April 08, 2020, 06:05:29 PM

Author Topic: TRINI TRICKS MINAJ ...fails to deliver $100,000 in services for video shoot  (Read 1703 times)

0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic.

Offline Socapro

  • Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • *
  • Posts: 14523
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Guess the fraudster is only following the example set by respected individuals like our Minister of National Security. Wonder how Renraw will approach trying to correct this sin that he himself probably inspired? :devil:

http://www.trinidadexpress.com/news/TRINI__TRICKS__MINAJ-161879335.html

TRINI TRICKS MINAJ
...fails to deliver $100,000 in services for video shoot

By Wayne Bowman wayne.bowman@trinidadexpress.com
Story Created: Jul 10, 2012 at 12:00 AM ECT


A MAN known among members of the local entertainment fraternity has defrauded hip-hop artiste Trinidad-born Nicki Minaj and the producers of her music video "Pound the Alarm" which was filmed here last week.
 
The fraudster took more than $100,000 to render services towards the production of the music video and delivered nothing.
 
This created a production and logistical nightmare for the producers and crew, but the quick thinking of film director, Benny Boom, his team and several locals who were involved in the project saved the day.
 
A report has been made to the police by the producers, London Alley Entertainment of New York, USA, who were told that for now the case is being treated as a breach of contract.
 
No one involved wants to go on record to confirm the identity of the individual, but there are whispers among people involved in the local film, fete production and soca arenas about the suspect.
 
A spokesperson from London Alley Entertainment, which shot and produced the music video, confirmed to the Express yesterday that the man took money from them and did not deliver on any of the services agreed on.
 
The spokesperson also confirmed that a report was made to the police and that they expected to have the funds returned within coming days.
 
"London Alley Entertainment did file a report with the local Fraud Squad about an individual in Trinidad receiving money from them to provide services involved with the local end of producing the music video for 'Pound The Alarm' by Nicki Minaj. At this time it is not a case of fraud, but being treated as a breach of contract. We are also confirming that it is around the sum of $100,000 and we are expecting that the money will be returned without legal process," the spokesperson said, on the condition of anonymity.
 
The Express learned that the man, who himself owns a video production business, has in the past taken money from local event producers and others several times promising to provide various services that he never delivered on or provided shoddy service, often times at the very last minute after having been confronted and threatened.
 
Minaj arrived in Trinidad last Tuesday and the video shoot took place at several places around Trinidad with the main event coming off at the Grand Stand of the Queen's Park Savannah in Port of Spain and at Jerningham Avenue, Belmont where soca star, Machel Montano, was joined by Minaj on a music truck in what was a simulation of Carnival Tuesday.
 
A call had gone out for masqueraders to come out in their Carnival costumes to be a part of the 500 people wanted for the parade.
 
Although the director contacted Tribe mas band to provide masqueraders before coming to Trinidad, people wearing costumes from other bands such as Island People and Dream Team also came out to the Savannah.
 
Also included were traditional mas characters and other elements of Carnival. Making cameo appearances were Bunji Garlin and his wife Fay Ann Lyons-Alvarez
 
This was the second music video shot here by director Benny Boom, who during the Carnival of 2000, shot scenes for the Jay-Z "Big Pimping" music video.
 
He was then and remains one of the most sought after music video producers in the United States having worked with Minaj, 50 Cent, Nas, T-Pain, R Kelly and Nelly to the Pussycat Dolls, Sean Paul, Trey Songz and New Kids on the Block.
 
He also directed the acclaimed films Next Day Air and S.W.A.T. Fireflight.
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline weary1969

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 27225
    • View Profile
 ::) Is bad PR after bad PR after bad PR.
Today you're the dog, tomorrow you're the hydrant - so be good to others - it comes back!"

Offline Peong

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 7091
    • View Profile
Who is the fella?

Offline Deeks

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 17336
    • View Profile
Who is the fella?

a crook with contact in high places!

Offline fari

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3060
    • View Profile
Who is the fella?

a crook with contact in high places!

hadda be b/c i ent hear no name called yet

Offline Socapro

  • Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
  • *
  • Posts: 14523
  • Ras Shorty-I, Father of Soca, Chutney-Soca & Jamoo
    • View Profile
Who is the fella?

a crook with contact in high places!
Sound exactly like a Renraw family member to me!  :devil:
De higher a monkey climbs is de less his ass is on de line, if he works for FIFA that is! ;-)

Offline dinho

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 8591
  • Yesterday is Yesterday and Today is Today!
    • View Profile
"country representative for tempo networks"
         

Offline mukumsplau

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 2035
    • View Profile
mr E. Tv


Offline Deeks

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 17336
    • View Profile
Come and say who the blasted man is, nah?

Offline NYtriniwhiteboy..

  • Hero Warrior
  • *****
  • Posts: 3349
    • View Profile
watch the name called here Deeks
Local producer denies Minaj fraud
By Mark Bassant CCN Senior Multimedia Investigative Journalist

Local film producer Ellis Briggs has claimed he was made a fall guy by the US based company responsible for Nicki Minaj's video shoot in Trinidad and Tobago on July 4.
"They had to discredit me, they had to say I did something, you know that is what this is essentially is about," he said last night.
Briggs and his lawyers walked into the CCN building yesterday and spoke exclusively with TV6 News.
Briggs said he never received any money from London Alley Productions to help offset the cost he incurred for consultancy fees, equipment rentals and services.
Briggs referred to a wire transfer document submitted by the foreign-based company to local Fraud Squad detectives indicating it had sent partial payment in the sum of US$9,999 but he said upon closer scrutiny anyone would realise something was not right.
"When you read the document it says wire transfer scheduled so it is scheduled to go and then by the delivery date there is a question mark and the delivery time a question mark, because it has not been delivered yet, it has not been sent," Briggs said.
He said he had to co-ordinate these two ventures with both companies, and claimed that when representatives of Minaj came to Trinidad they tried to cut him off and negotiate lower fees with the people he had arranged for the shoot.
To date, Briggs said, no money has gone into the account and he practically dipped into his own pocket to ensure these costs were met.
"I know for a fact the account number is correct because my staff sent the information to them and they saying that it was a mix up with the account number. I personally went and I made sure all the information was correct so I knew something was not right," he said.
Briggs said he has always done everything above board and challenged anyone to come forward with information suggesting otherwise.
"There are always going to be people when you doing business who are not happy with whatever the final result is," he said.
Briggs's lawyer, Criston Williams, said the chatter on social media and in the entertainment circles has seriously compromised his client's character and ability to get any local jobs.
"And actually to break terms and conditions of the contract is just unfair and what does that basically do to my client's reputation and the image of Trinidad and Tobago?" he asked.
Briggs claimed his name was removed from the list of the Trinidad and Tobago Film Company, without any proper explanation.
The Express last night contacted managing director of London Alley Production, Luga Podesta, by phone in the US to respond to the claims made by Briggs.
He said, "We can't give any information about this case because of legal reasons.
Back in Trini...