April 22, 2024, 06:56:12 PM

Author Topic: 2012 CFU U-20 Qualification Thread.  (Read 9089 times)

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: 2012 CFU U-20 Qualification Thread.
« Reply #30 on: August 10, 2012, 05:40:14 PM »
TT Under 20s go down 3-0 to Suriname. TT now needs to beat hosts St Vincent on Sunday to advance to the CFU Final Round.
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: August 10, 2012, 05:55:18 PM »
Thanks Trini

0-3...not good
good luck in the next game
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: August 10, 2012, 06:31:43 PM »
Yep that's a michael mccomie coached team
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: August 10, 2012, 06:40:12 PM »
This imps they call big Mac.......

:whistling: :whistling:

Wake up mudda f00cker and put your personal love for Anton in the back seat.

Put down yuh guitar and pick up a violin.

I eh see nothing wrong with de vid.... :pissedoff:..

:rotfl:

strange... i see some very good things in the video... say what
« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 04:17:05 AM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 10, 2012, 06:47:55 PM »
Wut? 3nil loss to Suriname? Wtf!
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 10, 2012, 07:05:00 PM »

This lost eh nothing to what happen to we Princesses!!!

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: August 10, 2012, 07:35:19 PM »

This lost eh nothing to what happen to we Princesses!!!

oh gord doh remind me  :(
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #37 on: August 11, 2012, 03:29:08 AM »
T&T put themselves in must win situation vs St Vincent.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago put themselves in an all too familiar position of late, having to score an outright victory in their final round encounter  to ensure any chance of advancing in a World qualifying tournament.

This was the scenario after T&Tís Under 20 Menís team suffered a 3-0 beating to Suriname in their second Caribbean Football Union Group 4 qualifier at Victoria Park on Friday night.

The result, coupled with St Vincent/Grenadines 3-1 defeat of Guyana on the same evening means that both teams still have a realistic chance of advancing to the CFU final round in November and will both come out with all guns blazing when they meet in Sundayís final match from 7:30pm in Kingstown.

Suriname currently tops the group with six points and are almost certain to advance as group winners while St Vincent (three points) are ahead of third placed T&T (three points) on goal difference  and  Guyana holds the cellar spot.

A victory for either T&T or St Vincent will push them to six points and a place in the finals as one of the three best second placed teams in the four CFU groups.  Same time a draw for St Vincent will see them finish the group in second spot ahead of T&T on goal difference.

Puerto Rico is already guaranteed one of the runners up places with seven points while Dominican Republic is next  in the running with five points. The other group in Antigua is currently being contested.

T&Tís display was lethargic for much of the 90 minutes and a far cry from their showing in Wednesdayís 2-1 win over Guyana. Suriname  were a better organized team but certainly not superior to T&T which is going after a third Under 20 World Cup qualification after reaching the Finals in 1991 and 2009.

The win though could be seen by the Dutch-speaking men as some form of avenging their humiliating 9-1 defeat to T&T's Under 23s in Olympic qualifying last year.

On Friday night Suriname got their opening goal in the 33rd minute when Eduard Rahi headed home on the far post from close range after his captain Nibte Mervill swung the ball over from the left edge of the six yard box.

T&T would then fall behind 2-0 when goalkeeper Quesi Weston was adjudged to have pulled down Rahi as both players chased after a ball played in from the left by Blatz Terrence. Apai Yekini stepped up to convert the penalty with ease to Westonís left.

That goal led to T&T dropping their shoulders as they struggled to mount decent attacks on the opposition goal. The Surinamese defence stood their ground and kept T&T at bay throughout.

And as T&T tried desperately to find a way through, Yekini found open space and notched his second goal to put the game beyond T&T. He struck a right footer into the top left corner of the net past a hapless Weston in the 76th minute.

T&Tís pace of play remained at one level for much of the affair, lacking any kind of urgency until they conceded their third goal. Only then they seemed to realize that a positive result was slipping away from their reach. Suriname knew at that stage that they just needed to keep their cool and the three points would be theirs.

Midfielder Jomal Williams had T&Tís best try at goal moments before Suriname got their third item, seeing his shot come off the top of the cross bar after substitute Shackiel Henry laid the ball on.

Williams who scored the opening goal against Guyana was however a shadow of himself and Duane Muckette was unable to stamp his authority on T&Tís midfield play as Suriname maintained their discipline and gave T&T little room to play.

Akeem Garcia replaced Williams eight minutes from the end and Kye West also got a run, coming on for Marcus Gomez who also struggled to find his footing in the middle of the park for the 57 minutes he was on for. Lone starting forward Dwight Quintero didnít manage a good sniff at goal and was also replaced by Henry in the second half.

Muckette helped guide the previous Under 17 through the Caribbean stage with ease last time around but he knows that anything other than an outright win on Sunday will send his Under 20 team packing long before they get to Mexico next year for the CONCACAF final round.

Teams

T&T: Ė 20.Quesi Weston; 2.Anthony Charles, 3.Alvin Jones, 5.Damani Richards, 6.Adan Noel, 7.Neil Benjamin, 8.Duane Muckette (capt), 9.Dwight Quintero (17.Shackiel Henry 68th), socawarriors.net, 10.Jomal Williams (14.Akeem Garcia 82nd), 11.Xavier Rajpaul, 19.Marcus Gomez (18.Kye West 57th).

Coach: - Ross Russell.

Suriname: - Delano Stella; Purcy de Baas, Albert Nibte, Miquel Darson, Ivanildo Misidjan, Raynel Gambier (Celten Olt 61st), Sergino Rahi Eduard, Bruce Diporedjo, Viola Bodji (Saverio Gazon 78th), Giovanni Terrence Blatz (Arzinio Poina 68th), Dimitrie Yekini Apai.

Coach: - Imro Sleur.

Referee: - Leon Clarke (St Lucia).

Attendance: - 300.

Standings

GP  W  T  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts
Suriname  2  2  0  0  4  0  +4  6
St. Vincent  2  1  0  1  3  2  +1  3   
Trinidad & Tobago  2  1  0  1  2  4  -2  3 
Guyana  2  0  0  2  2  5  -3  0

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 03:45:18 AM by Flex »
The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 11, 2012, 06:47:46 AM »
Yea Sam...sorry but I cant help you

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: August 11, 2012, 08:43:36 AM »
Yea Sam...sorry but I cant help you

Ah know...

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: August 11, 2012, 08:49:04 AM »
Well  if we beat st Vincent i hope  changes are made !!
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/sh8SeGmzai4</a>

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: August 11, 2012, 10:09:30 AM »
This is worrying we always get through these early groups with ease falling to Mexico which is not bad considering Mexico has one of the best youth systems in the last decade,the last set of u20s took care of these first rounds with ease, i hope this is not the beginning of the decline of our youth football as i am an avid supporter of the youths, but i cant say i am surprised considering the idiot coaches and the axes these coaches had to grind. Imagine St Anthony's college who swept schools football playing 19 games unbeaten,a feat for any team school or otherwise and none of the players are deemed to be good enough for this team. i tell you these administrators of football we have in trini and tobago, mad,mad,mad  :banginghead:

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 11, 2012, 11:57:48 AM »
This is worrying we always get through these early groups with ease falling to Mexico which is not bad considering Mexico has one of the best youth systems in the last decade,the last set of u20s took care of these first rounds with ease, i hope this is not the beginning of the decline of our youth football as i am an avid supporter of the youths, but i cant say i am surprised considering the idiot coaches and the axes these coaches had to grind. Imagine St Anthony's college who swept schools football playing 19 games unbeaten,a feat for any team school or otherwise and none of the players are deemed to be good enough for this team. i tell you these administrators of football we have in trini and tobago, mad,mad,mad[  :banginghead:

Actually, John Thomas, Quintero and Rajpaul on de side and them went St Anthony's..

« Last Edit: August 11, 2012, 12:04:49 PM by Sam »

Offline kaiser

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: August 11, 2012, 01:38:51 PM »
This is worrying we always get through these early groups with ease falling to Mexico which is not bad considering Mexico has one of the best youth systems in the last decade,the last set of u20s took care of these first rounds with ease, i hope this is not the beginning of the decline of our youth football as i am an avid supporter of the youths, but i cant say i am surprised considering the idiot coaches and the axes these coaches had to grind. Imagine St Anthony's college who swept schools football playing 19 games unbeaten,a feat for any team school or otherwise and none of the players are deemed to be good enough for this team. i tell you these administrators of football we have in trini and tobago, mad,mad,mad[  :banginghead:

Actually, John Thomas, Quintero and Rajpaul on de side and them went St Anthony's..

All wrong John Thomas and Xavier Rajpaul Fatima and Dwight Quintero ElDorado Blue , trust me I know ,I follow youth football in trini. You probably mixing up Quintero with Dwight Ceballo

Offline Dynamite Warrior

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: August 12, 2012, 06:31:17 PM »
3-0 TT at the half Adan Noel,Kye West,Jomal Williams.

Offline weary1969

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: August 12, 2012, 07:37:49 PM »
So now lookin 2 pull out must win by x goals juzzy.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: August 12, 2012, 08:04:57 PM »
FINAL SCORE: St. Vincent 0-3 T&T.

We advance to the final round of qualifiers to be played in Puebla, Mexico February 18-March 2 2013.
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: August 12, 2012, 11:50:31 PM »
Sam...hard luck...we advance...bad news

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #48 on: August 13, 2012, 04:17:12 AM »

We advance to the final round of qualifiers to be played in Puebla, Mexico February 18-March 2 2013.

Tallman, you sure ? I thought the final CFU round is in November in Jamaica and then the top 5 onto Mexico in Feb. next year ?

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2012, 04:19:31 AM »
T&T seal spot in final CFU round with 3-0 win.
By: Shaun Fuentes (TTFF).

Trinidad and Tobago secured a spot in the Final round of Caribbean Football Union Under 20 qualification towards the 2013 FIFA Under 20 World Cup after putting on an unstoppable first half showing in their 3-0 victory over St Vincent/Grenadines on Sunday night.

Needing an outright win to keep their qualifying chances alive, T&T started well out the blocks and got their opening goal through W Connection midfielder Jomal Williams in the 5th minute. Further goals by Kye West in the 39th and Adan Noel in the 44th minute saw T&T jump to a 3-0 lead going into the half time break.

It was just what head coach Ross Russell was hoping for as the comfortable advantage saw T&T sitting back for much of the second half even as the home side pressed them and went close to pulling a goal back down the final stretch. The result meant T&T finished Group 4 in second place with six points, same as group winners Suriname who topped the group on goal difference despite losing their final match 2-1 to Guyana on Sunday.

T&T will join hosts Jamaica, Haiti, Puerto Rico, Cuba, Suriname and two yetto be determined teams ((following the end of the group in Antigua on Sunday night) in the final CFU round in November from which five teams from the eight-team tournament will advance to the final CONCACAF round in Mexico next February.

For Sundayís outing, Russell made a couple changes to his start team, introducing West on the left wing and current National Under 17 right wing back Shannon Gomez with US-based goalkeeper John Thomas also coming in. Defender Neil Benjamin was ruled out on two yellow cards.

Like they did in the opening 2-1 win over Guyana, T&T started quickly and seized the early advantage when Damani Richards played a long ball out of the back, finding Dwight Quintero on the left of the penalty box and he squared for the onrushing Williams who took his time to place a right footer into the left of the goal to silence to home fans which occupied the major part of the stands behind T&Tís goal in the first half.

St Vincent tried to hit back soon after and Thomas came up big to block a low close range attempt by Azinho Solomon. The Tobago-born Thomas would go on to produce a tidy showing, making a couple more vital saves and handled the high cross balls with relative ease.

Quintero who started as T&Tís lone forward in the three games went scoreless but not without a couple good efforts. His first was a low diving header that went inches wide of the upright and then when Noel beat his man on the right and crossed, Quintero met the incoming ball but his right footed shot went into touch off the right post.

Another solid performer during the series for T&T was defender Alvin Jones and he almost put T&T 2-0 ahead when his header narrowly missed the crossbar on the half hour mark. Jones, son of former Senior team defender Kelvin Jones and brother of current senior team player Joevin Jones, was T&Tís most reliable player at the back. On Sunday he was called up to make at least two crucial interceptions as the Vincentians pressed for a goal in the second half.

Noel, a W Connection midfielder, was also a force for T&T on the right side and he also went close to doubling T&Tís lead with a free kick from atop the box that struck the cross bar after taking a deflection off a Vincentian defender.

Moments later, he would assist in T&Tís second item which West converted on the near left post from a ball coming across from the right of the box. West is the son of former Miss World Giselle La Ronde West and leaves this month to join Villanova University on a football scholarship.

Five minutes later Noel scored his second assurance goal of the tournament when Xavier Rajpaul started a play near the middle of the half, finding Williams who in turn slipped one through to Noel on the right and he picked his spot well before firing past a hapless Jomo Toppin in goal for St Vincent. The La Brea-born player had scored T&Ts winner in the 2-1 victory over Guyana on Wednesday.

St Vincent didnít lie down despite trailing by three and created a few anxious moments for their fans and should have punished T&T for some lackluster play as the end of the match approached but Jones and company kept them at bay. Gomez was also impressive for T&T in defence alongside Anthony Charles while skipper Duane Muckette kept things in order in the middle of the park for T&T.

Russell later admitted that while he was delighted to advance to the final round, the road ahead would include intense preparations for the T&T team.

ďIím happy that we came here tonight and got the job done. The first order of business was coming out of the group and we put some pressure on ourselves needing to win here tonight. But the team delivered and hats off to the boys,Ē Russell told TTFF Media.

ďWe took care of business in the first half but it showed also that we could have come away from here with nine points if we had the same approach in the second game against Suriname. We need to be more consistent and we also need to play for 90 minutes and more because there was some instances tonight where St Vincent looked like pulling a goal back which could have made the game harder for us.

We have a couple months before the final round and the preparations will have to intensify to bring the team to a level that is sufficient to advance in CONCACAF and move on to the World Cup next year,Ē Russell added.

The T&T Team will return home at 5:15pm on Monday on a Caribbean Airlines charter flight.

Teams

T&T: Ė 10.John-Ramses Thomas, 2.Anthony Charles, 3.Alvin Jones, 5.Damani Richards, 6.Adan Noel, 8.Duane Muckette (capt), 9.Dwight Quintero (16.Marcus Bernard 70th), 10.Jomal Williams, 11.Xavier Rajpaul, 13.Shannon Gomez, 18.Kye West (15.Shaquille Nesbitt 54th).

Coach: - Ross Russell.

St Vincent: - To be updated

Coach: - Pete Morris.

Standings

GP W  T  L  GF  GA  GD  Pts 
Suriname  3  2  0  1  5  2  +3  6
Trinidad & Tobago  3  2  0  1  5  4  +1  6
Guyana  3  1  0  2  4  6 -2  3
St. Vincent  3  1  0  2  3  5  -2  3
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 04:40:30 AM by Flex »

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2012, 05:58:30 AM »

Tallman, you sure ? I thought the final CFU round is in November in Jamaica and then the top 5 onto Mexico in Feb. next year ?

Yeh, ah get ahead of mehself. Ah hope meh crystal ball correck doh  ;D
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Trini _2026

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2012, 07:37:43 AM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/A61-McXOa1o&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/A61-McXOa1o&amp;list=UUYjTv-40_nhaU5HVy5er3Ug</a>

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2012, 07:17:02 PM »
I watched the video of the St Vincent and Guyana team. I did not see the Suriname clip. Was there one? Tell me allyuh. Now I don't know how these guys lost to Suriname. Suri. have to much better than TT to give us 3. But watching the first game against Guy, the guys were at least trying to pass the ball around, even in the tight spaces. Maybe Guy was giving them too much space, but the lil guys were trying to play a Barsa brand. Nothing wrong with that. But when they meet teams that are quicker and more ball savvy they will have problem. But this sub. coach or whoever they pick to replace McCommie has his work cut out to do. I do hope coach get them for 2 week period  to work on them.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: August 14, 2012, 04:19:46 AM »
Sam...hard luck...we advance...bad news

I have no problem with that, I want to see FIGHT, FITNESS and I want to see us prepare better.

I also did not like Rougier, Marcelle and McComie and all is gone now !!!...

Ross Russell I am not to fund of, but I perfer him over the other guys and I hope he continues to improve as a coach.

Enjoy your victory because next rounds go bite real hard, so hopefully them boys train, fitness will take them true, not beating man on de line.

4 easy rules - Trap, pass, shoot and make yourself available for the ball at all times.

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: August 14, 2012, 06:12:38 AM »
Have to agree with Big Mag and Deeks on this one.........i dont know what u was watching Sam, but that clip against Guyana saw alot of passing and movement from our young squad. 

The state of the pitch was poor, but still, i saw alot of neat short passing and the occasional long ball.

ah love it!!
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #55 on: August 14, 2012, 06:42:34 AM »
Thanks for posting that video Tallman.

These men cant even connect 5 passes before resorting to long ball.

What poor football. T&T coaches all play the same cheap brand of football, kick and hope, cant pass, cant shoot, cant trap and elimiates the midfield.

On the good side, I hope they imporve as a team, this is only their first game together.

We'll see, knowing the TTFF they will head into next rounds (if they make it) under prepared and the other group caribbean teams are broke the same so I want to hear the excuse the TTFF then.

I might have agreed with you if the field wasn't so bad and the long passes weren't reaching their targets.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 06:44:38 AM by Jah Gol »

1]; } ?>