April 25, 2024, 02:06:46 AM

Author Topic: Link the football to Party  (Read 1781 times)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Link the football to Party
« on: July 03, 2012, 01:25:09 PM »
Sport has to be a social event to attract fan and money.

Football in trinidad especially at the PRO level has lost any kind of social aspect.

Hence no fans , no money and eventually no leagues.

Look at the transformation of Aripita Ave in Trinidad.

Bar after Bar, pact every day of the week.

people lining up to spend they money.

For professional football to survive in TnT they need to find a way to link it to the Party lifestyle.

Ask any EPL fan what is the best part of the game....they after game lime.

How will we incorporate this back into the football?/

Offline Peong

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Link the football to Party
« Reply #1 on: July 03, 2012, 03:09:17 PM »
I thought you meant PNM and UNC. 

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 03, 2012, 03:28:27 PM »
I thought you meant PNM and UNC. 
Exactly,I thought so to."Great minds think alike",ent somebody say that. :)

Offline Raul

• Full Warrior
  • ¡Hala Madrid!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2012, 04:06:35 PM »

Pact with whom, the Devil?

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2012, 05:15:07 PM »
I think its a good idea. Its sad that this might be our only resort.

Trinis love the carnival and party too much..But lets face it, this is killing our nation's fighting spirit. Its official.. Trinidad is no longer a football or track & field nation. Trinidad is a party nation.

Blood sweat and fete? That should tell you which direction sports is heading in Trinidad. So sad..steups

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2012, 07:24:33 PM »
Partying is not killing our socalled nation's fighting spirit. It is a convenient excuse when the people in charged have failed. Oh, we like carnival too much. Look carnival was hear long before some p[eople arrived. It is in our blood stream. If you can't accept that, then you is ah fake Trini. And further more, TT do not party any more than other people. I can carry you to clubs in DC open everyday of the week. Tell me who can party more than Brasilians. How many WC they have?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 08:06:26 PM by Deeks »

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2012, 09:05:37 PM »
Partying is not killing our socalled nation's fighting spirit. It is a convenient excuse when the people in charged have failed. Oh, we like carnival too much. Look carnival was hear long before some p[eople arrived. It is in our blood stream. If you can't accept that, then you is ah fake Trini. And further more, TT do not party any more than other people. I can carry you to clubs in DC open everyday of the week. Tell me who can party more than Brasilians. How many WC they have?

Good point Deeks. I agree, maybe we need to point fingers at the people in charge. But Carnival is in our blood stream? You mean the jump up? The fact that I dont want to accept that determines my Trininess? I think this pride for being associated to party takes us back a few steps. No offence to anyone. But what would you rather be known for.. Being a party nation? or a football nation?

Maybe, the party is not killing our fighting spirit. But too much of it can be a distraction. Lets try and use party to benefit us in better ways.. i.e. Have Machel or KES give a performance at a World cup qualifier or the National Track and Field championships. If we can harness party to get support for sports, it will surely benefit us. On the field/track and off.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2012, 09:13:56 PM »

Pact with whom, the Devil?
:rotfl: Yeah the Bar that pact is another Renraw enterprise!  :rotfl:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline just cool

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2012, 09:16:35 PM »
I believe the greatest tool in getting ppl back into football iz the community mini stadiums. bring the pro league back in the community, that and prize give aways IMO would be a great place to start.
The pen is mightier than the sword, Africa for Africans home and abroad.Trinidad is not my home just a pit stop, Africa is my destination,final destination the MOST HIGH.

Offline Socapro

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2012, 09:18:59 PM »
Good point Deeks. I agree, maybe we need to point fingers at the people in charge. But Carnival is in our blood stream? You mean the jump up? The fact that I dont want to accept that determines my Trininess? I think this pride for being associated to party takes us back a few steps. No offence to anyone. But what would you rather be known for.. Being a party nation? or a football nation?

Maybe, the party is not killing our fighting spirit. But too much of it can be a distraction. Lets try and use party to benefit us in better ways.. i.e. Have Machel or KES give a performance at a World cup qualifier or the National Track and Field championships. If we can harness party to get support for sports, it will surely benefit us. On the field/track and off.
:beermug:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

1]; } ?>