April 19, 2024, 01:59:22 AM

Author Topic: Concacaf Champions League Thread.  (Read 111254 times)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2015/16 Concacaf Champions League Thread.
« Reply #690 on: August 10, 2015, 06:22:46 AM »
ffisback, Latapy, a local with a tremendous amount of experience is in Scotland doing exactly what you talking about.

Offline Jack Horner

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: August 10, 2015, 11:16:16 AM »
TD has no power especially for a piss poor team like Central. Ross Russell is a good guy, not a coach, but he can be if he is giving better training at a professional environment, unlike Central, they will bring him down.

SIS used Central to squander money and Sancho was a big part of that.

Central is an embarrassment to T&T league.

And a clown works there who now thinks he is a politician assistant and killing the sports in Trinidad.

The football players cannot bring medals like our special Olympians and Olympians, but they brought glory at the gold cup and if they makes it to the next world cup Sancho would be first in line to give because he is all glamor, what a fool.

Take note of Joe Public success at Concacaf level my friend.

Jack Warner will rise again and the world will beg him him to return and he will say "NO".............

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: August 10, 2015, 12:49:28 PM »
Horner, I will hold my tongue a bit. You make some points. Why is Central an embarrassment to TT. This the club first outing. This club eh even 4 yrs, you jumping on them. Yes, Joe Public did well and I and many on the forum were very proud of their performance. But where are they now. The problem with all things in TT is to maintain success. To be consistent. Only two teams have made a level of consistency. It is Connection. And to some extent DF. Though with the quality of players they have had over the last four years, they should really be running things in TT.

I have issues with Sancho, but he is not a clown.

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: August 10, 2015, 01:30:10 PM »
This is interesting but for a different reason.

What is/are the similarities between the Defence Force teams of the 70's to early 2000's and the Strike Squad?

For me the main similarity is that both had core groups of players that lived and trained together consistently for an extended period of time.

In many respects, Army team was our first REAL Pro team. 

- They got paid to play football. 
- They played together all the time.  As a result, they knew each others football preferences, habits, etc.
- Add to that the discipline that came along with being in the Army
- And of course they had some of the country's best players

Army was like a mini National team and they had success as a result.

Strike Squad was similar:
- After they drew with Honduras in Honduras to progress to the Hex, the team lived and trained together for months
- There was continuity, discipline, and this was a National team that also had 2 of our best ever footballer....Latas and Yorke in their heyday. 
- Competition for spots was fierce.

Look at football today and our National team today.

- Our most successful Pro League clubs (W Connection, Central,) have collective talent
- Connnection in particular, has some sort of continuity and a consistent backer
- Jabloteh was similar until their backer went bust
- Joe Public was too short lived but they too had a backer who is no longer around
- The majority of our National team players now fly in for games and barely spend much time as a team...although...this last GC was different where they got to spend about 1 month together...and we could see the results of that.
- The reality of today's football is that our best players will get contracts to make a living outside of T&T
- We benefit from that as a National team....but at the same time, we lose continuity and consistency
- Player A playing in England and playing X system.  Player B playing in MPS and playing Y system.  Both come home to play for the National team which plays Z system

I have a theory that a professional club team will usually beat a National team.   If Bayern Munich plays Spain....I suspect Bayern will win.  And mostly because Bayern trains and plays week in, week out.

It's tough being a National or Club team in T&T.  Because the better players will likely not be playing at home.  And that has consequences for both.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #694 on: August 10, 2015, 02:17:12 PM »
Horner, I will hold my tongue a bit. You make some points. Why is Central an embarrassment to TT. This the club first outing. This club eh even 4 yrs, you jumping on them. Yes, Joe Public did well and I and many on the forum were very proud of their performance. But where are they now. The problem with all things in TT is to maintain success. To be consistent. Only two teams have made a level of consistency. It is Connection. And to some extent DF. Though with the quality of players they have had over the last four years, they should really be running things in TT.

I have issues with Sancho, but he is not a clown.

Army will be very good this year. When Central played them in the Pro bowl they looked very solid.

Offline ffisback

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: August 10, 2015, 07:52:58 PM »
only D.Nakid is out there coaching a professional team R.Latapy&D.Lawernce need to get there own clubs so they will know how to run a professional club.Heart was able to do good for himself in CANADA but the problem is CANADA is not a football country they are a hockey country with a crappy football team that plays a outdated English football style if you look at the GC you would see that T&T was outplayed in all there games that type of football will get us no were Heart is not ready for that level of football the rest of guys have not even coached 2nd DIV football in the U S A so I will not even talk about them.

Offline Controversial

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • Gino McKoy
« Reply #696 on: August 10, 2015, 08:19:26 PM »
This is interesting but for a different reason.

What is/are the similarities between the Defence Force teams of the 70's to early 2000's and the Strike Squad?

For me the main similarity is that both had core groups of players that lived and trained together consistently for an extended period of time.

In many respects, Army team was our first REAL Pro team. 

- They got paid to play football. 
- They played together all the time.  As a result, they knew each others football preferences, habits, etc.
- Add to that the discipline that came along with being in the Army
- And of course they had some of the country's best players

Army was like a mini National team and they had success as a result.

Strike Squad was similar:
- After they drew with Honduras in Honduras to progress to the Hex, the team lived and trained together for months
- There was continuity, discipline, and this was a National team that also had 2 of our best ever footballer....Latas and Yorke in their heyday. 
- Competition for spots was fierce.

Look at football today and our National team today.

- Our most successful Pro League clubs (W Connection, Central,) have collective talent
- Connnection in particular, has some sort of continuity and a consistent backer
- Jabloteh was similar until their backer went bust
- Joe Public was too short lived but they too had a backer who is no longer around
- The majority of our National team players now fly in for games and barely spend much time as a team...although...this last GC was different where they got to spend about 1 month together...and we could see the results of that.
- The reality of today's football is that our best players will get contracts to make a living outside of T&T
- We benefit from that as a National team....but at the same time, we lose continuity and consistency
- Player A playing in England and playing X system.  Player B playing in MPS and playing Y system.  Both come home to play for the National team which plays Z system

I have a theory that a professional club team will usually beat a National team.   If Bayern Munich plays Spain....I suspect Bayern will win.  And mostly because Bayern trains and plays week in, week out.

It's tough being a National or Club team in T&T.  Because the better players will likely not be playing at home.  And that has consequences for both.

I was always in favour of national teams playing to clubs.l I believe it gives the national team in many cases better prep...

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: August 17, 2015, 04:00:57 PM »
LA Galaxy play Comunicaciones on Tuesday 18th

Saprissa (Costa Rico) vs W.Connection  Thursday 20th

Comunicaciones vs Central F.C. Thursday 27th

Not sure if these games will be shown on Fox Soccer 2

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: August 18, 2015, 06:19:37 AM »
CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PREVIEW: Deportivo Saprissa vs W-Connection
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NMxXc-Vjtag" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NMxXc-Vjtag</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: August 18, 2015, 11:44:15 AM »
CONCACAF CHAMPIONS LEAGUE PREVIEW: Deportivo Saprissa vs W-Connection
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/NMxXc-Vjtag" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/NMxXc-Vjtag</a>

I really want to shoot that announcer.  :frustrated: :frustrated:

Offline dreamer

• Hero Warrior
  • These fellas are real Warriors.
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 18, 2015, 03:26:47 PM »
Cyah complain about that preview. Good luck Connection. Show more umpf!
Supportin' de Warriors right tru.

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 18, 2015, 03:30:38 PM »
It's interesting how both Connection and Central were heavily criticised for losing their opening games by 4 goals. And, perhaps, rightly so, despite the fact that they were at the very start of their pre season.

So it was interesting to see Barcelona lose their Super Cup First leg 4-0. I'm sure that the Barca coach and players would not be claiming poor preparation due to lack of funds!

I hope that Connection can get some kind of result against Saprissa to make the home games more interesting.

Offline King Deese

• BlackKnights15
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • photobucket.com
« Reply #702 on: August 18, 2015, 07:55:13 PM »
It's interesting how both Connection and Central were heavily criticised for losing their opening games by 4 goals. And, perhaps, rightly so, despite the fact that they were at the very start of their pre season.

So it was interesting to see Barcelona lose their Super Cup First leg 4-0. I'm sure that the Barca coach and players would not be claiming poor preparation due to lack of funds!

I hope that Connection can get some kind of result against Saprissa to make the home games more interesting.

Yeah. That was an eye opener. I saw both games. They just didn't look sharp at all but that is okay because at the end of the day, Barca is still the team to beat. They are a championship winning club with championship winning money with a championship winning coach supported by championship winning owners and a championship wiining pedigree.

WConnection and Central FC don't resemble any of those things. I saw the Central Fc game. You can blame poor preparations on the lack of funds but what really bothered me in that game was the lack of skills and all the funds in the world cannot buy that. Is either you have it or you don't. What was even worse was the performances of Guerra and Jan Michael. They are not national team material. The one player that resembled a football player was De Silva and he earned an honourable mention. Central and WConnection have bigger problems than Barca.
I am the punishment of God...If you had not comitted great sins, God would not have sent a punishment like me upon you.

Offline Sando prince

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 18, 2015, 09:37:33 PM »
Let us see if WC and Central can redeem themselves in these upcoming  games. For me its not about them losing but to lose by playing POOR football is not acceptable. And if we are serious about our football we cannot just accept this as the norm. Good luck to both teams

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 18, 2015, 10:12:02 PM »
LA Galaxy 5 - 0 Comunicaciones

5' Vayrynen
9' , 54' Gordon
87' , 89' Keane

Keane came on at half time. Gerrard didn't play. It appears Dos Santos was man of the match, providing at least 3 assists.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
W-Connection aims to bounce back at Saprissa
« Reply #705 on: August 20, 2015, 12:20:43 PM »
W-Connection aims to bounce back at Saprissa
T&T Guardian

DirecTV W Connection’s attempt to shake off a disappointing 4-0 opening loss at Mexico’s Santos Laguna on August 4, will see the T&T Pro League 2014/2015 league runners-up tackle Costa Rica league champions Saprissa when Group A of the 2015/2016 Concacaf Champions League resumes tonight at the Ricardo Saprissa Stadium in San Jose, Costa Rica from 10pm.

W Connection players and staff, led by technical director/head coach Stuart Charles Fevrier, are based at the Plaza Real Hotel in San Jose after arriving in Costa Rica on Monday, fresh from a ten-day camp in Panama following their loss to Mexican champions Santos at the Corona Stadium in Torren, Mexico in their pool opener

“We are expecting a good performance in this game (against Saprissa),” said W Connection assistant coach Earl Jean.

“We had some time to improve since our loss to Santos. We are at a rebuilding stage with a number of our players moving on to other clubs. We knew it would have been difficult against Santos, only [having] two weeks with some of the players together before that match.

“They (Santos) played against us in our pre-season mode [while the defending Mexico champions are well into their domestic season],” added the former Connection and St Lucia star forward.

Jean further stated: “Our players must be mindful that whatever game you’re playing at Concacaf level is an international game. Opponents at this stage are very professional, which means we have to concentrate for longer periods, keep the ball a lot, and do exactly what we have been practicing. We know Saprissa are a very good counter-attacking team but we just need to concentrate longer and not lapse in concentration like we did in the game against Santos.”

Coach Stuart Charles-Fevrier’s problems in Mexico also included the unavailability of defenders Gerard Williams and Maurice Ford through suspension carried over from the Caribbean stage of qualification and Colombian player Stiven Lopez Concha only due to return to Trinidad this week. Speedy winger Neil Benjamin Jr was an unused substitute at Santos due to a hamstring injury.

This week there is still some concern over Benjamin’s hamstring ahead of the Saprissa clash, however utility player Alvin Jones and left-back Triston Hodge, who both picked up injuries against Santos, are back to full fitness.

W Connection will also have the use of forward Shahdon Winchester who wasn’t part of the squad that faced Santos but must do without Colombian defensive player Christian Viveros in Costa Rica due to visa issues.

Saprissa, already into their domestic season, is the club of trialist Dwane James, the T&T international who is hoping to impress the Costa Rica league champions during training this week.

After today’s clash in Costa Rica, W Connection will host Saprissa on September 16 at the Hasely Crawford Stadium, Mucurapo before wrapping up their group fixtures on September 22 at the same venue against Santos.

Meanwhile Pro League champions and CCL debutants Central FC, who were defeated 5-1 at LA Galaxy on August 6, will return to Group D action on August 27 when they travel to Guatemala to face powerhouse CSD Comunicaciones.

Central FC will host the Guatemalans on September 17 in the return-leg in Trinidad before welcoming LA Galaxy on September 23, both at Mucurapo.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
« Reply #706 on: August 20, 2015, 12:38:05 PM »
I said this years ago, nobody take me on and I'm saying it again.

WC sells players at an alarming rate, leaving a void that cannot be quickly filled by their youths.

One understands they will sell players but what kind of compensation are they getting that they have to take two steps backwards and wait for their youths to get properly blooded.

Years ago if WC lost in the Con Cup they still had a good brand. Now they look lost and out of their depth.

It's like a Fourth Div club selling every young star and not being able to accumulate momnentum. If they were getting some good coin they could perhaps purchase other good players in the league.

One has to wonder if they cah hold off for a year or two and maintain a good squad.

VB
VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #707 on: August 20, 2015, 12:46:37 PM »
How many players have they sold that can affect the play of this team.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #708 on: August 20, 2015, 01:06:53 PM »
How many players have they sold that can affect the play of this team.

Cyrus, Hector, Joeven Jones.

I understand players must be sold. But how much are they getting that they can't replenish.

Cyrus is on loan.

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #709 on: August 20, 2015, 05:44:10 PM »
CONCACAF Champions League Game Notes: Saprissa v W Connection
http://www.concacaf.com/article/sccl-game-notes-saprissa-v-w-connection

Offline coache

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #710 on: August 20, 2015, 08:52:05 PM »
These Trini teams and local coaches to include Frverier don't know who to possess ball, neither play without possession..

These Costa Ricans can score seven...no problem

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #711 on: August 20, 2015, 08:55:07 PM »
So Connection lost 2-0? Anybody saw the game?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #712 on: August 20, 2015, 09:00:06 PM »
So Connection lost 2-0? Anybody saw the game?

It's hasn't finished yet. It's halftime. So far Connection has looked terrible they have barely completed a pass, and could be down 5 right now.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #713 on: August 20, 2015, 09:04:05 PM »
Any links to the game, plz?

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #714 on: August 20, 2015, 09:17:50 PM »
Watching on univision deportes not sure if there are any links.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #716 on: August 20, 2015, 09:32:23 PM »
3-0.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #717 on: August 20, 2015, 09:36:33 PM »
3-0.

WC did have some moments in the sec.half but I don't know if the altitude is affecting them. Like what I see in Winchester, Archibald and Skinnr.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #718 on: August 20, 2015, 09:40:46 PM »
Jomal Williams has been disappointing to me. I know he was highly rated a couple years ago so I was expecting to see something but I don't see anything there. I agree Winchester has been positive.

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #719 on: August 20, 2015, 09:43:34 PM »
I also think Alvin Jones has tried things he looks promising. I think in a couple years he may be the next connection player to make a move.

1]; } ?>