April 28, 2024, 05:08:00 PM

Author Topic: DIRECTV partners with W-Connection  (Read 2527 times)

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
DIRECTV partners with W-Connection
« on: July 14, 2012, 10:07:46 AM »
DIRECTV partners with W-Connection
ttproleague.com

W Connection football club has landed what is described “the biggest sponsorship deal” by the club when it signed an agreement with dish network television company DIRECTV (Trinidad Limited) on Friday morning.

However both DIRECTV and W Connection preferred to keep the monetary value as well as the length of the agreement under the carpet.

Brent Boodoo, Marketing Coordinator - Trade and Sponsorship DIRECTV Trinidad Limited, was only willing to boast that the sponsorship agreement could run for a very long time.

The partnership agreement will see the Couva based club prominently display the name DIRECTV W Connection beginning with the CONCACAF Champions’ League group stage at the beginning of August.

DIRECTV, last season’s chief sponsor of Sangre Grande based club North East Stars, dismissed the question on whether or not the company switched allegiance based on Connection’s participation in the CONCACAF Champions’ League which automatically means more mileage.

Boodoo explained that Connection and DIRECTV have been in talks for a very long time and that the partnership had nothing to do with the fact that the David John Williams owned football club is participating in the CCL.

He further explained that although the company is no longer the chief sponsor of North East Stars, it will continue to support various community projects put on by the Sangre Grande club including the “Champions of Champions” north-eastern districts football tournament.

“It’s a great pleasure today that DIRECTV forms an alliance with W Connection,” said Tamara Ragoonath, Marketing Manager, Caribbean DIRECTV Trinidad Limited, during her remarks at the Venture Credit Union, Penthouse in Couva on Friday morning during the media launch.

“This partnership is not a mutually beneficial agreement, but seeks to enhance the benefits of sport in (T&T).

“One of the key components in the DIRECTV brand is to enrich communities throughout the country; corporate social responsibility and to take pride in giving back.

“The now DIRECTV W Connection team has displayed constant progress and it’s what we want it to do. The vision of the team is important to ours, and we feel confident in the partnership.”

Ragoonath added that DIRECTV General Manager William Pantin has always been impressed with David John Williams’ commitment to local football and to the development of sport.

“I believe it’s an investment,” was the opinion of Chairman of the Board of Directors at W Connection David Martin.

He added, “This morning we celebrate the partnership with the leading provider of the tv entertainment industry. Thank you for this alignment and we look forward to a great partnership and excitement.”

The partnership of W Connection and DIRECTV has come on the horizon of disbelief by some as to whether or not the TT Pro League can survive, following a disappointing pullout by San Juan Jabloteh earlier this month because of financial difficulties.

League CEO praised Connection on its new partnership, and believes that other clubs should take pattern in the Couva based club’s success on and off the pitch, reiterating the importance of the business side of football.

“David John Williams is one of the most, if not the most, passionate about W Connection, about professional football and about the TT Pro League,” he said.

“Let me thank DIRECTV for partnering with one of our top premier clubs. It’s not a chance that (DIRECTV) chose W Connection. I think David John Williams has strategically set up his business side of things. Football is about business and with the players ensuring that you become the best product on the field and off the field. And as a result (John Williams) is reaping the fruits of his hard labour of over 10 years.”

Skeene also knocked on corporate T&T to support the League and the talented footballers produced by the clubs. He reminded that it is the athletes who go out and put Trinidad and Tobago on the world map with their God given talents.

The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
Re: DIRECTV partners with W-Connection
« Reply #1 on: July 14, 2012, 11:52:25 AM »
Excellent !!!!..

W Connection is a great investment, a top club indeed...

Hope others follow and jump onboard with other T&T clubs.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 14, 2012, 12:53:11 PM »
This was a very impressive presentation. The players and staff looked really smart and the event was well organised. DIRECTV deserve paraise for their support and hopefully will get some benefit from the marketing potential.  :beermug:

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2012, 03:47:58 PM »
I agree! I'm very excited about this marketing collaboration.  I hope W connection can stun the Sounders and really make a good Champion's league impression.  Trini hasn't had the cup since what 1985? Let's take on Chelsea in the world club cup!

Offline Big Magician

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2012, 04:21:06 PM »
good
Little Magician is King.......ask Jorge Campos

Offline Sando

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2012, 09:18:28 PM »
Big sponsor equals big team.

Nice going W Conn.

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2012, 11:47:20 PM »
I agree! I'm very excited about this marketing collaboration.  I hope W connection can stun the Sounders and really make a good Champion's league impression.  Trini hasn't had the cup since what 1985? Let's take on Chelsea in the world club cup!

W Connection is not in the same group as the Sounders, that's the job of Cali AIA! I am looking forward to that game and I would be cheering on Cali hoping that they at least make it competitive.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline JRtheWriter

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2012, 07:03:21 AM »

W Connection is not in the same group as the Sounders, that's the job of Cali AIA! I am looking forward to that game and I would be cheering on Cali hoping that they at least make it competitive.

Big Up!

I meant in the finals! ;) lol.
No, but thanks for the correction.  I put 500 bucks away hoping the Union were going to win their Semi Final match and play in the U.S. Open Cup finals in Seattle.  Maybe now I'll use that cash and go see AIA play! Do you live in Seattle?

Offline DeSoWa

• Hero Warrior
  • Life. Passion. FOOTBALL!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2012, 02:16:12 PM »

Big Up!

I meant in the finals! ;) lol.
No, but thanks for the correction.  I put 500 bucks away hoping the Union were going to win their Semi Final match and play in the U.S. Open Cup finals in Seattle.  Maybe now I'll use that cash and go see AIA play! Do you live in Seattle?

Yes, I do. PM me anytime you in town.

Big Up!
Warrior Nation Member

Forward Thinking does not mean you cannot reflect on the Past!

Offline Tallman

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 17, 2012, 05:29:48 PM »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9L0T2ibtZ6E" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">http://www.youtube.com/v/9L0T2ibtZ6E</a>
The Conquering Lion of Judah shall break every chain.

Offline Deeks

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 17, 2012, 06:09:26 PM »
Nice :thumbsup:

Offline andre samuel

• Hero Warrior
  • "ah love it!!"
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2012, 07:40:51 AM »
On another note, this can be perceived as the rich (WConn) getting richer and the poor (Northeast Stars) getting poorer.

Congrats to W Conn all the same
Andre Samuel, who controls all the rights to the phrase "ah love it!!"

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2012, 10:07:31 AM »
On another note, this can be perceived as the rich (WConn) getting richer and the poor (Northeast Stars) getting poorer.

Congrats to W Conn all the same

North East have always received huge support from Japs, but Mahabir prefers not to publicise this. A better example would be St Anns. They always seem to struggle, but manage to make it through the season. But it's just the way of football. If the sponsors of Man U, Chelsea, Liverpool, Arsenal and Spurs paid 1% to League 1 and 2 clubs, survival would be much easier. But the fact is, the more successful you are as a club, the more sponsors want to be involved.

I think that the interest in W.Connection is vital to the survival of every ProLeague club. There will always be spin offs. Bigger crowds at W.Connection matches helps the League and puts money into the pockets of the home side.

Connection may be helping the Pro League turn a corner. They deserve everything they can accrue.

Offline Flex

• Administrator
  • Hero Warrior
  • A Trini 4 Real.
    • View Profile
    • Soca Warriors Online
« Reply #13 on: April 24, 2014, 07:35:14 AM »
Direc-TV signs on for a further two years.
W Connection Release.

Point Lisas Industrial Estate, Couva, April 23rd 2014 – As league leaders DIRECTV W Connection FC race to the finish line in the lead up to the TT Pro League finals, their title partners DIRECTV Caribbean has signed on for a further 2 years with an agreement that sees them allied till 2016.

Their partnership which began in 2012 saw Connection finish 4th in their group in the CONCACAF Champions League, failing to advance to the second stage, 3rd in the TT Pro League 2012/2013 season, and taking home 3 pieces of silverware from the Digicel Charity Shield, Lucozade Goal Shield and the Digicel Pro Bowl tournaments.

The Savonetta Boys who have been consistent performers this season and have been a fixture at the top of the standings, have played a total of 21 league matches with 13 wins, 6 draws, 2 losses and 43 league goals scored. The Central based team has also captured 3 pieces of silverware for the season thus far and is campaigning for their fourth this week.

On Friday 25th April, Connection will come up against their biggest rivals for 2013/2014 and cross town team Central FC in the Lucozade Goal Shield finals as they defend their 2012/2013 title. Out of 5 meetings for the season, both teams share two wins, two losses and one 1 draw. The hefty cash injection into the league’s prize monies has certainly made this season an interesting one.

The real measure of a man's character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.

1]; } ?>