March 28, 2024, 04:54:26 PM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162418 times)

Offline dcs

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T 4 COP
    • View Profile
    • Warrior Nation
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #600 on: January 26, 2017, 10:55:17 PM »
“Where do you start with Kevin?” Heath said in Minnesota’s release. “As a player, he has incredible touch on the ball, can score goals, can create goals, he has great balance, there’s nothing he can’t do with a football. In my opinion he’s the best player in his position in the country.”

Best of luck and hopefully works out well.
Sounds like he was overs Orlando even when they tried a bit late to keep him happy. Mind was made up ...is it the same for T&T?

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: January 26, 2017, 11:41:56 PM »
is it the same for T&T?

Right now Kevin needs to straighten out his personal issue and make sure he can perform for his new team. TrinTo eh do him nothing. We eh know exactly why Kevin rebel on Hart's watch. What it is that Hart do to him that turn him sour on Hart and TrinTo football. Up to now I still cyah figure that out yet. But that is history. He should see about his club ball where he making his money. He eh have to worry about DJW and TTFA not giving him money
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 07:01:51 AM by Deeks »

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: January 27, 2017, 06:03:35 AM »
The man with the million dollar legs......

One step closer to that million. Just hope he can deliver for this expansion team. I wonder if he getting a DP slot which really allows for a big pay day.

In any profession if you better than 90% of your co workers, producing more but earning significantly less, is level chest burn in that environment everyday.

Can't give him wrong for agitating for something substantial. If he is to become the fulcrum of MNUFC offense know that he will also be the focus of all opposition defenses, make or break year for him. All the best to him.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: January 27, 2017, 06:49:52 AM »
This is good. Time to push on and not be complacent. He wasn't ever going Europe but being the fulcrum of this new team should push him to higher heights. Good luck to the young man and I hope he can bring some of that passion, work ethic and desire to the national team.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: January 27, 2017, 09:09:46 AM »
Good for Molino, seems like he has a good bond with this coach. Preacher yuh get yuh season tickets yet?
« Last Edit: January 27, 2017, 09:18:27 AM by soccerman »

Offline ribbit

• Hero Warrior
  • T & T We Want A Goal !
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: January 27, 2017, 09:11:13 AM »
nice move! good to hear.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: January 27, 2017, 09:18:08 AM »
No-brainer decision for Molino. Glad for him. Set your sights higher though. . .

Look, let KM look after himself. That is a great move on his part. At his age, money matters. I don't see him going to Euro. to play. So good luck.

Not necessarily, if as I heard  he was offered a new contract to stay in Orlando. He's going from an established partnership with Kaka on a team that is working it's way up, to unfamiliar teammates on a team that's starting from scratch. Could be a recipe for more losing, and if he's got the big contract he could end up taking a lot of blame. Hopefully it works out for him.

yes, it could be a recipe for disaster. But at his age,  he has to take that chance. Look at the money he making. He worked in the trenches for Orlando when they were a USL team. The guys who are making way more than him in Orlando now, were not there then. If things don't work out in Vikings city, he can come back to the city of bachus. It have plenty boat ride.

But Orlando offered him an improved contract to stay. I don't know how much more they offered or how much he's getting from Minnesota, but just the fact that an offer was on the table would give me pause.But say what, that's all done now. It's up to him to make the best of the new situation.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: January 27, 2017, 09:21:47 AM »
I always thought dat his contribution  felt undervalued but at d time, I attributed that to jus d press......didn know dat he was on d low end of salaries, Orlando always looked hopeless in attack without him or him and kaka, how exactly did Orlando define VALUE in d there salary decisions......relative marketability?

Sent from my SM-J105B using Tapatalk

I pity the fool....

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: January 27, 2017, 10:26:23 AM »
I always thought dat his contribution  felt undervalued but at d time, I attributed that to jus d press......didn know dat he was on d low end of salaries, Orlando always looked hopeless in attack without him or him and kaka, how exactly did Orlando define VALUE in d there salary decisions......relative marketability?

Remember Molino was the first player they signed to a MLS contract and they gave him a contract that paid $120k/yr. At the time they hadn't signed Kaka or any other players and Molino was not a proven commodity at this level yet. Even now, he's still only had 1 good year at this level. Molino's contract is low compared to Kaka and some big earners in the league but unless I'm mistaken he's among the higher paid on the team. I could be wrong on this but that's the impression I had.
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: January 27, 2017, 11:25:14 AM »

Remember Molino was the first player they signed to a MLS contract and they gave him a contract that paid $120k/yr. At the time they hadn't signed Kaka or any other players and Molino was not a proven commodity at this level yet. Even now, he's still only had 1 good year at this level. Molino's contract is low compared to Kaka and some big earners in the league but unless I'm mistaken he's among the higher paid on the team. I could be wrong on this but that's the impression I had.

There were at least 11 Orlando players with a higher salary than Molino.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: January 27, 2017, 11:37:41 AM »
I don't think the Orlando situation is all that straightforward

Prior to Kaka's signing, Miolino  was their star player as they made their debut in MLS. There were extremely high hopes for him that he would be a major star in the MLS.  His returns were frankly, underwhelming.

Coming from USL to MLS, I believe at the time that he was promised that he would be taken care of (financially) in due time.

Then he suffered a major injury.  From all reports, Orlando fully supported him and provided him with the best possible medical and ancillary support to recover fully from that injury.

He came back determined to improve on his previous MLS performances and had a pretty good season.

But these factors I believe played into Molino's issues with Orlando:

1 - The firing of Adrian Heath and the advent of a new coach.  Heath knows Molino well. The new coach has a different experience

2 - The advent of Kyle Larin, Orlando's top scorer.  They play different roles but Orlando still has a budget under which to operate.  If it came down to paying Larin or Molino, who would you go with?

3 - The disciplinary issues with T&T. Those reports would be concerning to any team.  It may be relatively minor in the overall scheme of things, but with a new "sherriff" in town in Orlando....who knows how that may have factored in
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Will Kevin Molino be worth the cost for Minnesota United FC?
« Reply #611 on: January 27, 2017, 12:02:05 PM »
Will Kevin Molino be worth the cost for Minnesota United FC?
By Benjamin Baer (mlssoccer.com)

Adrian Heath pulled out all the stops to get Kevin Molino.

The 26-year-old attacker is joining Minnesota United FC after seeing a trade send him from Orlando City SC to the Land of 10,000 Lakes on Friday. Orlando received $450,000 in General Allocation Money and $200,000 in Targeted Allocation Money.

Heath had targeted the Trinidad & Tobago attacker for acquisition almost as soon as he was hired by MNUFC:

The $650,000 total is reportedly tied for the largest amount ever exchanged between MLS teams, which indicates that Minnesota is counting on Molino to be a cornerstone piece with the club going forward. For reference, the New York Red Bulls received $400,000 in General Allocation Money for 2015 Best XI midfielder Dax McCarty a few weeks ago. Molino came into MLS in 2015 after receiving the 2014 USL MVP award, but suffered a torn ACL early in the season. In 2016 Molino had a promising season as he returned to full health, registering 11 goals and eight assists.

With the addition of Molino, it seems Minnesota’s front four is set. Heath is expected to utilize a 4-2-3-1 formation, as he did in Orlando, and Molino, Miguel Ibarra, Johan Venegas and Christian Ramirez should fill those four spots.

Ibarra is slotted in as the left winger, with his ability to beat defenders one-v-one and pump in crosses, while also being goal dangerous. Ramirez is a classic No. 9 who has had no trouble finishing in the NASL over the past couple of seasons.

The roles that Venegas and Molino will occupy are a little less clear. Venegas has mostly struggled during his time in MLS, playing as a winger for the Montreal Impact. The Costa Rican has collected just two goals and one assist in 1,429 minutes. Many US national team fans will remember that Venegas looked very comfortable as a pressing No. 9, when he helped the Ticos defeat the US 4-0 back in November. He scored the opening goal in the 44th minute and pestered the US backline all night, forcing them into many mistakes.

While Molino’s production was more than adequate with Orlando in 2016, the Trinidadian did not always look comfortable at right wing for the club.

He played as a No. 10 for Orlando while they were in USL, but with the addition of Kaká, he was pushed out to the wing. There, he has not been able to show if he can be an elite chance creator in MLS.

In 2016, Molino created 1.63 chances per 90 minutes, which was the 49th highest rate in the league. Venegas created 1.84 chances per 90 minutes but did so in a small sample size of just 683 minutes.

What could be troubling for Loons fans is that every MLS Cup Playoff team last season had at least one player average 1.9 chances created per 90 minutes.

Ibarra, Molino and Venegas all have the potential to reach that number, and of the three it looks like Molino will get the keys to the car. With the amount of resources that Minnesota have used to acquire him, they'll certainly be hoping for an All-Star-caliber output in 2017.

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: January 27, 2017, 12:19:16 PM »
I don't see how anybody could say he was underwhelming in first MLS season. He play 6 games before injury and the team was also just trying to find themselves. It was a completely different team from the season before.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: January 27, 2017, 12:35:40 PM »

There were at least 11 Orlando players with a higher salary than Molino.

Thanks for the correction Tallman.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: January 27, 2017, 12:36:50 PM »
I don't think the Orlando situation is all that straightforward

Prior to Kaka's signing, Miolino  was their star player as they made their debut in MLS. There were extremely high hopes for him that he would be a major star in the MLS.  His returns were frankly, underwhelming.

Coming from USL to MLS, I believe at the time that he was promised that he would be taken care of (financially) in due time.

Then he suffered a major injury.  From all reports, Orlando fully supported him and provided him with the best possible medical and ancillary support to recover fully from that injury.

He came back determined to improve on his previous MLS performances and had a pretty good season.

But these factors I believe played into Molino's issues with Orlando:

1 - The firing of Adrian Heath and the advent of a new coach.  Heath knows Molino well. The new coach has a different experience

2 - The advent of Kyle Larin, Orlando's top scorer.  They play different roles but Orlando still has a budget under which to operate.  If it came down to paying Larin or Molino, who would you go with?

3 - The disciplinary issues with T&T. Those reports would be concerning to any team.  It may be relatively minor in the overall scheme of things, but with a new "sherriff" in town in Orlando....who knows how that may have factored in

You forgot to mention the changes in ownership. The original owner is still with the team but in a reduced capacity as there is new money backing the team, and calling the shots.

Offline Tobago28

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #615 on: January 27, 2017, 12:38:14 PM »
I hope this works out for Molino but I am somewhat concerned as he is 1. now a huge part of what Minnesota will try to accomplish and 2. the weather will be totally different from Trinidad and Orlando.  Minneapolis, Minnesota is damn hot in the Summer and freezing cold the winter; the beginning and end of season will be tough on him, he should be able to handle the heat.

Offline Thomo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: January 27, 2017, 02:26:25 PM »
I hope this works out for Molino but I am somewhat concerned as he is 1. now a huge part of what Minnesota will try to accomplish and 2. the weather will be totally different from Trinidad and Orlando.  Minneapolis, Minnesota is damn hot in the Summer and freezing cold the winter; the beginning and end of season will be tough on him, he should be able to handle the heat.
Well if he had designs of playing in England he would have had to deal with playing over Xmas and those extremely  cold January weeknights. Just gotta suck it up and deal with it, that's the life of a professional footballer. Plus I don't think Minnesota's conditions are worse than Russia and Bateau out dey putting his shoulder to de wheel.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Why Minnesota United paid so much to get Kevin Molino
« Reply #617 on: January 30, 2017, 02:04:36 PM »
The whole story: Why Minnesota United paid so much to get Kevin Molino
By Paul Tenorio (FourFourTwo)

It started with a conversation in November to gauge whether Kevin Molino might be available. The discussions meandered through late fall and into the holidays, staggered out of the combine and draft in early January and finally reached an apex last week.

When the months-long saga finally came to an end on Thursday, the result was a doozy.

Orlando City agreed to trade Molino (along with backup goalkeeper Patrick McLain) to the expansion Minnesota United for a total of $650,000 in allocation money -- $450,000 in general allocation and $200,000 in targeted allocation.

The figure matched the reported $650,000 that was fetched for Eddie Johnson when he was traded from Seattle to D.C. United in 2013. It also gave Minnesota a much-needed playmaker to serve at the heart of Adrian Heath’s 4-2-3-1 system.

Multiple general managers around the league told me they were shocked at the price tag. Others said they were surprised Orlando City couldn’t find a way to make Molino happy. The two general managers involved in the trade walked away feeling satisfied.

Both also felt exceptional circumstances led to an exceptional deal.

“I think it’s important to understand this is a unique situation from just us trying to put together an offer that showed Orlando we understood they had a player they wanted to keep, but we had assets to make a deal happen,” Minnesota general manager Manny Lagos said. “That takes time to absorb, and it takes time for us to say we are ready to commit those assets.”

Said Orlando GM Niki Budalic: “I don’t think this is a new [league] standard. It’s a unique situation ... I have no doubt Kevin will be a success in Minnesota. I expect him to do well and be a good foundation piece for them. On the flip side, from our perspective, we’ll move on and have the flexibility to add pieces now if need be. It’s a win-win situation.”

It didn’t always look like Molino would find a way out of Orlando.

A torn ACL cut the two-time USL MVP’s first MLS season short, but in 2016 Molino returned and, playing right wing, put up 11 goals and eight assists. His 19 combined goals and assists ranked him among the best midfielders in the league, especially when discounting secondary assists (he had none) and penalty kick goals (he had one).

Molino’s production far outweighed his salary. At $121,400 guaranteed, Molino was the 13th-highest paid player on the team, behind players like rookie Richie Laryea, right back Kevin Alston and center backs Seb Hines and Jose Aja.

When the front office and coaching staff met with players after the season, Molino didn’t give any indication he was unhappy, Budalic said. That soon changed. Molino and his representation reached out to the club about a new contract that would pay Molino a number closer to one that matched his 2016 production. It was clear that his asking price was too high for Orlando City’s comfort level.

“The expectations were definitely beyond reason, and we tried to reconcile the differences across two months,” Budalic said. “We do have a strong belief that players should be rewarded for their performances, but at the same time, we feel that reward shouldn’t necessarily come on the back of one season in which they perform well. We also strongly feel players should contribute to team success, it’s not just about individuals. Given the team didn’t make the playoffs the last two years, given that we needed to show improvement in the squad, we asked players to make a commitment to the team.

“That was different for, Kevin because Kevin felt he had been here seven years and contributed to the club, and we acknowledged and supported that. But given where we were and trying to improve the club into a contender, we asked for flexibility. Our hand was pushed, we tried to negotiate, we tried the best we could and unfortunately it was not enough for Kevin.”

When it was clear Molino wanted to move on from Orlando, the club started to shop him more aggressively. Minnesota was obviously among the clubs most eager to acquire the Trinidad and Tobago national team star. The trade interest started with conversations between the two clubs dating back to November.

Minnesota coach Adrian Heath discovered Molino when he was on a scouting trip to Trinidad to look at another player. He helped push Molino to new heights, from a possession-based midfielder to one who set a USL record for goals (20) from the No. 10 role. He felt Molino could thrive if given that chance as a playmaker again, something he had not been able to do because Kaká plays there in Orlando. (Kaká once told me he believed Molino could go to Europe and succeed on a top-end team if given the chance.)

Molino outperformed his expected goals and assists in 2016, according to analytics. He also would be moving from right wing in Orlando’s system to a No. 10 – and the centerpiece of a system – in Minnesota in 2017.

Three other GMs told me Orlando City also reached out to them about Molino in the last two weeks. One said his team was quickly priced out. Budalic acknowledged the team spoke with almost every club in MLS and was in serious talks with three clubs. He said Minnesota’s offer was not “out of whack with other offers we entertained” and that Orlando had “comparable offers.” Several potential deals included players. None stacked up to what Minnesota ultimately put on the table.

“In the end, we were considering going with a player instead of resources,” Budalic said. “But we felt the flexibility was important to us.”

The amount of allocation money was, frankly, shocking. The deal will be even more costly once Molino and Minnesota negotiate a new deal. Lagos and Budalic said any discussion about the trade should weigh the fact that, as an expansion team, Minnesota had plenty of allocation money and plenty of cap space. Sources earlier this offseason indicated the expansion teams started with approximately $2 million in GAM and another $1.5 million in TAM.

“We’re building a team and we have resources and assets some teams in MLS don’t have right now,” Lagos said. “In other areas, we don’t have as much because they have existing teams and players. So, it’s both an advantage and challenging. We only have certain types of assets in a deal like this.”

Lagos also insisted this deal was an indication of a quickly-changing market in which players are being valued differently within the league. My view: In a league where TAM players are at a premium, signing a midfielder you know – with proven success in the league, and with knowledge of your coach and system – should also come at a premium, especially considering the price tags elsewhere in the world.

“The league is changing fast in what the market is and what valuation is,” he said. “I don’t want to say we don’t look at the past and try to do market value, but we also know the league is changing about how it is going to value players in the future. This deal was a part of that potential transition.”

Now Molino needs to live up to the price tag.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: February 01, 2017, 09:26:50 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino joins up with Minnesota United at their pre-season training camp in Arizona.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/wfLY7kkumN0" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/wfLY7kkumN0</a>

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: February 02, 2017, 10:44:41 AM »
F00ck you Molino.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jason Kreis says Kevin Molino asked to leave Orlando City this offseason
« Reply #620 on: February 02, 2017, 04:32:34 PM »
By Simon Veness (MLSsoccer.com)

Jason Kreis knew Kevin Molino was on his way out of Orlando City when he asked the talented attacker one simple question: Are you still committed to this team?

That was the moment the Lions head coach realized he would be looking for a new midfield component, and that the Trinidad & Tobago international was headed for a different course in 2017 with MLS expansion team Minnesota United.

Last week's trade of Molino came as a shock to Orlando fans, but Kreis admitted it was an irreversible process once the team had made it clear there would be no major new contract for the player who joined the Lions back in their USL days.

“At the end of last season, we didn’t know that there was much negative about Kevin’s future here,” said Kreis. “But then things went pretty sour pretty quickly. He wanted a much increased contract and we were unable and unwilling to do that. We want to be a club that expects our players to do well for more than one year.

“We tried to do what we could in offering a contract that we felt was competitive to what he was hoping for, but the player was still unhappy. For me, what’s most important is whether a player wants to be in the team, and the last question I asked him was, ‘Kevin, do you want to be here?’ And he said, ‘No I don’t, coach. I’d like a change of scenery’. At that point, that’s who we want to be going forward, a club that wants players to desperately be a part of it.”

For Kreis, it is now a two-pronged mission to re-work the existing roster without a midfielder who scored 11 goals and added eight assists in 2016 (both second-bests on the team) while at the same time scouting for a possible new player to plug in.

“We will definitely look for the players here to pick up the slack,” Kreis said. “We have quite a few young players that we believe in that have some talents, that didn’t contribute last year as much as they could have, and if you give them some minutes, maybe they could have done the things that Kevin did.

“So we look for a solution within. At the same time, we look for a solution from without, a new player to come in and fill that role. But we won’t go and sign somebody just to sign somebody. We will be looking for the exact right fit for us to come in and make a large impact. If we can’t find that player, we will stick with what we’ve got.”

The head coach was not naming any names when it comes to players who may get the chance to fill the gap, but Carlos Rivas, 2016 draft picks Hadji Barry and Richie Laryea, midseason signing Tony Rocha, and possibly even this year’s draft choice, Danny Deakin, could be in line to make a case for the spot.

However, the departure of Molino will not – as some have suggested – move the team closer to the 4-4-2 diamond midfield formation that Kreis employed so successfully at Real Salt Lake.

“I think that would be taking a step too far,” he insisted. “Being without Kevin doesn’t really have a tactical application for us.”

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: February 02, 2017, 05:29:01 PM »
“At the end of last season, we didn’t know that there was much negative about Kevin’s future here,” said Kreis. “But then things went pretty sour pretty quickly. He wanted a much increased contract and we were unable and unwilling to do that. We want to be a club that expects our players to do well for more than one year.

Quite disingenuous here.

If I remember correctly, Kevin was promised by ownership that he would be "taken care of" salary wise, primarily in order to accommodate the signing of Kaka.

I believe Kevin forego other more lucrative offers to stay with Orlando.  Then his coach was no longer there and there was subsequently a change in ownership.

Kevin was a big reason why Orlando made it to the MLS in the first place.  He carried that team in the USL.  The fans loved him and he sold more shirts than anyone not named Kaka.

To now state that you want players to do well for more than just one year is a slap in the face for Molino.  Kreis doing what is best for him and his circumstances and obviously was fine with Kevin staying....but at their terms.

Best for all parties concerned that he moves on.  He owes Orlando nothing now and can focus on his Minnesota career.

I don't know the story at all...other than what was reported in the media, but I wouldn't be surprised if his actions with T&T were some sort of collateral damage as a result of what was going on with his Orlando situation at the time.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: February 02, 2017, 06:53:30 PM »
Best for all parties concerned that he moves on.  He owes Orlando nothing now and can focus on his Minnesota career.

I whole heartedly agree.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: February 02, 2017, 06:59:22 PM »
In professional football there is nothing called loyalty, only contracts
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: February 02, 2017, 07:13:38 PM »
In professional football sports there is nothing called loyalty, only contracts

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: February 03, 2017, 11:40:45 AM »

I whole heartedly agree.
:beermug:

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: February 03, 2017, 01:27:11 PM »

Quite disingenuous here.

If I remember correctly, Kevin was promised by ownership that he would be "taken care of" salary wise, primarily in order to accommodate the signing of Kaka.

I believe Kevin forego other more lucrative offers to stay with Orlando.  Then his coach was no longer there and there was subsequently a change in ownership.

Kevin was a big reason why Orlando made it to the MLS in the first place.  He carried that team in the USL.  The fans loved him and he sold more shirts than anyone not named Kaka.

To now state that you want players to do well for more than just one year is a slap in the face for Molino.  Kreis doing what is best for him and his circumstances and obviously was fine with Kevin staying....but at their terms.

I don't know the story at all...other than what was reported in the media, but I wouldn't be surprised if his actions with T&T were some sort of collateral damage as a result of what was going on with his Orlando situation at the time.

Palos, you have summed it up perfectly. I have been living in Orlando for 25 years, follow the team closely, and attend OSC games. Kreis is new and the entire administrative and coaching structure is different from when he signed three years ago. My observation is that Kreis has no loyalty to Molino. 
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: February 16, 2017, 09:48:05 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino’s first goal in Minnesota United’s 3-3 draw with Real Salt Lake in a pre-season game
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Yy4SMLsQQ8?start=172" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6Yy4SMLsQQ8?start=172</a>

WATCH: Kevin Molino’s second goal in Minnesota United’s 3-3 draw with Real Salt Lake in a pre-season game
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/6Yy4SMLsQQ8?start=348" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/6Yy4SMLsQQ8?start=348</a>

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: February 16, 2017, 12:14:55 PM »
Nice goals by Molino but RSL real lapsing on defense.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: February 16, 2017, 01:22:40 PM »
Nice goals by Molino but RSL real lapsing on defense.

Analyze that 2nd goal:

• Defence outnumbered due to counter attack.  Early ball from Molino to right winger in stride
  • 2 attackers move forward into penalty area drawing 2 defenders to them
  • Molino is the trailer completely unmarked
  • Right Winger has little to no pressure on him to cross the ball.  Has time to look up and put a pin point cross to the trailer.
  • Nice finish.  Goal.

Put T&T in that same situation:

• Defence outnumbered due to counter attack.  Early ball from Molino to right winger in stride
  • 2 attackers move forward into penalty area drawing 2 defenders to them
  • Molino is the trailer completely unmarked
  • Right Winger has little to no pressure on him to cross the ball.  Either overhits the cross, missing his attackers....or manages to play the cross into the defender
  • Attackers and crowd peltin bare cuss.

1]; } ?>