March 28, 2024, 10:20:58 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162375 times)

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #420 on: October 12, 2016, 09:14:50 AM »
Asking from the grapevine, what is Kevin problem?. Is he and Hart having some kind of antagonism.Has Hart been putting pressure on him to perform at the high level we want? Is he out of favor with Hart?  What? Tell me. ..... us, if allyuh know. I really like this guy. His bubbling spirit and fight(especially with Orlando) was nice to see. I was expecting that kind of vibes to be transferred with him when he is on the field with the MNT. But, I am now totally clueless on one of the bright spots on our team. What is happening?

See Peong's post.

Molino doh make enough money to go Trini and party on his own time? He livin Florida how hard it is for him to hop on a flight to get he it out of his system?

Keep Hart. Punish Molino.

P.S. Might be hard when yuh playing midweek and on the weekend. Easier to roll it all in one and subsidise the lime.  ::)
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:20:39 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Trini Madness

• Heart....miles and miles of heart
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #421 on: October 12, 2016, 09:21:41 AM »
Me and my father are big fans of molino. Anytime Orlando come to NY we're buying tickets just to see him play. It's heartbreaking to see him doing this and letting down your teammates and country. I hope he does read this. Get yourself sorted out and be the number 10 that the country will love or you can forget the national team and you can fete anytime you want during the MLS off season, the choice is yours.
A dream you don't fight for will haunt you for the rest of your life.

Offline Trin

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #422 on: October 12, 2016, 09:26:46 AM »
Doubt Molino reads or cares what the average fans posts here (made abundantly clear by his actions) but Kevin you real let down the side. I don't know what to say, extremely disappointed, from a once big fan of yours. 

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #423 on: October 12, 2016, 09:33:23 AM »
He reads and at one time used to post sporadically.  He following in Yorke and Latas footsteps but taking it a step further.  They used to love da party scenes too but I doh remember if they did it before games tho.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #424 on: October 12, 2016, 09:40:00 AM »
For a friggin bar fete..yuh couldn't miss this one ?ketch the next.

Sounding like a drug issue, anyway as much as I liked you Molino, I blame you for disrupting the team, and we will try to manage without you in the near and far future. If you want in the meanwhile to try to find a way for coach and teammates to ever trust you again, feel free. I have no idea how you can do that. Maybe get your family to write letters, I really don't know. However, we will find a replacement, cause everyone must be, and we won't be rewarding that replacement with omission for no man, especially for someone who let down so many for so little.

I will support and follow your representation still, as you will always be a representative, but these real people matches are for people with exceptional character, skill, discipline, strength and with a strong ability to utilize all that in a team environment. All for one, one for all. Everyone party or no one party. Selfish ppl need not apply.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #425 on: October 12, 2016, 09:54:13 AM »
If he was the only player to break camp, it could very well be outside influences (partners/girls) that distracting him to lime and party. He have to be more disciplined not to fall into that type for pressure as a professional athlete. Maybe with the culture at OC may not be uncommon to go out 2 nights before a game but he clearly knows the NT team rules and it's sad to see him violate it. Now he'll learn the hard way, consequences for his actions.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #426 on: October 12, 2016, 10:43:47 AM »
Many people and fans of TT football will lose all love and respect for Molino,he has a duty to show respect for his country,his coach and his supporters,this is no fete match and stupid behaviour like that should not be tolerated anymore,especially from Mr.Molino,this his his second mis adventure in a short space of time.I always check the net to see how he's doing,I now feel there's no reason to do so,I'm sure many feel like me.He scores a hat-trick against a nothing team and feels bigger than Ronaldo,he should understand how easy it is fall off yuh perch,it has happened ton better players.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #427 on: October 12, 2016, 12:20:12 PM »
I have no basis for my speculation, but that piece of recklessness have to be about meeting some woman. Maybe.

Offline Adam Lake

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #428 on: October 12, 2016, 05:34:35 PM »
Molino set to take a year away from Soca Warriors, according to Orlando Sentinel

http://wired868.com/2016/10/12/molino-set-to-take-a-year-away-from-soca-warriors-according-to-orlando-sentinel/

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #429 on: October 12, 2016, 06:20:16 PM »
 no respect for his teammates and country. That's the bottom line..... it's all about ME.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #430 on: October 12, 2016, 07:33:48 PM »
I echoing a comment on the wired site, "who is advising this young man?"
I really hope he not taking cues from rhe latter parts of Yorke and Latas international careers becuz 1. dem fellas bread was buttered no matter what they do with the soca warriors and 2. that is a stupid cue to take!
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 07:35:49 PM by Peong »

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #431 on: October 12, 2016, 08:29:15 PM »
I just see this story covered on Orlando sports news.
Molino get yuh damn act together!

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #432 on: October 12, 2016, 09:16:48 PM »
Where exactly has Molino reached football-wise, seriously?  We pump these guys up when there is still so much runway left in front of them to really achieve something and this is in part what it yields....

Get fit and back to form KC
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #433 on: October 12, 2016, 09:18:38 PM »
Don't think Kreis not watching this going down in Orlando, this is the worst time to demonstrate poor character
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #434 on: October 12, 2016, 09:36:12 PM »
Don't think Kreis not watching this going down in Orlando, this is the worst time to demonstrate poor character

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/orlando-city-lions/os-orlando-city-news-1012-20161011-story.html

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #435 on: October 12, 2016, 09:37:47 PM »
I could only hope that this was done in the heat of rage and disappointment because if he is seriously thinking about taking a break from international football for a year especially when the hex is upon us then he is the only one who suffers in this situation.

It seem like Kevin molino is forgetting that we managed without him for the better part of a year and we were ok. And if he pulls such a stunt he will miss out on a grand opportunity from being scouted by bigger prospects in the hex, and he could also end up like Keon daniel where hart or no other national coach would touch him.

He better humble himself take the disciplinary actions and resume with the business at hand and stop being spiteful.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2016, 09:40:00 PM by pull stones »

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #436 on: October 13, 2016, 03:50:28 AM »
Molino to take year-long break.
By Joel Bailey (Newsday).

KEVIN MOLINO has once again run afoul of the Trinidad and Tobago team management, particularly coach Stephen Hart, and was left out of Tuesday’s Caribbean Cup Third Round Group Four qualifier away to Martinique at Fort-de-France.

Martinique won the game 2-0 to top the group, and automatically qualify for the 2017 Caribbean Cup and the 2017 CONCACAF Gold Cup. tt will now enter a playoff round in November to try to get into the Gold Cup but are definitely out the Caribbean Cup.

But the major talking point from Tuesday’s match was about the 26-year-old Molino, who was omitted from the team by Hart for allegedly breaking team curfew last week. With key 2018 World Cup qualifiers starting next month, all eyes are on Hart to see if he would further sanction his star Orlando City midfielder who did the same thing just over a month ago prior to a World Cup qualifier. Hart may not have to make a decision.

On his Snapchat social media account yesterday, Molino announced that he was taking a yearlong break from international football. “Last game for Trinidad (and Tobago) was against Dominican Republic. I’m taking a year off, performances matters.”

The slimly-built Molino, who made his national men’s debut in a friendly against Guyana at the Manny Ramjohn Stadium in Marabella on November 4 2010, has a total of 16 goals in 35 internationals. Molino, Joevin Jones and Mekeil Williams, were reprimanded and fined by the T&T management before the September 2 World Cup qualifier at home to Guatemala, after breaking curfew to attend a boat ride on August 30.

He looked to have bounced back from that incident with a hat-trick in a 4-0 Caribbean Cup third round win at home to the Dominican Republic last week but allegedly left the team’s base at the Marriott Hotel in Mucurapo, without permission, to attend a nightclub in Woodbrook on Friday night.

During the post-game media conference on Tuesday, Hart said, “he was left out of the squad for disciplinary reasons. He’s in a situation where he has to fight back for (his place).” Molino, with his self-imposed break will miss key World Cup qualifiers in November against Costa Rica and Honduras as well as other hexagonal matches next year. Sports and Games FC Santa Rosa FC owner and coach Keith Look Loy, as well as ex-national captain Sedley Joseph, in separate telephone interviews yesterday, were openly in support of Hart for the stance he took. “The first time, when he had partners in crime, I was of the view that they should have been disciplined then with a suspension from the team,” said Look Loy.

“As it turned out, the coach handled it in his way. I respect that, but clearly that wasn’t enough, at least in the case of Molino, who proceeded to do what he did again. “I think now that his pattern of behaviour is quite clear and I think that the coach was absolutely correct, if he didn’t do it the first time, to suspend him. I’m fully in support of what Hart has done. this should be the line taken with anybody else who wants to engage in that kind of indisciplined and disrespectful behaviour.” Joseph said, “it’s strange that I can’t understand players who have been playing professionally, and on national duty, doing these sort of things. I say it’s unfortunate that the coach had to deal with that kind of thing, but I think he did the correct thing in leaving him off the team.

“When you’re playing in a national team, it is a no-no with players getting on with that kind of indiscipline,” Joseph added. “I suppose, with the kind of ability he has, that he can do what he wants and get away with it. But I congratulate the coach on taking the action.” there has been some debate on social media that Hart should have been more lenient with Molino, especially with creative midfielder Keron Cummings still not back to his best following a gunshot wound to his leg last December, and Ataullah Guerra out of favour.

Look Loy stressed, “I could argue in response that when he was allowed to play, after the first (infringement), which was against Guatemala, he did very little. “Do we want a team in which players are free to do whatever they want, knowing that they would get away (with) it, or do we want a disciplined outfit in which people understand that they have a role to play and which everybody will be given equal chance, within the rules and regulations, to play their part? that’s the decision which every coach, and every Football Association, have to make. In any event, Molino (being) out might give somebody else a chance to shine.”

« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:52:07 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #437 on: October 13, 2016, 04:12:51 AM »
Let Molino haul he undisciplined c*#t!!!

Where was he last year Gold Cup?? Exactly!! Out injured! Have we look that good since he come back?? Doh show up when it matters anyway.

So fellah rock so and play for OC, and go home and run dong boat-ride and party freely and only be grinning like ah fool with yuh stupid hairstyle. Leave we SocaWarriors ah-effing-lone we go be alright.

He feel he is Messi, boy go from here with yuh stupid, "Taking ah year off" BS eh!
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: October 13, 2016, 04:23:13 AM »
TT too small for Molino now.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #439 on: October 13, 2016, 05:00:48 AM »
On his Snapchat social media account yesterday, Molino announced that he was taking a yearlong break from international football. “Last game for Trinidad (and Tobago) was against Dominican Republic. I’m taking a year off, performances matters."

Not sure what Molino means.

With key 2018 World Cup qualifiers starting next month, all eyes are on Hart to see if he would further sanction his star Orlando City midfielder who did the same thing just over a month ago prior to a World Cup qualifier. Hart may not have to make a decision.

No serious person would expect him to be suiting up in NT colours anytime soon. Didn't realise this would be a source of curiosity.

P.S. Newsday, get an editor.
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 05:03:48 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline sjahrain

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: October 13, 2016, 08:24:09 AM »
This has some serious implications here,if this is true and like a catch 22 dam if you do dam if you do not,as he is a very important component to this team,does anyone know the status of KJ injury,yes he f up big time but to cut him is not in our interest at this time,he needs to be watched very closely,wiser heads need to convince him that such behaviour is unbecoming and not in the best interest of the team going forward

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #441 on: October 13, 2016, 08:48:13 AM »
Very unfortunate situation.

If the reports are true, Molino placed the coach in a "no other option" position and let down his teammates in particular in the process.

Again, if the reports are accurate.....it's curious that in his interview after scoring a hat trick against DR just last week, Molino apologized when asked about his transgression prior to the Guatemala game.  He said he was sorry, that it wouldn't happen again and just wanted to move forward and dedicate himself to the team.

Ironically, he may have done the team a favor by putting the coaching staff in that situation.  Players are now clear that there are consequences for actions and hopefully that ends up being a positive step for  the team.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #442 on: October 13, 2016, 09:30:03 AM »
Let's move on, we have very important things to do. The door should be left open for him. I believe in redemption, providing that individual has acknowledged his/her issues are the problem. Dwight and Latas had issues, but they realized that age was a factor and humbled themselves. The rest is history. Hart, TTFA has to make a serious attempt at working we the current u23 players in the short term. We lack depth. We need to develop our local talent. I rather the locals play Grenada and Guyana a 1000 times than do nothing when there is a break in football.

Offline Coach

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #443 on: October 13, 2016, 09:46:47 AM »
This is nothing new for some good players, it's like a disease that needs medication. The boy needs a mentor to help him through these trying times.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #444 on: October 13, 2016, 10:29:26 AM »
Took us 3 years to build a squad that worked for each other and raised the hopes of the supporters and the country and Kevin's selfishness wants to destroy all that. I hope and pray KJ recovers from his injury so he and Hart can rally the troops for the task at hand. I must admit I am fearful of the Hex when I initially was cautiously confident. Molino benching clearly had an effect on the players minds. People like JJ, Hyland and Cato who grow up with him and from the same area could be torn between their long term friendship and loyalty to the program. I hope not and wish for de best. A win vs Costa Rica couldn't be more important to raise the mood of the camp!! Time fuh Jomal and Shahdon to step up and fill that void like Cummings did. Now self we need warriors and no weakheart!!
« Last Edit: October 13, 2016, 03:00:39 PM by Thomo »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: October 13, 2016, 11:32:34 AM »
Some of the players' social media postings are a little worrying. I could be wrong but some of the players (the younger ones) seem to be standing in solidarity with Molino.

I will leave it for ya'll to observe for yourselves.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #446 on: October 13, 2016, 12:40:30 PM »
A  disciplined team produces better results every time. Molino is not a sure thing to remain here in Orlando. Take that for what it''s worth.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: October 13, 2016, 01:31:26 PM »
"it's curious that in his interview after scoring a hat trick against DR just last week, Molino apologized when asked about his transgression prior to the Guatemala game.  He said he was sorry, that it wouldn't happen again and just wanted to move forward and dedicate himself to the team."
Los, maybe he signed up for it won't happen with "Boat ride" again,and figure there was no mention of dry land , fete or bar.  smh   ::)
he taking a year off..enjoy, we not signing up to wait for you, enjoy yuhself to the fullest man, life short, no sense coming back, it have fete every weekend, even in Orlando, hook up with the regular ppl like me, feters united, see how that work out for yuh.. :devil:

Offline Jumbie

• ~~~ JUMBIE ~~~
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: October 13, 2016, 01:37:54 PM »
THIS..." he may have done the team a favor by putting the coaching staff in that situation.  Players are now clear that there are consequences for actions and hopefully that ends up being a positive step for  the team."

Will the 'we eh getting pay ting" surface again as an excuse for indiscipline? Are they being paid?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: October 13, 2016, 02:57:46 PM »
Thomo yuh have to add Daneil and Shelly to that mix too.  All dem man grow up limin together and does base by my cuz house.  They very tight knit, so it will affect them for sure but not to the point of a hangover effect long beyond last game.

Jumbie and that is where the whole pay thing and on-time payments is important.  If is the same ole scenes then who cant fault some of these youngmen for not taking things like curfew seriously?  Imagine yuh travelling all bout to play ball risking injury and not getting paid and then being told "you can't do/go ____?  This is why I asked earlier if people sure about what they talking because many jumping to conclusions and stating them with firm conviction like they have inside intel.

In the end like Palos I hope the line being drawn has a positive effect.

1]; } ?>