May 01, 2024, 04:27:44 PM

Author Topic: Trini boys on scholarship in ncaa getting on real bad  (Read 4957 times)

Offline trinibadboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
Trini boys on scholarship in ncaa getting on real bad
« on: October 27, 2005, 11:05:35 PM »
Fellas we does forget the boys on scholarship. I was checking the ncaa standing and we boys who playing for Clayton state in Atlanta rank in the top 10.. They winning there conference and ranked first in the nation. They might bring home a championship ring for we country. The team have the national under 20 striker Kevin Crooks and a goal keeper from presentation college Ricardo Vasconcellos and ah beast in defense name Josh stewart, let we support we boys nah..Them is the future and all ah them does play check them out at www.clayton.edu.

The big game is saturday against upstate and they have 2 trinis playing for them too. One ah them was ah tranquil man and make the trini all star team. Is ah big game.
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 03:26:49 PM by Tallman »

Offline Ponnoxx

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Trini boys on scholarship in ncaa getting on real bad
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 06:01:25 AM »
o god i think yuh must be put this under every thread... :D...big to the college men doing their ting ...Good luck ...Go T&T

Offline prodigy23

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 11:31:16 AM »
The big game is saturday against upstate and they have 2 trinis playing for them too. One ah them was ah tranquil man and make the trini all star team. Is ah big game.

Big up my brethren kwamie. he is d tranquil man

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
  • Intercol Champion 94' w/ Princes Town
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 12:08:25 PM »
What chupidness allyuh men does talk dred. sorry to buss allyuh bubble, but Them schools allyuh mentionin not even in division one. Division 2 and 3 in the states sometimes worse than SSFL back home. Name some real men nah, like men playin at Duke and Wake forest that from trinidad, not men playin second and third division ball....By the way, this is the rankins for Division one Ball...

http://www.nscaa.com/rank/20051025/D1M/0/index.html
...with Blacksmith, Dogfoot, Jurawan and dem

Offline football king

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 12:32:13 PM »
a top 10 div 2 school is not a bad team could hang with the better div 1 teams.

Div 3 yeah that is all crap.  top to bottom

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 12:51:02 PM »
As a matter of fact, Div. II schools like Southern COnnecticuit, where Shawn Boney went will run through most Div. I teams.  Dem schools don't really have ah age limit, so the players are usually more mature. 

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 02:40:39 PM »
Ass..Division one schools don't have an age limit anymore..As long as you haven't used your 4 years eligibility, yuh could play till yuh old like the road. I hate men talking bout shit they know nothing about. So.Conn beating top division schools.looool..real idiaat talk yes..

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 28, 2005, 02:54:12 PM »
Oh  had to be division 2 kevin crooks mashing up in ncaa  division 1 yeah right!!!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 28, 2005, 03:15:50 PM »
Yuh does know when ah man never played in the field.  Boss yuh have to sign before yuh 26.   So then yuh telling meh that ah 30-year-old man could run out in Div. I.  Boss I working in this field, and ah telling yuh that yuh don't know shit, P. Town. 

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 28, 2005, 03:20:43 PM »
DAMN!
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 28, 2005, 03:29:03 PM »
Yuh does know when ah man never played in the field.  Boss yuh have to sign before yuh 26.   So then yuh telling meh that ah 30-year-old man could run out in Div. I.  Boss I working in this field, and ah telling yuh that yuh don't know shit, P. Town. 

well said tenorsaw...and by de way...dat same shit div 2 school yuh talking bout...yuh shud hush yuh ass p.town and see dem play before yuh pass judgement. what school...div 1 or 3 you was on that did rank in any poll??? dont hate....just support de boys dem. de getting free education for playing de sport we all love...if dey succeed on de field that will just open up more avenues for dem!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 28, 2005, 03:35:37 PM »
LoL...bear idaats yes. I was one ah dem boys. I play for the same school Nahkid play for in DC. Full schol, then Assistant Grad coach. Grad school paid for too. We had a 29 year old playing for we in 2003. What allyuh men talking about dred? We play plenty DIv two school in preseason, and not in the 4 years i went dey, that any ah them give we a good run..Lol.. bunch ah fools on this site yes... I aint saying all them school is shit.. But there is a reason that there are different divisions. Idaats...

Oh yeah, and in 1999 we were ranked 4th.  Div I American University..Do yuh research idiatts
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 03:27:39 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: October 28, 2005, 03:42:46 PM »
P. Town link me, we went to the same school and and know who yuh is.  Leh we don't fall out over trivial matters.

Offline fordy

• Hero Warrior
  • give thanks!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: October 28, 2005, 03:43:55 PM »
LoL...bear idaats yes. I was one ah dem boys. I play for the same school Nahkid play for in DC. Full schol, then Assistant Grad coach. Grad school paid for too. We had a 29 year old playing for we in 2003. What allyuh men talking about dred? We play plenty DIv two school in preseason, and not in the 4 years i went dey, that any ah them give we a good run..Lol.. bunch ah fools on this site yes... I aint saying all them school is shit.. But there is a reason that there are different divisions. Idaats...

reason for the different divisions is as a result of money and enrollment son...not football!!!
football...the one true life experience!!!

Offline oconnorg

• PROUD MEMBER OF THE WARRIOR NATION
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: October 28, 2005, 03:44:38 PM »
P. Town link me, we went to the same school and and know who yuh is. Leh we don't fall out over trivial matters.

Look yuh see. Dat Iz love...
COMMISSIONER OF THE ANTI WAGGONIST ASSOCIATION OF TRINIDAD AND TOBAGO (AWATT)

The Warrior Nation
www.TheWarriorNation.com

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2005, 03:50:04 PM »
Fordy Fordy, i aint say the reason was football ass. Academics is the major factor too. But we all know that Div 1 is the top division with generally the better players (Generally). This is a real chupid argument fellas. A division I teal in england could beat any EPL team on a given day, but would u say that the Div 1 is a better league? Nope ass...again, there is a reason why we have divisions..

Anyways tenor saw, what school u went with me? in Trini or the states?
« Last Edit: November 06, 2005, 03:28:07 PM by Tallman »

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 28, 2005, 04:46:23 PM »
P. Town.   De goalkeeper before you.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 28, 2005, 04:58:57 PM »
Lol!!!!!!!!!  iz u boy...hard luck dred....

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #18 on: October 28, 2005, 05:38:19 PM »
I always say that we are making a mistake by allowing our players to enter the NCAA system. That football in one word is mess. Whatever division. They  just fast and strong nothing more. We should focus on making the quality of youth football higher and expansion quantitatively and qualitatively of the domestic league. If we can keep our players for 2-3 more years we'll see better results.

Offline SOBRIQUET

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 28, 2005, 05:46:08 PM »
i half-heartedly agree with yuh horse. the brand here is definately a physical brand. wild-horse kinda scene. but i would say that it is still a step up from that "pro" league in trinidad, where man have 10 mins on the ball to decide what they goin an do with it. i think the major downfall is the TNT football admin, who doesn't keep strings with players on scholarship in the US. They hadda find ways to keep in touch with their players and to keep inspirin them, give men a sense that TTFA behind them if they doin good.

Offline trinibadboy

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2005, 07:52:45 PM »
Alluh doh even know what alluh saying. That same clayton state school beat division 1 team. They only have like 4 americans on the team. Is like 4 south afericans, a few nigerians, 2 colombians, 3 english, bulgarian, mexicans, 3 jamaicans and 3 trinis..And the boy Kevin Crooks have the most goals 7 and 7 assist. All ah them play for the national team and i hear them looking real dam good. And some people doh go division 1 because of sat scores and the boys probably getting more money there cause is ah rich school. The only team that beat them is the team who ranked 1 in the nation and it was over time and they had 1 upset. Naia teams getting like 5 and 6 goals from this team. They hit ah side 9 this week.

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2005, 07:56:48 PM »

Alluh doh even know what alluh saying. That same clayton state school beat division 1 team. They only have like 4 americans on the team. Is like 4 south afericans, a few nigerians, 2 colombians, 3 english, bulgarian, mexicans, 3 jamaicans and 3 trinis..And the boy Kevin Crooks have the most goals 7 and 7 assist. All ah them play for the national team and i hear them looking real dam good. And some people doh go division 1 because of sat scores and the boys probably getting more money there cause is ah rich school. The only team that beat them is the team who ranked 1 in the nation and it was over time and they had 1 upset. Naia teams getting like 5 and 6 goals from this team. They hit ah side 9 this week.

I thought that according to NCAA rules you cannot pay players

Offline Ngozi

• Hero Warrior
  • Taking my life back! what da f**k you done lately?
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2005, 08:57:53 PM »

Yuh know what for a man who claim to have so much knowlege youre a very dismissive, closeminded  individual and as for dismissing these fellas who you obviously know nothing about....I could say for a fact that one of the guys josh stewart could walk onto the national team right now in the defense....there have been alot of really talented men who got their break in div 2 teams because of lack of contacts and such....men like jerome leyaw, anton brown , mark aqui sherwyn seifert , for crying out loud mickey trotman play naia and stern play junior college dont judge men because they in div 2 judge them on merit......you mean to tell me you is big grad assistant and so ignorant in your ability to assess situations and teams....allyuh men is only paper coaches yes

Offline jaffa

• New Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2005, 09:04:24 PM »
Ngozi is correct - i used to coach NCAA Div 1 and played there also.  Played w/ 4 trinis- and coached numerous.  It is not all about ability -it is alot about test scores and age depending on which Division you play.  Overall Division 1 - NCAA is the best and most competitive, but ther are plenty of NAIA and Div. II teams that can compete.  A college/university status is dependent on all sports, so a college/university could have big american football or basketball, and be D-I because of that, but not pay attention to soccer.  Along the same lines, a D-II or NAIA school could put all of their focus and money on soccer, and be much more competitive - they alos don't have as strict academic and age requirements.
Bottom line - don't bash a man because he plaing D-II or NAIA, or even Junior College (like Stern did) - it could be a situation of academics or age, or just who happened to recruit him - there are plenty of great players and teams in those divisions.  I am also copying from my post on another topic around Trini'sin college regarding Josh Stewart below - his Dad is great man and hero:

Josh Stewart is son of Lennox Stewart - he a trini hero - won a bronze medal in olympic games for track and field I think - he definitely did something big - can't remember exactly.  I worked soccer camps w/ Lennox in the US 6-10 years ago - and he brought Josh w/ him.  They are both great fellas - and Lennox can run - he is a hero.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: November 06, 2005, 03:30:11 PM »
Fellas we does forget the boys on scholarship. I was checking the ncaa standing and we boys who playing for Clayton state in Atlanta rank in the top 10.. They winning there conference and ranked first in the nation. They might bring home a championship ring for we country. The team have the national under 20 striker Kevin Crooks and a goal keeper from presentation college Ricardo Vasconcellos and ah beast in defense name Josh stewart, let we support we boys nah..Them is the future and all ah them does play check them out at www.clayton.edu.

We eh fuhget dem, check dis link: T&T Players Representing U.S. Colleges
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Pointman

• Hero Warrior
  • T&T football: win or lose, we still fetein'
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: November 06, 2005, 03:40:28 PM »

We eh fuhget dem, check dis link: T&T Players Representing U.S. Colleges

Tallman, how yuh get all dem stats boy, yuh wukking part time for the CIA or wha...I'm impressed!!
Trini to de bone; Pointman to de bone.

Offline morvant

• warrior nation member
  • Hero Warrior
  • malick till i die
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: November 06, 2005, 03:42:12 PM »
long time now we aint get ah college players round up boy..... ;D
"Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?"

Offline royal

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: November 06, 2005, 03:43:49 PM »
Whey........ 153 players and counting.I notice most of the players from up North QRC and St Anthony's especially with a few st Mary's.Ah aslo see Chinas son playing for American University.Ah hope he as good as his father.One final ting I really hope we ain't loose Jason Devenish to Canada.Ah see he play on their Under 17 team already.He's a talented midfielder from QRC.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2005, 04:49:37 PM »
As others say a lot of guys go to D2 schools and NAIA because of academics. I am at a NAIA school, our guys played Christian Brothers and beat them 2-0. Christian Brothers had just came of a game losing (just barely)to the No.#2 ranked D2 school 1-0. A lot of people think that D2 and NAIA are not good, but when you become part of it then you see the difference. A lot of ranked D1 and D2 Uni. would not play a team like Lindsey Wilson College or Rio Grande. Simple because they know there chances of losing is high and they cannot risk it.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

1]; } ?>