April 19, 2024, 02:14:39 AM

Author Topic: Concacaf Champions League Thread.  (Read 111255 times)

Offline lucky4life

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015/16 Concacaf Champions League Thread.
« Reply #660 on: August 07, 2015, 10:59:21 AM »
What I take from this is the MLS clubs them are not really local players on the teams you got VERY GOOD INTERNATIONAL PLAYERS from all over the world that play's for MLS teams so it wouldn't be easy to beat them, JAMAICA and TRINIDAD only got local players playing and them teams and this is a really good experience for JAMAICA and TRINIDAD local players to play against MLS and MEXICAN clubs, I think that if it was a all local MLS and MEXICAN clubs JAMAICA and TRINIDAD would have win,

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: August 07, 2015, 11:43:10 AM »
I wonder if the clubs in Trinidad still prefer to be in pre season for Concacaf vs pre season for CFU.  ::)

I wonder if they prefer to lorse to Waterhouse and Alpha in preseason or actually make it to Concacaf.

You should own a Pro League club bro. Same mindset

I'm fairly certain the pro league if run from March-early December will be in season when CFU qualifiers are going on and during the group stage of the Concacaf CL

CFU is supposed to be February-March

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 07, 2015, 11:54:34 AM »
Many of our fans are delusional.

Man shame for what?  What were the expectations?

It's the teams first game of the season.  Galaxy well into the MLS season.  Yes..it was mostly their second unit but it's a completely different level.

The shame is on those who don't realize just how far behind our football is from this level....even if Central were deep into the PFL season.

Even the commentators remarked that they could see the athleticism and technical ability of our players.  But even before the game, Galaxy were admitting they knew little to nothing about Central, but they knew what they would get with Caribbean teams....athletic, strong, fast, and some technical ability.  But they were looking to capitalize on defensive disorganization.

So said...so done.

All things considered....not a bad 60 minutes from Central.  The rest deteriorated because they not fit....physically, nor match fit
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 07, 2015, 12:15:04 PM »
Football Supporter I apologize for being so cruel in my criticism of the team...it was a spirited performance by the players.

I was overly harsh on the #8 because I thought he was a foreign player and based on that belief I held him at a higher standard. Now... I applaud his efforts.

The loss of seven starting players would be a hard blow to the team.

I however had difficulty in trying to figure out the objectives of the Coach on the day...maybe things would be better next game

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #664 on: August 07, 2015, 12:39:00 PM »

It's the teams first game of the season.  Galaxy well into the MLS season.  Yes..it was mostly their second unit but it's a completely different level.

The shame is on those who don't realize just how far behind our football is from this level....even if Central were deep into the PFL season.

Even the commentators remarked that they could see the athleticism and technical ability of our players.  But even before the game, Galaxy were admitting they knew little to nothing about Central, but they knew what they would get with Caribbean teams....athletic, strong, fast, and some technical ability.  But they were looking to capitalize on defensive disorganization.

So said...so done.

All things considered....not a bad 60 minutes from Central.  The rest deteriorated because they not fit....physically, nor match fit

Palos,

I completely agree.

Even the commentatos were saying that under the cirucumstances and the challenges that Cental had, it was a good performance.

I watched from the beginning of the sec. half and was impressed at the skill level and the fact that Central was not in awe. Until that soft penalty Williams was not really challenged in that half. Central fell apart in the last 15 mnts but due to their setbacks that was not a surprise.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: August 07, 2015, 12:47:50 PM »
Did WC and CFC have any warm up games before this tournament.

If so, against whom?

VB

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #666 on: August 07, 2015, 12:53:17 PM »

So said...so done.

Accurate, concise..

If we spent the money and had the prep like these teams.. It would be an entirely different story..

Offline Banter Banton

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: August 07, 2015, 12:56:33 PM »
I wonder if the clubs in Trinidad still prefer to be in pre season for Concacaf vs pre season for CFU.  ::)

I wonder if they prefer to lorse to Waterhouse and Alpha in preseason or actually make it to Concacaf.

I'm fairly certain the pro league if run from March-early December will be in season when CFU qualifiers are going on and during the group stage of the Concacaf CL

CFU is supposed to be February-March

Does Jamaica and Haiti even have a pro league? When do they start and end their season?

If all of the possible CFU teams request the qualifiers be lets say May if all are in season then wouldnt the CFU change the qualification dates to suit all?

Allyuh acting like its a fixed date and people cant work together for the right thing to be done.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: August 07, 2015, 02:24:54 PM »
Football Supporter I apologize for being so cruel in my criticism of the team...it was a spirited performance by the players.

I was overly harsh on the #8 because I thought he was a foreign player and based on that belief I held him at a higher standard. Now... I applaud his efforts.

The loss of seven starting players would be a hard blow to the team.

I however had difficulty in trying to figure out the objectives of the Coach on the day...maybe things would be better next game

To be fair, Ross Russell's biggest challenge was knowing his players. He had a week with them after returning from Pan Am. I for one would not have played Jamal Jack in the back four. Elton John should have played there with Jack as a D.M. We were too flat. Maybe a sweeper could have been utilised to stop the ball over the top?

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: August 07, 2015, 02:28:25 PM »
Did WC and CFC have any warm up games before this tournament.

If so, against whom?

VB

There were no Pro League teams to have friendlies with as they have only now begun pre season training. The cost of flying to LA prohibited organising an overseas camp and we couldn't find a decent team in LA to play!

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: August 07, 2015, 02:38:15 PM »
No excuse for the loss but is how much offside goals LA go score in 1 match?
Linesmen were very generous.
As somebody say, losing to MLS and Liga MX is the norm, the only times we can compete is when one of our clubs has some kinda extraordinary attacking talent like when Jab had Cornell Glen.

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: August 07, 2015, 02:39:23 PM »
Is anyone of the opinion that Fenwick was afraid of the big stage and orchestrated an ask that just could not realistically be met? Hence, exit Fenwick stage right ... no need to be the one exposed in LA?
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 02:46:13 PM by asylumseeker »

Offline asylumseeker

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: August 07, 2015, 02:43:13 PM »
By the way, kudos to Guerra for sinking that penalty. Must have been interesting for him to be faced with that situation, back in the US, on his biggest stage since the Gold Cup.

His body language and facial expressions give no clue as to what would happen next. Treat those pks as a craft Ataullah. There will be more to come.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: August 07, 2015, 03:23:23 PM »
Banter I don't live in Trinidad so I am not responsible for messing up de youths like yuh say..I am glad that you agree with me that some local coaches are doing that..

I know for a fact that Ross Russel will not win the Pro League this year...and if he continues to coach in this Champions league, he will not win a single game and will lose every match by multiple goals..

It doesn't matter how long he's in charge..he was handed the reigns of the Caribbean Champions ..they looked worse than a fete match side.

The Connection kids would have done much better.

Yes, it is bloody obvious that you're not in T&T! You do understand that this was Central's first competitive game this season? Same as Connection. You do understand that Central were playing a team well into their season and with world class players? You do understand that Steven Gerrards salary is higher than the total money spent on every Pro League club and our entire national team programmes? You do understand that there were no Pro League teams to have friendlies with as they have only now begun pre season training? You do understand that it cost TT$400,000 to travel to LA (that's just flights alone) and CONCACAF only give you TT$240,000? You do understand that Central have lost 7 of their first team squad from last season? You do understand that this was Central's first ever Champions League game? You do understand that Ross Russell not only won the TT Pro League with Defence Force, but is one of our most successful coaches?

By the way, which Spanish man were you referring to? Every Central player is  Trini.

The preparation was extremely poor. Some of it was poor organisation, some of it was lack of resources. From the kick off, Central were second to every ball. It was a harsh lesson, but a fair one. It was not realistic to expect to win this group. Personally, if we win one game I'd be ecstatic. Next year we would come stronger. Losing by four goals is disappointing. The way we played was more so. Now we must regroup and get things right on and off the field and restore pride against Comunicaciones.

So didn't Central know they had CCL a long time ago?

And Concacaf have to be mad to give that little. So Central have SIS sponsoring them and they can't afford to play in de CCL? So de ministry of sports not helping T&T clubs no more?

Ent, Jan-Michael Williams (Connection), Jamal Jack (de Guyana team), Keion Goodridge (JP), Jason Marcano, Elton John, Kevon Villaroel (Puerto Rico and Jab), Ataulla Guerra, Willis Plaza and Kerry Baptiste have CCL experience? Didn't they all played with Jabloteh and Joe Public destroy Chicago Fire and NE Revs?

Good thing Keane and Gerrard didn't play.

« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 03:25:55 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: August 07, 2015, 04:22:30 PM »

Check the history boss.
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #675 on: August 07, 2015, 04:25:44 PM »

So said...so done.

Don't forget too that the second unit men playing for LA Galaxy II in the USL pro league since March as well
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #676 on: August 07, 2015, 10:45:46 PM »
Every football league around the world has to come to an end. That's when the best football players in the best football leagues go home on a short vacation before the next season begins. My question to you is: When does football talent, including technical skills, strategic understanding of the game, the vision to see things ahead of everyone else with lesser skills become by preseason? If I am not mistaken, those attributes never take timeout nor are they affected by preseason or after season. Those are intangibles that only old age can affect in terms of the speed at which those attributes are executed on the field of play. You cannot use preseason as an excuse for your inability to execute those intangibles in relationship to the way in which you lose the game.

The performance of Central FC against the LA Galaxy was pathetic on every level you can think of. When you watch the performance of this team on the field in a tournament so important as the CCL, you have to wonder why are they there.
Because like I said earlier, those intangibles don't take time out.

To make a long story short. If Central FC is the best the TnT Pro League has to offer then football in TnT has a long, long, long way to go. That performance was pathetic. That 5-1 score does not really tell the story of how anemic the team's performance was. By the way, Sean De Silva was your best player. He resemble a footballer on the field with a concept of how the game should be played even though he was ineffective as a result of LA's intensity to win the ball in the middle of the field. Central FC looked lost and pathetic. This is the best club team the pro league has to offer. Pathetic.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2015, 11:11:22 PM by King Deese »
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #677 on: August 08, 2015, 12:49:32 AM »
Is anyone of the opinion that Fenwick was afraid of the big stage and orchestrated an ask that just could not realistically be met? Hence, exit Fenwick stage right ... no need to be the one exposed in LA?

kind of hard to believe. Terry has been on the seen for a while and appears to welcome challenges. But you will have to ask Football Supporter in private, what really went on or wrong with his organization and Terry.

Offline trini_stallion

• Hero Warrior
  • soca in mih veins, soca in mih blood...
    • View Profile
« Reply #678 on: August 08, 2015, 12:42:19 PM »
http://www.socawarriors.net/senior-team-news/15773-for-the-love-of-football-one-on-one-with-central-fc-s-sean-de-silva.html

Read this article...nice lil insight...at age 25, would that hinder possibilities of being offered an overseas contract ?
Soca in mih vein, Soca in meh blood
Soca in yuh vein, Soca in blood,
Soca in we vein, Soca in we blood,
It's a heart of love, can't deny soca, cuz its good fuh de soul...
Trinidad and Tobago jump up now!

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #679 on: August 08, 2015, 11:25:16 PM »

kind of hard to believe. Terry has been on the seen for a while and appears to welcome challenges. But you will have to ask Football Supporter in private, what really went on or wrong with his organization and Terry.

He certainly wasn't intimidated when he coached SJJ and hammered Chicago Fire. I think SJ got to the quarter finals that year.

VB

Offline soccerrama

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #680 on: August 09, 2015, 06:51:10 AM »

He certainly wasn't intimidated when he coached SJJ and hammered Chicago Fire. I think SJ got to the quarter finals that year.

VB

Please note that Jabloteh defeated Chicago Fire 5-2 here in Trinidad but Chicago Fire defeated them 4-0 in Chicago to advance 6-5 on aggregate. They were in the quarter finals that year because there were only 8 teams competing at that time,since the Caribbean Champions automatically went into the quarter finals. Jabloteh defeated Connection on penalties to win the Caribbean Championship that year. However Jab's coach was Ricky Hill & not Terry.
« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 06:56:32 AM by soccerrama »

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #681 on: August 09, 2015, 09:13:56 AM »

So said...so done.

Yuh talking shit, nobody delusional. T&T clubs have been beating MLS teams over the years, Joe Public vs NE Revs (twice), they even beat a Mexican team IN MEXICO, W Connection knock out Red Bulls last time they met a MLS team, Jabloteh beat up Fire. Defence Force beat up Panchu.

I find making de excuse of not being fit is pure shit to, if them eh have money to compete they should drop out like NE Stars did.

You telling me they couldn't play ONE game self?

FS saying Gerrard making more than all de T&T teams combine, so ?????? And if Central did win, what he woulda say?

Dos Santos probably making more than de entire T&T team too?

T&T team wasn't fit but they fight in de Gold Cup though, even though they under constant pressure for money and more than half they team is not even starters for they clubs.

Nobody eh expect nothing much expect play your heart out and with pride like yuh getting paid to do it. They hire a goat who make a Guyana team beat him up last time in de CFU.

As ah say, Ent, Jan-Michael Williams (Connection), Jamal Jack (de Guyana team), Keion Goodridge (JP), Jason Marcano, Elton John, Kevon Villaroel (Puerto Rico and Jab), Ataulla Guerra, Willis Plaza and Kerry Baptiste have CCL experience? Didn't they all played with Jabloteh and Joe Public destroy Chicago Fire and NE Revs?

Good thing Keane and Gerrard didn't play.

LA second string beat up Central, a USL team who coulda beat Central by 9 goals, come on man Palas.

Yea, LA better, but not by 5 goals and it coulda been 9.

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #682 on: August 09, 2015, 10:48:46 AM »
central made a big mistake by not rehiring Vanes the only coach in T&T that has proven that he can coach on the international level losing 5 - 1 from a Galaxy reserve side is not a good enough ,hiring a local coach to coach on the biggest stage was a stupid decision they are probably not going to win 1 game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #683 on: August 09, 2015, 11:29:30 AM »
central made a big mistake by not rehiring Vanes the only coach in T&T that has proven that he can coach on the international level losing 5 - 1 from a Galaxy reserve side is not a good enough ,hiring a local coach to coach on the biggest stage was a stupid decision they are probably not going to win 1 game.

Breds, you disingenuous dey. Defence Force has been to the final of this tournament at least twice in the past, and have made a couple of semis. They won it once with a local coach. Why is hiring a local coach is an anathema to some of us. I think the time frame put him at a bit of a disadvantage. Plus central was in a bit of a quandary when they and Terry did not come to an agreement.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #684 on: August 09, 2015, 04:34:45 PM »
football has changed since the 80's there is no way a local coach would ever accomplish those results in the modern game.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #685 on: August 09, 2015, 06:21:21 PM »
football has changed since the 80's there is no way a local coach would ever accomplish those results in the modern game.
What makes you  think so? Given the proper and adequate resources, I think a local coach can do well. But I have to admit that they have to do some overseas training in the finer technical aspects of the modern game. Spend some time at top clubs in Europe or probably Mexico, yes Mexico. Earlier this year at the coaches convention in Philly, there was about 10 local coaches there. And there was probably others whom I missed. Next year the convention will be in Baltimore and they said they will be there again.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #686 on: August 09, 2015, 08:33:50 PM »

ffisback, it's probably a good idea to understand exactly what you're criticising before you type. Vranes is Technical Director at Central F.C. Like Russell, Vranes was also overseas on National duty with the U23's.
Perhaps the mistake that Central made was allowing their coaches to support the National teams?

Also, Russell is the first local coach in Central's three year history. Rix, Fenwick & Vranes. After each appointment, Central were criticised for not appointing local coaches, and now you're saying that they should. Go figure.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #687 on: August 09, 2015, 08:55:28 PM »
going to a convention is not going to help local coach's they will need to work in a professional environment for several years to improve.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #688 on: August 09, 2015, 11:10:50 PM »
going to a convention is not going to help local coach's they will need to work in a professional environment for several years to improve.

That is true. Like I said in my last post, it would be great for them to work in Euro or Mex, or even MLS. But those opportunities are far and few between. Almost non existent. The only local who got those kind of experience have lived abroad and worked thru the foreign countries system to get the technical acumen we are talking about. Hart, Lawrence, Walkes, Lincoln Phillips. I remembered vaguely Edgar Vidale have a stint in Germany. And Alvin did secure his FA badge in England. If you or some well connected benefactor have channels to overseas clubs, your efforts to open doors to these organization would be quite welcome.

Offline davyjenny1

• duaneoconnor-tt.com
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com
« Reply #689 on: August 09, 2015, 11:19:52 PM »
New Members need escorted access on to the board by senior posters before posting. Flex! wey yuh ? implementing  new changes.  :devil:

« Last Edit: August 09, 2015, 11:21:54 PM by davyjenny1 »
The difference between the possible and
the impossible lies in a person determination.

Your Knowledge is directly related to your potential income.
 http://www.duaneoconnor-tt.com

1]; } ?>