March 28, 2024, 01:27:23 PM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162400 times)

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #510 on: October 20, 2016, 10:57:16 AM »
I agree with Contro to some extent. His actions cost the team with respect to the Caribbean Cup.
Tough one.

There would have been a definite effect on team morale.

But at the end of the day, the team is...or should be...stronger than the loss of any one player.

Man down....Man to fork up.

Cyah use that as an excuse for losing against Martinique....

Or using the strike on the eve of the final as an excuse for losing against Jamaica in CFU final

Or squandering 4 chances to qualify for the Copa Centenario

At some point, yuh got to not make excuse and get on with it.

Adversity happens all the time in sport.  Is how you deal with it is the key
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #511 on: October 20, 2016, 11:48:51 AM »
Adversity happens all the time in sport. Is how you deal with it is the key

That is the line right there.

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #512 on: October 20, 2016, 06:52:03 PM »
In critical games we lack mental fortitude, whether is Molino axing and KJ injury vs Martnique, Bateau and KJ absence vs Haiti or Nobody in JA....good counter examples include Guat in Guat, but it's the exception, not the norm...
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #513 on: October 20, 2016, 08:10:33 PM »
Guatemala away was not critical. It was the first game. No pressure to go and win away.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #514 on: October 20, 2016, 08:18:16 PM »
Respek bredda, but disagree, WC qual in CA critical, but I get your pt, not do or die...in which case, record wuss
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #515 on: October 24, 2016, 07:38:11 AM »
WATCH: Midfielder Kevin Molino scores his 11th goal of the season in Orlando City’s 4-2 win over DC United

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/sU70XExXkXI?start=36" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/sU70XExXkXI?start=36</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #516 on: October 24, 2016, 09:54:02 AM »
The lad is a pure poacher no doubt. and there are people who wants the Coach to drop him from the team like we could afford to do that and not suffer the consequences. our goal scorers are few and far between.
« Last Edit: October 24, 2016, 09:56:07 AM by pull stones »

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #517 on: October 24, 2016, 10:03:19 AM »
He almost had a 2nd, dribbled past the defender placed it to the far corner but it hit the post.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #518 on: October 24, 2016, 10:09:56 AM »
On talent and form, he makes the squad, club and country. After that it's all up to him.

I'm backing him to do well.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #519 on: October 24, 2016, 10:45:40 AM »
@FF: Guatemala away was a textbook example of prevailing despite adversity. Also, we scored against the run of play and against the history of the encounter. Kudos to the players for rising to the challenge.

In addition, I think the squad's accommodations were spot-on because the players were insulated from all of the interference that typically affects teams playing in some Central America destinations.

That match was crucial for setting the tone of the campaign. Even if there was no pressure to win, there definitely was pressure to not lose. As it turns out, we could not have afforded to forfeit the two additional points.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #520 on: October 24, 2016, 05:28:02 PM »
What de refugee said

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #521 on: October 24, 2016, 07:27:48 PM »
Adversity happens all the time in sport. Is how you deal with it is the key

That is the line right there.

This is my main concern. My own assessment is that this team is very fragile mentally, any little off the field incident throws everything into chaos on the field. This is not a talent issue, we have the talent.

I have been calling for a sports psychologist, I can't say if one will solve our problems, but to just leave it to chance to me is not enough.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #522 on: November 01, 2016, 01:02:18 PM »
MLS Comeback Player of the Year Finalists

Frank Lampard (New York City FC)
Kevin Molino (Orlando City SC)
Chris Pontius (Philadelphia Union)

*Honors an MLS player who has overcome injuries and/or adversity in order to achieve success during the 2016 regular season

http://www.orlandocitysc.com/post/2016/11/01/kevin-molino-named-mls-comeback-player-year-finalist
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why Kevin Molino deserves to be MLS’s Comeback Player of the Year
« Reply #523 on: November 04, 2016, 02:39:48 PM »
Why Kevin Molino deserves to be MLS’s Comeback Player of the Year
By Allison Cary (orlandocitysc.com)

Last season, Midfielder Kevin Molino had his season cut short after tearing his ACL in May 2015. He was limited to just seven games in Orlando City’s inaugural MLS season, but Molino wasn’t satisfied with that. During his recovery, Molino worked harder than ever. He kept with training throughout the entire offseason, making sure he increased his fitness levels to their maximum potential. Now, at the end of the 2016 season, Molino is a finalist for the MLS Comeback Player of the Year Award.

Saying Molino had an impressive season is an understatement. He made 26 starts in 30 appearances, scoring eleven goals and earning eight assists this season. He was outscored only by Cyle Larin, and came in second to Kaká for most assists. He played with passion, putting Orlando City ahead in critical moments. He was also named to the MLS Team of the Week three times.

Off the field, Molino is still a positive force. He is also focused on the task ahead and grateful for the opportunity to play for this club and this city. Molino has been with Orlando City from the beginning, and understands the importance of his opportunities now more than ever before. Coming back from injury is never easy-- but Molino came back stronger than ever.

Molino is nominated against Frank Lampard of New York City FC and Chris Pontius of the Philadelphia Union. The winner will be announced on Wednesday, November 16th.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #524 on: November 05, 2016, 08:14:12 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino apologises to the nation

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/J6x7CApIseo" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/J6x7CApIseo</a>

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Coaches back Hart's decision to drop Molino
« Reply #525 on: November 06, 2016, 09:05:45 AM »
Coaches back Hart's decision to drop Molino
By Walter Alibey (T&T Guardian)

“There is more inside the mortar besides the pestle.” This is the view of a number of local coaches regarding the decision by national coach Stephen Hart to axe influential midfielder Kevin Molino from his 23-man squad for the opening two matches of the Concacaf Final Round of the Fifa 2018 World Cup Qualifiers.

Molino, a past student of East Mucurapo Secondary School, who twice broke a team camp against Guatemala in a qualifier at the Hasely Crawford Stadium back on August 31 and in October before the Caribbean Cup clash against Martinique in Fort-de-France, will miss crucial matches against Costa Rica on Friday and Honduras on November 16, a decision that has sparked ongoing debate among the football fraternity.

Yesterday, coaches Angus Eve, Everald “Gally” Cummings and Michael Grayson were very cautious with their comments on the Molino sacking, saying there seems to be more happening behind the scene, while an outspoken Leroy De Leon called for stiffer penalty for the embattled player.

Cummings, who guided the famous “Strike Squad” to within a point of qualifying for the 1990 World Cup in Italy, said he could not comment much on the matter since he was unaware of everything taking place within the team and its management.

“I think the coach has made his decision and we have to go with it. We have to support him and hope that the team delivers good results” Cummings said.

Eve, a former national youth coach said, “I am only aware of what I read in the media regarding Molino’s actions and now his suspension for the upcoming two matches against Costa Rica and Honduras. However no player is bigger than the game.”

Eve, a former senior national standout player for the Soca Warriors, in a bold show of support for Hart, pointed out he has known Hart for a very long while, during which he has shown that he is a very fair person.

He added: “I don’t think Hart would have come to that decision based on emotions, but rather after careful consideration of all the factors before him. He has not shown himself to be an irrational person and therefore he would know, more than all of us, exactly what action the situation required and would have done so appropriately.”

At a press briefing on Friday, Hart said the Orlando City midfielder is free to make himself available for selection after the two-match suspension.

Eve called on the public to rally around the coach, who has been doing an excellent job so far, as well as the team for the qualifiers, as they need to finish among the top three to be assured of a place in the World Cup finals. Should they finish fourth, they will head into an inter continental play-off for a chance to qualify.

Eve also called on the public to not judge the player, saying he made a couple mistakes that should not lead to his total exit from the team. He described Molino as a piece of the puzzle that Hart needs at this point in time.

Eve, the two-time winning SSFL coach with Naparima College pointed out that while Hart has been doing a great job, he would like to see the Soca Warriors playing with a lot more intensity while possessing the ball in the opponents’ half more.

De Leon, on the other hand, called for stiffer penalties for Molino, saying the country does not need players like him. De Leon, considered the best player ever to grace the red, white and black of T&T said: “The moment we allow a marquee player to behave in that manner then the other players would soon want to follow. Molino must know and understand that wearing the national team colours is an honour and by breaking camps, not once, but twice, he has shown disrespect to his country, his team-mates and the people of the country.”

Meanwhile, Grayson, who has made a name for himself as player and coach for T&T also, said “Somehow, I feel we have not gotten the real story behind the Molino issue. However, the coach has made a decision and we will have to go with it.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: November 07, 2016, 09:27:12 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino clears the air

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SWiy3w_Twvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SWiy3w_Twvc</a>

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: November 07, 2016, 10:02:06 PM »
So what is it that he didn't like exactly that led him to break camp twice?

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: November 07, 2016, 10:09:47 PM »
doh worry Kevin. it have a couple nice boatride while yuh home dey. get that outa yuh system.  and if yuh see any of dem fellas on it Sell dem out!  ;D

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: November 08, 2016, 05:34:37 AM »
Some things are better left unsaid Kevin. All this crap about you didn't like certain things and that's why you broke camp makes you sound a bit narcissistic. Suck it up and move on.

Offline CAPITANO

• Full Warrior
  • I heart zaboka
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: November 08, 2016, 08:41:37 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino clears the air

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/SWiy3w_Twvc" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/SWiy3w_Twvc</a>

steups...what was the point of this interview.. what did he clear the air about?
just apologize for braking camp and move on
WE JAMMIN STILL!!!!!!

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: November 09, 2016, 12:58:05 AM »
Better he hush he mouth oui. Interview was ah waste ah time and ent helping his cause!

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: November 09, 2016, 09:25:16 AM »
Some ah allyuh sad oui.  De man admit he was wrong and did not behave appropriately.  Him saying certain things he didn't like could be anything so why harp on that.  Is not like is ah 10 minute uncut interview, is soundbites.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: November 09, 2016, 10:11:45 AM »
Some ah allyuh sad oui.  De man admit he was wrong and did not behave appropriately.  Him saying certain things he didn't like could be anything so why harp on that.  Is not like is ah 10 minute uncut interview, is soundbites.

I hear yah. I reasoned the same as well.

However, it seems equally reasonable to state that the interview, being reduced to this clip, suggests no other valuable nuggets of information were made available for presentation to the public.

Although KM sitting down with the media house was well-intended, the abstract references ("things I did not like") did not help to further the public's understanding of what occurred or establish the value of speaking to the media.

When first I saw that an interview existed (before viewing it), I was concerned that a disappearing issue would be made to fester again. However, on balance, I wouldn't say the interview was damaging although my advice to KM would have been to let sleeping dogs lie and NOT do the interview.

Why? It's not like he was in a position to share more without compromising the healing that has taken place.

In this instance, if yuh cyah speak freely, doh attempt to speak at all. Without the interview we could have concluded that all is well.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: November 09, 2016, 10:49:02 AM »
Dats exactly what we saying @asylumseeker

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: November 09, 2016, 12:02:21 PM »

I hear yah. I reasoned the same as well.

However, it seems equally reasonable to state that the interview, being reduced to this clip, suggests no other valuable nuggets of information were made available for presentation to the public.

Although KM sitting down with the media house was well-intended, the abstract references ("things I did not like") did not help to further the public's understanding of what occurred or establish the value of speaking to the media.

When first I saw that an interview existed (before viewing it), I was concerned that a disappearing issue would be made to fester again. However, on balance, I wouldn't say the interview was damaging although my advice to KM would have been to let sleeping dogs lie and NOT do the interview.

Why? It's not like he was in a position to share more without compromising the healing that has taken place.

In this instance, if yuh cyah speak freely, doh attempt to speak at all. Without the interview we could have concluded that all is well.

Molino may have felt that his character was brought into question and needed to defend himself. 

He clumsily (IMO) did so by vaguely referencing "things went on that he didn't appreciate" as a means to explain why he behaved the way he did.  However, that just opens up more questions as readers/viewers will want to know what those "things" are.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: November 09, 2016, 02:48:56 PM »
and whatever those things might be, boat ride and clubbing fix everything ? Can't deny True True Trini style.  ;D

Offline Quags

• use to b compre . Founder of the militant wing of the Soca Warriors
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: November 09, 2016, 02:57:57 PM »
It huttin him ,that vague reference has to be from the first lime and the backlash ,ah notice he partner Williams eh make it either .I remember they all get a free pass for the boatride .Is the bar lime blew up in his face .
Sorry he doh like certain things but but we might miss a cup finals for this foolishness .

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: November 15, 2016, 05:17:09 AM »
Casually viewed an extended version of the interview a couple days ago. Standard fare, nothing revolutionary.

Merrique missed the journalistic boat in not asking KM to be specific on what he didn't appreciate.

Question should have been asked. Player didn't have to answer.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: November 15, 2016, 10:52:20 AM »
Casually viewed an extended version of the interview a couple days ago. Standard fare, nothing revolutionary.

Merrique missed the journalistic boat in not asking KM to be specific on what he didn't appreciate.

Question should have been asked. Player didn't have to answer.
He totally let that one slip, maybe he need to look at 60 minutes more.

1]; } ?>