March 28, 2024, 02:19:53 PM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162407 times)

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #630 on: February 16, 2017, 02:37:05 PM »
Nice goals by Molino but RSL real lapsing on defense.

Analyze that 2nd goal:

• Defence outnumbered due to counter attack.  Early ball from Molino to right winger in stride
  • 2 attackers move forward into penalty area drawing 2 defenders to them
  • Molino is the trailer completely unmarked
  • Right Winger has little to no pressure on him to cross the ball.  Has time to look up and put a pin point cross to the trailer.
  • Nice finish.  Goal.

Put T&T in that same situation:

• Defence outnumbered due to counter attack.  Early ball from Molino to right winger in stride
  • 2 attackers move forward into penalty area drawing 2 defenders to them
  • Molino is the trailer completely unmarked
  • Right Winger has little to no pressure on him to cross the ball.  Either overhits the cross, missing his attackers....or manages to play the cross into the defender
  • Attackers and crowd peltin bare cuss.

:rotfl: :beermug:
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: February 18, 2017, 07:40:48 AM »
Sam, close yuh eyes. . . ;D

Heath: Molino Could Be The Best Player In MLS

http://www.mlssoccer.com/post/2017/02/17/expectations-high-heaths-coveted-man-molino-minnesota-united
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: February 20, 2017, 04:23:08 PM »
F000ck Molino....

If was me he woulda beg to play for T&T, beg like a f00cking rabbit.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline toonmili

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: February 28, 2017, 05:40:35 PM »
You know, if we don't qualify for the World Cup I will blame Molino. Everything was going fine until he decided that he wanted to go boat rides. SMDH. Ruined the team.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino wants to party on the field — and dispel that rap off it
« Reply #634 on: February 28, 2017, 07:41:17 PM »
Minnesota United’s Kevin Molino wants to party on the field — and dispel that rap off it
By Andy Greder (Pioneer Press)

Kevin Molino built a reputation as a lethal attacker with Orlando City last year — but also for after-hours forays.

While scoring 11 goals and distributing eight assists during the 2016 Major League Soccer season, he was reprimanded twice for breaking curfew to attend parties while in training camps with the Trinidad and Tobago national team.

Molino takes responsibility for attending an August boat party during training camp. “The first time was my fault,” he acknowledged to the Pioneer Press.

But Molino denies a second alleged slip-up in October — heading out late to visit a nightclub during another camp in October. Instead of playing in Caribbean Cup qualifiers, T&T coach Stephen Hart sent Molino back to Orlando City.

Orlando City coach Jason Kreis stayed out of the issue after speaking to Molino and didn’t further discipline him. Hart was later fired in November.

“I don’t know what that next situation (was),” Molino said. “It’s life, and I move on.”

Molino, 26, has a fresh start with Minnesota United and figures to be a focal point when the expansion franchise makes its MLS debut Friday in Portland. His 11 goals ranked 16th in the league last year, and his eight assists checked in at 19th-best.

The Loons pulled off a trade in late January to acquire the coveted playmaker, along with backup goalie Patrick McLain. In exchange for that front-loaded pair, United gave Orlando $650,000 from two MLS funds — $200,000 in Target Allocation Money and $450,000 in General Allocation Money — a total believed to tie the MLS record amount given up in a trade.

“He needs to reward the club and be a difference in making the club successful,” said ESPN soccer commentator Kasey Keller, a former Seattle Sounders goalie.

New United coach Adrian Heath had sought Molino from the first day he was hired to lead the Loons in November. Heath discovered Molino in Trinidad in 2009 and then, as coach of Orlando, helped develop him from 2011 until midway through the 2016 season when Heath was fired.

Molino earned $121,000 in Orlando last season, which was 13th-most on the club. He sought a new contract based on his outsized production, but those talks stalled. Heath said that contract dispute shouldn’t raise a flag on Molino being petulant.

Heath goes further to dispel any negative connotations about Molino’s character or work ethic. He cites a five-year relationship with Molino for his strong opinion.

“I know him inside and out,” Heath said. “I certainly have no worries about Kevin on or off the field. He is a delight to work with. He is a professional and a great teammate. What other people might say doesn’t really concern me because they have probably not been in his company or met him. In terms of that, it doesn’t concern me in the slightest.”

Beginning in 2011, Heath groomed Molino when Orlando City was in the third-tier United Soccer League. Molino was the USL’s MVP in 2012 and 2014, when he set a league record with 20 goals. Together, Molino and Heath won USL titles.

Molino was eager to make the jump to MLS, but seven starts into the debut season, he tore the anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee.

“When I think about it, I feel like tears want to come out of my eyes,” Molino said. “It was the hardest thing that I’ve dealt with in my entire life because that was my dream, to bring the team up from USL to MLS.”

Heath shares how Molino attacked his 10-month recovery as a strong anecdote on how much he loves to play. Molino also said he welcomes another shot to play with his national team.

“I was worried about how he was going to take it,” Heath said. “After the initial shock for the first five or six weeks and trying to come to terms with it, his attitude after it was incredible. I don’t think anyone went to the training facility and didn’t see him working away. He’s worked very hard to get himself back.”

After Molino’s strong season last year with Orlando, United sought to acquire him throughout the offseason, and Molino has taken notice on how much the Loons coveted him.

“All I can do is repay them by, I wouldn’t say scoring, but the determination I show each and every day and when I put on the game shirt,” he said.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline andremartinsc

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: March 03, 2017, 08:43:28 AM »
There was a fan pool in MLS subreddit about the best XI on the league. Molino and Joevin are part of it.

Offline Feliziano

• Hero Warrior
  • www.TheWarriorNation.com
    • View Profile
    • The Warrior Nation
« Reply #636 on: March 03, 2017, 06:38:42 PM »
http://www.mnufc.com/post/2017/03/01/portland-timbers-vs-minnesota-united-fc-2017-mls-match-preview

PORTLAND TIMBERS vs. MINNESOTA UNITED FC
 Providence Park | Portland
 03.03.17 | MLS Week 1 | Game 1
 8:30 p.m. CT

You only get once chance to make a first impression, and this is Minnesota United’s chance. When they face off against the Portland Timbers at 8:30 pm CT at Providence Park in Portland, they’ll not only be opening their inaugural season, it will be the first match of the entire MLS season. At the very least, they should feel familiar with Providence Park after playing three matches there in the preseason, drawing all three.

Following those draws, Minnesota United dropped a pair of matches in Orlando, falling 3-0 to Toronto FC and 2-0 to San Antonio FC. Against San Antonio, Minnesota dominated possession for a majority of the opening half, but the Loons failed to hit the target on any of their long efforts. San Antonio scored late in the first half off a free kick following a yellow card. In the second half, MNUFC created opportunities off crosses that went begging, and once again it was San Antonio scoring late on the counterattack to finish it off.

Despite the draws and losses, defender Vadim Demidov is optimistic about the work the team’s already put in. “We've worked with a team spirit,” he said after practice on Tuesday. “Of course, we're a new team, so a lot of new faces, but I think we have something good going on. But we'll see on Friday. Friday's our exam. We're going to put in a hundred percent effort for Friday.”

The match on Friday will be the two clubs’ first competitive match against each other since 2010, when they faced off in the USSF D2 league prior to the Timbers joining MLS. Against Portland in the preseason, Minnesota was able to get off to an early 2-0 lead thanks to a brace from Johan Venegas, but the Timbers rallied in the final minutes to earn a draw. Portland will be seeking redemption after just missing out on the MLS Cup Playoffs last season, while Minnesota will be trying to meet Head Coach Adrian Heath’s expectations.

“I want to win every game I play,” said Heath with a smile. “That's not going to happen, but I'm going to go into every game that we play fully confident. My glass is always half-full. I always think we can achieve what people don't think we can achieve. The one thing we know we can count on before the ball's kicked is that every time they put a Minnesota shirt on, everything they've got is going to be left out on the field. I'm not accepting anything else. Never have done and never will do.”

Although the team as a whole is new to MLS, Minnesota has brought on several veterans of the league, including midfielder Collen Warner, who knows the team will likely have to play through some early jitters.

“I'm sure guys will be a bit nervous,” he said. “When there's a crowd like that, it's a special occasion. At the beginning of the game they'll probably throw the kitchen sink at us, so it'll be on us to calm down the crowd, to play past a bit of early pressure. You know, go in with that 'away' mentality where you've got to get through the first 15 minutes and then settle into the game.”
Feliz
Warrior Nation Secretary & Membership Officer
http://www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: March 03, 2017, 09:08:25 PM »
Molino on right now with Minnesota.

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #638 on: March 03, 2017, 10:19:29 PM »
Respect to Kevin for seeking to be fairly compensated, but good lord that team bad. I hope daz just first game jitters, yes.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: March 03, 2017, 10:44:27 PM »
Respect to Kevin for seeking to be fairly compensated, but good lord that team bad. I hope daz just first game jitters, yes.

As I am writing, Minnesota just gave a stupid foul in the area. Penal. Gol. 3-1. Yes, let's hope is first game. At east for Kevin's sake. Sometimes you have to be brave to make decisions. And you have to stick with them.

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: March 04, 2017, 08:18:37 AM »
Easily the weakest expansion team in the last few years. Jermaine Taylor at RB? 😂😂😂😂

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: March 04, 2017, 08:23:23 AM »
Yea that team weak. Molino is their best player. Even the bias commentator said it. He played really well imho. The team just wasn't up to par. Go for the paper...at the end of the day thats what it about...but I mean like no other team was interested!?? He young-ish yet. Good luck to MU tho...hopefully they get in a stride and start to play some decent ball, until then i hope being on a losing team doesn't affect his mental...he outshines his team definitely!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline Dinner Mints

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Cory Thomas: Illustration and Design
« Reply #642 on: March 04, 2017, 11:51:10 AM »
Commentator say they still have money to spend. So reinforcements coming at some point.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: March 06, 2017, 11:19:28 AM »
Yea that team weak. Molino is their best player. Even the bias commentator said it. He played really well imho. The team just wasn't up to par. Go for the paper...at the end of the day thats what it about...but I mean like no other team was interested!?? He young-ish yet. Good luck to MU tho...hopefully they get in a stride and start to play some decent ball, until then i hope being on a losing team doesn't affect his mental...he outshines his team definitely!

This is why I said leaving Orlando wasn't necessarily a no brainer! Once again, hope it works out for him and things improve before he gets frustrated with the losses!

Commentator say they still have money to spend. So reinforcements coming at some point.

Hopefully sooner rather than later!
Are you a match? It's too late for Emru, but maybe you can help save someone's life: http://www.healemru.com

Offline Dutty Love

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: March 06, 2017, 02:18:48 PM »
Venegas and Calvo are good players. So are Ramirez and Ibarra. The problem is the rest.

Philadelphia Union is weaker I think

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: March 13, 2017, 06:18:06 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino earns and scores a penalty in Minnesota United’s 6-1 loss to Atlanta United. It’s the first home goal in Minnesota United’s history

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: March 13, 2017, 06:31:18 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino earns and scores a penalty in Minnesota United’s 6-1 loss to Atlanta United. It’s the first home goal in Minnesota United’s history

Watched this game yesterday, MNUFC is really poor defensively, Molino is a standout but if they don't improve defensively it won't be much of a season for this expansion club. As for ATL I really can't see Jones getting regular game time in that team, the coach's tactics is speed and youth, it's a gamble when you sign for a club before the coach is signed and it may not bear out positively for him, time will tell. Whatever he gets he needs to capitalize immensely.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #647 on: March 21, 2017, 02:55:55 PM »
Molino sees turning point for T&T.
TTFA Media.

US-based Duo look ahead to Friday’s WCQ with Panama

Trinidad and Tobago United States-based duo of Kevin Molino and Kenwyne Jones are holding strong hopes of this country being able to revamp it’s World Cup qualifying drive with a victory against Panama at the Hasely Crawford Stadium on Friday from 7pm.

But for either of them, both into the MLS season with Atlanta United and Minnesota United, Friday’s encounter will be a strong test of character for the T&T outfit.

Molino is back in the team after last playing for the country in a 4-0 win over Dominican Republic last October in which he struck a hattrick, at the Ato Boldon Stadium.

“I’m very excited but humble about it. We have two games to take care of. First and foremost we have to take care of Friday’s game. All the guys have come in fit and ready to go and we are looking forward to the game. We will do our best to make the country proud and this is a turning point for us I believe,” Molino told TTFA Media on Tuesday.

With the inclusion of several new faces such as Jamille Boatswain, Alvin Jones, Hashim Arcia, Tristan Hodge and others in the World Cup squad, Molino said it was something he welcomed and was anticipating the team-building process.

“It’s always good to have new faces. They bring something new and I am very excited for them and happy for their call up to the World Cup squad. This is the opportunity for them to stay in the set up because the team is very competitive . I am happy to have them here and really excited to work with them and the new coaching staff,” Molino stated.

Molino is working under Dennis Lawrence and his coaching staff for the first time and is relishing the ongoing period of wearing the national olours with Lawrence at the helm

“It’s been bery professional since I came into camp. They are good leaders. They have been to a World Cup and they know what it takes to get there and I’m very excited and looking forward to the two games coming up.”

Jones, now with Atlanta United in the MLS, said he was confident Lawrence could have the players responding positively to what he wants of them over the next few days and also in Friday’s encounter.

“It’s very important and I think we are going to be working on that in all the training sessions leading up the to the game. Obviously for him (Lawrence) it’s going to be a work in progress and for us also. It’s all about the team buying into his ideas and philosophies and being able to go out and put that on display when the games comes around. I expect nothing different from him in terms of the things he is doing. I have known him for a long time and hopefully he shall have a successful stint and be able to push the team onwards to the goal ahead,”Jones said.

On the inclusion of Sol Campbell to the coaching setup, Jones commented “Sol has a wealth of knowledge and experience in the game in England and is a top class defender. Hopefully he will be a positive addition to the group. Without a doubt, when you have experience like that you have to take things on board because they’ve been through it all. He’s played in numerous World Cups and for the England national team for a long time as well as for top clubs in England. He’s going to bring invaluable experience to the team and hopefully the young defenders will be able to learn a lot off him,” Jones added.

The Panama team has opted to arrive in Port of Spain on Thursday and will have one session in the night at the match venue. Tickets for Friday’s game remain on sale at Lotto Locations across the nation priced at $350 (covered) and $200 (uncovered).

Videos -

Molino and Jones look ahead to Panama

Monday's Session with the Men's Team ahead of Panama clash

« Last Edit: March 21, 2017, 02:57:41 PM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #648 on: March 22, 2017, 02:09:53 AM »
Let's see what he will do come Friday .... like I said, Cummings was the difference in both Mexico matches, it took it out of their hands..

Can Molino do this, is he really an impact player in international football?

I was one of the biggest critics of j jones when he started out and I'm happy I was wrong but I would take him and Cummings over Molino and hyland any day in the mid and pair Cummings with Boucard instead..

If Cummings didn't get shot, we wouldn't even be talking about this right now

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: March 29, 2017, 04:10:12 PM »
KM was a bit of a passenger last night.

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: March 29, 2017, 04:24:51 PM »

Yuh like ting, eh?  ;D

Yuh fine he too quiet lately awah?
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: March 29, 2017, 04:51:41 PM »

He was mostly neat and tidy in possession until he tired. But he lacked the cutting edge and danger that Joevin offered. Whenever Joevin got the ball you could sense the crowd get excited.

For us to do well. Both of them need to be clicking offensively.

Eta. A lot of times he was coming very deep for the ball. Not the areas he would ideally be playing in.
« Last Edit: March 29, 2017, 04:53:40 PM by FF »
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #652 on: April 07, 2017, 01:51:36 AM »
Molino coming.
By Shaun Fuentes (Guardian).

T&T international midfielder Kevin Molino is beginning to enjoy Minnesota more every day. The T&T player is a first team started for Minnesota United.

Scoring one and setting up a further two goals in Minnesota’s 4-2 win over Real Salt Lake last weekend has raised his spirits with the club after a less than impressive start to the season a few weeks ago.

“It was a difficult start for us with a couple of heavy losses but things are settling now.

“It’s been great for me to be in the starting team and I’ve been enjoying my playing time. Setting up goals and getting a couple myself is always good for confidence,” Molino said.

“And being back with Adrian (Heath) after the long time we spent together at Orlando City is a good thing because we understand each other.

“The club has good ingredients and it’s just about us putting in the hard work and trying to get better every week,” he added.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: April 07, 2017, 05:10:06 AM »
Whenever Joevin got the ball you could sense the crowd get excited.

FF, you correct about that. He reminds me of Archie. When he used to come back from the NASL and play for TT or South, there used to be real buzz in the Oval.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: April 26, 2017, 06:32:47 AM »
Molino’s production far outweighed his salary. At $121,400 guaranteed, Molino was the 13th-highest paid player on the team, behind players like rookie Richie Laryea, right back Kevin Alston and center backs Seb Hines and Jose Aja.

Well now he making more than three times as much, with a base salary of $350,004.00 and total guaranteed compensation of $402,504.00

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: April 26, 2017, 07:01:38 AM »
Molino’s production far outweighed his salary. At $121,400 guaranteed, Molino was the 13th-highest paid player on the team, behind players like rookie Richie Laryea, right back Kevin Alston and center backs Seb Hines and Jose Aja.

Well now he making more than three times as much, with a base salary of $350,004.00 and total guaranteed compensation of $402,504.00

When you see the jump  you can almost justify the move to Minnesota, Orlando would have never given him that. 

But they robbing Joevin, lawd $90,000.00 base and $96,166.67 total. Once he keeps his form good he won't be playing in Seattle next year at that compensation.

Offline Mose

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: April 26, 2017, 08:04:59 AM »

When you see the jump  you can almost justify the move to Minnesota, Orlando would have never given him that. 

But they robbing Joevin, lawd $90,000.00 base and $96,166.67 total. Once he keeps his form good he won't be playing in Seattle next year at that compensation.

Not if he has a good agent.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: April 26, 2017, 04:25:11 PM »
K Molino put his carrier on suicide watch by going to this team the coach likes him but he might get fired and the next coach may want to squeeze him out the side with a big name player .

Offline kounty

• Hero Warrior
  • Truthfulness is brighter than the light of the sun
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: April 26, 2017, 04:34:50 PM »
K Molino put his carrier on suicide watch by going to this team the coach likes him but he might get fired and the next coach may want to squeeze him out the side with a big name player .
well for 3 times the salary he at least have 2 years to sit on his bottom and look for a new club.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: April 27, 2017, 07:19:01 AM »
Molino's stock is fairly good within MLS ranks, meaning he will find a spot on almost any MLS roster given the talent level double digit goals and assists per season, even more so if he gets a green card which i hope he is pursuing so he no longer will claim an international roster spot. It's pretty much up to him if he wants to stay within that overall comfort zone or push for Europe.

1]; } ?>