March 29, 2024, 08:20:02 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162507 times)

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #390 on: August 15, 2016, 08:46:19 AM »
How important is Kevin Molino to Orlando City's playoffs hopes?
By Simon Veness (MLSsoccer.com)

Kevin Molino is not essential to Orlando City SC’s ability to win games. Head coach Jason Kreis wants to make that clear right up front.”

Yeah right.  This coach not impressing me at all!  He flip flops and talk in contradictions.  He appears to praise Nashy' "knack for finding himself in effective spaces and making good choices with the ball, to help us create goal-scoring chances and to score some himself."  A quality that his team sorely lacks when KM is absent.  Yet he seems to feel this unnecessary need to make sure everyone understands he isn't their most essential player.  It is plainly obvious to all with eyes that they are toothless or at best woefully inconsistent on offense without him.  He musse come from da school dat say doh ever let them kno dey real value or something oui.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #391 on: August 15, 2016, 09:28:30 AM »
1.) He motivating his team to go out and get results regardless of who missing or not.
2.) He letting KM know he ain’t reach yet. Which he hasn’t.

We always complaining bout how our players does feel they reach when they eh reach nowhere. Coach just making sure to nail home that point to a still-developing player.

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #392 on: August 15, 2016, 10:56:28 AM »
1.) He motivating his team to go out and get results regardless of who missing or not.

We always complaining bout how our players does feel they reach when they eh reach nowhere. Coach just making sure to nail home that point to a still-developing player.

Hoss da "feel he reach" talk is often used to attack our players based on something we cannot measure.  Unless a player open his mouth and say something to that effect dat is ah pack ah ass!  That is Cornmeal kinda talk, leave he wit dat.  Stating that Nashy is integral or key to their offense does not take anything away from his belief that he can improve defensively/still developing.  Every player is not the same.  There are some that do not need to told they or spoken of as being that important because they lack humility.  The coach has already stated his admiration for Molino's humble nature already.  So nothing eh need to be nailed home, that team plays level shit on offense without him plain as day.  Is not like he would be inflating his value to the attack.

As for motivating them, I doh know if that will work.  If that is indeed his aim I eh kno nah.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #393 on: August 15, 2016, 01:26:27 PM »

I don't know what going on with the coach and Molino. But I beg to differ on this "we reach" issue. I listen to Molino in an interview when he was coming out of his season long rehab from ACL injury. He was very humble and introspective of his football career. He said something the effective that life cant be taken for granted. He knew that a footballers lifespan it fragile and short. Long if you are lucky. He did not sound like any prima-donna to me. But I honestly don't know what is happening. Maybe the coach wants more out of him??!! But he scored a couple since his return. So I would like to know.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #394 on: August 15, 2016, 02:04:08 PM »
The coach actual quote is a lot more measured than what the article suggesting.

“I would never want anybody to think that because we didn’t have Kevin Molino, we couldn’t win the game. I don’t believe that at all,” Kreis said. “But I do think Kevin’s an important player..."

That doh sound like a fight down to me. Sound like he telling his team they still have enough without him to win games. Is the writer of the article making it sound more severe than it was.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #395 on: August 15, 2016, 02:17:50 PM »
The coach actual quote is a lot more measured than what the article suggesting.

“I would never want anybody to think that because we didn’t have Kevin Molino, we couldn’t win the game. I don’t believe that at all,” Kreis said. “But I do think Kevin’s an important player..."

That doh sound like a fight down to me. Sound like he telling his team they still have enough without him to win games. Is the writer of the article making it sound more severe than it was.

Enrique would say the same thing at Barca if Messi injured...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino’s the X factor for Orlando City’s playoff chances
« Reply #396 on: August 19, 2016, 05:07:20 AM »
Kevin Molino’s the X factor for Orlando City’s playoff chances
By Carson A. Merk (playingfor90.com)

While superstars Cyle Larin and Kaka grab the spotlight, it may be Kevin Molino who will most determine Orlando City’s finish this season.

When you talk about Orlando City SC, you first bring up either young megastar Cyle Larin, or global legend Kaka, rightfully so. Larin leads the club in goals this season with 12, and Kaka leads in assists with 8. But right below both players on those lists is the same man, Kevin Molino. Unlike both those players, he did not come on board since the team became an MLS side in 2015.

Kevin Molino has been with Orlando City for five years now. Joining the club in 2011, he was a stud when the team competed in the USL. In 2014, he set what was then the single season record for goals in a season with 20, and won the league’s Most Valuable Player.

Despite interest from some European sides, as much as a couple of week long trials, Molino stayed with Orlando City as they moved up to Major League Soccer. He started seven games, before tearing his ACL in an early May friendly, ending his 2015 campaign without a goal.

This season, the 26-year-old Trinidadian has shown why he is a fan favorite, and possibly the biggest piece Orlando City needs at their best for playoff success. He currently sits with nine goals and seven assists.

To showcase how big of an impact it is when he’s playing well, in the 12 games he’s scored or assisted, the club has only lost once. He’ll likely never be the banner player for Orlando City again, stuck behind Larin and Kaka, but Molino in good form may be their biggest component at a playoff run in 2016.

They face Colorado Rapids this weekend, a matchup against a tough, physical team that also has Tim Howard in goal. With the Rapids defense likely zeroing in on stopping the Larin-Kaka tandem, Kevin Molino may find himself in some good positions to try to take down the second best in the West.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: August 19, 2016, 10:52:40 AM »
The type of comments this coach is making and the type of player he brought to the club he wants midfield battlers so Molino's playing time would now be limited and for Molino age he does not have time to be coming off the bench so if there is clubs in Europe who wants him he should split.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #398 on: August 20, 2016, 08:45:34 PM »
he injured or what, didn't even make bench this game.....know he had the hamstring thing..dat still ah issue..they look real toothless though
« Last Edit: August 20, 2016, 08:47:30 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: August 21, 2016, 03:04:54 PM »
he injured or what, didn't even make bench this game.....know he had the hamstring thing..dat still ah issue..they look real toothless though

took glimpses of the game & thought the same thing. Time ticking off the clock & they didn't look like they had the belief that they could "pull something", which they always look like in the closing stages with Molino on the pitch. Had the same question as you so searched the net and say...he mussbe still injured.

Cristian Higuita (hamstring) and Pedro Ribeiro (back surgery) are out. Matias Perez Garcia (quad) is day-to-day. Rafael Ramos (hamstring) is close to a return after rejoining his teammates in full squad training. Kevin Molino was hampered in training by tightness in his hamstring but made the trip so, barring a setback, he should be available. Colorado’s injured players include former Lion Sean St. Ledger, who has been out all season, and Jermaine Jones.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: August 21, 2016, 03:31:57 PM »

took glimpses of the game & thought the same thing. Time ticking off the clock & they didn't look like they had the belief that they could "pull something", which they always look like in the closing stages with Molino on the pitch. Had the same question as you so searched the net and say...he mussbe still injured.

Cristian Higuita (hamstring) and Pedro Ribeiro (back surgery) are out. Matias Perez Garcia (quad) is day-to-day. Rafael Ramos (hamstring) is close to a return after rejoining his teammates in full squad training. Kevin Molino was hampered in training by tightness in his hamstring but made the trip so, barring a setback, he should be available. Colorado’s injured players include former Lion Sean St. Ledger, who has been out all season, and Jermaine Jones.
Thanks, hmm should we be concerned for WCQ next month

d combination play between him and kaka what does make this team tick offensively...they also seem to miss a step when Kaka missing to be fair.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: August 21, 2016, 03:47:34 PM by lefty »
I pity the fool....

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #401 on: August 24, 2016, 07:29:06 PM »
Orlando defense is de wusssss

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: August 25, 2016, 08:54:31 AM »
Orlando defense is de wusssss

That is ah gross understatement lol

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #403 on: August 25, 2016, 12:23:36 PM »
Watched his game yesterday against TFC. Had a decent game a couple half chances. One in the second half he dragged wide. Commentator gave him some lix for that.

Coming back from the hamstring problem so he got subbed off in the 70 somethingth min. Didn't seem too worse for ware.

Orlando Defense is horrible make hours look like Italy...
« Last Edit: August 25, 2016, 12:28:20 PM by Trin »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: August 26, 2016, 06:18:54 PM »
I just moved to the Orlando area so I lookin forward to takin in some games. Real support for the team up here. I see bumper stickers and purple jerseys etc regularly.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #405 on: August 28, 2016, 06:41:47 PM »
Kevin on right now. Orlando vs NYFC. Having a decent game. Guess he must be leaving for TT tomorrow. Orlando leading 2-1. Kaka scored both goals. Kevin just missed. Defender cleared off the line.
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:43:59 PM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #407 on: August 31, 2016, 05:01:13 PM »
Molino, Trinidad and Tobago’s family man
FIFA.com

Counting backward from 100 on an operating table, Kevin Molino waited for the gas to take him under. Darkness closed in around the Trinidad and Tobago winger. “It was a tough time,” he told FIFA.com, not knowing if he would ever play again after rupturing thick anchors of ligament in his knee. The prognosis was not good and, at 25, he was facing the end of a career that had barely begun.

“Being down and having to pick myself back up wasn’t new to me,” Molino said after ten months of gruelling rehab and now back on the pitch for Major League Soccer side Orlando City SC. “I come from a tough background. I learned early that, in life, nothing’s easy.”

The pain and self-doubt of getting back to fitness, when Molino says he “worked harder than ever,” was nothing compared to the anguish of losing two brothers on the mean streets of west Trinidad, for what he calls “being in the wrong place at the wrong time.” It was nothing compared to the pain of his mother leaving the family when he was just a 12-year-old boy, skinny as a rail.

On his road to recovery, the game was a light at the end of the tunnel, the same way it was when Molino was a boy. Football was the escape, a deliverance from something dark and dangerous.

Hard surface
“When we was boys we played in the streets, right out on the concrete,” he said about his formative days kicking around until the sun went down over his neighbourhood of Carenage. “There’s a lot of wrong paths you can go down in a place like Trinidad and I was lucky to find a way. I learned to love the game on those streets.”

Skinny as he was, Molino stood out. He had pace and quickness, creativity on the ball. When he was a teenager local pro side San Juan Jabloteh snapped him up and by 2011, when he was just 20, he had moved to sunny Florida to sign for Orlando City in the third tier of the American professional system. There, he flourished, becoming a fan favourite. He set an all-time scoring record for the league and, when Orlando City announced it would be joining MLS in 2015, he was the club’s first signing, even before Brazilian demi-god Kaka. Molino had found his way off the hard pavement of his old life. But when he heard that snap in his knee early in his first MLS term, his dreams turned to ash.

His team-mates all pitched in, and when Molino speaks of them it is with genuine emotion. You get the sense he really means it when he calls them family. “Kaka is a huge superstar, who’s done everything in the game,” he said of his team-mate in the Orlando midfield, one of the biggest stars in world football and a UEFA Champions League and FIFA World Cup™ winner. “But what I noticed most about him was what a good person he is, and how he was there for me when I was down.”

Orlando coach Jason Kreis calls 26-year-old Molino “the most humble player I've ever worked with,” and since coming back from his injury, he’s been better than ever. In the 13 games when Molino has scored or assisted, the team has never lost. A predator in the box, he excels at cleaning up scraps in the penalty area. He is held in great esteem by Orlando City fans and the MolinoMania hash-tag has gone viral more than once.

Soca Warrior stand-out
Molino’s return to top form is also being felt on the international stage, where he is a member of another footballing 'family': the Trinidad and Tobago national team. In 32 caps, he has scored 13 times and is looking forward to a pair of crucial qualifiers this September. With ten points from four games, the Soca Warriors are three points ahead of USA in their CONCACAF semi-final qualifying group for Russia 2018. They are looking like a good bet to reach the final Hexagonal.

“We’re not taking any game lightly,” he said, referring to the 2 September contest against bottom side Guatemala at home in Port of Spain, which Trinidad are expected to win. After that, a date with USA looms on the road in central Florida, not far from Molino’s home. That game does not have him worried either. “We need to go to USA and show them who we are. We need to push them back and score early. There’s no doubt in my mind that we should win that game and that we can win this group.”

Molino calls the current Trinidad and Tobago side the best since the famous one that reached the country’s only World Cup in 2006. He remembers those heady days well as a young boy. “It was a party all day every day in ’06,” he said with a laugh. But without big stars like Dwight Yorke and his all-time favourite Russell Latapy, Molino again points to the family component as this side’s main strength. “The most important thing is that we come together as a family,” he said, his voice stern and serious and using the full weight of the word. “That’s the secret. With that, the sky’s the limit.”

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #408 on: August 31, 2016, 06:53:35 PM »
Kevin Molino is currently ranked as the best right winger in Major League Soccer this season

I know it was a short article but they coulda say "And Kevin Molino leads the rankings."
Jeez boy

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #409 on: September 12, 2016, 05:19:35 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino scores his 10th goal of the season in Orlando City’s 4-2 loss to Los Angeles Galaxy.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/5e8qtuTBxn8?start=21" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/5e8qtuTBxn8?start=21</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #410 on: September 12, 2016, 08:54:11 AM »
Orlando Defence real suspect on the fast break.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #411 on: September 12, 2016, 09:45:15 AM »
Dem defense suspect full stop.

Sent from my BLU ADVANCE 4.0 using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #412 on: September 17, 2016, 06:26:49 PM »
orlando gettin kalpat at home...dey own crowd booing dem....dey need to invest in some competent defenders....plus dey playin too casual
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #413 on: September 17, 2016, 07:40:06 PM »
orlando gettin kalpat at home...dey own crowd booing dem....dey need to invest in some competent defenders....plus dey playin too casual

This is unbelievable. This team showed so much promise and just falling apart. I hope we boy doh get the axe when house cleaning comes about.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #414 on: September 17, 2016, 08:52:11 PM »

This is unbelievable. This team showed so much promise and just falling apart. I hope we boy doh get the axe when house cleaning comes about.

10 Goals from midfield? Nah. He go be alright.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #415 on: September 19, 2016, 03:36:04 PM »
WATCH: Big bad Kevin Molino rides the Orlando Slingshot. Pay close attention to the high notes he hits around the 0:33s mark.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/O8bi0icGtS4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/O8bi0icGtS4</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #416 on: September 20, 2016, 07:51:01 AM »

Kreis failed to sign any defenders when he had the chance. I know he not there long yet but he signed an attacking midfielder and then talk about how that was where they needed strengthening.
He should get a chance seein as he eh get a proper shot at building the team.
Molino safe and will have other offers I'm sure.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #417 on: September 25, 2016, 06:21:20 PM »
After beating Montreal 4-1 OCFC gave up 4 goals in each of the last 3 games. 12 goals in 3 games. Boss side!
Molino needed to make something happen.  He wasn't very direct yesterday. Yuh can't always poach a goal.
Kaka was his usual invisible self.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Now healthy, Orlando City original Kevin Molino living up to promise
« Reply #418 on: September 29, 2016, 12:42:20 PM »
Now healthy, Orlando City original Kevin Molino living up to promise
By Ben Valentine (goal.com)

Everything was going well for Kevin Molino in the spring of 2015.

From humble beginnings with Trinidad and Tobago Pro League side Ma Pau, he had gone from 20-year-old youngster in Orlando City’s USL debut season to a player considered an exciting MLS attacking prospect. He was playing under Adrian Heath, a coach he was very close with, and confident in his game.

“The first five, six games, I was playing my best football ever, for me, at that point and time,” Molino told Goal USA. “All the hype and playing in MLS — I was really looking forward to it after my period of time in the USL.”

Then in an instant, all that changed.

In the 16th minute of a friendly against Brazilian side Ponte Preta on May 2, Molino tore the anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee. Molino’s first MLS season was over soon after it had begun.

“It was hard to come to terms with it,” Molino said. “It was my first major injury — the next day I had an MRI and they determined I’d be out for the season.

“The most important thing for me was the people around me — my mother, family, friends. It’s been a tough road and being out for 10 months is difficult, but you know in life, whatever happens you have to get up and keep going.”

For a player whose pace is a major asset, a knee injury can be devastating. And it came at a time when Molino was trying to transition from a player who had excelled in his final USL campaign — scoring 20 league goals — into a reliable MLS player.

When faced with adversity, however, Molino felt that there wasn’t anything he could do but push on. That meant changing the way he went about his training habits, so he developed a routine to help him get back on the field quickly and effectively.

“I’d be doing therapy, I’d be in the gym and third I’d be out on the field, trying to run with the proper techniques and also doing drills with the ball, so it was different for me,” he said. “Doing therapy and being in gym for three or four months was something new to me. And the most important thing was that I come to terms with it. And now I’m back and enjoying playing the game again.”

It’s a lot easier to enjoy the game when the results from that work pay off, and that’s exactly what’s happened since his return to the field. Quietly, Molino has been one of the league’s best attacking players this season. His 10 goals have him tied for 14th in the league, while he is tied for ninth in assists with seven. He’s also created 33 chances from open play, which is good for 18th in MLS.

Those totals put him second, second and first, respectively, on Orlando as Molino, who can play right, left or center in Orlando's attacking midfield, proves himself to be worth the hype that accompanied him prior to the 2015 season.

It's hype that Orlando coach Jason Kreis saw firsthand before the start of that campaign while he was in charge of New York City FC.

“Kevin’s a player actually that we saw in preseason last year for the first time,” Kreis said. “I thought he was an excellent player from afar. In analyzing the players before we took the job, he was one of the guys we kind of highlighted and said ‘this is a bright prospect’ and someone we would be very happy to work with.”

Kreis praised Molino’s shifty play, his strength with the ball at his feet and his “ability to get around players.” But the new coach is clear that Molino still has growing to do on the defensive side of the ball.

“He needs to take his game to the next level and he’ll do that when he gets really committed to extremely hard on both sides of the ball,” Kreis said. “He’s still learning a little bit about that defensive effort that is required to take the next step.”

For his part, Molino has had to adjust to life without Heath, who was let go in July. Molino credited Heath with bringing him from Trinidad at a “tender age” and shaping his attacking game to where it is today. Yet he knows that Heath’s dismissal is part of the business and is receptive toward the feedback Kreis and his staff have provided.

“For me, the attacking aspect aspect has been great, but they’re asking me to continue to work on the defensive side of my game," he said. "I can always improve, you know? I can always get better.”

Beyond his success with Orlando, Molino has emerged as a key contributor on the Trinidad and Tobago national team while forming a dangerous attacking trio with Kenwyne Jones and Joevin Jones. Molino has started four World Cup qualifiers since returning from injury, scoring in a 6-0 win over St. Vincent and the Grenadines that helped the Soca Warriors through to the final round in CONCACAF.

Despite making it to the Hexagonal — something T&T failed to do in the 2014 cycle — Molino found the end of the last round disappointing. Undefeated with a chance to win the group on the last day of the semifinal round, the Soca Warriors suffered a 4-0 defeat to the United States.

“It’s a bittersweet feeling. At the end of the day you want to end on a good note, which we didn’t,” Molino said. “We still have a lot more work to be done because we’re going to be going up against a different level, home and away, against quality teams. We have to refocus and continue where we left off, take that loss against the U.S., throw behind our backs and look to move forward as a team.”

Four starters on the Soca Warriors, Molino, Joevin Jones, Mekeil Williams and Cordell Cato, ply their trade in MLS, and a fifth, Kenwyne Jones, will be joining the league next season. Molino believes MLS is the perfect league for his countrymen and something for younger players in Trinidad to aim for.

“I’m looking forward to the welcoming for Kenwyne next year and all the players who have been doing good,” Molino said. “I’m happy — not just for them, but for all of us to inspire the young kids, to show them. At this moment, there’s a lot of crime and negativity (in Trinidad) so (it’s important) for us to come out and show with (the players) abroad and in America that sport can get you a long way. Sports can unify people and bring everyone together.”

“For me, this is a market for Trinidad players — a steppingstone to move onto higher leagues or to build a career here. I’d like to see a lot more Trinidad players here and working their craft."

As for whether he’d like to go to Europe one day, the attacker conceded “every footballer dreams of playing in the Champions League.” But his outlook is squarely on the tough playoff fight Orlando has. The Lions are five points back of sixth-place D.C. United with three games left, meaning they have an steep climb.

But regardless of the outcome this season, it’s been quite the journey for the young man from Carenage, Trinidad. He is one of two players left from Orlando City’s debut USL season — Luke Boden is the other — and has seen the club go from a third division side to an MLS team with playoff expectations and Brazilian legend Kaka on its roster.

Molino acknowledges it's a situation that would have been hard for his 20-year-old self to imagine.

“To see this club grow from scratch into something that is very popular, very good and a nice organization, to see how the city comes alive when we have games — it’s really amazing,” he said. “When I look at things from the start, who’d think Kaka would be here? Julio (Baptista), (Antonio) Nocerino, Brek (Shea), Cyle Larin? Now it’s dream come true for us to live in the moment and enjoy every moment.”

« Last Edit: September 29, 2016, 12:48:51 PM by Tallman »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #419 on: October 12, 2016, 08:56:27 AM »
Asking from the grapevine, what is Kevin problem?. Is he and Hart having some kind of antagonism. Has Hart been putting pressure on him to perform at the high level we want? Is he out of favor with Hart?  What? Tell me. ..... us, if allyuh know. I really like this guy. His bubbling spirit and fight(especially with Orlando) was nice to see. I was expecting that kind of vibes to be transferred with him when he is on the field with the MNT. But, I am now totally clueless on one of the bright spots on our team. What is happening?

1]; } ?>