April 23, 2024, 11:17:16 PM

Author Topic: Hopefuls Bahrain keen to avoid culture shock (article)  (Read 2328 times)

Offline trinimuse

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
Hopefuls Bahrain keen to avoid culture shock (article)
« on: October 28, 2005, 09:34:08 AM »
Iz more dan "culture shock" in dey qweffm..  :rotfl:

Quote: fron the Bahraini Coach, fifaworldcup.com

"I know that Panama used a lot of young players today and I am not excited about the result but I am happy that my players are getting the feel of what it's like to face such teams," he said.

Ah dont know how dat could make sense...to anybody ...

Full story here:http://fifaworldcup.yahoo.com/06/en/051028/1/53d0.html

Offline Socaman

• Live Yuh Life Like Yuh Playin Mas!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Re: Hopefuls Bahrain keen to avoid culture shock (article)
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2005, 09:52:40 AM »
But Peruzovic sounding a little nervous   :-\ :-\ :-\ :-\

"Peruzovic admitted he was still concerned by his squad's lack of exposure to sides from the North, Central American and Caribbean region." :-\ :-\

"We are not familiar with the culture of the game in this part of the world and we do not want to start learning about it on the day of the match against Trinidad and Tobago," said Peruzovic.  :-\ :-\

"I know that Panama used a lot of young players today and I am not excited about the result but I am happy that my players are getting the feel of what it's like to face such teams," he said.  :( :(

Vibes It Up Warriors!!!!!!!!  :beermug: :beermug:

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2005, 10:09:02 AM »
Bahrain have little experience Period

it not that they not used to concacaf teams

They not used to any kind of teams

Just last year them men was playing football on sand
Is only lately they get some water to wet the grass to learn how to play on grass.

Even though TnT does not have much experience on a world stage we playing football long before Bahrain even learn what football was.

Have no fear is more than culture shock them facing

They facing football shock.

When them men see some big strong niggas line up for TnT so.
They would not know what to thing

Dont talk bout when Stern John and Big Dog start to fly in with wild tackle.
The first hard jam they game all man game done.

These men live in a sheltered world.

Is more than culture shock they facing.
They facing total devastation

Offline greenpea

• Full Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2005, 10:12:16 AM »
Sound like the practice match not for de players but rather for de coach.....  :chilling:

Offline Jah Gol

• Hero Warrior
  • Ronaldinho is the best player of our era
    • View Profile
    • The Ministry of Noise
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2005, 05:54:13 PM »
That talk of playing teams to understand the culture of teams on this side of the world is bull. No two teams are alike. There are huge differences in the Ameican style to the Mexican or even the Costa Rican style. The T&T style is even more different.

Bahrain went to camp with only two regulars. They full team will be released around the same time as our players.  :rotfl: It essentially means that we will have the same amount of time to prepare as us. Fellas Bahrain fraid we. I remain confident of T&T qualifying for WC06. Remember Latapy said that the intention is to get a big win at home. Its not arrogance, its just a matter of fact, we are better than them and we just have to do the work on the pitch to show that we are better than them.

Offline khalid

• Jr. Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2005, 06:21:16 PM »
That talk of playing teams to understand the culture of teams on this side of the world is bull. No two teams are alike. There are huge differences in the Ameican style to the Mexican or even the Costa Rican style. The T&T style is even more different.

Bahrain went to camp with only two regulars. They full team will be released around the same time as our players.  :rotfl: It essentially means that we will have the same amount of time to prepare as us. Fellas Bahrain fraid we. I remain confident of T&T qualifying for WC06. Remember Latapy said that the intention is to get a big win at home. Its not arrogance, its just a matter of fact, we are better than them and we just have to do the work on the pitch to show that we are better than them.

Your are kind of overlooking an important fact and that is both teams (Bahrain and T&T) have many yellow cards. Hence our coach is working hard to prepare the subs just in case one of the main players gets booked in the away game on Nov 12th in T&T. In fact i think it's really good that he is doing this now rather than waiting for it to happen and then you sit and scratch ur head over how ur gonna fill the gap. This is an issue which concerns not only the Bahraini team but the T&T coach as well since a good number of your players already have a yellow card as well, and another yellow card on nov 12 will just make them warm the bench on nov 16th.
It is unfortunate that our main players will not be released until Nov 5th, but at least they are playing the regular league games which will ensure that they stay fit until the T&T game time. Plus, you're wrong Bahrain is not afriad of you or anything. I can talk and you can talk from now till Nov 12th and it won't make a difference. Let the game speak for itself

Offline pioneertrini

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 28, 2005, 07:26:43 PM »
yeh well these are 2 international coaches, beenhakker is one of the best around. and the bahrain coach must be decent. they would have studied the yellow card situation a long time ago. i think the yellows should be wiped off now. Trinidad have played 18, bahrain have played 14. so i dont see why a player should be punished for a yellow while playing against teams like dominican rep or syria. but Bahrain are worried, they would be stupid not to. its not that we are boasting. but wen u look at it, Trinidad has players all over the world playing professional. while bahrain have players in qatar where the standard of football isnt great. just because a few old ex superstars plays there does not mean its a great league. trinidad will be easily the favorites and that of course will concern the coach, but its football and if the result was set in stone u wouldnt need to play. having said that im confident trinidad will win.

1]; } ?>