March 28, 2024, 08:19:01 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162360 times)

Offline lefty

• Hero Warrior
  • would u like to buy an 'O'.........
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #690 on: March 10, 2018, 08:13:48 PM »
off after 50' injured or bad game edit injured ACL possibly :( :( :(
Other knee this time. Pressure.
yeah boy....damn :(
I pity the fool....

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: March 11, 2018, 12:35:11 AM »
I fell asleep while watching the game. And got up just in time to see the man injured himself. No player touched him. He was going towards a player and the guy shift his body. So Kevin was coming fast and probably tried to stop and go with him. When he planted his foot and tried to turn at the same time, it appears that when it happened. He just collapsed on the ground. I wasn't sure it was serious until the stretcher came out. Man oh man, that is tough. So when players try to max their earnings, and people call them greedy. Just remember a little known player named Kevin Molino.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:36:47 AM by Deeks »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: March 12, 2018, 01:19:46 PM »
Minnesota United star Kevin Molino likely lost for the season after tearing the ACL in his left knee
By Megan Ryan (Star Tribune)

Two games into the MLS season, Minnesota United’s already tenuous outlook has taken a significant blow.

Star midfielder Kevin Molino tore the ACL in his left knee and will most likely be out for the remainder of the season. He is expected to undergo surgery in the coming weeks.

The midfielder first appeared to injure his knee in the 36th minute of United’s 2-1 victory at Orlando City this past Saturday. He kicked a high ball with his left foot and then landed hard on that same leg. He immediately grabbed for his left knee, but after some treatment on the sideline, came back into the game.

But in the 49th minute in the second half, he collapsed with an off-the-ball, noncontact injury. He planted his left foot looking to change directions and again quickly reached for that left knee. He left the game on a stretcher shortly after and returned to the sideline about 10 minutes later on crutches.

Coach Adrian Heath said after the game the injury didn’t “look good” and those fears have now been confirmed. But the somewhat good news for the coach and his playmaker is that at least they know what to expect this time.

The 27-year-old endured the first major injury of his career in May 2015, back when he and Heath were embarking upon their first MLS season with Orlando City. Molino tore the ACL in his right knee and took about nine months to recover. His comeback in 2016 was the best year of his career, scoring 11 goals with eight assists.

When Molino followed Heath to the Loons for the inaugural season in 2017, he fell short of the double-digit goals and assists benchmark that Heath had set him to, finishing with seven goals and nine assists in an overall disappointing season for the club. But this year seemed off to a great start, as Molino scored twice in the season-opening loss at San Jose on March 3 before assisting on United’s first goal against his old club before his injury.

This loss also leaves a big hole in Heath’s preferred 4-2-3-1 system. Molino played the No. 10 role as the attacking midfielder who controls the team’s offense. There’s no real backup on the roster for that position, so this might be a time where Heath experiments with some other lineups, like a 4-3-3 or a 4-4-2, which he has implemented at times in the past.

In the four games without Molino last season, United went 1-2-1, and opponents outscored the Loons by a combined 9-4. United once played a 4-4-2 with strikers Christian Ramirez and Abu Danladi pairing up top. The other games were all 4-2-3-1 formations with either midfielder Ibson or loaned-out Johan Venegas playing in Molino’s spot. Ibson stepped in for Molino after he left the game Saturday. Venegas operated more as a false nine, a deep-lying forward.

Winger Ethan Finlay said after Saturday’s game that how the team responded to Molino’s injury to still manage three points showed the squad’s resiliency.

“You lose one of your best players, an offensive player going forward, in a 1-1 game on the road [at the time of the injury],” Finlay said. “It’s tough to lose a guy like that who you know is going to have his best performances, probably, against his old club. Our thoughts are obviously with Kev.”
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline g

• mr greggle71
  • Hero Warrior
  • semi match fit
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: March 12, 2018, 03:59:58 PM »
Terrible news, prayerful for a healthy recovery. Justifies him going to Minnesota for a pay hike as in professional sports the unthinkable can happen just like that. Look out for your best interests at every turn.
Soca Warriors, the pride of a nation

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: March 12, 2018, 05:10:05 PM »
Terrible news, prayerful for a healthy recovery. Justifies him going to Minnesota for a pay hike as in professional sports the unthinkable can happen just like that. Look out for your best interests at every turn.

Same sentiments here.

Offline Storeboy

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: March 14, 2018, 02:46:34 PM »
Really sad! Looking forward to seeing you back! Keep your chin up and work hard at rehab like you did n Orlando 3 years ago.
Never, never, ever give up! Go T&T Warriors!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Molino raring to get back on the field after ACL setback
« Reply #696 on: August 01, 2018, 11:55:09 AM »
Molino raring to get back on the field after ACL setback
Positive Matters Media

Haven't been hearing much about young and Talented footballer Kevin Molino over the last few months? well POSITIVE (is what) MATTERS tracked  down the Soca  Warriors talisman  in USA where he has been holed up recuperating from injury sustained earlier this year. The 28 year old Carenage native who also plays for Minnesota United FC in the American MLS boasted of an "unbelievable"  tough mental capacity which has already seen him through most of this phase of his journey. Molino is determined in the very near future to get back on the field of play and once again please his many fans both home and abroad and hear them roar his name when he rockets the ball into the back of the net.

"Yeah, I have things I want to accomplish so I have to get back on that field," stressed Molino on Tuesday in a candid interview with Positive (is what) Matters.

"That is my main source of income so I must get back on the field."  The father of one said he hopes to be playing football by February 2019 but however made it clear that he will not be rushing the recovery process as he wants to be sure he is fully healed before getting back into action.  Back in March, Molino suffered a torn ACL while playing against his former employers, Orlando City FC.

It is almost four months since he last played ball.

When asked how was his recovery going, an upbeat Molino responded: “I good, I good, just trying to do the best I can do to get better. Actually, I am close to four months, a week and something away from four months which is good period of time for recovery. I have been doing good, I haven't been getting soreness, no pain and stuff so is really, really a good sign and I thank God for that."

Molino believes if he was not strong mentally he might not have been able to face his circumstance.  "I am doing good mentally. I am in the right place even as much as I want to be out there. My mental side of it (recovery) is good and  I think it is the most important thing," he went on to tell Positive (is what) Matters. "I have been blessed with an unbelievable mentality and that is the good thing as someone like me could deal with three, four, five ACLs while others can’t deal with a meniscus (A common injury in which forceful twisting causes certain tissue in the knee to tear)."  It is this remarkable part of his being which has kept him buoyed during his injury. He said it was this strength of character that also helped him when a few years ago he left the safety and security of his grandma Dolores' home in Trinidad where she did everything for him and moved to America where he had to now do for himself just to follow his dream. He admitted back then it was total culture shock but he persevered with no regrets. It is what Molino wanted. He added: "I have to do what I have to do."

Football has been good to Molino and that's why he will not let the injury stress him or get the better of him. "All it has done to me is make me mentally stronger. In football, 95% is mental so I am good," he added.

He admitted that having to come to terms with the injury was for him the toughest part. Molino further told Positive [is what] Matters that he refused to dwell on his fate by questioning among other things why did it have to happen to him. He said: "It was not like that. I had to deal with it like a man because at the end of the day I am a man and I have to provide for my family." According to Molino, had he kept on "studying" his misfortune it would have "stressed me out mentally" and that is something that he doesn't ever want happen to him as taking care of his family is top priority.

"Man, I have a son I have to look after. He turns five in August. I have to see about my family, my grandmother" he said, his voice cracking with emotion. "If on the field is not a success, off the field must be. He said he continues to work on his individual growth which for him is of utmost importance.

Molino quipped: "You could be the best footballer in the world but if you don't work on your individual growth and grow as a person, you know that's a no-no."

So far Molino's daily routine includes therapy, fitness which includes jogging and gym. He said: "So is basically three sessions within two hours, sometimes two sessions. I am getting better by the grace of God. I will be back on the field by December, January but playing wise by February, that's what I am aiming at. I am taking my time." Next year February will make it 11 months away from football.

Positive {is what} Matters aims to share those ‘feel good’ stories that put smiles on faces and restores a sense of pride and feeling of joy among our citizens. The group is made up of several individuals with sound and varying professional backgrounds sharing the same vision.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 01, 2018, 02:25:26 PM »
Raring Tallest?  ???  :o  ;D
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 01, 2018, 04:08:12 PM »
Raring Tallest?  ???  :o  ;D

Of course

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 01, 2018, 04:22:44 PM »
Stay strong Kevin, all the best on your journey through recovery.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Kevin Molino on the road back from injury
« Reply #700 on: September 27, 2018, 02:07:04 PM »
Kevin Molino on the road back from injury
By Steve McPherson (mnufc.com)

When we talk about sports’ greatest moments, we talk about them like they’re frozen in amber. A championship, a stoppage time goal, The Hand of God, The Flu Game, The Shot Heard ‘Round the World: we talk about these moments as indelible, timeless. But for all the heroics that athletes give us, the permanence of these moments is built on bodies just as frail as ours.

Despite advances in medical science, we’re still not very sure exactly how the potential for injury relates to training and preparation. Athletes in top physical condition are sidelined weekly and meanwhile: Keith Richards. At any moment, an athlete could be betrayed by their own body, as two of Minnesota United’s key players, Kevin Molino and Ethan Finlay, found out early this season.

It was just the second game of the year and Molino was facing his old team Orlando City SC in Orlando. MNUFC had suffered a tough 3-2 loss to the San Jose Earthquakes in their season opener despite a brace from Molino and he looked aggressive again early. He assisted Finlay’s goal in the 12th minute, but then went down after a knock to the knee in the 36th minute. He returned to action but came out for good in the 49th. He left the field hoping against hope that it wasn’t the same kind of injury that had stopped his season before it even began in 2015.

“I always wanted to play against Orlando, to feel the emotions and play against them,” he said. “They are a club that is really close to my heart. I did not want to come off the field. I did not know until the next morning when I woke up and felt the same set of pain that reminded me of the first time I tore my ACL. It was tough — I cried a little bit in the airport.”

As the adrenaline from the game seeped out, the realization that he would again be watching from the sidelines, this time after two strong performances for a team looking to grow in its second season, seeped in. It was a little over a month later with the Loons still adjusting to Molino’s absence and only two games into Darwin Quintero’s MLS career that the team lost Finlay to an ACL tear.

After colliding with the Seattle Sounders’ Alex Roldan, his knee felt “different.” Trainer Stacey Hardin came out to administer the Lachman test and diagnose the extent of the injury, but Finlay wanted no part of leaving his team in the lurch.

“I found out a lot about adrenaline and about guarding,” he said, referencing the medical phenomenon of surrounding muscles spasming to minimize agitation caused by injury. “We were down in that game and we were kind of getting pummeled. The last thing you want to do is come out in a game. The knee felt stable in the moment and I played another seven minutes.”

At halftime, the knee stiffened up and a scan confirmed it: Finlay would be joining Molino on the IR for the rest of the season. The physical toll of such an injury is obvious — within a week, they could be seen at training in Blaine, bulky supports wrapped around their legs, doing their best on crutches. And the loss to the club was massive as well. Here were two of the team’s best players entering the season gone before it had even really begun. But the biggest hurdle for the players themselves was mental. For players like Molino and Finlay, both 28, the game has been at the heart of who they are for well over a decade.

“This has been our lives, and  soccer is all you know,” said Finlay. “The recovery is daunting. After you come to the realization that you have torn your ACL, you are most likely out for the season and you have six to eight months ahead of you, you don’t quite realize how long that time is away from the game until you start to get involved in it. You realize: I’m day one and I’ve got 280 ahead of me.”

“That is the hardest moment, to come to terms with an injury,” said Molino. “For me, football is sort of therapy. You are in your happy place, in your happy zone, you’re seeing your friends and challenging every day. To have that taken away from you is a depression and sometimes it can hurt you. When you don’t have that, it is like taking food away from you for a week.”

It might be a cliché, but the game we all watch on Saturday is just the tip of the iceberg when it comes to the life of a professional soccer player. We see what happens in those 90 minutes but we don’t see the way training together day in and day out can stitch a team together.

“The best teams are always those teams that off the field, on the field are really together,” said Finlay. “They really enjoy that kind of stuff. I miss that. That is the happiness of our job. People say, ‘Oh, you do a job for the paycheck,’ but we love this game and it gives us so much joy.”

“And especially, footballers have a routine,” Molino added. “We wake up in the morning, prepare, say a prayer, brush your teeth, whatever. Drive to training and then you look forward to the session. You look forward to meeting the guys and then you eat breakfast. It’s a routine. And then that’s taken away from you for four, five months.”

Into that vacuum left by the injury comes rehab, and both Finlay and Molino stressed repeatedly that the process of coming back from an injury was one of the hardest things they’ve had to deal with as a player. Instead of being out on the pitch running drills to help them get sharp for a game, they’re running through a hip series exercise to strengthen everything up and down their legs in an effort to stave off future injuries. “We’ve played years professionally,” said Finlay, “and some of the exercises we’re doing I guarantee we have never done.”

The human body is an often confusingly interlinked series of mechanisms and motors all pushing and pulling to keep us upright and — in Molino and Finlay’s case — perform incredible athletic feats of skill, timing and strength. Their experiences over the last several months have given both players a new appreciation for that, and also for the intricacies of the game seen from a different angle.

“The way I am starting to see the game, I think my soccer IQ has actually been heightened,” said Finlay. “About some of the exercises, I have never been more in tune with my body, both physically and mentally. I understand how I work, mechanically, because of going through this injury.”

Molino doubled down on the way a physical injury could actually help a player in other areas of the game, saying, “You are going to see and going to have different ideas of the game. That makes you better mentally and better in situations. When you are in that position you are going to be a step ahead. Mentally it should be a done deal.”

That optimism about not just coming back, but coming back better is a virtual job requirement for a pro athlete. When it pays off, it’s gritty. When it doesn’t, it’s quixotic. Sometimes it can come off as cocky, but listening to Molino and Finlay talk about not only their chances to work together but also the importance of working alone or very closely with a trainer one-on-one, you begin to sense that what’s at the heart of an athletic career is not those moments of singular achievement but these moments when they have to muster a mix of determination, realism, hope and confidence to keep going. As Winston Churchill is credited with saying, “Success is going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm.” In its own way, their fight to come back matters as much to the fabric of the team as anything that happens on the field. Next year is coming and they are — of course — eager to fight to be a part of it.

“There will be changes even in the winter and we understand that,” said Finlay. “The best that we can do is get back to our level and go from there. There will be a challenge for jobs next year. We are not guaranteed to come back off of injury — we know there is still a test in front of us.”

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: February 22, 2019, 02:04:01 PM »
KM7

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: February 22, 2019, 02:42:13 PM »
Nice :beermug:

Is he expected to be back for the start of the season?

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: April 25, 2019, 03:44:56 PM »
On how it felt in his first start since the injury:
“It’s good to be out there, to be at home and play. The lift from the fans was good. We got a tie and we expected more from the game, but so be it. I’m looking forward to the next game.”

On how close you are to being 100%:
“Over time, this is why we have a [training] staff. They monitor me through the week and see how much I can play on Sunday. I feel good now."

https://www.mnufc.com/post/2019/04/25/quote-sheet-mnufc-vs-la-galaxy

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: May 21, 2019, 07:39:30 PM »
Minnesota United's Kevin Molino looking like his old self after return from injury
By Andy Greder (St. Paul Pioneer Press)

Kevin Molino was one of the last Minnesota United players to leave the training field in Blaine on Monday, May 20. The Loons midfielder did an extra two-touch juggling drill with goalkeeper Vito Mannone before calling it a day.

“This is my happy place,” Molino said.

Molino has been savoring his spot more lately because he knows how quickly it can be taken away and for how long.

In May 2015, playing for Orlando City, the Trinidad native tore his anterior cruciate ligament in his right knee. Nine months later, he was back on the field for the 2016 opener.

That absence was brief in comparison to his latest knee injury, with Minnesota.

Last March, after contributing an assist against Orlando, Molino tore the ACL and both menisci in his left knee.

Molino admitted Monday he thought it was going to be a similar eight- or nine-month rehab process. But it took 13 months, with the added layoff for the menisci. When he returned in late April, he wasn’t at the top of his game.

“It was tough, but what doesn’t kill you makes you stronger mentally,” Molino said. “I put in the work to get to where I am now.”

Columbus at Allianz Field on Saturday. It was the closest he has looked to the player for whom Minnesota forked over a then-MLS record $650,000 in January 2017, and the attacking midfielder who produced seven goals and nine assists in the club’s expansion season that year.

“He looks to have a bit more explosiveness back in him,” United coach Adrian Heath said Monday.

Molino sat out the first six games of the 2019 season, coming on a sub in a 4-3 loss to Toronto on April 19. He made his first start in the scoreless tie with Los Angeles Galaxy on April 24. But he looked rusty in that 60-minute shift and was subbed out. He sat out the next three games.

On Saturday, Molino was back in the starting XI, completing 30 of 34 passes, with one key pass and his first two shots of the season.

“We think Kevin is getting closer now to being the Molino we know — because we are going to need him,” Heath said. “This team needs a good Kevin Molino in it because he does offers us something a lot of the other players can’t do.”

Minnesota United sees Molino as a creative player who can beat opponents one-on-one and combine with teammates in the final third. When he was injured last season, United brought in Darwin Quintero on a transfer from Mexico’s Club America. Now, Molino and Quintero have been paired together.

“That’s the next thing,” Heath said. “… I felt that for us at home we needed that little bit of extra creativity. I thought there were some really good moments at the weekend, some really pleasing aspects.”

On Monday, Molino was named to Trinidad and Tobago’s preliminary 40-man roster for the Concacaf Gold Cup this summer. Molino said he’s focusing on the Loons' performances before going to national team camp.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #705 on: June 02, 2019, 07:33:14 PM »
WATCH: Minnesota United's Kevin Molino scores his first goal since returning from an ACL injury that had him out of the game for a little over a year.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/oX8Cg90GOtc?start=194" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/oX8Cg90GOtc?start=194</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #706 on: June 03, 2019, 07:45:01 AM »
That's what we want.  Good finish.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
In the Moment: Kevin Molino
« Reply #707 on: June 07, 2019, 05:58:03 AM »
In the Moment: Kevin Molino
By Steve McPherson (mnufc.com)

Since going down with a season-ending injury on March 10 last year, midfielder Kevin Molino has been steadily working his way back to the pitch. Against the Philadelphia Union last Sunday, Molino showed he’s ready to be dangerous again, coming in off the bench in the 69th minute and combining with fellow sub Abu Danladi to score an equalizing goal in the 77th minute.

Kevin Molino: We had 20-some chances at goal and you know, first coming on, my mindset was to change the game. We needed energy and I think me and Abu [Danladi] do that. But at this point in time, I think that every time we get the ball, Romain crossed and we didn’t have numbers in good spots in the box. When I see Abu get the ball, I was like, in this situation, as a defender, I’m going to block the first post. So, I always pick up these spots [between the lines] where [Abu] could cut back the ball because all of the defenders rush to help the keeper in that instance, you know.

These are the areas that I pick up, here, or even on the D [at the top of the box] as the areas that I think are key to cross the ball. A natural defender is going to block the first post cross and the cut back is the cross that will work in that instance, especially when the ball is on the byline.

This was good IQ from [Abu], looking at the line and he was in [a] good position to see the whole line. He’s fast, so he can get there. This was more important than the goal.

It’s impossible for the defensive midfielder. Even if he [would have] come to me, there would be somebody else free. Jan or Miggy is going to be free if he comes to me. So it’s a good spot in that instance because they think Romain is going to cross because that is [his game]. We switched it up and gave it to Abu and I ended up picking up a good spot where the defender didn’t really know what to do in that instance.

I was just trying to put it on target. Anything can happen once it’s on target, even if he saves it, it can go to Angelo and Angelo [can] score but the main thing is putting it on target. The first touch is key, with the goal or with anything in football, your first touch is important. My first touch [here], set me up to score the goal because if I didn’t take the touch for the ball to raise [up], he would have blocked the ball.

So the touch raised [the ball], so it went a little bit over the outside of his foot because of the touch. If I would have taken a different touch on the ground, I was so close to him, he would’ve blocked it. It goes right over his leg. If you look at it, he is defending the post, his leg is in line with the post, it’s impossible [to score without touching the ball off the ground]. So, the touch made the goal.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #708 on: June 28, 2019, 04:40:24 PM »
Molino: We have to evolve from this Gold Cup experience.
TTFA Media.

As the dust begins to settle following the end of this country’s 2019 Gold Cup campaign, senior squad member Kevin Molino is calling on their teammates to look within themselves and reflect on what transpired for Dennis Lawrence’s men over the past few weeks.

A positive 0-0 draw with Japan in Aichi was the curtain raiser that Lawrence and his staff were hoping would have propelled the team to achieving the results that would have pushed the team beyond the group stage. But that was not to be. A 1-1 draw with Guyana left T&T bottom of the four-team group with a solitary point.

According to Molino, the squad must evolve from this chapter.

“We leave here disappointed. There is some positive to take from this but still a lot of work to do,” Molino told TTFA Media.

“The players all go back to their clubs and we have to stay focus and reflect on ourselves. They need to keep working until the next time we come together again.”

Molino had a second surgery to repair a torn ACL last year which sidelined him for over a year. He then set goals for himself on the international stage and the performing well at the Gold Cup was high on the list of objectives for 2019.

“Being injured for 13 months I was really looking forward to this Gold Cup and coming here and doing well as a team. I’m sorry it has to end in this way with disappointment but don’t matter what happened here, you have another day to make things better and I think we will look at ourselves, take a look in the mirror and see where we have to improve, what we have to work on and I think we are going to get better eventually,” he added.

“It’s going to hurt us for a while. It’s two years we wait for the Gold Cup and now we didn’t qualify for the next round. It’s really tough but we need to stay focused and mentally strong regardless of the circumstances,” he added.

The 29-year-old now has 19 goals in 47 appearances for T&T and he intends to keep going. Next up for T&T is the Concacaf Nations league with home and away matches against Martinique and Honduras in September and November and then the 2022 Qatar World Cup qualifiers commencing next year.

“I still have a lot of football left in me. And in sport and football things happen fast. In life you don’t always get second chances. So we as players have more opportunities but have to put ourselves under significant pressure to perform at the highest level.

“E are going to work hard together as a team. Collectively we let ourselves down and we made mistakes but mistakes makes you evolve and I think we have to evolve as a team and keep working…. we are going to get better. We have to keep believing and to the fans, we are going to keep fighting and trying our best for you. To my teammates I think we have to give more, each and everyone, the right mentality and the sacrifices for the game. We have what it takes but we just have to fix our mentality,” Molino added.

The overseas-based players departed Kansas on Thursday with some of the local contingent returning to Port of Spain on Thursday night and Friday.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: June 30, 2019, 09:36:47 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino completes Minnesota United's 7-1 rout of FC Cincinnati with a goal from close range.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/IXkJ4I_jjCk?start=206" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/IXkJ4I_jjCk?start=206</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: June 30, 2019, 11:28:01 AM »
I watched some of that game. Hoyte had a tough time in that game. The first goal was kind of his fault. He was marking first post. A Minn. forward draw him off the post. A hard cross came and he had to stretch, missing the ball and that was it. Did not see Molino. He came on late. But it good to see him recover from the ACL. He is not totally fit. I still think his problem is composure in the area. But he is a very good player. Just before half time the Minn. rightback let fly a screamer maybe 35 or 40 yrds and string up Cinci gk. One of the contenders for goal of the year maybe.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: July 01, 2019, 05:37:07 PM »
Molino: We have to evolve from this Gold Cup experience.
TTFA Media.

As the dust begins to settle following the end of this country’s 2019 Gold Cup campaign, senior squad member Kevin Molino is calling on their teammates to look within themselves and reflect on what transpired for Dennis Lawrence’s men over the past few weeks.

A positive 0-0 draw with Japan in Aichi was the curtain raiser that Lawrence and his staff were hoping would have propelled the team to achieving the results that would have pushed the team beyond the group stage. But that was not to be. A 1-1 draw with Guyana left T&T bottom of the four-team group with a solitary point.

According to Molino, the squad must evolve from this chapter.

“We leave here disappointed. There is some positive to take from this but still a lot of work to do,” Molino told TTFA Media.

“The players all go back to their clubs and we have to stay focus and reflect on ourselves. They need to keep working until the next time we come together again.”

Molino had a second surgery to repair a torn ACL last year which sidelined him for over a year. He then set goals for himself on the international stage and the performing well at the Gold Cup was high on the list of objectives for 2019.

“Being injured for 13 months I was really looking forward to this Gold Cup and coming here and doing well as a team. I’m sorry it has to end in this way with disappointment but don’t matter what happened here, you have another day to make things better and I think we will look at ourselves, take a look in the mirror and see where we have to improve, what we have to work on and I think we are going to get better eventually,” he added.

“It’s going to hurt us for a while. It’s two years we wait for the Gold Cup and now we didn’t qualify for the next round. It’s really tough but we need to stay focused and mentally strong regardless of the circumstances,” he added.

The 29-year-old now has 19 goals in 47 appearances for T&T and he intends to keep going. Next up for T&T is the Concacaf Nations league with home and away matches against Martinique and Honduras in September and November and then the 2022 Qatar World Cup qualifiers commencing next year.

“I still have a lot of football left in me. And in sport and football things happen fast. In life you don’t always get second chances. So we as players have more opportunities but have to put ourselves under significant pressure to perform at the highest level.

“E are going to work hard together as a team. Collectively we let ourselves down and we made mistakes but mistakes makes you evolve and I think we have to evolve as a team and keep working…. we are going to get better. We have to keep believing and to the fans, we are going to keep fighting and trying our best for you. To my teammates I think we have to give more, each and everyone, the right mentality and the sacrifices for the game. We have what it takes but we just have to fix our mentality,” Molino added.

The overseas-based players departed Kansas on Thursday with some of the local contingent returning to Port of Spain on Thursday night and Friday.

Molino starting to sound like Dwight Yorke now.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: July 03, 2019, 10:24:45 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino's goal seals a 3-1 win for Minnesota United over San Jose Earthquakes. Molino took only nine minutes to make maximum impact after coming on as a sub in the 83rd minute and scoring in the 92nd minute.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/En9cZprLJqE?start=200" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/En9cZprLJqE?start=200</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: July 04, 2019, 09:21:40 AM »
I maintain that he’s our best goal threat since stern john, and himself, jovin , hackshaw and levi garcia should be the only players left to continue with the senior team, the rest simply does not have the quality to play international football and are outclassed in that regard.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2019, 09:23:43 AM by pull stones »

Offline 100% Barataria

• aka Nachilus
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: July 04, 2019, 07:27:47 PM »
+ Bateau
Education is our passport for the future for the future belongs to those who prepare for it today

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #715 on: July 05, 2019, 08:44:39 AM »
That was a sweet finish. Well done.

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: July 05, 2019, 03:27:13 PM »
I maintain that he’s our best goal threat since stern john, and himself, jovin , hackshaw and levi garcia should be the only players left to continue with the senior team, the rest simply does not have the quality to play international football and are outclassed in that regard.

I agree. But we can't overlook these guys for now.. our team isnt that deep to start excluding these guys:

- Hyland
- Cato
- A. Jones
- Williams (Meikel)

The thing is that when the above guys have good games, they really have good games. . When they have bad games, they really have bad games.
Hyland, Williams and Cato played well in the 2015 Gold cup. This time it was almost the opposite.

Back to Molino, he has 3 goals in the last 5 appearances coming on as a substitute for Minnesota. Definitely has the potential to play as a striker or forward for the national team. DL tried to convert Molino into that role. But the service needs to be good for that to happen. Despite playing as an attacking midfielder for Minnesota, he's getting good service that is still allowing him to get into space and get a goal, as if he was a forward.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2019, 03:28:52 PM by gawd on pitch »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: July 05, 2019, 07:26:05 PM »
I think he should play attacking midfield for the national team. We have no midfield player who can bring the ball up the middle of the field comfortably. At least none is this past tournament.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2019, 11:21:36 AM by Deeks »

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: July 06, 2019, 05:06:53 AM »

I agree. But we can't overlook these guys for now.. our team isnt that deep to start excluding these guys:

- Hyland
- Cato
- A. Jones
- Williams (Meikel)

The thing is that when the above guys have good games, they really have good games. . When they have bad games, they really have bad games.
Hyland, Williams and Cato played well in the 2015 Gold cup. This time it was almost the opposite.

Back to Molino, he has 3 goals in the last 5 appearances coming on as a substitute for Minnesota. Definitely has the potential to play as a striker or forward for the national team. DL tried to convert Molino into that role. But the service needs to be good for that to happen. Despite playing as an attacking midfielder for Minnesota, he's getting good service that is still allowing him to get into space and get a goal, as if he was a forward.

molino is not a striker ......
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: July 07, 2019, 06:50:09 AM »
Two assists from Molino yesterday versus Montreal.

1]; } ?>