March 28, 2024, 06:31:27 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162349 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino wins Goal USA's 2016 Comeback Player of the Year award
« Reply #540 on: November 15, 2016, 01:12:12 PM »
Kevin Molino wins Goal USA's 2016 Comeback Player of the Year award
By Ben Valentine (goal.com)

The Orlando City midfielder bounced back from an ACL tear and proved to be worth the wait as he became one of the league's most dangerous attackers.

Kevin Molino’s MLS journey could have been over shortly after it had begun.

The Trinidad and Tobago international had joined Orlando City when the club first started operations in the USL. He had gone from rotation player, to starter, to star in the USL after scoring 20 goals in the league in Orlando City’s last season before joining MLS.

It set the stage for a highly anticipated debut, one that was all too brief when Molino tore the anterior cruciate ligament of his right knee in a May 2015 friendly. Seven games in, Molino’s season was over.

“It was hard to come to terms with it,” Molino told Goal USA in an interview earlier this year. “It was my first major injury — the next day I had an MRI and they determined I’d be out for the season.

“The most important thing for me was the people around me — my mother, family, friends. It’s been a tough road and being out for 10 months is difficult, but you know in life, whatever happens you have to get up and keep going.”

That’s exactly what Molino did and more. Upon his return in March, the 26-year-old midfielder didn’t just make up for lost time, he took on a starring role.

Molino finished 2016 with 11 goals and eight assists. He also ended the year with 42 chances created and nine big chances created — tied for the fifth best in MLS. His goal, assist and chance creation totals were each second on Orlando City and he created the most big chances for the Lions.

It contributed to Orlando City scoring 55 goals on the year - third best in MLS.

But Orlando City failed to make the playoffs as defensively the side was a mess, conceding 60 times. That was the worst mark in the league, and something Molino knows he needs to help improve.

“For me, the attacking aspect has been great, but they’re asking me to continue to work on the defensive side of my game," he said. "I can always improve, you know? I can always get better.”

In addition, Molino ran afoul with Trinidad and Tobago head coach Stephen Hart for breaking curfew twice while on international duty. The result was a two-game suspension for the midfielder during the first two contests of the CONCACAF Hexagonal. Molino has since apologized.

But the his value is unmistakable — his international teammates missed him greatly in a 2-0 loss to Costa Rica to open up the final round of World Cup qualifying. The Soca Warriors often seemed to lack ideas to unlock the Ticos defense, something Molino has done so well for Orlando City.

So while there remains room for Molino to grow both on and off the field, 2016 established that the base line to work with is high. He answered questions about his ability, and it’s hard to question his determination after working his way back from an ACL tear in less than a year — earning him Goal’s comeback player of the year award.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #541 on: November 30, 2016, 07:27:44 PM »
Former Orlando City coach, Adrian Heath made the following comment regarding his new role at Minnesota United:

“There are a few players on Orlando’s roster that every team in the league would want," he said. "We’ll see what they leave us to pick from, but they’ve got some quality players. I want to pick the players that are right for us. It does help when you’ve worked with players, but for me, I have a very distinct way to play football.”

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2016/11/29/adrian-heath-says-experience-gonna-be-big-minnesota-utds-chances
« Last Edit: November 30, 2016, 07:43:03 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #542 on: January 02, 2017, 02:56:24 AM »
Gold Cup qualification, nashy ... Gold Cup qualification.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #543 on: January 02, 2017, 03:07:51 AM »
kevin i know yuhs ah man who used to post here under the handle NASHY, and i know that you still browse the site now and then, so i hope this message would reach you in a timely fashion.

but anyway, between you and me yute that is a real kakahole move yuh about to make and the one that would suffer the most is you and i'll tell you why.

as much as you don't rate coach hart and wants to teach him a lesson, coach hart bread done butter on both sides, and david john williams business done fix well good and would never want for anything as long as he remains alive, while you on the other hand just began to experience the taste of success and have a lot of grounds to cover before you could exclaim that yuh reach where yuh goin.

you must remember that you are no spring chicken, and while 26 is still considered quite young in a footballer's career and in most footballing circles some would even go as far as to claim that you're in your prime at 27, but what they fail to contemplate is that it only applies to ppl who have already played on the highest level and is winding down their career.

at 26 ballers are renewing their contracts with their old clubs or moving on to a better situation to ensure regular playing time for the next three to four years, not for men who's just getting their feet wet.

the move you are about to make is for men like messi, kaka, saurez, di maria,neymar even your team mate KJ, men who stamp their seal on football and could look back and say that they played on the highest level , have been to a world cup and a club cup final and they did it all at a very young age and have the finances to back up the accolades,you on the other hand has done absolutely nothing and is starting off your career in a league where old inconsequential players go to retire.

right now you're about to miss out on one of the biggest tournament in concacaf where tons of scouts and big name agents attend to shop for the next best talent and you want to blow it over your pride??? man you really need to reconsider your decision, i don;t know who the hell is counseling you but you need to get far away from that person.

breddren you still haven't played on the highest level, you still haven't won a regional championship, in reality the only thing you have done was to win a USL cup and no one who's anyone cares bout that, so in reality you still have a lot to achieve before you could make them kind of moves, and it's these kind of tournaments where players who have spend most their careers in bush leagues long for to be seen by the right people who can prop and elevate their careers.

i hope you mr williams and the coaching staff could come to an understanding and let cooler heads prevail, bc i fear that if you pull that move this coach here would never trust you ever again, let alone look on you as a viable option just like he turn his back on keon daniel, i know if i was in his position i wouldn't if my best player turned his back on me on the eve of a big tournament, how could coach recover from that to have confidence in such a player.

you remember how hard it was for you to sit out the gold cup (your words), and how much you wanted to contribute but was impeded by injury? meh boy imagine if by some miracle your team mates pulled a rabbit out ah hat and qualify for the world cup, think of how hard it would be for you to miss out on that, and you would if you sit out a year, bc hart would not look on you again if you did that, i guarantee it!!

in closing, go ask yorke and latas how hard it was to be banished from football, and for the same kind of behavior that you exhibit. them kinda moves is for fellas like levi garcia, he could probably get away with that bc he's a spring chicken with plenty football to play and he's already playing on a very high level in europe and probably doesn't need international appearances to be scouted, nor for work permits.

i implore you nashy to rethink your decision and don't make something that simple and easy to work out snowball into an unnecessary debacle. i know bigger players who would swim an ocean just to represnt their country, just ask carlito tevez or your team mate kaka.

Epic post. Bring de sequel, JC.
« Last Edit: January 02, 2017, 03:09:34 AM by asylumseeker »

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #544 on: January 06, 2017, 10:28:41 AM »
Anyone saw the latest installment...Molino's interview where he talks about not wanting to just give, "50 or 40 percent" when representing the country? Hence the reason why he didn't play against Nicaragua and also that he had to go back to Orlando to, "do some stuff".

After watching the few minutes that the "interviewer" allowed him to talk about this current bachanal -- yeah he went on to talk bout Orlando, and at the end Hart, blah, blah, blah -- my question (to myself of course) was, what "percent" would he have given the damn team if he had been selected for these two games??? 
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #545 on: January 06, 2017, 10:57:51 AM »
Anyone saw the latest installment...Molino's interview where he talks about not wanting to just give, "50 or 40 percent" when representing the country? Hence the reason why he didn't play against Nicaragua and also that he had to go back to Orlando to, "do some stuff".

But dat is de same kinda reasoning I did give my teacher when I missed an A level GP test. Ah end up getting NOUGHT.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #546 on: January 06, 2017, 01:00:33 PM »
Molino full of blasted shit. Mitchell and Abu Bakr season done long time now they not 100% fit but still they here fighting with T&T. Molino studding to run fete match down with Bateau for Carenage. If was me he never play for T&T again, he to dam ungrateful, de season long injury didn't teach him much, he eh know how fast he luck could change, Latas is de man who give him a break and now Latas is assistant coach, Molino should be present on de team first.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #547 on: January 06, 2017, 02:38:28 PM »
Molino full of blasted shit. Mitchell and Abu Bakr season done long time now they not 100% fit but still they here fighting with T&T. Molino studding to run fete match down with Bateau for Carenage. If was me he never play for T&T again, he to dam ungrateful, de season long injury didn't teach him much, he eh know how fast he luck could change, Latas is de man who give him a break and now Latas is assistant coach, Molino should be present on de team first.

Maybe he waiting for latas to be coach  ;)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #548 on: January 06, 2017, 04:55:19 PM »
Waiting for Latas to be coach? By that time we out of the WC!!!

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #549 on: January 06, 2017, 05:04:58 PM »

Shabazz aka ffisback has already stated SANTHIEF won't last until march

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #550 on: January 06, 2017, 06:05:14 PM »

I predict that too. I think Shabazz will be coach though. So get your popcorn ready.

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #551 on: January 06, 2017, 06:35:29 PM »

I predict that too. I think Shabazz will be coach though. So get your popcorn ready.

so ........... ??? who goh carry d laptop with skype when we playin in d US ???
I pity the fool....

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #552 on: January 06, 2017, 06:39:36 PM »

so ........... ??? who goh carry d laptop with skype when we playin in d US ???

Lol. By that time we would have already lost interest in the campaign.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #553 on: January 06, 2017, 07:45:58 PM »
The sad thing is the writing is on the wall and we can't do anything about it, or can we :thinking:

Can we the people save our NT football???

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #554 on: January 06, 2017, 07:59:05 PM »
The sad thing is the writing is on the wall and we can't do anything about it, or can we :thinking:

I am a proactive type of person who believes that we can. But based on the current set up, we cant.. Unless the gov't gets involved. But that is a whole other story. .

DJW is not the type to step down under public pressure. Dictators rarely step down when faced with pressure.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #555 on: January 06, 2017, 08:18:18 PM »

I am a proactive type of person who believes that we can. But based on the current set up, we cant.. Unless the gov't gets involved. But that is a whole other story. .

DJW is not the type to step down under public pressure. Dictators rarely step down when faced with pressure.
Exactly, we may need to get the gov't involved by being persistent with the Min of Sport. The people of Zimbabwe were primarily responsible of getting rid of "ours truly" Saintfiet, but they were proactive and took a stand.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #556 on: January 06, 2017, 08:42:21 PM »

Exactly, we may need to get the gov't involved by being persistent with the Min of Sport. The people of Zimbabwe were primarily responsible of getting rid of "ours truly" Saintfiet, but they were proactive and took a stand.

Getting rid of Saint"fete" will be the easy part. DJW already said he will do it.. The question is whether or not Saint"fete" will be gone before March.. Or maybe next week.

The hard part will be to oust the dictator. And trust me, he aint giving up he post that easy. If this was 1940s Germany, you think yuh could ask Hitler to give up he throne? DJW no different.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #557 on: January 06, 2017, 09:03:40 PM »

Getting rid of Saint"fete" will be the easy part. DJW already said he will do it.. The question is whether or not Saint"fete" will be gone before March.. Or maybe next week.

The hard part will be to oust the dictator. And trust me, he aint giving up he post that easy. If this was 1940s Germany, you think yuh could ask Hitler to give up he throne? DJW no different.

The dictator has the backing of the sports minister so the govt will not step in...

Notice we haven't even been given the allocation amount from the govt to date...

The next agm is where he will need to be ousted but he has the voting members in his pocket so it will take someone with more pull and deeper pockets to get rid of him...

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #558 on: January 06, 2017, 09:04:22 PM »

After watching the few minutes that the "interviewer" allowed him to talk about this current bachanal -- yeah he went on to talk bout Orlando, and at the end Hart, blah, blah, blah -- my question (to myself of course) was, what "percent" would he have given the damn team if he had been selected for these two games??? 
you have a link to the interview?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #559 on: January 06, 2017, 09:17:46 PM »

The dictator has the backing of the sports minister so the govt will not step in...

Notice we haven't even been given the allocation amount from the govt to date...

The next agm is where he will need to be ousted but he has the voting members in his pocket so it will take someone with more pull and deeper pockets to get rid of him...

The sports minister is a man of integrity or what? You sure he backing DJW?

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #560 on: January 06, 2017, 09:28:50 PM »

The sports minister is a man of integrity or what? You sure he backing DJW?

Where is the allocation amount sir?

Ask yourself that question,  I repeat the govt will not step in, the dictator has free reign..

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #561 on: January 06, 2017, 09:33:24 PM »

Contro, you know that govts can't insert undue influence on their national associations. They can withhold finances if they want. The people you all should be targeting are the proleague and the super league. These two entities have the majority votes. Please correct me if I am wrong on that. I don't think you should implicated the MOS in this bullcrap. If you say the MOS supporting DJW, then why should he withhold money from football. I know for a fact the MOS is a Latapy fan. There is nothing we can do about that. If the national team had a strong following, things would be different. Fans could and would demand certain things. National team football don't have strong fan support. That is why Jack and DJW could care less about the pain the fans are experiencing.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #562 on: January 06, 2017, 09:36:09 PM »
So basically this is it. DJW is ruler for life with absolute power. His presidency will run into the next WC qualification campaign.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #563 on: January 06, 2017, 09:38:42 PM »

Contro, you know that govts can't insert undue influence on their national associations. They can withhold finances if they want. The people you all should be targeting are the proleague and the super league. These two entities have the majority votes. Please correct me if I am wrong on that. I don't think you should implicated the MOS in this bullcrap. If you say the MOS supporting DJW, then why should he withhold money from football. I know for a fact the MOS is a Latapy fan. There is nothing we can do about that. If the national team had a strong following, things would be different. Fans could and would demand certain things. National team football don't have strong fan support. That is why Jack and DJW could care less about the pain the fans are experiencing.

We all know the govt cannot intervene nor will they...

Who told you djw didn't get any money this year? LoL doh get tie up family

Pro league and super have a large amount of votes but the eastern ,southern fa and so forth are very influential as well...

The dictator got money but he just not talking about it lol

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #564 on: January 06, 2017, 09:42:12 PM »
So basically this is it. DJW is ruler for life with absolute power. His presidency will run into the next WC qualification campaign.

He has two terms, there are term limits in the new constitution .... so he has one more term if re elected
« Last Edit: January 06, 2017, 09:44:50 PM by Controversial »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #565 on: January 06, 2017, 09:42:20 PM »

Not really. Contro and his group MUST show up at the next AGM and present a very persuasive argument on why they should run football. If they can't do that, then DJW will continue. God forbid if AJW decide to make a comeback for "redemption".

Offline Fyzoman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #566 on: January 06, 2017, 09:42:43 PM »

you have a link to the interview?

https://www.facebook.com/ttsportdiary/videos/1823175837925356/
"Practice is the best of all instructors"

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #567 on: January 06, 2017, 09:46:43 PM »

Pro league and super have a large amount of votes but the eastern ,southern fa and so forth are very influential as well...

But Contro., you have said that the govt have not given them money. Or do I have it wrong? I read where the proleague said that they have not received the 2016 moneys. I have not heard anything about TTFA receiving money from the govt. Maybe that is where I am getting mixed-up.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #568 on: January 06, 2017, 09:52:32 PM »

But Contro., you have said that the govt have not given them money. Or do I have it wrong? I read where the proleague said that they have not received the 2016 moneys. I have not heard anything about TTFA receiving money from the govt. Maybe that is where I am getting mixed-up.

I have never stated that they didn't receive money... you mistook what I said, I asked how much they received and no answers have been given to date... one of the other posters posted amounts from previous years... no allocation was shown for this fiscal year... because djw has not divulged that information, he won't for another calendar year, long after he sabotages our team

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #569 on: January 06, 2017, 09:52:49 PM »

Not really. Contro and his group MUST show up at the next AGM and present a very persuasive argument on why they should run football. If they can't do that, then DJW will continue. God forbid if AJW decide to make a comeback for "redemption".

:rotfl: Alright let we all attend and present a case.

1]; } ?>