April 23, 2024, 02:10:31 PM

Author Topic: Concacaf Champions League Thread.  (Read 111478 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015/16 Concacaf Champions League Thread.
« Reply #630 on: August 06, 2015, 09:36:15 PM »
Fire Ross now..and let Dale Saunders and de physio run tings fuh de second half.

Come nah man, Ross has been in charge of Central for barely 10 days.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: August 06, 2015, 09:37:38 PM »
who is this Coache joker? I hope to god this man not active in the coaching fraternity in T&T. Last thing we need is one more total shithong coaching young players in this country. 80% of them here are already doing that garbage.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: August 06, 2015, 09:44:54 PM »
That #5 is rel shit....seriously... Rel shit!!!
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: August 06, 2015, 09:46:28 PM »
I hope minister sancho taking in this game...make him want to come out of retirement!

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: August 06, 2015, 09:47:53 PM »
Nah Central f#&*ed up their coaching staff badly this season. First Vranes and then Fenwick.

With all due respect to Coach Russel, if any of those two had still been in charge the scoreline would be more flattering to Central.
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: August 06, 2015, 09:53:17 PM »
What a shame....ungrateful nemackaram CFC/sancho/whoever....fenwick probably laughing his ass off....what an embarrassment

Offline ZANDOLIE

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: August 06, 2015, 09:57:19 PM »
Hard luck Central. Them fellas bun. Galaxy just playing with them now.

Regroup and come better next game
Sacred cows make the best hamburger

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: August 06, 2015, 10:04:38 PM »
More like thank God that shit over...that game remind me of Mexico vs Cuba in the GC!

Well on to the next one...if that # 5 start next game well then I have no hope in that new coach...say what...

Whey FS...

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: August 06, 2015, 10:09:43 PM »
I sorry fuh de right de back ..poor fella ..when allyuh feel allyuh fit...de Galaxy cruise while allyuh run allyuh blood outta water..

No shape...no plan...no fitness..no coherence...no shots on frame...can't move de ball into de final third...de Coachman in over he head...big time.

Ent allyuh train ...buh what kind a preparation?  Allyuh feel dis is Trini Pro League...?

Ah shame....

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: August 06, 2015, 10:24:44 PM »
Banter I don't live in Trinidad so I am not responsible for messing up de youths like yuh say..I am glad that you agree with me that some local coaches are doing that..

I know for a fact that Ross Russel will not win the Pro League this year...and if he continues to coach in this Champions league, he will not win a single game and will lose every match by multiple goals..

It doesn't matter how long he's in charge..he was handed the reigns of the Caribbean Champions ..they looked worse than a fete match side.

The Connection kids would have done much better.

Offline pull stones

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: August 06, 2015, 10:31:08 PM »
final score?

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: August 06, 2015, 10:52:47 PM »
final score?

5-1 ...could have been like 9-1 tho...

Offline Zeppo

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: August 06, 2015, 11:41:23 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/SUYVVx2fb9g" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/SUYVVx2fb9g</a>
"Donovan was excellent. We knew he was a good player, but he really didn't do anything wrong in the whole game and made it difficult for us."
- Xavi

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #643 on: August 07, 2015, 01:57:19 AM »
LA tops Central FC, Dos Santos scores in debut.
CONCACAF.COM.

CARSON, California – The LA Galaxy got its 2015/16 Scotiabank CONCACAF Champions League (SCCL) campaign off to a bright start with a 5-1 win over visiting Central FC on Thursday at the StubHub Center.

Five players scored for the host in Group D encounter, including Mexico international Giovani dos Santos in his club debut.  Alan Gordon, Raul Mendiola, Gyasi Zardes and Ignacio Maganto also found the back of the net.

Ataullah Guerra converted a penalty kick for tournament debutant Central, which was playing its first game since winning the Caribbean club championship in May.

The evening got off to a wild start as each team struck in the opening six minutes.

Gordon got things going in the fourth minute, heading home at the far post off Zardes’ cross from the right side of the box. 

Only two minutes later, Central equalized on Guerra's kick from the spot after referee Christopher Reid ruled that Galaxy goalkeeper Brian Rowe fouled Willis Plaza in the box.

The current MLS champion regained the lead for good in the 32nd minute as Mika Vayrynen sent a lead pass to an onrushing Mendiola, who remained onside with Gordon to create a two-man break.  Mendiola rounded goalkeeper Jan-Michael Williams on the right side and tapped the ball into an empty net for a 2-1 advantage.

LA suffered a loss, however, when Williams crashed into Mendiola just outside the penalty area.  The goalkeeper received a yellow card, while Mendiola was taken off on a stretcher and was replaced by Sebastian Lletget in the 40th minute.

The host extended its lead to 3-1 in the 55th minute when defender Keion Goodridge took down Gordon in the box.  Zardes powered his penalty into the upper right corner past Williams for his first career SCCL goal.

After dos Santos came on for Gordon in the 57th minute, he gave the Galaxy faithful more reason to celebrate in the 76th minute, slipping Rafael Garcia's left-wing feed into the far right corner for a 4-1 bulge.

Dos Santos turned playmaker in the 84th minute, setting up Maganto just outside the box and paving the way for the 23-year-old’s first SCCL tally.

The Galaxy next meets Comunicaciones on August 18, while Central plays at the Guatemalan side nine days later.

Results

LA Galaxy  5  v  Central FC  1
Gordon 4    Guerra 6-Pen
Mendiola 42
Zardes 56-Pen
Dos Santos 76
Maganto 84

Teams

LA Galaxy: - 12.Brian Rowe; 33.Dan Gargan, 27.Dave Romney, 21.Tommy Meyer, 25.Rafael Garcia; 15.Ignacio Maganto, 3.Mika Vayrynen, 34.Kenney Walker, 40.Raul Mendiola (17.Sebastian Lletget 39th); 11.Gyasi Zardes (20.AJ De La Garza 80th), 9.Alan Gordon (10.Giovani Dos Santos 56th).

Unused substitutes: - 31.Andrew Wolverton (GK), 4.Omar Gonzales, 14.Robbie Rogers, 19.Juninho.

Coach: - Bruce Arena.

Central FC: - 21.Jan-Michael Williams (capt) (Yellow 37); 15.Kaydion Gabriel, 12.Jamal Jack, 5.Akeem Benjamin, 3.Keion Goodridge; 7.Jason Marcano (19.Nathaniel Garcia 60th), 2.Elton John, 8.Sean De Silva, 11.Darren Mitchell (24.Kevon Villaroel 69th); 45.Ataulla Guerra; 33.Willis Plaza (6.Kerry Baptiste 73rd).

Unused substitutes: - 30.Akel Clarke (GK), 14.Nicholas Dillon, 17.Marcelle Francois,

Coach: - Ross Russell.

Referee: Christopher Reid (Belize).

Video: - LA Galaxy vs Central FC Highlights

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:00:08 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: August 07, 2015, 02:10:32 AM »
Can't keep track of how many "adventures" Jan has gone on. This game is poised for more ... given the ocean between the back line and Jan.
Same thing I saying. For the 2nd goal, I thought he should've been closer to the top of the box instead of back on his line. If he had that position he could've got to the through pass and possibly intercepted it.

His movement on the first goal was suspect as well. While I concede that GKs at times are able to influence an attacker's movement, Jan frequently plays as if he is in a telepathic relationship with forwards, but a telepathic relationship gone bad.

Premature and presumptive movement by a GK does NOT mesh well with unpredictable attacking movement. Just as defenders are encouraged to stay on their feet and to go to ground as a last resort, GKs need to make decisions that preserve their ability to prevent goalscoring opportunities. Time and time again, I observe an uncontrolled rush to judgement, lacking in conviction, in Jan's play. These are moments when he should display leadership by staying in the game mentally. Leadership is about much more than charisma.

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #645 on: August 07, 2015, 05:32:56 AM »
I wonder if the clubs in Trinidad still prefer to be in pre season for Concacaf vs pre season for CFU.  ::)

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: August 07, 2015, 05:55:59 AM »
I wonder if the clubs in Trinidad still prefer to be in pre season for Concacaf vs pre season for CFU.  ::)

I wonder if they prefer to lorse to Waterhouse and Alpha in preseason or actually make it to Concacaf.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: August 07, 2015, 06:36:35 AM »
The preparation was a disaster at the end of the season, bad labour relations, eventually bad coaching choices, bad delays in staffing, no certainty with the players, loss of momentum and winners vibes with the team, loss of administrative direction. To drop Fenwick and go with proven Vranes is ok but Russell, eh eh. Central has lost their way and the energies of the fan club are going to be soon invested elsewhere as the team becomes just another jokey team with naive leadership. Sorry. Wish I were wrong.
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

Offline soccerman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: August 07, 2015, 07:33:40 AM »
Can't keep track of how many "adventures" Jan has gone on. This game is poised for more ... given the ocean between the back line and Jan.
Same thing I saying. For the 2nd goal, I thought he should've been closer to the top of the box instead of back on his line. If he had that position he could've got to the through pass and possibly intercepted it.

His movement on the first goal was suspect as well. While I concede that GKs at times are able to influence an attacker's movement, Jan frequently plays as if he is in a telepathic relationship with forwards, but a telepathic relationship gone bad.

Premature and presumptive movement by a GK does NOT mesh well with unpredictable attacking movement. Just as defenders are encouraged to stay on their feet and to go to ground as a last resort, GKs need to make decisions that preserve their ability to prevent goalscoring opportunities. Time and time again, I observe an uncontrolled rush to judgement, lacking in conviction, in Jan's play. These are moments when he should display leadership by staying in the game mentally. Leadership is about much more than charisma.
y
Spot on bro!

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: August 07, 2015, 07:38:37 AM »
Ho ho ho ho !!!

They sent a jackass to run a horse race.

Central FS is a piss of a team, an embarassment to Trinidad and Tobago Football run by English hoods.

I expect them to lose to Comunicaciones by a bigger margin.

Ross Russell still coaching?

:rotfl: :rotfl:

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: August 07, 2015, 07:39:44 AM »
Banter I don't live in Trinidad so I am not responsible for messing up de youths like yuh say..I am glad that you agree with me that some local coaches are doing that..

I know for a fact that Ross Russel will not win the Pro League this year...and if he continues to coach in this Champions league, he will not win a single game and will lose every match by multiple goals..

It doesn't matter how long he's in charge..he was handed the reigns of the Caribbean Champions ..they looked worse than a fete match side.

The Connection kids would have done much better.

Yes, it is bloody obvious that you're not in T&T! You do understand that this was Central's first competitive game this season? Same as Connection. You do understand that Central were playing a team well into their season and with world class players? You do understand that Steven Gerrards salary is higher than the total money spent on every Pro League club and our entire national team programmes? You do understand that there were no Pro League teams to have friendlies with as they have only now begun pre season training? You do understand that it cost TT$400,000 to travel to LA (that's just flights alone) and CONCACAF only give you TT$240,000? You do understand that Central have lost 7 of their first team squad from last season? You do understand that this was Central's first ever Champions League game? You do understand that Ross Russell not only won the TT Pro League with Defence Force, but is one of our most successful coaches?

By the way, which Spanish man were you referring to? Every Central player is  Trini.

The preparation was extremely poor. Some of it was poor organisation, some of it was lack of resources. From the kick off, Central were second to every ball. It was a harsh lesson, but a fair one. It was not realistic to expect to win this group. Personally, if we win one game I'd be ecstatic. Next year we would come stronger. Losing by four goals is disappointing. The way we played was more so. Now we must regroup and get things right on and off the field and restore pride against Comunicaciones.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: August 07, 2015, 07:41:29 AM »
Ho ho ho ho !!!

Central FS is a piss of a team, an embarassment to Trinidad and Tobago Football run by English hoods.

The slug returns! You're so out of touch, you racist bitch. There are no English people running Central F.C., dog breath. However, I am an Englishman and I do advise the board (when they listen!)

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: August 07, 2015, 08:19:55 AM »

I wonder if they prefer to lorse to Waterhouse and Alpha in preseason or actually make it to Concacaf.

You should own a Pro League club bro. Same mindset

I'm fairly certain the pro league if run from March-early December will be in season when CFU qualifiers are going on and during the group stage of the Concacaf CL

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: August 07, 2015, 08:32:40 AM »
INTERVIEW with Alvin Jones and Head Coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier after W-Connection’s 4-0 loss to Santos Laguna in the CONCACAF Champions League
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/huJzjFCnID8?start=69" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/huJzjFCnID8?start=69</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: August 07, 2015, 09:14:29 AM »
I admire W Connection for one thing, they really doing well giving these young players a chance, it will pay of in de long run for de club and for T&T and make money for them at de same time.

Central on de other hand, real let me down, I eh epect them to win, but 5 goals, nah, we not that bad in T&T.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: August 07, 2015, 09:21:20 AM »
I hope minister sancho taking in this game...make him want to come out of retirement!

Nah! Galaxy had enough goals to win yesterday  :)

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: August 07, 2015, 09:25:22 AM »
Aye BTW this was just another day a T&T club lose to a CONCACAF club. This has been happening for years. Allyuh should be used to this by now. We could only beat up our chests by beating insignificant Caribbean clubs.

I am not mad at our teams for losing but its HOW we losing that is the problem. We are not playing at a standard that gives us a chance to win.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:28:16 AM by Sando prince »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: August 07, 2015, 09:44:47 AM »
Ho ho ho ho !!!

Aye Aye, you come out from under your jumbie umbrella! FS, don't take on this guy, eh!
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 09:46:56 AM by Deeks »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: August 07, 2015, 09:57:07 AM »
I admire W Connection for one thing, they really doing well giving these young players a chance, it will pay of in de long run for de club and for T&T and make money for them at de same time.

Central on de other hand, real let me down, I eh epect them to win, but 5 goals, nah, we not that bad in T&T.

Sam, you are correct, but Central is in no way in the caliber of LA. Central administration got caught in the realities of real big time football. It does not come cheap. I hope they put on a better performance in their future games. Just to let the forum know that the JA team lost 4-0. Correct me if I am wrong.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: August 07, 2015, 10:07:57 AM »
I agree with FS, of course we would love for the pro league teams to put up a fight but it was unrealistic.  A little perspective is needed. In terms of W Connection I saw this coming and ever stated that this would happen you can't sell your best players and go to Mexico and expect to put up a fight. The squad was very young but honestly even if they had their best players from the last 2 years and were in mid season form it would still be a struggle. Mls and south american squads struggle in Mexico and we can all agree the pro league isn't in that class.

Connection has a good group of players coming up. Hopefully they can do big things in the next couple of years, however without 3-4 of their best players next season I fear for their champions League campaign. Hopefully they don't embarrass themselves.

Central is just starting a new cycle with a new coach and in the process of integrating new players, so it was always going to be hard for them. Also the LA Galaxy is a huge club. When the draw was made I thought Central had an outside chance but since then the Galaxy signed Dos Santos and Lletget has grown into a very good player. The Mls is a top 20 league and the Galaxy is a top team in the league. If a Swedish team went to a top la Liga or Epl team and lost by 4 goals it wouldn't surprise us, this basically the concacaf equivalent. The pro league is probably the 9 best league in Concacaf Mls and Liga MX are the best. I do agree that some players had poor games but that is expected when you play superior opposition.  For me the real measuring stick will be how the pro league teams play vs the central american teams. Also i would like to say that I believe that these experiences will pay off in the long run. Those young players aren't used to playing in front of hostile crowds vs good opposition.  By the time some of the players are ready for the senior team they will be mentally ready for road qualifiers.

1]; } ?>