March 28, 2024, 11:38:29 PM

Author Topic: Just some observations I think the T&T League should implement.  (Read 4780 times)

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: Just some observations I think the T&T League should implement.
« Reply #30 on: July 04, 2012, 09:32:34 AM »
8 - This WoLF league is great, but why didn't the organisers try to combine it with the T&T League and run games/fixtures as double headers with Pro League games.

From WoLF Manager Jinelle James....

1. Many of the players are in the SSFL and are not allowed to play with their Clubs.

2. Many of the players are in college and are not available at that time of year. These are the players that add to the quality of the league, which has been truly surprising this seaason.

We may actually start a little earlier next year and will look at partnering with the Pro League for some matches. We are also looking at inviting college players and other players from the caribbean and that time of the year is easiest for them to come.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline trini supporter

• Sr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 04, 2012, 11:50:10 AM »
Excellent points there flex i would like to add my 2 cents. Why hasnt Mr.Roberts who claimed to care about TNT football at least give some sort of assistance to these clubs? In the very near future there is the strong possibility that they may not even be a pro league if the situation remains as is. There must be a means by which to encourage people to actively follow our local league, for this problem i blame the people of Trinidad and Tobago. Look at the Chinese league are attracting big name players to sign for their clubs. Generally the standard of our league is poor , not due to lack of talent but i believe our players lack proper training and facilities. 

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 04, 2012, 02:27:40 PM »
To a degree, its down to the age old measurement of popularity. If the stadiums were attracting 4-5,000 per game, more advertisers would pump money into professional football and press and media coverage would increase.

At the moment, with attendances sometimes as low as 200, local football is a niche sport. Its a chicken and egg scenario. The clubs want to attract supporters, but lack the funds to promote, yet without supporters, sponsors spend their money elsewhere.

We can complain about the clubs, the Pro League, the standard of football etc, but the reality is, we don't go to watch matches. The community argument is valid, but, again, the reality is that across the world people travel 20,30,40,50 miles or more to watch their team, in terrible weather conditions and at a high cost.

Try going to a professional football match for less than the price of two bottles of beer anywhere and you'll struggle. And travel from, say, Arima to Larry Gomes is only $3. So its not cost that's the problem.

And the performances of Caledonia and W.Connection in the CFU prove that the standard isn't bad.

I think the reality is that Trinis just aren't interested in local professional football. What I can't figure out is why that is. After all, back in the day thousands would watch football matches and there's still good attendance at school games.

« Last Edit: July 04, 2012, 02:29:45 PM by Football supporter »

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 05, 2012, 12:17:33 PM »
Talking about Pro League funding tonite at 6pm on www.talkcity91fm.com

1]; } ?>