April 18, 2024, 07:46:59 PM

Author Topic: Breaking News: National U 17 Player denied passport and opportunity to play for  (Read 4059 times)

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Just got the call from the boys mother. She was told that the '16 year old boy' needs a National I D Card in order to get a TnT Passport.

Because he is from Tobago, he has to go back to Tobago to apply for the I D Card.

The Manager had arranged for 8 boys on the team to get their passports fast tracked as this is a requirement for participation in the WCQs which start next week.

Ah trying to get on to my contact in the Immigration Office here in Tobago to check out this claim.

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
So isn't Trinidad the same country as Tobago, same ID etc etc....

T&T really f00cking backwards we...

Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok this is so sad right not. This youth from a not very wealthy family turned 16 two months age which means that to get a passport he now has to have an I D Card. Now Two months ago this boy had no inclination that he would have the chance to represent the Red White and Black, let alone have any reason to need either a Passport or and I D Card.
I really hope that the other 8 boys from Trinidad had their ID Cards, or the National Team will be looking for 8 players for next week.

Maybe, just maybe they will accept the receipt that they give you to come back to collect the ID Card, but I wonder who is going to pay for the youthman and his mother to come to Tobago to go to get his ID Card, and go back to the Immigration in Trinidad.

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
200% EXPECTED!!!
is TT we talking about I say this because of some little dealing I had with the Embassy here in London about 24 years ago,I have no time for details but they are a load of officious,pedantic,big headed nobodies who are trying to attach some importance to their boring little lives.I hope not to have any dealings with them or any other official here or in TT,I would refuse to use the TT passport ever,just use the British one.

Offline injunchile

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Lucky you who have two passports - What about most Trinis with only a T&T passport.
 I agree with you 100% about the attitude of the Embassy staff. If you think UK bad check out the Consulate in Miami.

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Normally the ID card must be issued from your district as its tied to the voters list. However I doh see any reason why it cant be fast tracked if he does have to go back to Tobago to do it.
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
  • "Luck Favours The Prepared"
    • View Profile
I get a passport without id card a few years ago. The new passport. Like they change the rules?
"Evil is powerless if the good are unafraid."
Youtube Channel

Offline Bourbon

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I get a passport without id card a few years ago. The new passport. Like they change the rules?

Interesting. What documents did you have to provide? Maybe he has to have photo ID to allow it to be fast tracked? Cause what would stop anyone from getting his birth certificate and posing as him?
The greatest single cause of atheism in the world today are Christians who acknowledge Jesus ;with their lips and walk out the door and deny Him by their lifestyle. That is what an unbelieving world simply finds unbelievable.

Offline Michael-j

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

I don't have, and never had ,a T&T ID card and I got my passport without any problems. Maybe the rules have indeed changed.

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Interesting. What documents did you have to provide? Maybe he has to have photo ID to allow it to be fast tracked? Cause what would stop anyone from getting his birth certificate and posing as him?

Driver licence, birth paper. Can't think of anything else.

Or I know what it is, yuh right. he needs to have (photo id), in my case I had my driver licence.
« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 12:20:21 PM by D.H.W »
Youtube Channel

Offline palos

• Hero Warrior
  • Test
    • View Profile
The Government could strive to do whatever they can to assist those individuals looking to procure documents when they're about to represent the country by expediting the process as much as possible.
Carlos "The Rolls Royce" Edwards

Offline Sam

• Hero Warrior
  • Police face and dog heart.
    • View Profile
Palos, who in government now, not Jack and Anil, you think Jack and them helping anybody especially relating to football matters.

Furthermore, anybody going to represent a country needs a valid ID or passport, the TTFF should let people know first hand especially kids this age.

With a birth paper should be more than enough to get a passport for kids under 17 ?.

Allyuh call Anil - 1 800 suc pric or visit Anal.com

« Last Edit: July 18, 2012, 03:42:37 PM by Sam »
Faster than a speeding pittbull
Stronger than a shot of ba-bash
Capable of storming any fete

Offline FF

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Palos, who in government now, not Jack and Anil, you think Jack and them helping anybody especially relating to football matters.

Furthermore, anybody going to represent a country needs a valid ID or passport, the TTFF should let people know first hand especially kids this age.

With a birth paper should be more than enough to get a passport for kids under 17 ?.

Allyuh call Anil - 1 800 suc pric or visit Anal.com

sam ah went and visit that website and ah almost lorse meh wuk.... wha is dat one?

;D
THE BEATINGS WILL CONTINUE UNTIL MORALE IMPROVES

Offline D.H.W

• Forever Man Utd
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Youtube Channel

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
So I logged on this morning and to my surprise ( :) ) the squad has been named...and the young man is not on it.

So should I be the one to call this boy and tell him that he is not on the squad, which, as we had believed was trying up to yesterday to get him his passport ????

Offline Tenorsaw

• Hero Warrior
  • YNWA
    • View Profile
So I logged on this morning and to my surprise ( :) ) the squad has been named...and the young man is not on it.

So should I be the one to call this boy and tell him that he is not on the squad, which, as we had believed was trying up to yesterday to get him his passport ????

Who's you: management?

Offline frico

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
I remember once in TT i went to the Red House to get a Birth Certificate coz mine was really mashed up,I saw 2 blokes chatting behind a desk looking like receptionists,I stood up to get their attention and also to let them finish their conversation.I realised that they wasn't gong to stop their drivel so I asked in a most mannerly way,"I am here to get a birth certificate could you direct me to the Library"the immediate answer was,"ah doh know",one bloke was the spokesman.I was shocked and didn't know what to do,as I was contemplating my next move a girl called out my name and said,"what yuh doing here I thought you in England",this girl was from St.Clair and I had met her in England when she was on holiday,I told her my plight and she took me right past the 2 lazy wankers straight to the library which was just about around the corner from where they were,how can anybody explain that.That is the attitude pervades every facet of life in TT.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Ok so a few people might have felt offended by my utterances. let me make my position quite clear...........

The passport was not denied by the TTFF and they did in fact do everything in their power to assist. Due to the efforts of the TTFF other boys did indeed get their passports on time.

The problem is with the Immigration Officers that we met and had to deal with. In Trinidad they promised to help in front of the manager of the team, but when he left they told the mother that she had to go back to Tobago.
The Officers in Tobago did not want to know about the TTFF and any arrangement that they made for the boys on the national Team.
At that point we took the decision that we would do the standard application and leave the rest up to the TTFF to get the passport in time for the tournament. After this they refused to deal with me and started hounding the mother to pay the extra $300. to get the passport expedited, so that we would get it in time. I started to ask if the money was going into their pocket, that is how terrible their behavior was.

Offline vb

• Board Moderator
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
    • http://www.caribsport01.homestead.com/caribsport.html
200% EXPECTED!!!
is TT we talking about I say this because of some little dealing I had with the Embassy here in London about 24 years ago,I have no time for details but they are a load of officious,pedantic,big headed nobodies who are trying to attach some importance to their boring little lives.I hope not to have any dealings with them or any other official here or in TT,I would refuse to use the TT passport ever,just use the British one.

Know exactly what you mean. I had the same experience as you but it was 26 years ago. I was shocked and embarrassed that these people were representing my HC abroad. I still remember the ignorance to this day. Sadly in any Third World Country this is the norm.

VB

VITAMIN V...KEEPS THE LADIES HEALTHY...:-)

Offline KND2

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Give him and his parents a 2 year ban from all football in the country including Tobago.

If you trying out for a national team it is expected that if you make the team you will have to travel to reprsent the country

That is what it means to be a "National" to represent the country against other countries.

A passport is required to travel

They should be smart enough to know this and pruduent enough to plan for this before hand.

That is what it means to be a smart player.
We have too much dunce players as it is.

Obviously you will need a passport.

To come at this 11th hour and expect people to jump through hoops is dotishness, cut his ass and put a next player, when he get the passport he could get back he spot.

If people too stupid to know this, there should be an information session for parents and players long before required deadlines are reached to inform them as to what they will need encompassing everything. This should be a standard for the TTFF.

People think football is about kicking ball, but before you could kick the ball plenty more thing you must know.

You dont make the team and then get a passport.

You get a passport as a requirement to try out for the team.

Twidle dee or Twidle dumb
either way fine with me..............

Offline Football supporter

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
Give him and his parents a 2 year ban from all football in the country including Tobago.

If you trying out for a national team it is expected that if you make the team you will have to travel to reprsent the country

That is what it means to be a "National" to represent the country against other countries.

They should be smart enough to know this and pruduent enough to plan for this before hand.

To come at this 11th hour and expect people to jump through hoops is dotishness, cut his ass and put a next player, when he get the passport he could get back he spot.

If people too stupid to know this, there should be an information session for parents and players long before required deadlines are reached to inform them as to what they will need encompassing everything. This should be a standard for the TTFF.

People think football is about kicking ball, but before you could kick the ball plenty more thing you must know.

To be fair mate, I know many young players who are on the fringes of the national youth teams who don't have passports. Unfortunately, many of the parents have never been abroad, and the guys themselves do not see themselves travelling overseas unless its through football. A passport to them is a luxury item. Yes, if they are selected, the money will be found, but otherwise, sadly, money won't be spent on a passport that may never be used. 

Dumplingdinho

i agree it have some real lazy doh care ppl when it comes to doing their job but i agree with KND, a passport should be something on they mind...a passport not that expensive unless u seeing real hard times...i am sure dem yutes wearing jordan, kobe, lbj shoes or whatevea shoes in style right now.

Offline elan

• Go On ......Get In There!!!!!!!!
  • Hero Warrior
  • WaRRioR fOr LiFe!!!!!
    • View Profile

Don't really subscribe to this.

Yes, the requirement of having a valid PP before you are allowed to try out is a very good idea; one which should be implemented immediately.

I think some of us has been away from T&T for far to long.
<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4" target="_blank" rel="noopener noreferrer" class="bbc_link bbc_flash_disabled new_win">https://www.youtube.com/v/blUSVALW_Z4</a>

Offline Anbrat

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

Yes, the requirement of having a valid PP before you are allowed to try out is a very good idea; one which should be implemented immediately.

What is it that you do not subscibe to?

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

So why make the points you did about banning the boy for 2 years and how stupid people are then make this point after......
Allyuh really don't like no body.

The main point of this thread was about the attitude of the Immigration Officers. The fact is that plans were arranged and the officers acted like clowns. Go back and read the post properly.

The TTFF made arrangements and appointments for 8 boys who did not have passports.....

To be fair mate, I know many young players who are on the fringes of the national youth teams who don't have passports. Unfortunately, many of the parents have never been abroad, and the guys themselves do not see themselves travelling overseas unless its through football. A passport to them is a luxury item. Yes, if they are selected, the money will be found, but otherwise, sadly, money won't be spent on a passport that may never be used.
:applause: :applause: :applause: :applause:

Offline davidephraim

• Do Good and Live!!
  • Hero Warrior
    • View Profile

:applause: :applause: :cheers:
Warren N. Boucaud

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The other boy from Tobago was forced to pay $1300. to get his passport.... more on this later.

Offline Rastaman

• Hero Warrior
    • View Profile
The plot thickens.... The boy's mother just told me of her plight. She also had problems with the Immigration in Tobago. They told her they did not care where her son was, when she told them that he was with the national team. At this point she went to Trinidad where they agreed to help but at a cost of $1300. This was for a lost passport.

Now tell me... am I over reacting by highlighting this on this forum ????

So why did she have to run to Trinidad to get sorted out(forget about the price for now). DO the officers in Tobago have a different mandate to those in Trinidad.... or is it corruption that is taking place in Trinidad ?? ?? ??

I just checked and that is the correct price $1000. for a lost passport that is still valid and $300 to get it fast. So I am not complaining about the money right not, it is the attitude of the persons that we have to deal with. No love for Country or respect of national duty.

1]; } ?>