March 28, 2024, 11:28:31 AM

Author Topic: Kevin Molino Thread.  (Read 162386 times)

Offline Cocorite

• Hero Warrior
  • John 5:24
    • View Profile
Re: Kevin Molino Thread.
« Reply #750 on: March 01, 2020, 09:24:24 PM »
Molino with a double today in Minnesota's MLS opener

Yeah, he played well. I hope he hold down that #10 spot. Looked good tonight.
Socawarriors Need A Winning Mentality

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #751 on: March 01, 2020, 10:45:14 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino's brace leads Minnesota United to a 3-1 victory over Portland Timbers

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/13rcdNKv2ss?start=40" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/13rcdNKv2ss?start=40</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Andre

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #752 on: March 01, 2020, 11:10:30 PM »
Starman tonight! That second one was a gift but take composure.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #753 on: March 02, 2020, 06:49:01 AM »
I was pleased to see we boy starting and playing well.
He just calm and composed, making good passes and getting into dangerous areas.
He coulda up the intensity when it was time to win it back a couple times.
Very good performance.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #754 on: March 08, 2020, 08:10:04 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino's pinpoint cross leads to Minnesota united's third goal in their 5-2 win over San Jose Earthquakes

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/vEeDGHCfXmc?start=291" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/vEeDGHCfXmc?start=291</a>

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #755 on: March 08, 2020, 08:12:43 PM »
He was subbed out in the 42nd min due to injury. I can't find no news about it.
Hope is nothing serious.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #756 on: March 08, 2020, 08:34:12 PM »
He was subbed out in the 42nd min due to injury. I can't find no news about it.
Hope is nothing serious.

Slight hamstring strain

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #757 on: April 09, 2020, 03:58:52 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino's COVID-19 message

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/xY1JuI6X5-o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/xY1JuI6X5-o</a>

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The chance to breathe
« Reply #758 on: May 28, 2020, 02:27:25 PM »
Kevin Molino: The chance to breathe
Kevin Molino (pushinglimits.net)

Almost two months after being stuck at home, it brought great joy and a bit of relief to return to the training field with my teammates at Minnesota United last week after the go ahead was given for us to restart some individual training . Meeting up with the boys  and the staff again was like seeing your old school mates after the August vacation. Only this time it was a vacation where you had to be quarantined inside your home where all you could do was stay fit on your own and take in everything there was on television.

Luckily I had my Trinidadian teammate and friend Joevin Jones with me and we got the chance to analyze ourselves, look back at where we came from and think about where we want to go. We spent some of the days looking back at some of our old games for the national team that we were able to source from the TTFA Media and we also assessed some matches from the last World Cup campaign to see where we went wrong and also take in some of the good stuff we did like the two home game against Panama and Mexico. I still can’t believe how unlucky Joevin was to have his goal called for offside in the first half.

Minnesota has been my home for three and a half years now after the club brought me over from Orlando City in January of 2017. It was an important move for me as I saw the ambition that the club had and my old manager Adrian Heath was someone I knew well and who I’d play for throughout my career in the US. He knew me better than any coach. So in a nutshell I was delighted to be starting a new chapter.

I faced another obstacle with a second ACL injury and that was another challenging period for me but I’d been through this same nightmare before and this time I knew what to expect so I made up my mind that I would wake up better from it. The surgery went well in 2018 and I slowly started to build myself back. Coming into the new season in 2020 I felt like I was getting back to my old self again. There was the feeling that the  boss may be using me as the “Number 10” but I was prepared to play wherever he wanted me to and do my best for the team.

Coming back from an ACL injury is no easy ride as any athlete who has been through would tell you. But my mind was made up and my hopes were high to play as many games as possible in the season.

But the Almighty had other plans and not just for me but for everyone. Who’s to judge him? All we could do was sit by and try to do all the right things to ensure we come away from this pandemic as best and safe as possible. Many people have suffered. A lot have died, lost loved ones and many are jobless and have to fight hard to make ends meet. The news over here said there are now 899 deaths in Minnesota.

I have friends in Trinidad who are fighting to stay in good shape. I’ve seen and heard about persons in Minnesota who are struggling to stay up. Right at the club I know there are so many people we would normally see on the weekends for matches who haven’t been able to be part of something that brought so much life and hope to us.

All in all,  I thank God for where we are now being able to tell a story and being able to live to fight another day. But in all of this, there have been some very, very sad and disheartening things happening and I was shocked and angry to see on my social media pages what occurred to the gentleman in Minneapolis this week.

This has been on the television all day and night for the past forty eight hours or so and it all went down in a place that became my home for the past three years. It’s tough to see it. We stay home as much as we can and go out only for the necessary stuff and for training. But now I feel like staying away even more because of the scenes taking place here in Minnesota.

I stand strong as a Black athlete from the Caribbean and everyday we strive to overcome hurdles and  face our challenges. When we fight, whether on the field or in our private spaces we do it in order to bring our best game that represents millions of people. We do it to bring some sort of stress relief or joy to them. We go out there to fight for better and fulfill our dreams. 

My teammates and I, and the staff, everyone, are like a family trying to set the right example. It’s the same thing when I get together with the national team. George Floyd was the same. He had a family and he represented people. The way he went out could never be right. It’s scary to be honest. Try covering your face and preventing yourself from breathing and see how it feels after two minutes. Wearing a facemask is enough of a struggle and we have to do it to stay alive in this situation we are in today.  But we have the option to take the mask off whenever we want. George didn’t have that option. Imagine what it was like for him not having the chance to breathe properly.

It’s important for us to stand up and stand together to make a better place for ourselves and for our children. I hope we all come out of a difficult situation in a positive frame of mind. We all want life to return to normal but nobody really knows what it’s going to be like in six months or a year. We don’t even know what the MLS season will be like. I don’t know when next I will be wearing the Red, Black and White again proudly for my country. I am still trying to imagine what it will be like playing a match with no fans in the stands. But what I do know, is that together as one we can still have a life worth fighting for.

One Love

Kevin

This was written for Pushing Limits by Kevin Molino,  a Carenage-born professional football player. He played at the 2007 FIFA Under 17 and 2009 FIFA Under 20 World Cups for his country. He is now waiting for the next opening whistle in American Major League Soccer.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #759 on: May 30, 2020, 08:28:08 AM »
Molino saddened by death of George Floyd.
By Jelani Beckles (Newsday).

T&T and Minnesota United midfielder Kevin Molino joined thousands who are mourning the killing of African American George Floyd in Minneapolis, Minnesota, on Monday.

Floyd, 46, died after being handcuffed and pinned to the ground by a police officer’s knee, in an incident that was recorded on video and led to protests in Minneapolis.

In an article on pushinglimits.net, Molino said, "There have been some very, very sad and disheartening things happening and I was shocked and angry to see on my social media pages what occurred to the gentleman in Minneapolis this week."

Molino said it was "tough" to see what has been happening "in a place that became my home for the past three years."

Molino said he is proud to be of African descent and he will continue pursuing his dreams.

"I stand strong as a black athlete from the Caribbean and everyday we strive to overcome hurdles and face our challenges. When we fight, whether on the field or in our private spaces we do it in order to bring our best game that represents millions of people. We do it to bring some sort of stress relief or joy to them. We go out there to fight for better and fulfill our dreams."

Molino said playing for T&T and Minnesota United for several years is like being part of a family, something Floyd also had.

"George Floyd was the same. He had a family and he represented people. The way he went out could never be right. It’s scary to be honest."

Molino said it can be difficult to breathe while wearing a mask during the covid19 pandemic, but people can take it off for comfort. The T&T footballer said Floyd did not have that luxury. "Wearing a face mask is enough of a struggle and we have to do it to stay alive in this situation we are in today. But we have the option to take the mask off whenever we want. George didn’t have that option. Imagine what it was like for him not having the chance to breathe properly."

Molino urged people to stay strong during these times. "It’s important for us to stand up and stand together to make a better place for ourselves and for our children. I hope we all come out of a difficult situation in a positive frame of mind."

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #760 on: July 12, 2020, 08:12:21 PM »
De boss with the winner in the 97th minute!
ESPN man of the match. Keep it up Molino

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #761 on: July 13, 2020, 10:50:14 AM »
De boss with the winner in the 97th minute!
ESPN man of the match. Keep it up Molino
Missed that game...so much football these days it's hard to keep up with everything.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #762 on: July 13, 2020, 10:28:56 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino wins it at the death for Minnesota United, scoring the game-winner in the 97th minute, to earn a 2-1 come-from-behind victory over Sporting Kansas City.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/7rDop2PlImA?start=240" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/7rDop2PlImA?start=240</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #763 on: July 14, 2020, 05:08:36 PM »
Right now I will take a half-fit Molino over any of our current players.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #764 on: July 16, 2020, 04:43:18 PM »
RSL highlight Kevin Molino as "top player" ahead of Group D clash.
By Jonathan Sigal (mlssoccer.com).

Real recognizes real.

Kyle Beckerman, ahead of Real Salt Lake’s Group D matchup Friday (10:30 pm ET | ESPN, ESPN Deportes; TSN in Canada) at the MLS is Back Tournament, highlighted Minnesota United midfielder Kevin Molino as a top player.

Beckerman, fresh off appearing in his 21st MLS season, offered praise for Molino, who has three goals and one assist on the year, including a stoppage-time winner in the Loons’ 2-1 win over Sporting Kansas City.

“When he’s healthy he’s a top player and extremely silky, can score, can assist,” Beckerman said via video conference call. “So, he’s definitely somebody to keep an eye on, but they have numerous players and I think they’re also playing with a lot of confidence, they have a lot of momentum coming from the first two games of the season. Now with a late win the other day, I’m sure the confidence is flying high.”

Molino entered MLS with Orlando City during their 2015 expansion season, and then was traded to Minnesota in 2017. He tore his ACL early in the 2018 campaign, but has since recovered and proven dynamic centrally or out wide.

RSL head coach Fredy Juarez said he’s been tracking the Trinidad and Tobago international since his USL days.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline maxg

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #765 on: August 01, 2020, 06:03:03 PM »
Is Molino injured. Surprised he’s not starting .

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #766 on: August 02, 2020, 12:23:15 AM »
Is Molino injured. Surprised he’s not starting .

I think they mentioned a hamstring injury. The same thing I was saying when they were playing Columbus. He was suited up but did not play. Our best attacking player at the moment. Ah boy!!!!!!!!

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #767 on: September 09, 2020, 09:29:12 PM »
WATCH: A brace from Kevin Molino leads Minnesota United to a 3-2 win over FC Dallas.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/PAJwMMLdxH4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/PAJwMMLdxH4</a>

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/gp7dXKf5F2o" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/gp7dXKf5F2o</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #768 on: September 10, 2020, 09:33:53 AM »
Tallman still have a special love for a brace.

Molino also hit the right hand post with a placed curling shot, and had another shot from close in that the keeper performed a miracle to stop.
We boy is in good form right now, he hardly loses the ball and the defenders doh really know what to expect when he has possession.
Endless creativity.
There was also a play where he had to use pace and strength to hold off 2 defenders and cross it in.
He also set up 2 in the last game and made MLS team of the week.
I not sure if it was 2 direct assists, I saw him make the 2nd to last pass on a play that was scored. I have to check the highlights.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2020, 09:38:38 AM by Peong »

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #769 on: September 10, 2020, 09:45:43 AM »

Allyuh f**king man doh forget eh?  :rotfl:

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #770 on: September 12, 2020, 10:47:48 AM »
WATCH: On the back of his double against FC Dallas, midfielder Kevin Molino talks about his passion for further development, bringing happiness to those in his life and what he thinks is needed to help bring results in Trinidad and Tobago football.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/zPt5umo0ATs" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/zPt5umo0ATs</a>

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #771 on: September 20, 2020, 08:42:08 AM »
Molino scored early on a shot from the left side and then hit the right side upright from a sliding volley which unfortunately caused him to get injured. It look like his hamstring. Too bad it didn't go in, it would been a great goal. That injury come at a bad time, right when he was on a hot streak. I wish him a speedy recovery.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #772 on: September 20, 2020, 12:24:42 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino finishes a Minnesota United counter attack with his sixth goal of the season during a 2-2 draw with Houston Dynamo

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mQMqLgm2B_I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mQMqLgm2B_I</a>

RELATED NEWS

Molino nets sixth of season, but Loons held to draw
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

T&T’s Kevin Molino and Robin Lod scored for Minnesota United in the first half, but Darwin Quintero and Maynor Figueroa struck back for the Houston Dynamo in the second, forcing the sides to split the points in a 2-2 draw in the US Major League Soccer at BBVA Stadium on Saturday.

Minnesota struck for the opener 11 minutes into the contest after getting loose on the break following a Dynamo giveaway at midfield when Jan Gregus put Molino in on goal, down the left side and the T&T international midfielder lashed home the finish to the far post.

The Dynamo got a chance to equalise just five minutes later, as Minnesota’s Michael Boxall was called for a foul in his own area for bringing down Memo Rodriguez.

But Quintero had his look from the spot denied by Minnesota goalkeeper, Canada-born T&T player Dayne St Clair, who made a kick-save while sprawling out to his left, allowing the Loons to retain the first-half advantage.

Minnesota would then double their lead right on the stroke of halftime courtesy of Lod, who pounced on a rebound and slid home a shot that Houston goalkeeper Marko Maric couldn’t quite keep out of the goal.

Houston pulled one back just before the hour mark after St Clair came off his line to punch away a cross from Zarek Valentin, only to see it land at the feet of Quintero, who alertly lofted a gorgeous chipped ball into the net.

Molino came within inches of a second and his fourth in two matches in the 66th minute, collecting a cross and uncorking a curling distance shot that looked bound for goal, only to see it denied by a diving Maric to keep Houston within a goal.

It would prove consequential as the Dynamo equalised on 69 minutes when Quintero whipped in a free-kick that was saved by St Clair but headed home on the rebound by Figueroa.

Minnesota were put down a man as the match neared second-half stoppage time after Gregus was sent off by referee Victor Rivas on Video Review for swinging his arm at a Houston player. The 10-man Loons managed to see out the match, however, and escape with the point.

Elsewhere, Molino’s close friend Joevin Jones failed to add to his two goals showing from their previous match, but Seattle Sounders still recorded a straightforward 3-0 win over LA FC thanks to Nicolas Lodeiro converting two penalty kicks in the first half and Raul Ruidiaz adding the third.

The three points put Seattle in the top spot in the Western Conference standings, while LAFC continue to struggle with finding consistency (and wins) since the restart.

USA-born midfielder, Nick De Leon, the son of former T&T standout Leroy De Leon played for 82 minutes in Toronto FC’s 2-2 draw with DC United.

DC United’s 17-year-old academy product Griffin Yow scored his first MLS goal, volleying home a dramatic equaliser two minutes from time to help DC United salvage the draw for his team.

« Last Edit: September 21, 2020, 12:31:41 AM by Flex »

Offline chelsealife

• You must be the change you wish to see in this world
  • Hero Warrior
  • Its BLUE, what else matters?
    • View Profile
« Reply #773 on: September 21, 2020, 07:50:10 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino finishes a Minnesota United counter attack with his sixth goal of the season during a 2-2 draw with Houston Dynamo

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/mQMqLgm2B_I" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/mQMqLgm2B_I</a>

RELATED NEWS

Molino nets sixth of season, but Loons held to draw
By Nigel Simon (Guardian).

T&T’s Kevin Molino and Robin Lod scored for Minnesota United in the first half, but Darwin Quintero and Maynor Figueroa struck back for the Houston Dynamo in the second, forcing the sides to split the points in a 2-2 draw in the US Major League Soccer at BBVA Stadium on Saturday.

Minnesota struck for the opener 11 minutes into the contest after getting loose on the break following a Dynamo giveaway at midfield when Jan Gregus put Molino in on goal, down the left side and the T&T international midfielder lashed home the finish to the far post.

The Dynamo got a chance to equalise just five minutes later, as Minnesota’s Michael Boxall was called for a foul in his own area for bringing down Memo Rodriguez.

But Quintero had his look from the spot denied by Minnesota goalkeeper, Canada-born T&T player Dayne St Clair, who made a kick-save while sprawling out to his left, allowing the Loons to retain the first-half advantage.

Minnesota would then double their lead right on the stroke of halftime courtesy of Lod, who pounced on a rebound and slid home a shot that Houston goalkeeper Marko Maric couldn’t quite keep out of the goal.

Houston pulled one back just before the hour mark after St Clair came off his line to punch away a cross from Zarek Valentin, only to see it land at the feet of Quintero, who alertly lofted a gorgeous chipped ball into the net.

Molino came within inches of a second and his fourth in two matches in the 66th minute, collecting a cross and uncorking a curling distance shot that looked bound for goal, only to see it denied by a diving Maric to keep Houston within a goal.

It would prove consequential as the Dynamo equalised on 69 minutes when Quintero whipped in a free-kick that was saved by St Clair but headed home on the rebound by Figueroa.

Minnesota were put down a man as the match neared second-half stoppage time after Gregus was sent off by referee Victor Rivas on Video Review for swinging his arm at a Houston player. The 10-man Loons managed to see out the match, however, and escape with the point.

Elsewhere, Molino’s close friend Joevin Jones failed to add to his two goals showing from their previous match, but Seattle Sounders still recorded a straightforward 3-0 win over LA FC thanks to Nicolas Lodeiro converting two penalty kicks in the first half and Raul Ruidiaz adding the third.

The three points put Seattle in the top spot in the Western Conference standings, while LAFC continue to struggle with finding consistency (and wins) since the restart.

USA-born midfielder, Nick De Leon, the son of former T&T standout Leroy De Leon played for 82 minutes in Toronto FC’s 2-2 draw with DC United.

DC United’s 17-year-old academy product Griffin Yow scored his first MLS goal, volleying home a dramatic equaliser two minutes from time to help DC United salvage the draw for his team.

when did he decide to play for us?

Offline Mad Scorpion a/k/a Big Bo$$

• Hero Warrior
  • a/k/a Optimus Prime
    • View Profile
« Reply #774 on: September 21, 2020, 12:47:52 PM »

Allyuh f**king man doh forget eh?  :rotfl:
Neva!!! :rotfl:

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #775 on: October 03, 2020, 07:35:45 PM »
Molino is back after a few games out through injury. He came on early in the 2nd half.

And he just scored!

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #776 on: October 03, 2020, 09:44:03 PM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino makes an instant impact to give Minnesota United a 2-0 lead over FC Cincinnati. Molino comes on as a substitute in the 61st minute and scores in the 69th minute.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blxNyqcW8sE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blxNyqcW8sE</a>

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #777 on: October 04, 2020, 03:27:58 AM »
WATCH: Kevin Molino makes an instant impact to give Minnesota United a 2-0 lead over FC Cincinnati. Molino comes on as a substitute in the 61st minute and scores in the 69th minute.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blxNyqcW8sE" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blxNyqcW8sE</a>
your million dollar legs are showing mate.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #778 on: October 18, 2020, 07:42:08 PM »

If he could stay injury free he could become a great player in this league.

Online Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #779 on: October 18, 2020, 08:09:57 PM »
Kevin made his 100th MLS appearance tonight.

1]; } ?>