

Kevin Molino is not essential to Orlando City SC’s ability to win games. Head coach Jason Kreis wants to make that clear right up front.

But the Trinidadian international is definitely developing into a major asset, and Kreis certainly hopes to have him back in the lineup for Sunday’s game at the Chicago Fire (4 pm ET, UniMás, MLS LIVE in Canada). That’s when the Lions urgently need to get back in the points to keep their playoff hopes from stalling.

Molino was a late scratch with a hamstring injury from last weekend’s disappointing 3-1 home defeat by Seattle, and it was clear the team lost some of its attacking potency without the slender, five-foot-eight midfielder in the lineup.

He is already a fan favorite from the team’s USL days, but observers around the league are fast becoming acquainted with the quick-footed verve Molino displays on the ball. He also enjoys a seemingly instinctive relationship with Brazilian ace Kaká. In fact it’s probably highly appropriate that if you combine the two into the portmanteau “Kalino,” you get a Hawaiian word for “brilliant one” — which effectively sums up the result of their combination play.

Molino was back in full training again this week, and, while coach Kreis wasn’t releasing too many pre-game lineup secrets on Friday, he was ready to admit his Caribbean spark plug could be ready to go again at Toyota Park.

“I would never want anybody to think that because we didn’t have Kevin Molino, we couldn’t win the game. I don’t believe that at all,” Kreis said. “But I do think Kevin’s an important player. From my point of view, he just has a knack for being in good positions in the attacking half of the field, and he has a knack for finding himself in effective spaces and making good choices with the ball, to help us create goal-scoring chances and to score some himself.

“He is also a developing player and it is interesting to say that for a 26-year-old. You wouldn’t typically say that [of a regular player of that age]. But, in his soccer background and development, he is not a typical player, and so he has the mindset as well that he still needs to learn and improve, which I think is an incredible characteristic in players.”

With the arrival last week of Matias Perez Garcia from San Jose in a trade that took Darwin Ceren in the opposite direction, Kreis now has a much greater combination of attacking midfield options. He says he is considering the idea of playing Perez Garcia alongside Kaká and Molino in what could be a formidable offensively inclined trio.

Finding the right balance from this new array of attack-minded players is still the key for the Lions head coach. But he says he’s happy he now has the right personnel at his disposal, and he does not intend to make wholesale changes in the way Orlando plays.

“Our idea is to just make slight tweaks around our shape and maybe a little bit philosophically about how we approach matches. Within that, it is a certainly consideration to play all three of those guys at once,” Kreis said. “We have a little bit of a different look if we play guys like Brek Shea, Hadji Barry or Carlos Rivas in those positions as well, so I feel like with the addition of Matias, we literally have two players in all three of those spots underneath the high striker.”

Returning to the subject of Molino, Kreis remains critical of some aspects of the Trinidadian’s game. But he’s convinced there are signs of improvement, and that could mean a lot more for opponents to handle in future.

“I think it’s important to have players that can do different things with the ball for sure," Kreis said. “So I think [with Molino] it’s a positive. It brings us some diversity in how we attack.

“From the defensive side of things, as we’ve already said, that’s where he needs the biggest part of his development, and so it is something he needs to focus on improving. That’s how we see it; he is not the finished all-round product, but he’s definitely moving in that direction.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

1]; } ?>