April 28, 2024, 02:25:07 PM

Author Topic: Thread for IAAF World Junior Championships 2012 - Tue.10th to Sun.15th July  (Read 26602 times)

Offline Aviator

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
fella who win clock 44.85  :o

400 Metres - M   Final
12 July 2012 - 21:00
Position    Lane    Bib    Athlete    Country    Mark    .    React
1    6    228    Luguelín Santos    DOM    44.85    .    0.210
2    4    917    Arman Hall    USA    45.39    (PB)    0.158
3    8    40    Steven Solomon    AUS    45.52    (PB)    0.141
3    5    901    Aldrich Bailey    USA    45.52    .    0.149
5    9    854    Machel Cedenio    TRI    46.17    .    0.225
6    1    568    Alphas Leken Kishoyian    KEN    46.19    .    0.192
7    3    574    Boniface Ontuga Mweresa    KEN    46.50    .    0.321
8    2    778    Nikita Uglov    RUS    46.61    .    0.190
9    7    515    Javon Francis    JAM    47.57    .    0.214

Not at all bad from lane 9.

DHW that is no surprise that the kind from the Dominican ran that time. He has a season's best of 44.45 and only Lashawn Merritt has defeated him so far this year.
Psalm 14:1
The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God.

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Great run by Cedenio given his lane and the fact that he is a slow starter without the benefit of many athletes to his outside. Even if he were in one of the middle lanes I do not think he has the strength yet to run/contend in the 45 low/mid range to medal. On to the Olympics and valuable 4x400m experience.  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Results 110 Metres Hurdles Men Final - Afternoon session Thu.12th July
« Reply #92 on: July 12, 2012, 01:44:51 PM »
http://www.iaaf.org/mini/wjc12/Results/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=07-12-2012

110m Hurdles (99.0cm) - M   Final
(Afternoon session)

12 July 2012 - 20:20
Wind: -1 m/s
Position   Lane   Bib   Athlete   Country   Mark   .    React

1   6   206   Yordan L. O'Farrill  CUB 13.18    (CR)   0.179
2   5   24   Nicholas Hough  AUS 13.27    (AJ)   0.152
3   4   319   Wilhem Belocian  FRA 13.29    (NJ)   0.149

4   7   339   James Gladman  GBR 13.37    .    0.142
5   3   296   Jussi Kanervo  FIN 13.62    .    0.137
6   9   909   Dondre Echols  USA 13.71    .    0.152
7   8   554   Shinya Tanaka  JPN 13.72    .    0.172
8   2   172   Pengfei Chu  CHN 13.77    .    0.166

This Cuban guy O'Farrill looks like the future in the 110m Hurdles. This is what you call carrying on and building on the T&F tradition that has been established, something that T&T's NAAA need to learn from.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 01:55:06 PM by Socapro »
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Don't forget, Dacres of JAM won the men's Discus final - good day for the Caribbean.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Brandon Benjamin is 1 of my bff neighbour. He has come a long way and a longer way 2 go. As 4 DB loudest of steups d fella was neva d sharpest tool in d shed and his career mirror dat.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline STMB

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I hope you tell Brandon all other youth athletes (Cedenio, Keshorn, etc) that "we trying to nurture on this forum" what the end game of working hard as a T&T athlete is - that when they reach their peak then start to decline that grown men like yourself will be dragging their names through the dirt for amusement.

truetrini

Great run by Cedenio given his lane and the fact that he is a slow starter without the benefit of many athletes to his outside. Even if he were in one of the middle lanes I do not think he has the strength yet to run/contend in the 45 low/mid range to medal. On to the Olympics and valuable 4x400m experience.  :applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Not bad really, he needs to get a bit stronger as you suggested and he will go further.

truetrini

I hope you tell Brandon all other youth athletes (Cedenio, Keshorn, etc) that "we trying to nurture on this forum" what the end game of working hard as a T&T athlete is - that when they reach their peak then start to decline that grown men like yourself will be dragging their names through the dirt for amusement.
Weary happens to be a woman

Offline gawd on pitch

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Dont worry about them STMB. There are many TT athletes that are under performing. You never hear me come out and bash them in the same manner as some do with DB. Yes Trinity Cross is a realist, and deep down inside Trinity wishes the best for DB. I think its more disappointment that has these guys coming and saying these things. Many was expecting DB to do really well. Unfortunately, things did not work out the way everyone wanted. Regardless, I stand by all the athletes who have experienced adversity in some way shape or form. I wish him the best. In fact I wish all of the athletes who are under performing the best.

On another note...I dont think Adam Gemili will run track after this Olympics. I think he decided to pursue track this year in order to generate some hype for UK in the sprints. Right now Adam is the best the UK has. But after this year, he will return to playing football. He will make 5x the amount playing football than running track.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Dont worry about them STMB. There are many TT athletes that are under performing. You never hear me come out and bash them in the same manner as some do with DB. Yes Trinity Cross is a realist, and deep down inside Trinity wishes the best for DB. I think its more disappointment that has these guys coming and saying these things. Many was expecting DB to do really well. Unfortunately, things did not work out the way everyone wanted. Regardless, I stand by all the athletes who have experienced adversity in some way shape or form. I wish him the best. In fact I wish all of the athletes who are under performing the best.

On another note...I dont think Adam Gemili will run track after this Olympics. I think he decided to pursue track this year in order to generate some hype for UK in the sprints. Right now Adam is the best the UK has. But after this year, he will return to playing football. He will make 5x the amount playing football than running track.
I wouldn't bank on that!
It's not always about making the maximum amount of money possible and its more to do with enjoying your career and being comfortable money wise.
And as far as I've observed this youth Gemili is getting plenty fame and enjoyment since turning to athletics plus he was not guaranteed to be a top successful footballer anyway as there is plenty of competition in that sport.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

truetrini

Re: Thread for IAAF World Junior Championships - Tue.10th to Sun.15th July
« Reply #100 on: July 12, 2012, 05:36:24 PM »
I feel he will soon be European Champion.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Please note I've also posted videos of other races involving T&T athletes higher up in this thread so you can page back and have a look!  :beermug:

Men's 400m Semi-Final Re-Run featuring Kenyan athlete Alphas Leken Kishoyian
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/qjIsq4Lvp1s" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/qjIsq4Lvp1s</a>

The Kenyan needed to beat Cedenio's semi-final time of 46.49 to qualify for final which he did!  :beermug:

Now here is the 400m final featuring Luguelin Santos, Machel Cedenio & the Kenyan!

Men's 400m Final featuring T&T's Machel Cedenio - WJC2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/RN6Qbjc7syw" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/RN6Qbjc7syw</a>

400 Metres - M   Final
12 July 2012 - 21:00
Position    Lane    Bib    Athlete    Country    Mark    .    React
1    6    228    Luguelín Santos    DOM    44.85    .    0.210
2    4    917    Arman Hall    USA    45.39    (PB)    0.158
3    8    40    Steven Solomon    AUS    45.52    (PB)    0.141
3    5    901    Aldrich Bailey    USA    45.52    .    0.149
5    9    854    Machel Cedenio    TRI    46.17    .    0.225
6    1    568    Alphas Leken Kishoyian    KEN    46.19    .    0.192
7    3    574    Boniface Ontuga Mweresa    KEN    46.50    .    0.321
8    2    778    Nikita Uglov    RUS    46.61    .    0.190
9    7    515    Javon Francis    JAM    47.57    .    0.214

Not at all bad from lane 9.

DHW that is no surprise that the kind from the Dominican ran that time. He has a season's best of 44.45 and only Lashawn Merritt has defeated him so far this year.
« Last Edit: July 12, 2012, 06:30:10 PM by Socapro »

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: July 12, 2012, 06:43:37 PM »
That Dom. has some toes,dey!!!!

Offline jai john

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: July 12, 2012, 07:13:52 PM »
Brandon Benjamin is 1 of my bff neighbour. He has come a long way and a longer way 2 go. As 4 DB loudest of steups d fella was neva d sharpest tool in d shed and his career mirror dat.

Well I think given the comments you usually make, that here, you are really expressing disappointment that DB did not go on to fulfill his potential. He will merely join so many others though , for all sorts of reasons, who never made it to the top at senior level...footballers, basketballers, cricketers, tennis players etc. world wide have fallen or failed the armchair critic.

If you had ever seen DB run in his heyday, Lawrence Rowe, Carl Hooper, etc you would have been witness to some memorable performances that time will never erase.

You would have long passed if you were a west indies supporter ...you have to learn to accept what is there .... high hopes ..great expectations can create haters .... and i know you are not that ....

I have given up on DB getting to the top as a senior but i will cherish the memory of a truly fantastic young sprinter who went to el dorado ... was not blessed academically but he was a joy to watch on the track ...was it Tyson Gay who described him as having the best running style he had ever seen ... I eh seen many but i am still to see anyone who could make running look so easy ...just as Rowe and Hooper made batting look so easy ...but they wont go down in the annals as some lesser talents have  ... but in own minds they will always be where the air is rare ...
As an aside ..DB still holds the record as the fastest junior the world has ever seen ... and I am privileged to say I saw him run.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Jamaican Dacres wins discus title
« Reply #104 on: July 13, 2012, 12:19:29 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/Jamaican_Dacres_wins_discus_title-162309836.html

Jamaican Dacres wins discus title
Story Created: Jul 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM ECT

l BARCELONA

Reigning Carifta Games champion, Jamaican Fedrick Dacres measured a personal best mark to capture gold in the discus while Bahamian sprint queen Anthonique Strachan booked her spot in the 200 metres final at the World Junior Championships, yesterday.

The 18-year-old Dacres threw 62.80 metres to edge Poland's Wojciech Praczyk (62.75m) and South Africa's Gerhard de Beer (61.57m).

"I feel really good. At the moment of throwing I didn't have anything on my mind," said Dacres, who also took gold at the World Youth Championships in Lille last year.

"I train in Calabar High School in Kingston. I hope that in the future Jamaicans will not only be first in sprint. I hope they change to more disciplines."

Strachan, meanwhile, won her 200 metres semifinal in a time of 23.28 seconds to advance to today's final as one of the fastest qualifiers.

The double Carifta Games sprint champion is now poised to complete the double after winning the 100m on Wednesday night.

Jamaican Shericka Jackson, meanwhile, clocked 23.58 seconds to finish second in the first semifinal and clinch her spot in the final.

She followed home American Olivia Ekpone who clocked 23.49.

Only two Caribbean runners will be present in the men's 200m final after Jamaican Julian Forte won semifinal heat one and Bahamian Teray Smith finished third.

Fort clocked 20.83 seconds while Smith stopped the clock at 21.06. Anguilla's Zharnel Hughes and Antigua's Cejhae Greene did not start in that semifinal.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Keshorn Walcott in javelin final at World Juniors
« Reply #105 on: July 13, 2012, 12:23:09 AM »
http://www.trinidadexpress.com/sports/HUNT__FOR__GOLD-162309886.html

HUNT FOR GOLD
Keshorn Walcott in javelin final at World Juniors

By Kwame Laurence kwame.laurence@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Jul 13, 2012 at 12:02 AM ECT

Keshorn Walcott will hunt for gold at the World Junior Track and Field Championships, in Barcelona, Spain, today.

The Trinidad and Tobago athlete produced a 74.17 metres effort in the men's javelin qualifying competition, yesterday, to finish first in Group A and second overall. Australia's Luke Cann threw 74.54m to top Group B.

Walcott's throw was well past the 72.00m automatic qualifying mark. It was produced in the very first round, allowing the Toco thrower to maximise on his rest, ahead of today's final.

Walcott is at the top of the 2012 world junior list at 82.83m.

Machel Cedenio finished fifth in yesterday's men's 400m final, the T&T quartermiler completing his lap of the track in 46.17 seconds.

Dominican Republic's Luguelin Santos won in an impressive 44.85 seconds, forcing Arman Hall (45.39), of the United States, to settle for silver. Another American, Aldrich Bailey and Australian Steven Solomon shared bronze. They could not be separated by the photo finish camera, both athletes clocking 45.52.

Of the nine finalists, 17-year-old Cedenio is the only one eligible to compete at the next edition of the World Junior Championships. All things being equal, he will be among the favourites for gold in 2014.

T&T's Kernesha Spann finished third in heat two in 59.84 seconds to advance automatically to the women's 400m hurdles semis. She will compete in the second of three semifinal heats, today.

Brandon Benjamin got home in 51.93 seconds to secure fifth spot in heat two in the men's 400m hurdles semis. The T&T athlete was 19th overall, and did not advance to the final.

Jereem Richards and Jonathan Farinha bowed out in the men's 200m semis. Richards finished fourth in heat one in 21.14 seconds, while Farinha clocked 21.72 for seventh spot in heat two.

In the opening round, Richards was second in heat five in 21.12 seconds. Farinha, meanwhile, booked his semifinal berth as a "fastest loser", the 16-year-old getting to the line in 21.19 to finish fourth in heat four.

T&T's Mark London will be in action today in the opening round of the men's 800m. Steve Waithe competes in the men's triple jump qualifying competition. And T&T will be on show in the men's 4x100m heats.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Cedenio fifth in 400m finals
« Reply #106 on: July 13, 2012, 12:34:09 AM »
http://www.guardian.co.tt/sport/2012-07-13/cedenio-fifth-400m-finals

Cedenio fifth in 400m finals
Published: Friday, July 13, 2012
Clayton Clarke

Machel Cedenio finished fifth in the men’s 400m finals at the 14th IAAF World Junior Track and Field Championships in Barcelona, Spain, yesterday. The 16-year-old crossed the line in  46.17 seconds, running out of lane eight. Race favourite Luguelin Santos (44.85) of the Dominican Republic won gold with USA’s Arman Hall (45.39) taking silver and Australian Steven Solomon (45.52), bronze. Cedenio fell short of his personal best of 46.02, set at last month’s Sagicor/NGC Senior Championships. The Presentation College, San Fernando student said before the race he expected the outing to be tough but was hoping to dip under 46 seconds. Cedenio’s father, Hayden, was delighted with his son’s performance. “When I see all the hard work he has put into his training, I think it is paying off. He will be hungry now for a medal in the 4x400m on the weekend. I think they could get the gold.”

Meanwhile, Keshorn Walcott became the second T&T athlete to qualify for the finals when he finished second in the men’s javelin qualification. Walcott topped group A with 74.17m getting over the 72.00m standard with his first and only throw. Luke Cann of Australia was the top qualifier with 74.54, the best in Group B. The finals are carded for today at 8.25 pm (Barcelona time)/2.25 pm (T&T time). Kernesha Spann will also be in action after qualifying for the women’s 400m hurdles semifinals. The two-time CAC Junior champion was third in heat two, clocking 59.84. She will line up in lane nine of the second heat at 9.42 pm/3.42 pm (T&T).

Jereem Richards and Jonathan Farinha were semifinalists in the men’s 200m event. Richards (Quantum) was ninth overall in 21.14 seconds and missed out on the finals by 0.08 seconds. He was fourth in heat one and was well off his personal best of 20.82.

Farinha (Abilene Wildcats/QRC) was 21st quickest in 21.72 running into a 4.5m/s head wind. Both advanced out of the preliminaries earlier in the day with Richards 14th best in 21.12 and Farinha 15th (21.19) as the top 24 advanced. Brandon Benjamin also bowed out in the semifinals of the men’s 400m hurdles. He finished fifth in heat two in 51.93 and was 0.20 seconds off his personal best.  Today the men’s 4x100m team will be in action in the preliminaries carded for 7.35 pm/1.25 pm.

RESULTS

MEN

400m finals
1  Luguelin Santos  Dom Rep  44.85
2  Arman Hall  USA  45.39
3  Steven Solomon  Australia  45.52
4  Aldrich Bailey  USA  45.52
5  Machel Cedenio  T&T  46.17
6  Alphas Keken Kishoyian  Kenya  46.19
7  Boniface Ontuga Mweresa  Kenya  46.50
8  Nikita Uglov  Russia  46.61
9  Javon Francis  Jamaica  47.57

Javelin qualifying (72.00m or top 12 advance to finals)
2  Keshorn Walcott  T&T  74.17

Men’s 400m Hurdles semifinals
19  Brandon Benjamin  T&T  51.93

200m semis (Top eighth advance to finals)
9  Jereem Richards  T&T  21.14
21  Jonathan Farinha  T&T  21.72

Preliminaries (Top 24 advance to semifinals)
14  Richards  21.12 (-0.3)  2h5
15  Farinha  21.19 (+1.1)  4h4

WOMEN

400m hurdles (Top 24 advance to semifinals later today)
15  Kernesha Spann  T&T  59.84
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 12:36:05 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Link to view the IAAF World Junior Championships, in Barcelona, Spain from Tuesday 10th to Sunday 15th July 2012, live on EuroSport 2: http://www.sportlemon.tv/v-4/2/40/v-424196.html

And here is link for Day 4 (13 Jul) Startlist and Results: http://www.iaaf.org/mini/wjc12/Results/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=07-13-2012

World Junior Championships, Barcelona July 10-15

Day 4 - Events Schedule

Red => T&T athlete(s) involved in event

Date Time  Sex   Event  Round
Morning session

13/07 09:00   W   Discus Throw   Qualification   Startlist
13/07 09:00   M   10,000 Metres Race Walk   Final   Startlist
13/07 09:30   W   High Jump   Qualification   Startlist
13/07 10:05   W   100 Metres Hurdles   Heats   Startlist
13/07 10:20   W   Discus Throw   Qualification   Startlist
13/07 10:30   W   Long Jump   Heptathlon   Startlist
13/07 11:00   M   3000 Metres Steeplechase   Heats   Startlist
13/07 11:40   W   1500 Metres   Heats   Startlist
13/07 12:00   M   Hammer Throw (6kg)   Qualification   Startlist
13/07 12:20   M   800 Metres   Heats   Startlist
13/07 13:45   M   Hammer Throw (6kg)   Qualification   Startlist

Afternoon session
13/07 18:00   W   Javelin Throw   Heptathlon   Startlist
13/07 18:05   M   Triple Jump   Qualification   Startlist
13/07 18:30   M   High Jump   Final   Startlist
13/07 18:35   W   4x100 Metres Relay   Heats   Startlist
13/07 19:05   W   Javelin Throw   Heptathlon   Startlist
13/07 19:05   M   4x100 Metres Relay   Heats   Startlist
13/07 19:35   W   400 Metres Hurdles   Semi-Final   Startlist

13/07 19:55   W   Long Jump   Final   Startlist
13/07 20:00   M   400 Metres Hurdles   Final   Startlist
13/07 20:15   W   200 Metres   Final   Startlist
13/07 20:25   M   Javelin Throw   Final   Startlist
13/07 20:30   W   400 Metres   Final   Startlist
13/07 20:50   W   800 Metres   Heptathlon   
13/07 21:30   M   200 Metres   Final   Startlist
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:04:28 AM by Socapro »

truetrini

« Reply #108 on: July 13, 2012, 11:45:59 AM »
Kernesha Spann is in need of training, desperately in need of training..LORD!!!!!  Her technique is HORRIBLE..she can knock a great del of time off her PB if she gets the technique right....all that stutter stepping etc..piss poor...LORD her technique realy, really bad.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Results 800 Metres Men (Heat 2) - Morning session Fri.13th July
« Reply #109 on: July 13, 2012, 11:47:21 AM »
http://www.iaaf.org/mini/wjc12/Results/ResultsByDate.aspx?racedate=07-13-2012

800 Metres - M   Heats
Qual. rule: first 3 of each heat (Q) plus the 3 fastest times (q) qualified.
(Morning session)

Heat 2 - 13 July 2012 - 12:28
Position   Lane   Bib   Athlete   Country   Mark
1   1   93   Nijel Amos  BOT 1:48.31 Q   .
2   6   808   Elnazeer Abdelgader  SUD 1:48.66 Q   (SB)
3   2   71   Anthonio Mascoll  BAR 1:49.31 Q   .
4   5   947   Shaquille Walker  USA 1:49.55 q
5   7   831   Johan Rogestedt  SWE 1:50.25    .
6   9   245   Daniel Andújar  ESP 1:50.30    .
7   3   672   Filip Ingebrigtsen  NOR 1:50.74    .
8   8   858   Mark London  TRI 1:53.23    .
9   4   189   Alex Beddoes  COK 1:58.30    (NJ)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:50:14 AM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Triple Jump - M   Qualification
Qual. rule: qualification standard 15.90m or at least best 12 qualified.
(Afternoon session)

Group A - 13 July 2012 - 18:05
Position   Bib   Athlete   Country   Mark   Wind
1   207   Pedro Pichardo  CUB 16.64 Q   (0.3)   .
2   62   Latario Collie-Minns  BAH 16.51 Q   (1.7)   .
3   132   Georgi Tsonov  BUL 15.97 Q   (0.4)   .
4   110   Henrique da Silva  BRA 15.81 q   (0.2)   (PB)
5   357   Lasha Gulelauri  GEO 15.75 q   (4.9)
6   567   Isaac Kirwa Yego  KEN 15.72    (1.3)   .
7   841   Pratchaya Tepparak  THA 15.57    (0.5)   .
8   409   Emmanouíl Makrís  GRE 15.55    (1.6)   .
9   953   Ruslan Kurbanov  UZB 15.47    (0.8)   .
10   930   Felix Obi  USA 15.45    (1.4)   .
11   558   Hiroaki Yonezawa  JPN 15.23    (4.3)   .
12   865   Steve Waithe  TRI 15.12    (0.3)   .
13   624   Ihab El Hajri  MAR 15.12    (1.6)   .
14   95   Goabaone Mosheleketi  BOT 15.10    (2.7)
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 11:57:05 AM by Socapro »

truetrini

« Reply #111 on: July 13, 2012, 12:02:09 PM »
The US athletes are the best technically..man the technique is so much better than the rest.

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

4x100 Metres Relay - M   Heats
Qual. rule: first 2 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified.
(Afternoon session)

(World Junior Lead) Japan wins Men's 4x100m Relay Heat 1 - WJC2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/bhhNL3GlmPY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/bhhNL3GlmPY</a>

Heat 1 - 13 July 2012 - 19:05
Position   Lane   Team   Country   Mark
1   8   Japan Junior (Kazuma Oseto; Akiyuki Hashimoto; Aska Cambridge; Kazuki Kanamori)  JPN 39.01 Q   (WJL)
2   4   Brazil Junior (Leandro de Araújo; Yuri Monteiro; Renato dos Santos Junior; Rodrigo Rocha)  BRA 39.29 Q   (AJ)
3   7   Poland Junior (Kamil Bijowski; Przemyslaw Slowikowski; Karol Zalewski; Adam Jablonski)  POL 39.31 q   (NJ)
4   9   Australia Junior (Ben Jaworski; Hugh Donovan; Nicholas Hough; Matthew Bertacco)  AUS 39.34 q   (AJ)

5   6   Thailand Junior (Ruttanapon Sowan; Kritsada Namsuwan; Jaran Sathoengram; Jirapong Meenapra)  THA 39.68    (SB)
6   5   Nigeria Junior (Chukwudike Harry; Okeudo Jonathan Nmaju; Mamus Emuobonuvie; Martins Ogierakhi)  NGR 39.86 (SB)
7   3   South Africa Junior (Angus Julies; Siphelo Ngqabaza; Pieter Conradie; Fana Mofokeng) RSA  39.87    (SB)

USA wins & T&T 3rd Men's 4x100m Relay Heat 2 - WJC2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/YrJSpENSFGk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/YrJSpENSFGk</a>

Heat 2 - 13 July 2012 - 19:13
1   6   United States Junior (Cameron Burrell; Aldrich Bailey; Arman Hall; Arthur Delaney)  USA 39.25 Q   (SB)
2   7   Bahamas Junior (Anthony Farrington; Blake Bartlett; Shane Jones; Stephen Newbold)  BAH 39.48 Q   (NJ)
3   9   Trinidad and Tobago Junior (Jesse Berkley; Jonathan Holder; Ashron Sobers; Jonathan Farinha)  TRI 40.01
4   3   Germany Junior (Robert Polkowski; Patrick Domogala; Maximilian Ruth; Jonas Lohmann)  GER 40.08    (SB)
5   8   Italy Junior (Alessandro Pino; Eseosa Desalu; Giacomo Tortu; Giovanni Galbieri)  ITA 40.41    (SB)
6   5   Denmark Junior (Morten Dalgaard Madsen; Andreas Trajkovski; Emil Strom; Frederik Thomsen)  DEN 40.60    (NJ)
.    4   Finland Junior (Miika Wynne-Ellis; Markus Koivula; Samuli Lehtinen; Eetu Rantala)  FIN DQ   . 

GBR wins Men's 4x100m Relay Heat 3 - WJC2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9gbyw6f6I2M" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9gbyw6f6I2M</a>

Heat 3 - 13 July 2012 - 19:21
1   9   Great Britain & N.I. Junior (Emmanuel Stephens; Chijindu Ujah; Thomas Holligan; Adam Gemili)  GBR 39.09 Q   (SB)
2   5   Jamaica Junior (Jevaughn Minzie; Odean Skeen; Senoj-Jay Givans; Jazeel Murphy)  JAM 39.19 Q   (SB)

3   4   Canada Junior (Devon Rittinger; Drelan Bramwell; Mobolade Ajomale; Calvin Arsenault)  CAN 40.58    (SB)
4   6   Spain Junior (Adrián Pérez; Daniel Mazón; Óscar Husillos; Rodrigo De la Oliva)  ESP 41.08    (SB)
5   7   Bahrain Junior (Husain Mohamed Hasan; Ahmed Mohamed Alshawoosh; Husain Sameer Mubarak; Ali Omar Abdulla Al  oseri) BRN 41.09
8   France Junior (Guy-Elphège Anouman; Pierre Chalus; Mickael-Meba Zeze; Ken Romain)  FRA DQ   .
.    3   Switzerland Junior (Brahian Peña; Yanier Bello; Silvan Wicki; Bastien Mouthon)  SUI DQ   .
.    2   Czech Republic Junior (Marek Bakalár; Michal Desensky; Jan Jirka; Zdenek Stromšík)  CZE DNF   

NB: The T&T Relay does not make it thru to final. Some slack running by the youths as they should have been aiming to beat the Bahamas to at least secure 2nd place in their Heat.
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:52:51 PM by Socapro »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: July 13, 2012, 12:47:03 PM »
Boom. big throw. Takes the lead.

Argentina fellow take back the lead now, rel action
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

400 Metres Hurdles - W   Semi-Final
Qual. rule: first 2 of each heat (Q) plus the 2 fastest times (q) qualified.
(Afternoon session)

Olean Kolesnychenko wins Women's 400mH Semi-Final Heat 1 - WJC2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/4kBG2VjMZyY" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/4kBG2VjMZyY</a>

Heat 1 - 13 July 2012 - 19:35

1   5   1701   Olena Kolesnychenko  UKR 57.35 Q   (PB)   0.179
2   3   1749   Shamier Little  USA 57.46 Q   .    0.222
3   4   1097   Taylor Farquhar  CAN 57.82 q   (PB)   0.164

4   6   1311   Christine Salterberg  GER 57.96    .    0.243
5   2   1247   Valentine Huze  FRA 59.42    .    0.165
6   7   1511   Agnieszka Karczmarczyk  POL 59.94    .    0.184
7   9   1622   Tasabih Mohamed El Sayed   SUD 59.95    .    
8   8   1597   Anna Ustinova  RUS  1:00.40    .    0.333

Kaila Barber wins Women's 400mH Semi-Final Heat 2 - WJC2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/ANbQWfrWqVk" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/ANbQWfrWqVk</a>

Heat 2 - 13 July 2012 - 19:42

1   8   1727   Kaila Barber   USA 57.29 Q   (PB)   0.173
2   7   1496   Vilde J. Svortevik  NOR 57.34 Q   (NJ)   0.184
3   6   1683   Kübra Sesli  TUR 57.45 q   (NJ)   0.192

4   5   1096   Sage Watson  CAN 58.04    (PB)   0.181
5   4   1011   Tessa Consedine  AUS 59.75    .    0.185
6   9   1661   Kernesha Spann  TRI 1:00.63    .    0.176
7   3   1325   Effrosíni Theodórou  GRE 1:00.91    .    0.208
8   2   1598   Olga Vovk  RUS 1:00.97    .    0.230

Janieve Russell wins Women's 400mH Semi-Final Heat 3 - WJC2012
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa3lq0QmHbI" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/Xa3lq0QmHbI</a>

Heat 3 - 13 July 2012 - 19:49

1   4   1382   Janieve Russell  JAM 57.23 Q   .    0.161
2   5   1243   Aurèlie Chaboudez  FRA 57.46 Q   (SB)   0.192

3   7   1703   Anastasiia Lebid  UKR 58.13    (PB)   0.223
4   8   1611   Eva Trošt  SLO 58.60    (PB)   0.155
5   3   1681   Emel Sanli  TUR 58.82    .    0.198
6   6   1027   Sara Klein  AUS 58.93    .    0.207
7   2   1225   Oona Hujanen  FIN 59.88    (PB)   0.199
8   9   1056   Devinn Cartwright  BAH 1:03.88    .    0.199
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 04:41:34 PM by Socapro »

Offline Socapro

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Javelin Throw - M   Final
(Afternoon session)

Order   Bib   Athlete   Country   SB 2012   PB

1   308   Joni Karvinen  FIN 71.96   71.96
2   394   Bernhard Seifert  GER 72.70   78.55
3   44   William White  AUS 73.57   73.57
4   889   Yuriy Kushniruk  UKR 75.05   75.05
5   607   Intars Išejevs  LAT 74.83   74.83
6   866   Keshorn Walcott  TRI 82.83   82.83
7   428   Norbert Rivasz-Tóth  HUN 69.47   69.47
8   18   Braian Toledo  ARG 79.73   79.73
9   436   Rajesh Kumar Bind  IND 74.75   74.75
10   791   Jaka Muhar  SLO 75.94   75.94
11   760   Morné Moolman  RSA 75.08   75.08
12   32   Luke Cann  AUS 75.21   75.21
« Last Edit: July 13, 2012, 01:02:27 PM by Socapro »

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: July 13, 2012, 01:26:42 PM »
Walcott in trouble. He needs to make his last throw count or he will come 2nd
Youtube Channel

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:32 PM »
Boom 78.64! Gold!
Youtube Channel

truetrini

« Reply #118 on: July 13, 2012, 01:40:51 PM »
Walcott wins with a BIG throw ...GOLD!

truetrini

« Reply #119 on: July 13, 2012, 01:41:12 PM »
Walcott stays very far from that foul line.

1]; } ?>